I don't want my sister in law around my baby: Advice?

I’m having a baby soon, and my husband and I don’t want my sister-in-law around the baby without my husband or me around. She thinks it’s okay to chase people around with knives and scream at the top of her lungs when she doesn’t get her way. My mother-in-law won’t listen to us when we bring up our concerns; how should we handle this?

74 Likes

I don’t blame you honestly. Do what is best for your family.

There is a group called “The mommy grind” might be a better place for all these questions

10 Likes

If you and your hubby are in agreement, then don’t bring the baby around her unless you know that one of you will be there. Simple right?

5 Likes

I thought this was a nails page??
Not a blog and questionnaire page… :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

What you say goes you are the parents not them… :woman_shrugging:t4:

10 Likes

Move away with your husband and baby! :running_woman:

2 Likes

Do not let her around your baby. Point blank. As a mother we tend to know what’s best. Stick with what your gut feeling.

3 Likes

Honestly, I was in the same situation when my son was born(8 years ago)My sister-in-law was very evil and was very jealous that I was having a kid( she got her kids taken away because she was neglecting them!)I told my husband about it and he told her. It was a big fight between my mother-in-law and BOTH my sister-in-laws. She was not a safe person. I told her “ I’m the mom and what I say; goes” your responsible for your child’s well-being! Not them! I didn’t feel bad about her not being involved in my kids life. Your kid, your choice!

2 Likes

Your baby…YOUR rules. Anyone that doesn’t understand that has the problem not you

2 Likes

Keep your baby with you at all times

1 Like

Can we get back to more nail posts?

8 Likes

I’m sorry but your baby, your rules!! Whatever you say goes wether upsets anyone and you never know it might help her grow the hell up

1 Like

I’d flat out state that unless she shows more mental stability she wouldn’t be alone with my child and anyone that has a problem with it then they can stay away too :woman_shrugging:

I thought this group was about nails and nail designs…:thinking: If I wanted to be in a mommy group I would be in one

4 Likes

Done with this page. There are pages dedicated for this

6 Likes

Don’t leave your baby with either one of them then. Even if that means paying for a babysitter so they aren’t watching your baby

2 Likes

Your not obligated to have people around your child. Do what you think is best.

2 Likes

what happen to this nail page???

5 Likes

Toxic is toxic, family or not! If the mom doesn’t want to listen then I’d cut em both off

4 Likes

Tell the sister in law straight up. Its the only way

1 Like

Is this a page about nails, or?

4 Likes

Ban her from.your house your child your choice and your child’s safety is your top priority

2 Likes

Well that seems easy you’re the parent… You have control over who’s around your child. If the grandparents fail to pay attention to your orders don’t use your grandparents as babysitters or as support don’t argue about it don’t fight about it. If you don’t like someone and you don’t want your child to run it then you as a parent set that standard.

1 Like

Welp…I’m out🤷🏽‍♀️
No “nails”…no need

4 Likes

What the fuck bro lmfao

To me, this is simple. She CANNOT be around the baby. If the mother in law doesn’t get it, or respect it she also CANNOT be around the baby. Your child your rules…all of YOUR rules. No one elses feelings matter.

What happened to posts about nails? Bye bye page

2 Likes

Chase her with a knife :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Don’t leave the baby with your mother in law and tell her if she doesn’t follow your rules for your child she won’t be able to see it

Idk why this is even a question lol if I didn’t want someone around my kids they wouldn’t be around my kids!! It’s my kids not theirs they have no say so at all!! Only me n their father!

Uhm no she wouldn’t be around my kid at all supervision or not I’m not having anybody toxic like that in my life or my kids lives

If you don’t remove yourself and baby play it out and stab your sister in law when she goes crazy.(protecting baby) I bet you mother in law will seek help then.

simple answer. MIL never gets to keep that baby.

Then stay away. You dont have to have anyone around you dont want.

1 Like

Don’t let her around your child, it’s that simple. You don’t have explain yourself to anyone. Your child, your choices

2 Likes

I did the same with my pervert brother! Stand strong! I guess MIL will have supervised visitation as well. Her choice to question a parents decisions.

2 Likes

Jesus… Restraining order?!

Don’t take her. PERIOD! You don’t owe an explanation.

1 Like

Move away…now… grab the baby, keys, ATM, Run!!!

Its your baby your lives its upto you and your husband nobody else

Don’t leave ur baby with any of them then.

6 Likes

I cut my brother off bc he was a toxic person :woman_shrugging:

Your baby so if she doesn’t abide by what you both think . Then don’t leave the baby with her either :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Crazy woman!
Don’t be around people like that. And people who condone that behavior.

Absolutely not!! I wouldn’t leave any of them alone with your child then. And if they want a reason why, you explain just that, the Sisters nuts, and the mom is an enabler.

2 Likes

Your kid Your job is to protect and anyone who doesn’t understand your concerns can go fly a kite.

Dont put your child in that situation…ever! Seems simple…

1 Like

Wtf… sombody better check her meds!

Let her know that the babies safety is important and that she will need to get treatment for her behavior and as long as your mother in law thinks her behavior is safe then she has to be supervised also.

Easy you don’t allow her around the child.
If you’re in the same environment then no issues because you and/or the dad is there.

2 Likes

Nope :-1: not ok to behave that way I’d never have anyone around like that without you or husband in same room !!

