I feel like my daughter needs to go to the doctor and her father is refusing to take her: What can I do?

Take her to the doctor whether he wants to or not. If you need to get law enforcement involved do it. It’s not about dad it’s about your child.

2 Likes

Call for a well baby to the cops and tell them why she could end up with rsv

2 Likes

A well fair check could do the trick and if the officers see she is in need of medical and Dad still refuses then it just helps you in court and they can contact CPS if they feel it is serious enough

5 Likes

Call DHS as horrible as it sounds

2 Likes

1st of all Should DEFINITELY be taken to a dr at 5 mos w a “HORRIBLE” cold .Could be or get to RSV in this flu season ! 2nd of all WHY wont Dad take her esp given history of health…is he hiding something ? :sob::thinking::thinking::thinking:

9 Likes

Do a child welfare check. Hell no. Call an ambulance if you have to. Especially if you know it’s bad enough

6 Likes

Call CPS and request a well check. Someone will come and make him take her if they think she needs it.

3 Likes

If you have joint custody you can take her if shes sick

4 Likes

When do you see her next ? I would call CPS and police. Have them do a well chils check ASAP!!! RIGHT NOW !!!

2 Likes

Call your pd and request a wellness,check. They’ll be able to do something faster than cps or an attorney

3 Likes

I give up. The entire post has been sent to the admin, too many people to do it individually. Good luck.

2 Likes

A bad cold does not always warrant a trip to the dr or the ER. If he child is not running a fever can eat and sleep and only has a snotty nose and or a cough it’s very ok to watch them for a day or so to see if they get better or get worse. Many times I ran a humidifier elevated their heads and sucked snot and never needed to go to the dr. If they didn’t get better after 3 days or seemed to get worse we went. But the ER costs us 300 And urgent care 75 so if we could wait to Monday safely we did Dad has the baby for a reason if the mom is parenting from what she hears over the phone the. The dad gets to make the call. No cps is needed

8 Likes

Hopefully you have a lawyer. If not, get one.
If so, call and tell them all of this.
File with the court immediately and get in front of a judge.

2 Likes

You said you have visitation, can you take her when shes with you?

1 Like

Call for a home check? See what they can do first

2 Likes

Talk to your case worker or the person who represented you in court and ask them the steps to be able to get her seen by a doctor. They will help you.

1 Like

I dont see how you can have joint legal custody but you’re the one with visitation :woman_shrugging:. Its your kid. Do your motherly duties :woman_facepalming:

9 Likes

Call the doctor an ask him

1 Like

Our pediatrician told us for our son to call in on day 3 of no improvement for any illness or issue. At least to be screened. I would think past that he should go.

1 Like

Joint legal mess you have rights for medical decisions.

1 Like

Call CPS and police for a wellness check.

3 Likes

Since its the weekend call the police, ask to speak to a supervisor explain about her health issues, she may need a breathing treatment, my preemies did ,when they had colds , get a police report, it will go in your favor in a custody hearing.

2 Likes

Call cps for a welfare check and tell them what you just told us. It’s rsv season. Stupid he hasn’t taken her in.

4 Likes

Document !!: Really all your can do

RSV can be very serious, my grandson when he was a baby had it they had to put a tube down his throat and remove fluid and then hospitalized, I would call police for a wellness check

2 Likes

If it were me, I’d take her to a walk in clinic when I have her. No judge is going to punish you for taking your child to a doctor. It’s really important that kids get proper medical care with all the viruses and bacterial infections going on right now. ALL 3 of my kids just had RSV, my youngest is 8mo and he’s only a few days into it. I thought it was just a bad cold, but his cough got worse & i took him to urgent care and turns out he has it. Anyway that’s beside the point…what I’m trying to say is if you feel she needs to go then take her on your time. Call dad and ask him if you can take her, but don’t present it in a crappy way to him. It’s shitty, but just make it sound like a favor and you want to help and don’t be snotty about it otherwise he could very well say no…clearly. Just my opinion

Report him to the defax office that is neglect and if it was my daughter I would have already done that you need to report it because if you don’t report it then it looks bad on you not just him that’s right if you have joint custody and you have not reported him not taking the child to the doctor it can go against you also , so my advice is for you to report him let them know that he is neglecting your daughter and then they will step in and take care of it…

Is this for fucking real? OMG…

Call Child Protective Custody and report neglect. The fact they will have to look into it might be sufficient to motivate him to take her. Regardless of the outcome of whether it is deemed neglect or not.

4 Likes

This definitely doesn’t sound right. :unamused:

Use it against him as medical neglect. If he cannot or will not take your child to the dr… that is neglect

1 Like

Go get your daughter and take her to the doctors yourself. Court or not her welfare comes first

1 Like

Doesn’t anybody have any common sense anymore? This CANNOT be a legit question :flushed:

2 Likes

I’m sure he knows what he’s doing. He probably knows more about her than you think. Mom’s tend to over exaggerate sometimes. Andvwhile she may be immune compromised, give dad a break. He’s doing the best he can just like any single mother’s out there. I didn’t rush my kids to dr at every little sniffle or cough.

