I feel like my daughter needs to go to the doctor and her father is refusing to take her: What can I do?

Calling CPS is really unnecessary.

A bad cold? Explain? Is she not getting taken care of in regards to her cold?

Usually with cold pediatric doctors do not do much Other than suggest things like a humidifier, saline most mist, warm baths, etc

7 Likes

Take her to the Emergency Room of your local hospital.

Speak to your lawyer

See if you can possibly be granted an emergency hearing. She is a preemie and has already had breathing issues. Calling the cops does nothing. Children and youth can’t over step a court order. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING… phone calls, text, conversations, cancelled appointment, etc. cover your butt with ALL facts and the court is more likely to listen.

Call cops to do a welness check on her

Call social services. Call police and do a wellness check on her.

Have the police do a wellness check for peace of mind.

Call an ambulance to his house and let EMS Argue with him. (They will at least evaluate her and in most states EMS first responders are mandated reporters meaning they must report to social services if they think there is child abuse and not taking a sick child to the hospital is abuse) BAM! Game set match…u win. No matter what you are ok. Your baby is protected. You did your job as a mom without doing ANYTHING which would jepordize your position in court! Winner!!

Theres more to this. Why do you only have visitation? If he was so bad he wouldnt have her more then you.

1 Like

Try leaving the cops and CPS out of the picture unless absolutely necessary cuz it could bite you on the ass! Not sure what symptoms she has that concerns you but whooping cough is going around in my state so you might want to try convincing him to take her if coughing is an issue! Why doesn’t he want her to go if she has been sick in the past??

Ask your attorney and not a bunch of strangers

37 Likes

Send the police over for a wellness check and they will most definitely call an ambulance for her. That is so scary for her and she could definitely be in danger!!

26 Likes

Personally I would call 911 and give them his address :woman_shrugging:t3:

11 Likes

Call the police and have them do a wellness check, tell them your worries, tell them she’s immune compromised. They will go and access the situation.

16 Likes

Send police for wellness check

9 Likes

Take her on your visit. Urgent care, er, regular dr ir whatever you get her into

3 Likes

Is she running a temp? And is her mucous green… Dr can’t do anything if it’s just a common cold

7 Likes

Take her yourself on your next visitation day.

3 Likes

Call the police. They will do a wellness check and call the correct authorities if needed.

3 Likes

If you have joint legal custody then you have a say so as well. I would honestly tell him to take her or youre calling the police on him because he knows she’s sick thats child neglect if she (god forbids) were to possibly die due to being severly sick he can get charged with murder because he knew and didnt do anything about it. The police will make him take her to the doctor/ER.

11 Likes

You know what you should do if your a good mother. She sick now not later. Police wellness check

4 Likes

Send the police he’s being irresponsible you can’t take chances with your child’s life

6 Likes

Could you call police and explain whats going on and see if there’s anyway they can help?

I feel like my daughter* needs to go to the doctor.
:point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up:
She’s your daughter tooooooooooo.
Call these cops if you have to.

7 Likes

I just brought my kiddo in for a cold/pink eye, and they said watching for breathing issues because there has been lots of cases of RSV already. Not to scare ya, but as the other ladies are saying, send police for wellness check! Hope she feels better!

5 Likes

Not knowing all the legal stuff involved makes it hard to say really.
But, if you are that concerned, I would call the police and see if they can do a wellness check and give them all the background information.

If you are allowed to take her on visitations (away from the father), then it might be good to take her to the doctor yourself. BUT, say you do that and she needs medication, sounds like the father wouldn’t give it to her anyway. So, I’m not really sure what you can do other than report him to the police.

2 Likes

Call the police for a wellness check. Also get with your lawyer and let them know what’s going on.

4 Likes

Either my child is going to the doctor or I’m going to jail :woman_shrugging:t4:

12 Likes

As a respiratory therapist I will tell you he absolutely needs to take her in to the doctor because bronchiolitis is going around really bad right now and you know from past experience how fast it can go downhill. I’m not saying this to scare you, I’m saying it because with her preemie history and her history already she’s going to be far sicker than the average completely healthy baby. So you really need to make sure that he gets her taken care of.