I’d not allow her in the house at all. Sever that relationship toxic is toxic

5 Likes

Your baby will be with you when it’s born , your going to be present/ your partner when the baby’s present , as your baby cannot walk by itself your sis in laws , this is abit of a weird question ,

2 Likes

Its your baby and your families well being do what is right for you…trust your judgment

Your baby your rules period!! She doesn’t sound stable enough to be around.

7 Likes

Just tell em how it is and how IT WILL BE. Don’t feel bad for wanting your child safe.

2 Likes

My psycho-self wouldn’t leave the baby with MIL or SIL. For whatever reason I had to leave the baby, would never be enjoyable because I would be so worried.
Put your foot down now, or it will never happen. If MIL thinks she can walk all over you before the baby is born, she sure will push everything on you after. #FromExperience

Your baby, your rules. Don’t leave baby alone with any of them. Problem fixed. Sister in-law is unstable and not fit to be alone with a child.

Damn she wouldn’t get in my house…!

Don’t take YOUR baby around he crazy ass !!! Plain and simple Right ???

2 Likes

Give birth first then fight later maaama

1 Like

Your child, your rules! Period!!!

1 Like

Trauma like that is not going to let your child feel safe, and it might BE unsafe. Find out how to get a restraining order. Document that woman’s outrageous behavior as best you can…any past domestic violence calls, and psychiatric hospitalizations. Arrests, assault charges. Keep your baby safe.

Stay away from her & keep your baby away from her.

1 Like

Speak up! You decide! Stick to your decision- TELL the broad to her face. You will be defending and protecting this child for life! Start now! Don’t trust the mil either! Nope nope nope!

1 Like

My question is why is she even around if she has chased someone with a knife…isnt that a crime?:thinking:

Cut both of them off!! This is why I’ll never get married again!! No In laws for me…

2 Likes

Tell her straight up. and MIL too !!!

I honestly need more info. Do you guys share a house with the sis in law and mother in law? Or do you and your husband have your own home? Id be blunt and just come out and tell the sis in law she isn’t allowed around the baby. Who cares who likes it or not! Your baby, your choice! It may be a bit more difficult keeping her away from the baby if yall all share a home

I would leave my child alone with MIL either it seems like she might do it without your permission and/or knowledge. And you and your husband have the final say PERIOD don’t let someone bully you or make you feel bad for doing what is right for YOUR child

Who does she chase ?? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

That child is dependent on you to see to her safety… It is your obligation to make those safe decisions for her until she is capable… Those actions are not normal… if a real problem arises out of that kind of drama and your child is present there with out you, guess who will be brought up on child abuse charges… Wish more people would be more considerate where they leave their kids… Too many self centered people who don’t consider the impressions they are leaving on young young kids these… Take care of that baby and keep her safe!!! Follow you gut feelings too!!! They are never wrong…

1 Like

Simple GTFOH do not bring your baby around this person

Don’t let EITHER Of them sister in law and mother in law around your kid simples!! You as a parent need to do everything in your power for that child not to be in a crazy ass situation around crazy unstable ppl.

No one has the right to tell you what to do with your child just like YOU don’t have the right to tell someone who can or can’t be in THEIR house. Keep your baby home :woman_shrugging:t5:

Make the rules up front put them in writing on the front door so they can’t be missed… If they KNOW the rules they are more likely to obilge l

If she can’t abide by your wishes she will also not be allowed to have unsupervised time. That is what we did with family that felt what we didnt know wont hurt.

Police!!! Get a restriction order for her she can not be around the baby! Period

2 Likes

Simply put your jarjum first :100:

1 Like

Very simple you never leave the baby with the in-laws…ever. You cant control the situation or protect your child when you are not there.

Third times a charm lol

you are responsible for ghe safety and welfare of your baby. Be honest with your sister-in-law and calmly tell her how you and your husband feel about her behaviour in relation to your baby. Sounds like she had experienced some trauma and mental ill health herself and may need help. be kind?

This is your family and it is your prerogative to set healthy boundaries. Delete them and their drama from your lives. You’ll be happier and healthier and so will your children.

1 Like

Your baby your rules

3 Likes

You’re the mama. It’s not an option for them.

1 Like

LOL what? If your mother in law doesn’t abide by your wishes then I guess she isn’t seeing her grandchild!!!

You are the parents, you make the rules.

4 Likes

Your child your rules do whats best for your baby i wouldn’t let no psycho around my kids either

You’re the parents so really, what you guys say, goes. Period.

Your child, your rules. If you don’t feel your child is safe around her, that’s all that needs to be said.

1 Like

Holy crap! Stand your ground she is not safe around your child! If they don’t get it it’s not your problem! Keep safe!

PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN AND INSIST!! If rules aren’t followed then you need to take action and stick to it!

Restraining order :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

At the end of the day your the baby parents so if y’all don’t want her around y’all’s baby then y’all have every right to fell that way and who ever don’t agree with that don’t need to be around y’all’s baby just that simple :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Anyone that does not respect your wishes for his or her safety does not get to keep or be around the baby. No negotiations!

2 Likes

Why is this even a question? Don’t have your child around someone that is a danger.

2 Likes

Plane and simple don’t bring the baby around them

2 Likes

SIL shouldn’t be around ANY of you. Sad to say but if the inlaws won’t abide by this then they can’t keep the baby either.

Keep that child far away from that psycho and like everyone say don’t leave your child with in-laws cause if they see no issue in their daughter’s behavior then no doubt they will leave that child around her without you knowing.