I feel guilty for not taking my daughter on my birthday vacation

Go enjoy your time and bring her back a little trinkets

Let that guilt go girl!

No u enjoy yr break away

Go and enjoy your trip!!! She’s with her dad and she’s fine! It’s good to get away by yourself once in a while.

Enjoy yourself ! :pray::heart:

I would feel guilty too. I feel so much mom guilt if my kid doesn’t experience or get everything I do… but I don’t have as much help. If you and father are 50/50 and he ask you not to, as long as she will safe and taken care of then have fun! You’ll have plenty of chances to take her as she gets older. She won’t be able to do too much being so small anyway. Have a little fun and be care free without worrying about or being concerned and on top of your baby. Just relax a little. It’s all good!!

1 Like

Pleaseeeee enjoy it!!!

I’m sure you don’t want to have kiddie fun for your birthday. Go on and enjoy yourself she will be fine. Happy early birthday.

Enjoy you little birthday vacation & have a good time

GO ENJOY YOURSELF! There will be other times you can take her. Mom needs some relax time. I WISH I could get away by myself for a day or just a could hours haha. Enjoy it and let the guilt go

lol fuck no. enjoy ur kid free time

Yea right. You are NOT selfish. Me and my fiance went on a week long vacation without my 5 year old or 1 year old. Why? Cause I didnt pay a bunch of money to haul around 2 kids who do nothing but whine and complain and just want us to buy them stuff and blah blah…And im not sorry either. I enjoyed my vacation and I was actually able to relax and have fun after being around them and putting someone else’s needs first 24/7 365. I put me and my fiance first for once and we were able to enjoy ourselves. The kids will have plenty of other times that they can go. That one was for me!

3 Likes

I would of taken my daughter but if you needed alone time then do what you gotta do I guess. You can take her another time.

Enjoy yourself! Absolutely nothing wrong with wanting time by yourself

I feel this way, my birthday is next week and I was telling my fiancé I wanted to go to an Amusement park but I’d feel bad if we just did us two because I feel like excluding our daughter and he told me parents need to have fun too sometimes, it’s okay to have mommy time especially cuz your daughter is with her dad

1 Like

Her birthday is meant for HER. YOUR birthday is meant for YOU! Enjoy your time mama

1 Like

No! We are all guilty of mom guilt but you also deserve YOU time! :heart: enjoy & make it up to her by doing something special when u get back

Don’t feel guilty. U need your alone time to just do you. Go for it and enjoy

This grandma of 66 says you are not being selfish at all. Have a happy birthday and you and daughter have birthday cake when u return

2 Likes

No I don’t think that you are being mean at all when you get back or before you go and when you do have her you can either ask her what special meal would she like to share with you that the two of you can cook together or go out and eat at a special restaurant together her choice to celebrate I don’t think 5 year olds really remembers birthdays to much Hun but you can still make it special with her

Mum guilt gets us all the time, but us mums do need time to ourselves as well, refreshes us and makes us feel happier, you could always have an extra birthday when you get back and do something with you daughter too :grinning:

It is YOUR birthday and a healthy relaxed mom will benefit her too!!! Enjoy your well deserved time to re-fuel that momma tank❤️

Safety Concerns? What are you planning on doing

5 Likes

Young one - All Mommas need time out every once in a while. Don’t feel guilty at all. Besides you gotta be you - sometimes it’s better that the lil’ ones don’t see that​:yum::wink:-

1 Like

You are NOT selfish. Go and have a good time!

Take the trip, respect dads wishes, enjoy yourself and plan a getaway in the future that you both will enjoy together!! I completely understand the mom guilt, but you deserve to relax and just decompress. Every single human needs that! :heart: happy Birthday

1 Like

Sometimes you need me time …to reconnect with yourself…nothing wrong at all :heart:

1 Like

Not selfish at all… but I don’t understand safety concerns?? Does Dad take her on vacation, does she ever get to go on vacation? Why wouldn’t she be safe with Mom?

4 Likes

Everybody needs time to their self every once in awhile not feel guilty

Even moms deserve a break, don’t feel guilty for taking some time for yourself there’s nothing wrong with doing something for yourself. Have a nice trip and enjoy your birthday :tada:

2 Likes

You shouldn’t feel guilty. Sounds like you were both smart parents. Especially if you’re going to be drinking at all it’s better leave her home with him.

No go enjoy your time

Use the time for yourself. You have to take care of yourself to take care of your daughter.

I take my son to the beach all the time. He’s 6
And has gone since he was a baby. Something could happen right at home too. How can he say you can’t take her to the beach? Its comments like this make me glad I have 100% full custody of my son.

1 Like

5 kids here wish i had the opportunity to do anything alone. Not being selfish at all. Parenting is hard work and you need that time for yourself. Go enjoy your mini vacay you deserve it.

