I feel disconnected from my husband: Advice?

My husband and I have been together for five years. He works full time, and I’m a stay at home mom to our four year old. He’s a wonderful guy. Hard-working, always been loyal, caring… but the problem is I feel like he doesn’t want to spend time with me anymore. He gets home from work and either immediately wants to watch tv or go straight to bed. I’m home alone all day with our toddler and no other adult interaction whatsoever. It’s extreme;y lonely. I wait for him to get home so I can have a conversation with someone, but I understand how he feels after being at work all day. We used to talk all the time. I’ve tried explaining to him that I just need some adult interaction, and it’s hard being alone with a toddler 24/7 with no one around to help and no friends. I need to get across to him that I miss our conversations and hanging out together. I know he’s tired, but we still used to make time. Now, I ask him how his day went and got no answer except, “fine.” I feel disconnected from him. I’m just not sure what to do anymore except give him his space.

302 Likes

Stick the kid with grandma and take a couples trip.

5 Likes

He’s emotionally disconnected from the relationship.

2 Likes

Dont beg. Get busy and let him want time with u.

10 Likes

First you do need to get some other mommy friends, you can’t expect your husband to be your only friend. He’s not disconnected from the relationship he’s tired or stressed or both from being the provider, cut him some slack. Try planning things for his days off for all of you, or if you have babysitter for just the two of you. Instead of asking how work went as more specific questions…“anything funny/ interesting happen at work today” also try starting a conversation yourself (non work, non child, non house related) something you saw on the news, or read, or something coming up or going on with family. Communication is important but both parties need to contribute, and he may just not be in the mental state of mind after working to start and lead the conversation. Also trying to talk about things you know interest him and get him passionate helps.

2 Likes

It’s normal. I was home 6 years raising a baby. Nothing of my own. It’s a rough life. I suffered severe depression.
It’s time to get a sitter. Even for a few hours during the day on his day off and do something.

5 years together with a kid? Maybe you just need to both chill out a bit and spend time together, over analysing every detail is only gonna make you feel horrid,
Maybe hes suffering from mild depression? Just try be honest and upfront with eachother without blame or judgement

Grab a sitter, you need a date. Being a SAHM is a lonely gig. (I did it for 10 years!) Hes likely tired, and needs to unwind after a long day of work.

1 Like

Gurl, it’s right in front of you. He has someone else in his life. A person can be busy, one day, one week not forever Amen! There are other men who work too but they find time for their families. You think he doesn’t know that he’s not spending time with you? Get a life dear. Don’t keep your eyes wide shut.

4 Likes

Get a job and leave the baby the8 nursery or get a baby sitter. Some of these husband just don’t give the stay home wives and mothers the love and respect they should get.

Thats where u went wrong stay home it have baby sitters lookin for work dear get a job help yourself go out make friends he does a lot of overtime :grin::grinning:

Make it interesting, change shit. Get a babysitter and go rondavoo somewhere. Get dressed up and do something sweet for him. Girl lve been married 38 years we always fall in love over and over again.

1 Like

You cant expect your husband to be your only friend. Even being a mom you need to be your own person with your own group of friends and hobbies. You also need to tell him you want to sit down and talk, communicate exactly what you just said with him and tell him exactly what you want and need. But also understand that he is exhausted from working every day just to make sure there is a roof over yalls head and it may be causing him some stress, maybe work on intimacy as well

First and foremost I would love to hear you are taking care of you first. Join a moms group in your area so you can connect with other stay at home moms. Finding some other women in your situation could do so much for you at this point. Perhaps plan a date night with hubby and get a sitter. Even just a few hours of one on one time could do so much for your relationship. You are strong momma!

9 Likes

You need to take care of you so you feel full first. Neither of you can give from an empty vessel. Start making adult interaction a priority for you. I’m sure it will also help your marriage.

2 Likes

Can family watch the little one possibly? If not get him settled down early bath and all before dad gets home and plan a movie night or sit outside together for a while cook him a nice dinner never give up!

