I feel guilty my kids will be so far apart in age

I have a 10 year old boy, 7 yr old girl and 6 yr old boy. I just had another baby boy last July and was soo worried about the age gap being so big between my last one and the baby. But to my suprise, it made it so much better. All 3 of my older ones even my 10 yr old love the baby so much and love to teach him stuff

My baby brother is 7 or 8 years younger and he’s my right hand man!

I have gaps in my kids ages. There are no rules to how close or far apart to have your kids, you do what’s best for YOUR family! ( my kids are 13, 7,4, and 9 months)

My niece is nearly 7 years older than my daughter (now 7 months old) and she has been so excited to help with her and be around her. I imagine they’ll still be close as they get older. Also, my sister and I are 8 years apart with a sibling between us, but we’ve been very close at different points growing up and are close as adults. There may be points that your older child will want nothing to do with the younger one, especially when the older one approaches teen years and the other is still a little kid, but chances are they’ll reconnect at some point. I wouldn’t stress about it because there are definitely positives to age gaps too!

Its not terrible, theres a 6 year gap between me and my older brother and a 7 year gap between me and my little brother. Were all very close, and i liked have my brother so mucb younger than me because we never really had to share toys. My boys are 3 years apart and they fight over EVERYTHING. theres pros and cons to all sibling age gaps!

My daughters are 9 years apart… sometimes I feel like they are only 9 months apart, the way they act :rofl:

My oldest is 11 and my youngest is 3 months. The hardest part for me is why did I start over. It is really a better set up for my family.

Do not feel that way. My oldest is 6 years older than my youngest and they are and have always been close. Oldest is 24 and youngest is 18. It’s a waste of energy to feel that way.

My brothers are 11 and 14 years older. My mom didn’t feel guilty. I had cousins and friends to fill in the gap

my kids are 18 months apart and havent got along for 5 minutes in their 10 years of life so they really doesnt matter

My oldest child is 8 (will be 9 this month) and my youngest is 1 (2 in a few short days) and I will tell you right now their bond is the strongest between the rest of my children with the baby. He wants his big brother for everything, he is the next best thing to mama (and sometimes even chooses him over mama)! Don’t feel guilty, you would be surprised with how much of a bond they can build with that age gap! :heart:

I’m 30… My little sister is 12.
Shes my best friend. We do alot of stuff together. She loves watching my daughter who is 4. They are also best friends.

Age is nothing, bond is everything.

My sister and I are 7 years apart and we have always been close, we didn’t really fight growing up either compared to our other siblings closer in age, so it was nice

me and my older brother are 7 years apart. it’s rough no matter what the age gap is, but now that we’re older it’s great.

My kids are 6 years apart for half the year. It’s just like any other siblings they fight like crazy but are close also.

My son 8 and youngest 2 play together all the time lol they are like “mother hens” with that age difference. He’s always watching over her where ever we go

My oldest is 28 and youngest is 7. They’ll be ok love :heartpulse:and I also have a 18 and 10 year old. The 10 and 28 year old are close.

Out of all my siblings (4 brothers and 2 sisters, ranging from 1 year to 12 years younger than me) the one I get along with the best? My sister who is 7 years younger than me. :heart:

My cousins daughter is 16 they’re youngest he just turned 6 but they have a very strong bond.

My oldest is 16 and my youngest is eight and they’re best friends. They hang out together and play video games and draw together. All they need is love and family time.

My daughter turned 1 today my son turns 11 on the 12th. So it’s truly okay and a blessing even if there is a gap.

My daughter is eight and my son is two and the bond they share is amazing to see!

Mine our 7 years apart and they are close. I found activities that both of them enjoyed together when they were younger. I made it work. They always have had each other’s backs.

We’ve got an 18 year gap between our oldest son and his twin sisters(BIG surprise). They worship the ground he walks on and have always been close. 15 year gap with their middle brother. Same thing. They adore him and are close. In your case the age difference isn’t major. No big deal imho.

Same! My daughter turned 6 in July and due for baby at the end of March!

My oldest is 22 and my daughter is 15 they are best friends.