7 Likes

Unless the visitation is in a supervised facility (such as a supervised visit with DCF/CPS), or otherwise supervised with restrictions, the OP can take the child wherever she damn well pleases. I don’t really understand why she couldn’t just take the child to urgent care or the pediatrician on her next visit. This would be the most logical thing to do.

Since there is an active court proceeding and the OP doesn’t have joint physical custody then there is likely DCF/CPS involvement and/or a guardian ad litem appointed to represent the child’s best interest. Either the social worker or the guardian ad litem can/should be contacted if the OP cannot take the child out of a supervised visit. OP should explain her concerns to them and request their support in encouraging the father to seek medical treatment, and if they cannot intervene directly it will at least be documented that she had concerns.

Presumably the child will need to be brought to the 6 month well-child visit, so if the child is close to turning 6 months perhaps the father is simply waiting to see what happens over the next week or so. Since we don’t know what OP considers a horrible cold or what condition the child is actually in, this may or may not be unreasonable.

It is quite unusual for a mother to only have visitation, so it may go without saying that the best way to take care of the baby’s health long term will be correcting whatever issues resulted in the loss of physical custody in the first place.

13 Likes

Rsv is nothing to play with

2 Likes

I feel like every time this account posts a “fan question” their more outrageous. I call bullshit and whoever is running the account is bullshit out of their ass tbh. Searching shit on google.

5 Likes

Are you also saying you won’t see the child until then as well? This makes a difference in an answer.

I agree the child needs dr ASAP but if OP doesn’t physically have her then I think she’s asking what her options are. ?? Am I wrong?

3 Likes

Tell the whole story.

16 Likes

Send police for wellness check

6 Likes

I would call DCF on the situation. They will go out in less than 24 hours and investigate.

1 Like

For Pete sakes !!! She is your daughter. Take her to the doctor. You don’t have to ask for permission if you have joint custody.

4 Likes

Refusing medical attention is against the law … won’t look good for him

5 Likes

Call in a welfare check

5 Likes

RSV virus is running rampant…call 911 if have too and tell the police the situation they should be able to guide you in the direction you may need to go

2 Likes

This has been posted for 20min

Where is ur update stating u called the police and she is on the way to the hospital via ambulance?

6 Likes

Can you call his mom? Sounds silly I know but seriously. If she loves her grandbaby she will go up in there an take that baby herself! Also she might be able to make him see the reason for concern moms are good like that. Also you can call 911 for a wellfare check and they can assess the situation and see if she needs medical treatment right then or not

6 Likes

He said. You said and the truth of why you do not have custody

4 Likes

Ok. Dad has physical custody. I would say the courts feel he is a fit parent… But if you are that worried then call your case worker and ask them to check into it.

6 Likes

Call your judge or lawyer and tell them what’s going on and that he’s refusing treatment. They will give you permission to take the baby in

1 Like

I think you’d have better luck with contacting your lawyer or something then a Facebook page …

9 Likes

Go get the child and take to the hospital, smdh… RSV virus is serious

1 Like

Is Dad caring for this cold? Dad may have already taken her to his Dr. if you have visitation I cannot imagine you know all the aspects of babies life. If you call the police unless you know for a fact that abuse is happening, this will be bad on both of yall. Give Dad a chance and ASK HIM what has he done this far… my sons have had pretty serious colds cared for at home because they were too young for any medications or treatments. Just my thoughts.

8 Likes

Yall are suggesting her to call the police. Just heads up, if they show up and see she needs to go to the dr and dad is refusing to take the child then they child will be removed from his custody as well… doesnt mean mom will get her back considering she has court next month. Evidently somethings going on because her father has the child and the mother doesnt. Maybe he is taking care of it and just isnt telling the mother because she only has visitation rights :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Also @OP, have you called the pediatrician and described the symptoms to the on-call doctor? If they advise the baby doesn’t need to be seen then I’d follow that advice. If they suggest the baby be seen or go to urgent care, then advise the doctor that you will provide this information to the father but he has told you he won’t take the baby in. Any decent pediatrician will note this and if they follow up and the baby hasn’t been seen and is not better, they’ll make their own medical neglect report.