4 Likes

Call your friends! If you dont have any, reconnect with your old friends.
Dont rely on him totally.

2 Likes

Join a mom group and make some friends- set up play dates. Its good for you and your little to socialize with other stay home moms and their kids. Then re address the situation with your husband

4 Likes

Maybe he need help economic $, you can have part time job and see what happen

6 Likes

I think this is every sahm. I get this way sometimes and my hubby works so hard for our family and I miss him a lot. But we finally got my family to take our 5 kiddos for the weekend and it’s just like old times. It is hard to connect when your to busy with the kiddos and not thi king about yourself. Your a wonderful momma but get some you and him time somehow. A nice meal cooked for him and do a date night at the house. If you can have your kiddo go somewhere for a night that helps a lot. If not then like someone else said have him go to bed early. It sounds like you are both just worn plum out. Don’t give up! You got this.

5 Likes

I feel, that he is not being fair! He’s not respecting what you do all day taking care of his child also! He’s not treating you like what you do is a job! You’re the only one that can change that! Be strong, and you need to say what you need to say! Don’t hold back to protect him for any reason! Two mature adults can work things out! But if one is not mature enough and not trying, it might Take outside help! I wish you luck! And by the way good for you taking care of you baby! I’m sure you’re a strong beautiful young woman. Stay that way! And everything will be fine. God bless!

1 Like

Start hiking with your kid and maybe get a dog. It’ll help with the loneliness and give you something do.

5 Likes

I too would like advice on this as well. Currently going through this exact same thing

2 Likes

Idk why I always think this. But usually when stuff gradually changes like that, he might have found someone else to take interest talking to

8 Likes

The Love Dare, watch Fireproof movie. Join the fireproof your marriage FB group. Join a moms playgroup, bible study.

5 Likes

The best thing I ever did was find some girlfriends!! I joined a MOPS group close to me and found some amazing women in my neighborhood with kids similar in age. I was just like you. When I finally branched put it really changed my life AND my marriage life. I was no longer dependent on my hubby for “adult conversation” I’m also now tired by the end of the days with running my kids around on play dates. It’s just as important for your babies as it is for you to get out and have some mom time with girlfriends who are just like you!! Good luck! :heartpulse:

5 Likes

I say recruit a family member to watch your child(ren) and get an airbnb for a weekend and spend that weekend reconnecting with each other.

You 2 need alone time!

I understand how you feel, I am also a SAHM. My soon to be husband, has had his rough days too. We’ve had our rough patches, and had to really work through it together.

When he gets super tired and comes home. He only gets about 2 hours to be home and wind down. Then sleep he goes. During that time it’s hard to squeeze in time for him to play with our toddler, help clean, relax, and talk with me.

It’s come to a point where, where he could have free time, I forget about the laundry that needs to be put away, or the toys that are everywhere. I hold it off for a bit, and I put our todddler to bed. And I use that time I have to be intimate…to truly be with my partner and reconnect. It’s such a small amount of time, but it’s so helpful.

Part of it during the day, as I have fely lonely. I picked up some hobbies. I do a lot of crafting, usually when my kid is sleeping. I’ve reconnected with old friends, just a phone call or a few texts.

Sometimes I have to be very straightforward. Like at dinner the other day. Fixed the food. Got the toddler his food. My partner was already sitting down and eating. I didn’t mind. Except he was on his phone. I sat down, ate. He was still on it. I looked at him, and said,“Hey hon, could you put your phone away. It’s bothering me, and I would enjoy if we could talk.” He said, “I’m sorry”, and put it away. Even though the talk started off awkward, and we didn’t know where to start. It started, and we had some family time.

Plus to have alone time. We have asked my mom or my sister to watch our son, just so we can go for small drives, get a drink or share some food. It’s helped a lot.