My oldest will be 12 in March and my second will be 7 in April. They’re extremely close and sometimes forget they have two other sisters

As a person with a sibling 6.5 years younger we are close. Don’t get me wrong we fought over the years but as grew so did our bond

Many years between mine and i couldnt of asked wished or hoped for better love between them all

I have an 11 1/2 year gap between my first & second. I was worried too. They’re 22 & 10. They have a beautiful bond. He’s her protector & idol. She’s her spoiled little princess. They get into mischief together just like siblings close together. Don’t sweat it. Your babies are 6 years apart for a reason.

My siblings are 13, 12, and 10 yrs older than i am. We weren’t particularly close when we were younger. Oldest got married and moved the summer before i started 1st grade, the second one was my main babysitter, and the 3rd was just busy working 2 jobs, going to school and busy with a girlfriend. Over the years we have gotten closer and it’s nice!

My kids are son’s 48 37 and daughter is 32 they get along just fine

I had my second 9 years after the first. She’s such a good big sis

I have 3 children and all are 6 years apart. They were very close and it continued into adulthood.

My kids are 18 and 3 and my 18 year old like my 3 year old 2nd mum they love each other and I see nuffin wrong

My oldest is 18 years older than my youngest.

I felt this way, mine are 5 years apart… but it turned out fine <3 they both do different things because of the age yet still bond. I find it easier to manage because of the age difference too.

My oldest & youngest are 6 years apart & out of all 4 of my kids they are the closest

They’ll be fine :slightly_smiling_face: my daughter is 6 my youngest 1 and they love playing together. My brother and I are like 8 or 9 years apart and we have a fairly close bond aswell :slightly_smiling_face:

I had a friend with 3 kids. There was 7 years between each. 14, 7, and newborn.

My sister is 8 years younger than me. Sure we had our moments when we didn’t really have anything in common but we always got along and now that we’re older it’s almost like there’s no age gap at all.

Nope! My 10 year old and 4 year old are super close! It’ll take a little bit until the younger one can really play but it’s been a great age gap for me!

Om 67 my youngest sister is 11 years younger then me, n we are very close

Dont feel bad. Im turning 23 in 2 weeks and I have a 4 year old brother and a 9 year old sister

My sister and I are 13 years apart and my brother and I are 21 years apart … lmao it is what it is and they’ll still develop they’re own bond :woman_shrugging:

I have a 18 , 16, 13, 10 yr old and now a 6 month old baby! It happens don’t beat yourself up over it :smiling_face:

Mine are 10 years apart and let me tell you they bonded just well

It is but your older will definitely have a stronger bonding with the baby .

Mine are 6 years apart, they are grown now and are very close. Age gap made no difference. Try not to worry.

My kids are 27, 25 and 14. They are sooo close.

Not true at all! My boys are 11 and 6 and inseparable

It will be fine I have 14 year old g/b twins and a 7 year old boy. And they play with each other

My sister is six years younger and we are the best of friends! :heart:

My oldest is 19 and my daughter is 5 and my youngest is 3

My sister and I are 8 years apart. We drove each other insane growing up but we are close now.

My kids are 13 years apart. They won’t have the relationship you have pictured but they will definitely create their own bond.

There’s 12 years between me and my brother we have the best bond in the world

I have a 14 year old and a 4 year old. They are best friends.

My oldest is 12 and my youngest is 1 1/2

I was 7 when my sister was born!

I’m 27 weeks and my son is turning 6 in August

Oh its fine. My kids are 12, 4,and 6 weeks. The 12 year old is awesome with both younger kids. He does alot with his 4 year old brother from PS4, to cuddling and watching movies to jumping on the trampoline, Legos, etc. The nice thing about the age gap however is that they each get to experience some things on their own without their siblings getting to do it too.

My kids are 19(nearly 20) 10 and 3…they play lovely and then argue like any other siblings haha

My 7year old and youngest are bestiesss and they have fun :heartbeat:

I have a 7, 13, 1 1/2, they play and interact well together and they each have their free space. It works. Do not worry. It will be great😁

Well don’t feel guilty a little late for that. My husband had 16 years between no big deal with them

Me and my brother have that same age gap. Never affected us

Bonding and love has nothing to do age gap

My girls are 21 years apart.

It’s not weird at all. My first two are 6 years apart. They play good together too.

Me and my siblings have a 10, 12, and 15 year age gap they’ll be ok they’ll still grow up together and the older sibling will still play with them we have newborn and 5 and 12 yr old and they’re both in love with him and can’t wait to play with him

I have two brothers. 1 is 7 years younger and one is 12 years younger.

