I feel guilty for not taking my daughter on my birthday vacation

What is your 5 year old going to do at an adult bday!! Dad is right you prolly want a few drinks and to let your hair down lever her with dad

2 Likes

Guess Iā€™m the odd one out. Iā€™d definitely want to take my 5 year old with me if i was going to the beach. Ima single mom, I brought my baby when he was a baby to Costa Rica. And again, when my son was 4, and my daughter was 11 months old brought them both to Maui! They were very safe. So Iā€™m sure your daughter would be safe going with you to Arizonaā€¦ if you really wanna take her with youā€¦ Just sayin :slightly_smiling_face:
And if you want alone time, then leave her with him. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Everyone deserves a break once in a while.

3 Likes

Moms need time for self. No guilt. Enjoy.

2 Likes

No you are not being selfish ! You have to have time to yourself too! If you donā€™t take care of you first no one else will, you have to be good to you so you can be good for others you love! Stay safe and have fun!

1 Like

We all need time to ourselvesā€¦ Go have fun momā€¦

Enjoy yourself! Us parents are humans too & we need to do fun things for ourselves also! Plan another event for you & her! But take time to relax & enjoy life!

Iā€™m turning 30 in November and I plan on taking a trip, either with my bestie (her 30th is 10 days before mine) or by myself. I have a 2 and 4 (they will be 3&5 at the time of my birthday) they will be staying with family or their dad. Donā€™t feel bad at all. You arenā€™t just a mother. You are still an individual who needs individual time.

Itā€™s called self care. We need and deserve it.

1 Like

Home income solutions for beginners so they can start their careers online and earn over $ 15,000 a month online. I earned last month and I got $ 15,921 from this homework and all I have to do is do this work myself in my spare time. very easy such as copying and pasting. https://dollarbenefit52.surge.sh

1 Like

Follow your heart and try to help your daughter to understand what is best for her while you are away at the beach.

Youā€™re not selfish at all. When coparenting, you need to take their views into consideration too.
Iā€™m sure she will have a fab time with dad. Make sure you enjoy every moment :purple_heart:

All mom 's and dadā€™s need adult time, you deserve it donā€™t feel guilty. Bring her back something nice. Enjoy!!! <3

1 Like

No I think your ex is right for good safe . And you should make time for u by your self itā€™s good to get out there. Happy birthday too . Injoy your day hun . And if you feel bad I take her out after you time away .

No - it is only for a weekend not a month or so - just relax and enjoy yourself. Her Daddy will keep her occupied and happy to be with him.

You are absolutely not being selfish, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll still feel a little bit guilty but get over it lol you also deserve some time to yourself!

It is not selfish to have alone time.
But, I donā€™t understand the safety concerns. Kids go to the beach all the time. Thatā€™s the only part that confuses me.
But, enjoy yourself. Alone time is great. I always miss my kids when we go somewhere without them but I totally need the adult time sometimes. Even if we just go to dinner alone I feel guilty, but then I realize how nice it is to not have to worry about them while we are there.

1 Like

Selfcare and I think your ex is right and maybe he knows Mama needs time too. Stop beating yourself up you need some me time. Go enjoy! All moms deserve this!

1 Like

Take a break and have a good day enjoy yourself and your husband and when you get home sheā€™ll be happy to see you guys.

Donā€™t feel guilty. Itā€™s ok to have alone time. Enjoy and have :star_struck:

Mums/dads deserve ā€œmeā€ time too! Youā€™re not being selfish at all

You are very lucky that her dad is willing to keep her, take that time to rest and relax. If you carry a 5 year old , you certainly WONT get any R&R. Make the most of your time alone, you donā€™t know when that alone time will vote around again

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with me time but I donā€™t understand the safety concern comment?

3 Likes

No, self care. Good for you and enjoy it

Buy something special for your daughter, a souvenir, like a seashell collection.