1 Like

He needs to unwind when he gets home
… for u you are wanting a conversation and attention all he wants to do after work is relax awhile it dont mean hes lost interest it just means that hes working hard to provide for his family… communication is key in any marriage

3 Likes

My advice is once your 4 year old goes to school, get a job and go back to work! Even if it’s just part time! Get some adult interactions! Make some work friends!

5 Likes

A night out with the girls always helps

1 Like

Get away on a weekend trip somewhere fun. He’s probably sick of work and being tired 24/7

When he gets home, time for you to go out…
You definitely need to do something for yourself…
Try to find playgroups, it’s a nice way to interact with other moms

Must be nice to just come home from work and unwind or go straight to sleep :thinking: as if there’s a check out time for SAHMs. Must be nice to have lunch and go to the toilet in peace and not have someone consistently clung to your body while you try to get things done :thinking: what are the defined working hours of a SAHM and is there a labour office where you can report colleagues who mentally and physically drain you :thinking::thinking:

4 Likes

If you don’t want him, many would. Find a part time job and get out, sounds like you need to lighten his load then you could find time for date nght

2 Likes

I get he should make effort with you and time but that being said it’s not really fair to put your entire loneliness on to him. He has to do what he has to do too. He could be exhausted, depressed, stressed out and needs that unwind time. You need work or friends, join a toddler mother group or something. Get the communication and interaction you crave and then try work on date nights.
Personally aswell as someone who can come home from a stressful busy day 7 times out of 10 I don’t want to talk about work. If anyone asks me all you’ll probably get is fine unless something monumental happened. Try not take it personally.

2 Likes

Start date nights on his days off or movies nights, games. It’s not easy being alone with your kids 24/7 With not much human interaction. Been doing it for almost 5 years I have my good days and lonely days.

Find some adult interaction- appropriately, of course- outside of your marriage and home life. A friend, a mom group… something… I’ve always worked a full time job as well as juggled most of the kids stuff by myself… we have 5 kids between us and I’m pregnant with #6. When COVID hit, I was laid off for almost 3 months and when I was supposed to go back my babysitter still wasn’t comfortable taking the kids back so I’m still off and it’s the first time I’ve spent so much time with them since I birthed the first one. When I worked though, we both work second shift, I was that way. I came home exhausted from overgrown babysitting all night, trying to get kids back in bed at midnight, get something rounded up for the two of us to eat before showering and straight to bed because even though our work days began at 2PM, our days started at 9AM. He however, always wanted to talk about everything… and if I’m stressed, I shut down. I always tried to shut him out and just go to bed or whatever. It took a big toll on our relationship. When I started staying home, he would come home and resent me for being home- with 3-5 children- and not having cooked or fully cleaned the house or whatever, and he would go on and do his own thing. It eventually got to me and I tried to bring it up, and ended up just picking a fight that solved nothing. It wasn’t solved until I sat and calmly voiced my concerns. He admitted he liked to come home, have a beer and eat, and casually talk about the day, when I admitted that as soon as he hit the door I wanted to unload my entire day into his lap and run to the shower to hide. We finally got lined back out, but healthy communication is key.

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I’m a stay at home with five kids ranging from 5 to 4 months old, I get stressed out cuz my kids don’t want to listen I have to repeat myself a thousand times to them, I clean my house, cook and take care of the kids. We just moved to Indiana and I have no one down here. My fiance works from 730 am till supposed to be 630pm but lately it’s been bout 10-11 when he finally gets out. I get irritated when my fiance comes home and says he is gonna lay and watch TV but goes to sleep. We never had this issue till he got this good job. I express to him all the time that I need out away from kids.

Time for him to get back to reality, he has a kid and made a family. If he just wants a job and no responsibilities when he gets home, then maybe he needs to leave…
There’s more than just bringing in the money to make a family work… And a wife needs communication and attention or there’s no point in being one…
Stop waiting for him to realise what he’s got…

3 Likes

He still owes you a certain amount of respect

1 Like

Make a point to go on a date each week.