3 Likes

What safety concerns?

1 Like

If you & dad are in agreement, that’s fine. It’s great to see 2 parents putting the child first.

2 Likes

We as moms still need to be WOMEN! Show your daughter that self love is major key to your own happiness! Don’t feel guilty mama! Or I should say, I don’t believe you should. I think you deserve to have your own time. You’re a mother but you’re also a woman. We gotta show our kids that self love!

5 Likes

Not selfish at all. Enjoy your bday and the beach

Something like going to the beach, unless you’re going with a bunch of friends and going to be drinking I feel like it’s not really that fun by yourself. 2 years ago for my husband and i’s anniversary we decided to go camping and we camped by this beautiful Creek that had the most beautiful rocks in it of all colors. One day when we went down to the creek, I really missed our daughter. She was about the same age at four and a half. I stood by the creek and I imagined her jumping and playing in the creek and picking out rocks with me. We stayed by the creek for about an hour and the entire hour I picked out like 30 rocks to take home to her. The whole time I’m talking about her and thinking about her when I was supposed to be spending time with my husband and enjoying the creek with my. All I’m saying is if you’re doing something that you usually wouldn’t do with your child it’s a lot easier to focus on yourself but when you’re doing something that your child would love doing with you it’s really hard not to think about them and miss them and wish they were there with you.

2 Likes

Go girl you deserve it take her to the park before or make cookies it’ll be just as exciting for kids that age it really is the little things

1 Like

The fact that you have guilt about not taking her says a lot about you as a good mom in general. This screams you need some alone time mama. Take it and have fun❤

5 Likes

Nope! Go and enjoy some time to yourself! I always find I’m a much better parent if I manage to get some ‘me’ time

Just because you’re a mother doesn’t mean you aren’t still a human. You deserve alone time and self love. Treat yourself.

I’m taking a birthday vacation next month and my boys (4&7) are staying with grandma. Don’t feel guilty, sometimes we need adult time

Self care is important

As a mom of 5 I would love for a trip to the beach alone to be able to just sit and listen to the waves

1 Like

Completely not selfish!!!

1 Like

Go by yourself and enjoy your time.

2 Likes

You are not selfish. You deserve time alone.

I would so go alone and take some me time. You deserve it.

It’s one vacation you need some time alone too

1 Like

You are not selfish. Moms need breaks too. Go on your trip and have fun!

We moms need time to take a deep breath. We all suffer mom guilt. Just think how much better you will feel when you get back. Which in turn will rub off positively to your daughter. So it is a win for her in the end cuz mommy had some down time.

4 Likes

Nah momma, go enjoy your birthday!

2 Likes

Self care is NOT selfish and it doesn’t mean you don’t love your child! Go! Enjoy the time alone! You deserve it! Dump the mom guilt! Trust me, I used to suffer from this a lot, and I regret not taking the time and chances I had to go and do and take better care of myself. You can always plan a little trip for you and your daughter later on. For now, take the time you need to rest and then come back to a fresh start more relaxed and mentally prepared. You’ll thank yourself later!

2 Likes

You need to do things to take care of yourself. I’m a bit concerned that he has “safety concerns” about a beach trip; it seems irrational and overprotective. But you shouldn’t feel guilty for taking care of yourself. Our culture only inflicts this guilt on women, and it’s wrong. Plus, 5.5 hours each way for such a short trip is a lot for a 5 year old.

My husband and I try to get away four times a year. Once during each season. We do not take our 6-year-old or our teenagers. Self care is important and as much as you love your child you need adult time.

Let’s make self care a thing.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t feel guilty about going and doing fun things without your child. We mothers need and deserve time to ourselves. Bring the little some cool souvenirs and tell her she can come next time. Or if you want you can just tell her you have a boring business trip and skip telling her about a “fun place” at all. Either way you shouldn’t feel guilty because we all need time to ourselves

1 Like

Don’t you dare feel guilty for one second!!!

3 Likes

Take a mom weekend and go by yourself :slight_smile: I know it’s hard to go on vacation by yourself but we do need a break away from the stress of daily life and even family life sometimes.
Maybe dad can do something fun with her that weekend or something so she doesn’t feel bad about not being able to go if she does feel bad.

1 Like

Go and have fun girl! Do not feel guilty! Mama’s deserve some time alone!

2 Likes

Enjoy yourself!! Your daughter is taken care of, so you most definitely deserve that time to yourself :heart: I understand the mom guilt, but you deserve alone time

All Mumma’s needs a break sometimes, go on your vacation and have a well earned break.

Puerto Penasco?

Go. Have fun and be safe. you deserve it. Bring her a cute necklace or bracelet.