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with wanting to have some time for yourself. When you are together you give her all your attention so this is your time. Have a Great Birthday and enjoy yourself. You deserve it. Have fun and enjoy the waves. Stay safe and you will be a better Mom for it. More relaxed and decompressed. So see you are doing it for her too. Lol :sweat_smile:

Your not being selfish. Itā€™s you time,everyone needs it.

Go have a great time. A five year old could care less. She will be with Dad! The 2 of you can do something special together the next weekend,

Sheā€™d be bored. Go renew yourself so you can be a more refreshed mom when you return.

5 Likes

Go alone and enjoy the peace and relaxation.

2 Likes

You deserve YOU time! Donā€™t feel guilty!

Not selfish at all in fact itā€™s very healthy and necessary to take care of ourselves. Canā€™t fill from an empty cup

Hell no go alone !!!
Itā€™s YOUR Birthday have a wonderful time xx

3 Likes

Motherā€™s need a break. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

You deserve the break. Enjoy your time away and bring her something back she will like. And maybe after you get back and are relaxed you two can do something she will enjoy.

2 Likes

No, take the break, soak up the sun and silence. Enjoy your time

1 Like

Not selfish. You need to take care of you so you can take care of your daughter. Do not feel guilty. Go and get the rest and relaxation you deserve :beach_umbrella:

3 Likes

take that trip relax have fun no stress no responsibilitiesā€¦ Iā€™m doing the same in June for a week with friends and I Canā€™t wait

1 Like

Im in AZ come pick me up. :wink: have fun!!

Sounds nice. There will be other times. Rest. Sheā€™s in good hands

i totally understand how you feel! i feel that way when doing something i know my 4 year old son would love. but itā€™s okay to take a little break!! you need to take care of yourself too!

1 Like

As moms we always feel bad for taking time for ourselves. Donā€™t feel bad, you deserve a break. Good moms take breaks, itā€™s how they stay good moms. :heartpulse:

Far out I take time to myself and damn I enjoy it.

Youā€™re not being selfish. Everybody needs me time to recharge and relax.

In that case
Leave her with her dad
Its only a few days
No your not being selfish

Why guilty? Sheā€™s with dad. 50/50 is a great arrangement. Youā€™ll have chances to go to the beach with your daughter many times in the future :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Happy birthday :tada:

Everyone deserves me time whether mom or dad. Glad you can co-parent like adults and she will have fun with dad too! Maybe one time he will want a break and you allow that too!

Taking some much needed time for yourself is not selfish!

2 Likes

Stop the self inflicted guilt trip, honey! You NEED some time off to sit, smell the sea air and watch the waves. When you return you will feel fine and have a refreshed and replenished Mom to give to your dear little girl. Stop beating yourself up!! <3 PS Happy Birthday!! <3

2 Likes

Enjoy it you deserve it she will be ok with her dad. I feel the same way even if I go somewhere and not take them

3 Likes

Enjoy your birthday, let her stay with dad. Not selfish at all

3 Likes

No you are not selfish.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think your selfish.happy birthday
.enjoy

2 Likes

I understand dad worry but life got keep moving on If u need time to ur self and agree w dad it not right or safe right now for child to go I would ask him keep her while u gone when u come bk just get tested first make sure u donā€™t got covid bc we mother sometimes need break is it selfish 100% but it good selfish bc when u take care ur self u be better take care of ur daughter and not like u canā€™t come bk get tested then plan mommy and daughter weekend when it ur time w her ā€¦

No not selfish, go enjoy alone time

2 Likes

Would you tell your daughter itā€™s selfish if she asked you this?