My husband and I have this battle too. No good answer but know your not alone

Become a little more independent by making friends with other moms and try to find part-time work when your son is in school. This will make your life more interesting to you and to your husband.

My fiancé works a 8-5 job plus a job from about 730-6am in the morning. 5 days a week. It’s really hard I understand. We have more conversations over the phone then in person 99.9% of the time. I’m always being told how lucky I am to have a hard working man and I know that. (I’ve also been the woman with a man that never kept a job/didn’t want to work) I feel selfish a lot and we have an 8 year old and 4 year old. I’ve had to teach myself to be okay with not seeing him all the time and to not feel bad about making plans with our kids. I never wanted to make him feel “left out” of our children’s lives but he tells me everything he does is so one of us can do everything we can for and with our children. He is off weekends most of the time and he always plans things for our family to do. Rather it be movie night or a road trip. If you ever need to talk my inbox is open. I still struggle with this a lot but I’ve come to find that he struggles being away from just as much.

Tell him how you feel and ask him out on a date see how that goes

My lady if all u said about your husband is true then fill that one little space for now with the phone, that time u will able to so much talking.

I wonder if he’s depressed. Maybe he needs to be put on a medication… i know they help me! But for you, I would recommend getting out with your child and going on walks and saying hi to people. Fresh air and exercise is key to feeling more positive. It clears your mind. I hope he’s not cheating on you with someone from his work. Does he interact with the child at all? If not, he’s definitely depressed! Praying for you!

20 Likes

Definitely get a babysitter have date nights. They are essential to couples.

Also having your own identity that is not dependent on your husband or you child also equally essential.

Having time away for your interests, his interests, your child having time with a new face all good.

Then when you come together as a family your are complete within yourselves, and in each other.

I have been here. Sending hugs your way. Hope this makes sense!

13 Likes

I am so sorry for that. I see you. I understand you. I was you 8 months ago. Until I started a part time job. Now I am thriving and have other center of interests instead of depending solely on my husband for interaction.

65 Likes

So my husband and I take our children to their grandparents for several days at a time. We dont do anything special in those days. Something about just being alone with your partner is good. Commit to making some time to “just be” together alone. It seems too simple…it is…just that simple. Good luck!

5 Likes

Get a super part time job, it’ll get ya out of the house. Get away for a night. If you have someone to keep the child over night, do it. You need to take time out for yourselves. It’s not going to hurt the child, but hopefully better reconnect you. Don’t push him, you might end up pushing him out. Being tired after work, yeah it happens (I’m exhausted afterwards) but should still communicate. Men are blind, they don’t get it most the time anyway. Spice up the relationship.

12 Likes

You are also working full time and are tired. It makes me sad how little we value the work that goes into full-time parenting. Often the parent that isn’t with the child alone all day doesn’t understand the drain, emotionally and physically and the deficits in adult interaction. It sounds like you’ve tried to hint at it, but it may require a face to face sit down where you lay out your feelings and needs. Then he can lay out his feelings and needs and you can find a way to help each other be more comfortable in the relationship. Communication is almost always the answer. It’s okay to express when you are not getting what you need. It’s okay to share your feelings. It seems scary, but it’s necessary.

43 Likes

You’re on target. He’s with adults all day, your not. Set an atmosphere for you and him. Sit at table to eat. Find play groups to attend. You get adult interaction, kids find playmates. Pray. Date nights too.

2 Likes

Oh and while I agree you need adult stimulation will people please stop saying to get a job…She has a job a STAY AT HOME MOTHER IS THE HARDEST JOB!!!

31 Likes

This is so normal… but it’s lonely and it hurts. Tell him you’re planning a date night… or just surprise him! Hire a babysitter and knock his socks off. While you are enjoying time together & enjoying each other’s company you say, don’t you miss this?! Remind him that marriages have to be cultivated. You have to tend them, set time aside for them. It’s so important to date your spouse! After 20 years, we still have those times and now I just look at my husband and say I need a date! I need romance and attention!