4 Likes

I have been reading all the comments. The child is 5 months old and is sick she is a preemie and a the baby should be checked out to rule any sings of RSV. The situation between the mother and father should stay between them. Sounds to me the mother had a right to be concerned

12 Likes

Call PD for a welfare check on her. They will go out, they will call child protective services , she will be taking to the hospital if needed. Then you document everything.

6 Likes

Go to the courthouse and get emergency custody, you can probably do it through CPS as well

2 Likes

Sometimes bringing an immune compromised person to a germ filled waiting room is worse then waiting out a day to let him (father w custody) see if it’s a cold or worse… think shes jumping the gun

5 Likes

I went through and deleted the comments of name calling and bashing. But we do not delete comments of people speaking their truth as long as they are respectful. <3

10 Likes

And you are either a coward or stupid not to just take her.i feel so sorry for her! You should be her warrior

How do you have joint custody AND only visitation?

2 Likes

Make an appointment on a day you have a visit with her.

1 Like

Call child protect and report him obviously :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Since you don’t seem to have legal recourse to get her there yourself, call the pd and explain what’s going on. They’ll go do a wellness check at least and maybe bring ems. Cps might get involved if the police see the baby needs to see a doctor but it’s not you calling them. Just going on your account but seems really weird that dad won’t agree to baby going to the doctor.

4 Likes

I seriously don’t understand why everyone cares who has custody, it’s about her daughter and sickness. What does it matter? You guys don’t know why it ended up the way it did.

4 Likes

I feel like dcfs might already be involved if you don’t have physical custody and have court… blah blah blah. All I’m saying is if you have a caseworker, ask her or him if they can go with you and your child to the doctor. Or ask him if you can take her to the doctor.

Idk, I know there’s a lot more to your story too but yeah talk to your caseworker.

1 Like

Id call cps n tell them this they will have to go check on the child n they can/will get her medical attention if she needs

4 Likes

Call CPS. At 5 months old and prior medical condition, she is considered high risk. He could be charged with medical neglect if she is as bad as you think she is and refusing to get her medical treatment

5 Likes

Why can’t you make the appointment and go ask to take her and pay for it, and drop her off after? Is it because you have a history of not giving her back? Does he have issues with your authority? Normal people don’t take issue if they don’t have to pay and they don’t have to do any foot work. So what are you not telling us? Are you suffering from PPA or PTSD… or munchausen? Is this a regular argument you 2 have? We don’t know all the details. I hope she’s ok and the 2 of you can get your shit sorted soon. She’s already paying for this, whether on your end or his… she’s paying.

Have a wellness check done to show him your serious and worried. If that doesn’t work call dcfs. Someone will have to check on her then at least.

2 Likes

You can make a report to CPS for possible medical neglect.

Other than that I have no idea what else you could legally do.

3 Likes

One can have physical custody but they have joint custody regarding decisions

Call the police tell them she’s in danger. They have to do a well check with a cps worker. And do it now

2 Likes

Call Children Services.

2 Likes

You need to do something to get her checked out cps police ect.

2 Likes

Talk to your lawyer and or caseworker about it

Call your attorney and explain to him the problem…

Lot of RSV out there right now… get her checked!

1 Like

Call child protective services NOW. When she was young? She’s only a five month old, with prior health problems. She’s quite possibly in danger. Praying for you and your daughter🙏

3 Likes

Call cps ,sorry but 8f she needs a antibiotic every second she is getting sicker,if there is infection it needs to be killed,or ask him to go with u to take her to the ER right now

Guess what everyone. It’s next month since the post was posted on November 30th

Call the court. Immediately

call courts call the police for concern of welfare check contact your lawyer to send him a letter requesting medical assessment good luck

Best to call your lawyer

Take her yourself immediately. I know from first hand experience how wrong things can go for a child if not seen straight away. Deal with the gal out afterwards. But take her.

I would take cops and explain to them and take her

7 Likes

If he is compromising her life he might not get to keep her

6 Likes

I would call your lawyer and tell them that she needs to be seen ASAP. I know how you feel. My daughter is a preemie as well and I take her whenever she’s sick for more than a few days or if it progresses

7 Likes

Have the police do a welfare check. Maybe even let children services know and they can do an investigation which would include his failure for treatment.

15 Likes

I’m so sorry that your baby girl is sick. All I know to say is that it is a priority that you get him to understand that baby girl needs to get to the dr ASAP! My little cousin is kind of sickly and they thought he just had bronchitis, but it has gotten so bad that it has been upgraded to pneumonia. Right now is that time of the year, especially with her illness. Praying for your situation.