I went on my first adult vacation in 2018 to Disney world with my hubby and his brother and missed my 3 kids so much but I knew they would call me every night and could call me anytime during the day. It was my first time being away from them for more then a work day. And then this Sept I’m taking another adult only vacation with my hubby, brother in law and mother in law back to Disney world and my kids will be 16, 12 and 9.
They where 13, 8 and almost 6 when I did my first adult only vacation.

That’s a control thing with her dad. Go and take her and if don’t like it tell him to take you to court over it. My birthday is tomorrow and I want my kids with me tomorrow night. It’s dad’s weekend but they will be with me for my birthday. And if he don’t like it, then he can take me back to court. Does he not let you take your child to the grocery store? Because things happen there too? Things happen just while walking or eating.

Go alone! :heart::partying_face:
You need to know you.

1 Like

You go girl! Everyone deserves time to themselves. It helps to decompress, take care of yourself. You’ll be an even better mom when you get back.

I took my daughter on every outing. Looking back on it, there are times I wish it was just my husband and I. Go & have fun or relax. Have fun sitting on the beach. Next time take her, it’s not like she won’t be doing stuff with dad.

Self care is more important. I do something once a month alone. No husband, no kids, no one to bother me. I enjoy the quiet.

I couldn’t go on vacation without my son, he would never understand and I would feel guilty for leaving him so wouldn’t have a good time, has your child ever been to the beach? If you don’t have a problem doing it then go

1 Like

No. Go and enjoy it alone. There will be another time to take your girl

Go check it out on your own and check out spots you can take your daughter to next time!

3 Likes

Getting our on your own is good for you. Do it. Don’t feel bad about it.

No! Not even a little. Go and enjoy yourself, go and be alone and do whatever you want. It’s ok. You do not have to feel guilty I promise.

And besides, if it’s cold and rainy as you just said, she just gonna get sick sitting on the beach anyway :unamused:.

I know all to well how hard it is to leave your children to do something for yourself. It took me years to buy my lunch or treat myself without feeling guilty. I sometimes still have trouble spoiling myself. But sometimes you have to be selfish and go enjoy yourself alone and in peace.
You will both benefit from it and you can always take her away with you next time x

There’s nothing wrong with taking a break. You’re lucky to have her dad to take her for you. It’s still your choice. If you’re not taking her because he’s telling you not to & his reasoning isn’t legit then don’t let him control you. I mean what safety concerns? Is he saying you’re not capable of watching your own child on vacation? Youre feeling guilty for a reason.

I always take my children everywhere with me. I surely wouldn’t let the dad dictate what you do with the child.
My self care is pedicures.

2 Likes

You deserve time for yourself also

1 Like

This is just your anxiety talking. Go, be by yourself and disengage from your daily life. Sit on the beach. Read a book, eat some great food.
Turn off your phone and just enjoy the moment. :purple_heart:

1 Like

It’s ok to take time to yourself momma you can take a trip to an amusement park or somewhere fun with your daughter another time. Enjoy your alone time on the beach!

1 Like

Mine told his Dad and I to take a trip by ourselves for some alone time. He is 10 but so mature for his age. He told me he wants to stay with his great aunt and take care of her.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t think there are any safety concerns going to the beach… But besides that no you shouldn’t feel guilty. You deserve a break

1 Like

If it’s 50/50 through the court and your weekend with her then he can’t tell you she can’t go as long as he knows where you are

2 Likes

Go yourself. Enjoy the time you are looking for.

1 Like

No it’s not selfish. Your daughter has a responsible parent that will be taking care of her needs. You will be taking care of your mental health needs and be able to continue parenting in a good way.

3 Likes

I always enjoy a break but I do worry about my child.
That’s just me. I don’t know how to relax anymore

Go and enjoy yourself. You can always take her on a special trip that she would enjoy.

Enjoy your time mama! There are many more beach trips you can plan with her in the future and it sounds like she will be fine with dad. Enjoy yourself :purple_heart:

Do it by yourself. You’ll come back refreshed. If you take her you won’t. We love our kids but alone time is so precious.

Ah mom guilt… honey take yourself and treat yourself, and bring her back something to show that you didn’t forget about or stopped thinking about her.

My husband and I went on a five day vacation. We didn’t take our kids. The guilt will go away. Enjoy alone time.

Enjoy time to yourself! You’ll both get over the separation. Its only 3 days. Tell her when shes older she can go. Plan a mom/daughter day either before or after your vacay… get mani/pedis, have lunch or dinner at a fancy place or go to movies. Shes only 5 she’ll be fine!

Enjoy yourself some ME TIME!
SHE WONT MIND

1 Like

No you aren’t
Us parents need unwind time too

2 Likes

blame it on the dad as the reason she can’t go lol

He’s being selfish. I take my six year old everywhere. He’s been to beach many times.

I’d say go and enjoy yourself but I think you should ask her what she wants

1 Like