9 Likes

This is why I hated staying home with my children. I went back to work full time and haven’t looked back. But I’m working from home and I’m literally going nuts being home 24-7… All because of this covid19… I am thinking about looking for a 2nd job just get out.

4 Likes

First of all a four year old is not a toddler anymore. Secondly, you cannot depend on your husband to make you happy. Do something you like. Get a job, go to school, do something that makes you happy. Thirdly, COMMUNICATE with your husband. It’s necessary

14 Likes

Get out with friends, have play dates with other mom’s and their kids, work on hobbies, hopefully your husband realizes what he’s missing, but you’ll be happier with adult conversation even if it’s not his,

2 Likes

When I was a stay-at-home mom, I found a group of other SAHMs and we had play dates and that gave me the adult time I needed. We also had a mom’s night out once a month so we could go out without the kids. Don’t rely on him to be the only adult you can talk to.

21 Likes

Unfortunately, the door to communication is shut. Try to inch it inward a little at a time. Do you make supper nightly?
Try conversation then…get a babysitter for an evening…one on one conversation with no distractions. Surprise him.

2 Likes

I think every couple has gone through this at one time or another. Your child should be ready for kindergarten soon. Find a group of women that get together and book club, or volunteer, So you have some interactions with adults. suggest counseling.You can really only change you. If he wants to change he will need to do something. Good luck. you do not have to live your life like this. Prayers

16 Likes

Maybe, you can get a babysitter, and have a date night when he is off. One day have a family outing, going to the zoo, having a picnic. Its hard. Leave him little notes. You may have to have a sit down with him and talk about everything going on. It won’t get better until you both talk to each and hear what each other is saying. Sending hugs your way. And pray.

2 Likes

Hire a babysitter go out with your friends. Join a book club. Volunteer on some nonprofit organizations to get adult interaction. He will come around.

2 Likes

Look I have been a stay at home mom and a working Mom and those 20 minutes of alone time after work gave me the strength I needed to continue on when I was already burnt out.

Try giving him that space when he comes home and see if things get better.

2 Likes

Sometimes, we just need to decompress from the day. Sit and zone out for a bit. The longer the hours, the worse it is…and then, if he needs to make any decisions like dinner or other chores…or frustration if those things are not done…simply adds to it.

That said, he probably doesnt respond about his day because he may feel you would not understand.

3 Likes

I think marriages go through times like this. My husband has a stressful job and I’ve been a stay at home mom for 22 years. One thing we do is walk together in the morning and talk. We treasure our time together at the beginning of the day. At the end of the day, he wants to eat and read his book.

2 Likes

You cannot depend on your husband for all of your emotional or physical support. You need to reach out to others, get involved in a project, or reach out with kindness to someone else. I have been married 60 years, and have learned that lesson.

9 Likes

Also, take your child to the park, the pool, the YMCA, the library, the river, etc. If you aren’t doing anything, you might not be that interesting in conversation to your hubby. Take up a hobby, too. Be someone who is more interesting to visit with. Also, do things for your husband. Greet him with enthusiasm, cook great meals for him, offer back or foot rubs, go on a date every other week, or more!!! Ask him how you can be a better wife. That might be a great conversation starter, ask what you can do for him. I’m sure you’re a GREAT wife. But that is a great way to let him know you care.

6 Likes

Whenever my husband and I feel we’ve lost connection we plan a date night. 18 years now. Always ups and downs but we know when it’s time to reconnect and and we make it happen! Marriage is work. You can do it!