There will always be mom guilt girlfriend. But you also need time to your self. :heart:

4 Likes

Girl itā€™s ok to have ā€œme timeā€. Other bitches leave their kids home alone to go clubbing, booty call etc. All that tells me youā€™re a bad ass momma. :100: sheā€™s gonna be with her papi. Breath and relax. HAPPY BIRTHDAY :balloon::confetti_ball::gift::birthday:

Mama sometimes no matter how much we love our babies ,we need that alone time!Donā€™t feel guilty!You can take her another time go have fun and enjoy yourself !My husband and I went to Jamaica when our kids were in Elementry school had the time of our lives.Kids were a little upset but the next year we took all of them to the ocean for vacation !Youā€™re NOT being selfish Little mama!Why your X worried about your daughter going ?Itā€™s not like you would let anything happen to her !:roll_eyes:Have fun !:revolving_hearts:

1 Like

No youā€™re not being selfish. Time out for yourself is good. Enjoy ur trip

3 Likes

A happy mom is a great mom! She can go next time, enjoy that time that breathing room, you deserve it

2 Likes

Donā€™t feel guilty, you canā€™t live from an empty cup. She would probably get bored and you wouldnā€™t be able to do what you want to do ā€¦ Which is nothing. Let her have a good time with her dad and you do you!

2 Likes

Go alone and enjoy yourself.

Nope. You need this time. Too many moms donā€™t take time and will be in the physc ward in five years because they didnā€™t clearly take time for themselves . Dont ware yourself out before its too late , mamma . Trust me . Iā€™ve been through all of that plus more .

1 Like

Maybe Dad could plan to do something special with her.

Go momma , you deserve it by yourself :heart:

1 Like

Take her and Dad will have to get over himself ! Worry makes waste!!

1 Like

You do you boo boo, that baby has a dad thatā€™s taking care of her. If you really want to, celebrate with her when you get back. Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll be down for some cake lol

Enjoy yourself and let the dad have daddy daughter time :slightly_smiling_face:

Not selfish at all. Enjoy every minute of it.

2 Likes

Just make sure that she has a special birthday. It is not a sin to enjoy your own special time alone.

1 Like

Go to the beach, and enjoy your alone time :heart:

Go and enjoy!! :heart:
There will be more vacations

Donā€™t feel guilty. We all need alone time once in a while.

If you donā€™t take time for yourself,you wonā€™t be able to take care of family,GO and enjoy your alone time and bring her a present when you come home energetic and ready for another chapter in this thing we call life,enjoy

2 Likes

It is not selfish. Everyone needs alone time from time to time

You need some alone mom time we need breaks to go enjoy yourself she will be fine!!!

Girlā€¦ Go enjoy your short period of rest.

Sometimes momā€™s need that time away from the hectic place

You deserve a vacation, go and enjoy.

Everybody needs some time to recharge. Go and enjoy yourself. Your daughter will be ok. Take her a souvenir when you go home.

1 Like

Its not wrong to want a few days alone. with or without a SO. My SO and I have gone way for the weekend alone, with NO guilt what so ever. we all need it. Take it when and where you can.

You deserve some time off. Go and enjoy!

Take some time for yourself, you have plenty of time to take her when your feeling better! She probably wouldnā€™t even remember the trip!

Self care is not selfish. Go and enjoy yourself.

Self care is important for mommas. As long as she is in good hands itā€™s fine. If you take time for yourself once in a while, you will be a better, less stressed parent.

1 Like

You are not being selfishā€¦she needs to stay home with Dad especially with covid still around

Take your vacation! Itā€™s not selfish to want some time to yourself. Mothers are held at a different standard when it comes to time with the children but we deserve some time away too. Take that vacation and enjoy yourself, especially since you know your little one will be taken care of.

Time out just for you is very important and you are suffering whatā€™s known as " Mother Guilt " and we all get it at times so just relax and re charge and know that your daughter is in safe hands

eat cake :cake: and have a little tea party with her when you get back she will remember the tea party forever the trip is for you donā€™t feel guilty

Go on your mini weekend vacationā€¦ enjoy have fun and at the end of your trip buy your daughter a small vacation present. She will love it and you just thank the daddy for talking you in to giving you a weekend that you didnā€™t realize you needed :purple_heart:

Go for it. In a few years she wonā€™t think twice about banning YOU from HER outings! Does her Dad go on breaks without herā€¦?

1 Like

Not at all.
As for as dadā€™s concerns, he canā€™t put her in a bubble forever. He needs to lighten up.