3 Likes

Get the police to go with you.She needs to go to the Dr.now…

5 Likes

I would definitely report it to your lawyer and inform cps. I don’t know if police can help but cps might be able to convince him to take her in. Compromising her health like that, they might threaten to take her into their own custody until court, or return her to you.

4 Likes

5 months old is way too young for 50/50 custody. Have the cops do a welfare check, document it and fight for custodial parent.

14 Likes

Call the police or the child line.

4 Likes

Go to the courthouse and explain that your daughter is in danger. See what you can file. Also contact child protective services, that is medical neglect.

7 Likes

The police will help if that baby is sick and only 5 months old…

6 Likes

I’ve heard RSV is going around right now. If you have a lawyer, definitely call them & explain what’s going. Or call CYS & explain everything to them. Good luck.

4 Likes

Have the police do a welfare check.

4 Likes

Call the cops, child welfare, your lawyer or whoever it takes to get that man to either take her or let you take her to the doctor!!

2 Likes

Can you see if your lawyer can get an emergency ex parte hearing to evaluate whether the father is acting in the best interest of the baby? She is little, a preemie, and sick. Can you call the doctor or the office to see what they can do? I hope this gets resolved. Poor baby.

4 Likes

Its abuse on his part
Document everything and go give a statement at your local police station

2 Likes

Document EVERYTHING!! Make sure the court knows about it because that is endangering the welfare of a child if not neglect and abuse.

4 Likes

I agree with calling the police for a welfare check. I think this is worthy of a 911 call. Police would definitely take this seriously. A 5 month old with previous health issues is in a dangerous situation the police will help you. In fact it is your duty as a parent to notify them.

4 Likes

If the father refuses you take her wth is wrong with you cause if something happens you go down with him

3 Likes

If she has that kind of history and is that sick why haven’t taken her yet?

What the hell are you waiting for? If you only have her on weekends take her to the ER. Or, call CPS and tell them.

3 Likes

if he doesn’t want to go to to the doctors cant he call a locum at least?

Can you take her during one of your visits

1 Like

NCMA here, and I work in Peds :raising_hand_woman:t2: I really think you should get her seen by doctor ASAP. Call 911 for a welfare check, and let them know what’s going on. I know it seems intimidating, but you’re putting your daughter first and that’s what’s important.
You could ask an officer to accompany you to see your daughter and make sure she’s okay, since her father is refusing to have her evaluated.

With what you’ve shared about her health history, there’s no reason not to have her seen. Colds can have similar symptoms as RSV or pneumonia. Or it simply could just be a simple cold that isn’t going away, that’s always a possibility, especially with infants since they are still building an immune system. But with her health history, that can be very dangerous also.

If she’s congested, whether it’s sinuses or moved to her chest, it can be hard to tell when babies aren’t getting enough oxygen. You might think they’re snoring when they’re actually wheezing, etc. If her cold has progressed, and she’s not getting enough oxygen, that’s going to effect every organ in her body. I’m not trying to scare you, I’m trying to help you understand the urgency of calling for a welfare check.

Make sure your lawyer also knows what’s going on, and you provide the documentation you’ve been keeping.

Since you have joint custody, you also can contact her pediatrician and see if she’s been seen, or is scheduled. Her father might just be stonewalling you, when he’s actually taking care of the cold. Maybe try that after the weekend?

I’ve seen premies get very ill, very fast. Do what you think is best for your daughter and your situation, and document everything. Keep screenshots of all texts, document phone calls, all of it. Not just calls you make to him, but also calls you have made regarding this situation.

Good luck mama! I’ll be praying for you and your little one.

10 Likes

Call the police to do a welfare check. I hope she’s okay. Poor baby girl shouldn’t have to go through this because of her father. Omg.

2 Likes

Seems like the courts believe he can take care of the child if he has physical custody.

8 Likes

If she had joint legal custody then she had a right to take her child yo the doctor on her own.

1 Like

There is more to this story… Have you talked to the Dad? Do you know For Sure he hasn’t seen a doctor? Or have an appointment? Do you know how bad this cold is? Not every cold requires doctor care… If you are not there every day how do you know the dad is not giving the child meds??

6 Likes

Call social service or call deputy sheriff

1 Like

Call the doctor make the appointment if he fails to take the baby the courts will hold him accountable for this n see he is not worthy to take care of the child for his carelessness. Prays to your family and that the baby gets better soon.

4 Likes

If he’s a “crap” dad then why does he even have her?

Just feel there’s more to the story then what’s being said.

14 Likes

I’m sure ur stuck between a rock & a hard place. Pls PM me & I’ll give u advice. I know how ur feeling I’m in a similar situation & it’s not as easy as ppl may think. I’m positive u wanna do what’s best for ur baby but I’m sure there’s a reason u haven’t called the cops or CPS. I feel for u! Pls PM me I would live someone to talk to myself!!! Hope all goes well!!!

Pathogenic parenting syndrome at its finest.

4 Likes

Call the cops. Child endangerment.

2 Likes

Call CPS and make your concern known

1 Like