Answer the door in a bathrobe with just you birthday suit and then ask him how his day went!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I see a lot of other’s that are suggesting for you to get a job and yes that would help with the whole no adult interaction thing, but you also need to fix what is going on with you and your husband because if you don’t it can lead to a failed marriage. It’s very important that you put the issues you and your husband are going through first. It sounds like you definitely need to sit down with him and open up to him about how you are feeling if you haven’t already. Make sure he also knows that you understand he is tired after getting off of work and how much you appreciate him providing for his family and everything he does for ya’ll. The two of you need to come up with some sort of plan where he can come home and sleep for a few hours after work then gets up to spend time with you. Tell him you miss your talks and hanging out with him. Let him know you want to hear all about his day at work. Have someone watch your kid/kids so the two of you can have date nights sometimes. Date nights are very important to keep the marriage alive. As for the no adult interaction thing as other’s have said maybe it’s time to think about getting a job. It does help trust me I was a stay at home mom for 4 years then I started working and the adult interaction definitely helped. I’m now a stay at home mom again trying to finish my schooling so I can get a better job and create a better future for my family however it is hard I’m not gonna lie.

3 Likes

I don’t know much… never met you guys… but as a hard working man too… I gotta say… something is up… don’t know “why or who” but this is not an “all systems normal” situation. Counseling???

3 Likes

My man works crazy hours a lot of the time in the weather and always makes time for me! We have 4 kids and abt 100 animals…dog…ducks…chickens…2 pigs…we ALWAYS figure things out…maybe your man is depressed? Even if we both get super busy then we plan something in the near future like a daytrip to regroup…we do alot of out doors type stuff…even if its just hanging out together…you could also probably find better ways to get thru your day…my kids are always involved in everything i did…i stayed home with them all…my youngest is 3. You 2 need to recenter and make some goals together!

2 Likes

I know how you feel girl! Me and my “husband” have been together 12 years! And he is also a great loyal hard working guy we have a 4 month old and he was helping alot in the beginning but has stopped still spends alittle time with her here and there but really im the one feeling neglected! We had this problem even before we had a baby though! All i can say is hang in there try it happens to everyone excepesially when they have a good hardworking guy! Try making some mom friends and try to just get him to take atleast Sundays off and maybe half a day Saturday to spend time with you! But really I understand cause my husband is a business owner and if he even takes Sunday off he spends the whole day sleeping watching TV lol! Im sorry i feel ya relationships are rough and take work from both people! Best advice is make some mom friends and start working when baby starts school!

1 Like

Find other mom friends to interact with and make time to squeeze in something you enjoy. Be an advocate for yourself and your emotional/spiritual/physical/mental well-being.

1 Like

It is hard to keep connected after a full day of work
He does need to try to keep communicating with you
And yes stay at home mom is one of the hardest and most important jobs these days
The child needs that structure

1 Like

I second that he may be feeling down as well. Take some time away from the babies hang out with your spouse. Initiate conversation about his favorite hobbies other than work too. He’ll be more inclined to open up. Hang in there !!

1 Like

I was a stay at home mom for 10 yrs to my four children. If is very lonely. I often felt like he had a whole other existence and j didn’t fit. I often described it to him as prison. The same 4 walls day after day with little adult interaction. My kids are a teens now. I’m so happy we stick it out. Now I’m back to work. We get to go out if we want w/o hassle. I know it’s hard but if u can just make it a few years, the reward is amazing. We have found each other again. Almost like falling in love all over again. And hey, if u need a friend, high me up! I’m a little funny so maybe I can make j laugh sometimes! Good luck momma

7 Likes

Your spouse cannot meet all of your needs, especially social interactions. Through the ages women have shared a community, but with modern technology, we’r no longer gather to sew, wash, can food, etc… let him know you enjoy his company and would like some one on one time, but also find a social activity for yourself.

1 Like

These are the most thoughtful sweet comments so nice to see this with everything so negative lately. I’ve been married for 20 years and you have to constantly give your marriage attention. God bless y’all

1 Like

Try getting out of the house by yourself. It seems like you might be depending on him to fill up your need for adult time. He can’t fulfill your needs. If you fill up your own tank, you can then enjoy time with him but not “need” it.
Is it your choice to stay home? Maybe get a job and expand your friendships.
Talk to him about your feelings and see what you both agree is the best avenue to work on it.