My 1st and second are 10 years apart not by choice. They are brothers and very close

I’ve got an 11yo, 10yo, 6yo and 4yo and my 4yo and 11yo get along great despite the big gap between them :blush:

I have a twin brother and I have a sister I am 6 years older than her. I am closer to my sister than my twin brother. It will be ok.

Nah, not to fear. I grew up close to my younger sister and she was 9 years younger. I wanted to protect her. Just because there’s an age difference doesn’t mean anything. I have 3 children and my youngest daughter and son are 4 years apart and more distant from each than my sister and I were at 9 years apart. Each person is different but I wouldn’t worry too much. Just keep the oldest involved in the love and care of the baby and be sure to take time to spend one on one time with the oldest after the baby arrives. :heart:

:joy::joy: I’m 34 with a 14 year old son and a 4 month old daughter.

I’m 22 years older than my sister and though it’s a different type of sibling love/bond because both of my kids are older than her it’s still amazing having her around

It’s really not a big deal my closest older sibling is 10 years older and my younger sister is 11 years younger. We have a very dysfunctional family in general so like our relationships are not sunshine and rainbows but that has nothing to do with the age gap. Considering our family situation we all have really good sibling relationships

I know ppl who have 18+ year old kids and just had another, theyll be just fine!! For me, there is 6 years between my oldest and youngest, they get along better than my middle child and youngest to be honest!

age gap at my house is 11 year’s old, 2 years old and newborn:) 11 year old absolutely loves her little siblings. no need to feel guilty mama!!! year’s from now it will not make difference anyway. you 6 year old.will love it. make sure you include him A LOT and tell him he is your favorite 6 year old and blah blah i tell all my kids they my favorite :laughing: :joy:

I have a sister 8 years older. And I love her to death. She was like a 2nd mom. But also a friend. Idk there’s just a different bond with her than with my sister who’s 1.5 year older

Me and my sister are 7 years apart … atleadt when she becomes a teenager you’ll have a babysitter :joy:

my oldest is 27 and my 2 youngest ones are 11 and 10 my 2 youngest are 15 mths apart and me and my brother are 4 yrs apart.

Mine are 10 years apart. Both like.peas in a pod

My children are 12 yrs apart I have a 6 mnth old and a almost 13 yr old and I honestly couldn’t ask for a better bond. My oldest is so good with him & helpful so 6 yrs isn’t really tht much If anything your daughter will be helpful

That’s not a big gap at all lol! My babe is 6 and I’m expecting a baby right now. They’re gonna be close I’m sure

My kids are almost 6 years apart and are the best of friends.

I have a large gap between my oldest and my youngest and they still have a great relationship. My kids are 22,20,18,14, and 5. It’s not always a bad thing to have an age difference.

1 Like

10 years between my son and daughter. They love each other so much and play together, my daughter is like a second mom to him.

It’s better because you have someone to help, and get involved. You’re not having to take care of 2 Littles. Is actually better I think. As a mom of 3…

No reason to feel guilt over things you can’t control

I am 11 years older then one of my brothers and 21 and 24 years older then the others and we are all very closen

My oldest sibling is 15 years older than me and we have a strong bond

My kids are 2yrs 9 months and 1 day apart.They have Always gotten along.They are now 55 and 52.they are always there for each other.

14, 7, and 2 it’s the way you raise them that counts

My youngest sister and my older sister are 13 years apart… And their bond is very very close… 7 years is really not that bad

I have a 12 year old who will be 13 in June and I just found outSURPRISE we are pregnant and due in August! I don’t feel guilty at all just means that what life has planned for me. Adapt and move forward

All I can say is my almost 7 year old and 1 year have such an amazing strong bond. They chase eachother everywhere and my big boy gets so excited when she wakes up haha. I’m glad I didn’t have a toddler and a baby. Its much easier

My kids r 7 year apart !! 10 nd 3 my daughter will be 11 soon. Yes theres times they dont do the same things epically my son is non verbal and autistic but they do love eachother and she does play with him. At least when im gone he will have his big sister:) life is life sometimes we cant change things but we can choose to see the good.

Regardless of age difference, siblings are so important. Older siblings are like second sets of parents but with less rules and easier to talk to. All that matters is they bond