1 Like

We make it a priority to have time once a week. I am a stay at home mom to 3. He works graveyard. So on Tues nights when he doesnt work we either go out to dinner or watch a movie at home. But it’s our night

1 Like

It’s hard being a SAHM. Maybe make plans and tell your husband after work he can have him time, but on the weekends you need a date night out of the house even if you take your child with you. It gets easier once school starts, you’ll have time to get out of the house get a simple job or even just join a group. I get both sides because I’ve been a SAHM and also a working mom, and after work me and my husband would both just hang out in different rooms, he was actually the one wanting me to spend time with him. Plan a weekly or even bi weekly activity away from the house so you can talk together

1 Like

Have you always just stayed home all day?
Or just since covid happened.
A stay at home mom shouldn’t actually be staying at home all the time
Especially with only one child.
Get out with your child
Explore the world around you, nature walks and trips to the park,
If he is your only adult interaction it’s not good for you

1 Like

Time

I always did quiet dinners after the kids went to bed

A little wine soft music

It was our cheap date night

2 Likes

Find others to chat with. Go to the park. Lots of parents there who will understand you. Then youll have something new to talk with hubby about!

2 Likes

You need friends. This all is hard now particularly because of isolating during Covid.

2 Likes

I’m not married;but,may I suggest connecting w other at home Mom’s & find a hobby that peaks your interest,plan a date night & get a babysitter. There’s a great sermon from Dr.Myles Monore about teguarding marriage yet being single not losing yourself as a individual althought you’re married.

I’ve been with my husband 18 years, I’ve been a stay at home mom for 7 years. You have to have something outside of the home. A mommy and me group, a weekly play date something for yourself. Also set up a weekly or biweekly date night. Just you and your husband. If you can’t afford to go out put the kids to bed, cook or order in and watch a movie or just chat. Buy new sexy underwear I’m willing to be money he won’t be tired anymore. Good luck!

1 Like

Find a mommy and me group. The library. Anything. Don’t stay home all day. Be outside all day everyday

1 Like

I get the frustration. If you can, schedule someone to watch your child for 1 night a week and have a date night! Date nights are so important in a marriage with children. You don’t have to do anything fancy or expensive.

Girl I know how you feel me and my husband took in 4 grandkids and I stay home with them 24/7 and he runs our business and when he comes home its the same way and we are so use to doing our own thing and now he got to where he was doing the same thing and I got him to stop one night sat down and talked about how I feel and we agreed to do a dinner date or something even if its right in the back yard with the kids in bed early one night and yes I know I will be up super rarly the next day but so worth it. I am the same way we moved to a place we have no friends or family to help with kids so its hard but just make time and let him know how important it ia to you. Good luck

Take the five languages of love test. This was my first husband and I. We were on two different love languages and eventually divorced. Had we taken the test we might have stayed together

Sorry to suggest this and im sorry if i hurt your feelings, but is he having an affair? Is he really at work all this time. His reaction to you is not fair and very hurtful, he seems more like a lodger than a husband. You need time to sit together and talk about your feelings.

Maybe he is feeling stressed. He is the bread winner. Maybe you could get a job and help out financially. That way it would take the stress off of him and it would give you some human interaction. And then you can meet in the middle and miss each other and finally have what you need from him.

Ik the feeling been through this with my husband a lot in our 11 years of marriage. I am also a sahm to our 4 children. Kind of going through that now I feel like my husband makes time for everyone else except me.

Go find your self again, get daycare , a job and make some friends. Know your worth! He fall in love with you all over again

I suggest setting up a time each week, day, or every other day that you guys can sit and talk.
I went through this with my husband when my kids were little and I stayed home.
It can be so challenging. I also found things to do that made it so I was interacting with other adults. During this time, it’s difficult. Maybe find some friends or family you can zoom with?