4 Likes

Just save Babys life just 5ake her to dr no one should say any thi.g if u take her…but if u dont they will charge u with child neglect…

Better get that baby checked that’s the last thing you wouldn’t wanna do

Like they call and have them do a welfare check and maybe the cops can tell him take to er if that’s the case

It’s rsv season…Is he slow?

CAll an ambulance for her

1 Like

Court. CPS. You have more power than you think. He is hurting the welfare of his own kid. Write a statement and file a report!

2 Likes

I would take her to the doctor .father should know better

Call your lawyer and see if you can get/file emergency custody until the court date.

1 Like

Which of you file you should get her right away until the court date

To everyone questioning why she doesn’t have custody… right now thats not important. Right now all that matters is the child needs medical care and the mother wants to know how she can get it for her child.
Call police tell them situation and ask for welfare check ALSO call your lawyer and tell them to put it on your file that u have done this.
I hope bub gets to a dr soon. Good luck mumma and ignore these nasty comment. The Facebook warriors love making bad situations feel so much worse then they are.

8 Likes

Lots of suggestions here to call the police and hardly any to actually consult with the doctor by phone first. Huh.

5 Likes

How does everyone know that the father hasn’t rang a doctor or nurse on call or already been to the doctors and got told that it is a common cold and that there isn’t anything to be done? Calling the cops and cps is extremely unfair and far fetched. I’m sure the father isn’t going to deny his baby the doctors if she is really sick!!!

9 Likes

What child under 5 months is given meds for a cold??? I’ll wait cause I’ve had to blow snot out, warm bath, and a whole lotta other shit to take care of a cold in my Littles when they couldnt be treated SMH.

4 Likes

Wow all you rude probably not even pass your twenties and has No Compassion, judgmental mothers need to calm the flip down and I hope and pray you don’t find yourself in this situation If you have nothing nice to say then SHUT UP and troll on. And as a MIMI of three I would call DFACTS and ask surely you or him has a social worker that you can get in touch with if not I would call the police dept. the baby could have RSV which is deadly for babies. Prayers for you and your child.

7 Likes

Call ambulance and law enforcement and fire department

3 Likes

I always take my kids to the doctor just to make sure it’s nothing serious! They are 5 & almost 2! They are usually fine but in some cases have needed antibiotics! I really worry that my son is in school and catches things way to more frequently! If the baby is in daycare or around older kids I would definitely do anything I could to get seen by a doctor! And as others have said RSV is no joke and her being a preemie and health issues she definitely needs to be checked out at least

1 Like

I think you call the pediatrician and see what they say. Then go through other means. Calling CPS and the police is extreme. Also taking the baby to the ED when it’s not an emergency is also not the right thing to do. Just saying. No offense if the dad has custodial rights, I have a hard time believing he won’t take a sick baby to the doctor. Just my opinion.

7 Likes

This is complete insanity. Is this post a joke? Or?? How does a mother not have custody of her 5 month old infant? This page is officially unfollowed… Buh bye

10 Likes

You people do realize a cold can be treated at home right? It is possible. A cold is not an ER trip. Maybe a pediatrician on monday if she isnt better yet situation but not a late night ER trip.

A lot of over dramatic people in here I see.

6 Likes

I would go to the dads house, tell him I’m taking the baby to the doctor and tell him he can go with you or stay. Period.

4 Likes

If you have a caseworker with children’s services, call them and make them aware of the situation. Hopefully they’ll come out for a welfare check. If attorney’s are involved, have your attorney contact his to urge him to get medical attention for the baby. If all else fails, call child protection. Preemies are more likely to get RSV, which is quite serious.

1 Like

You can call the police inform them of the situation and they will do a well child visit. If they think she needs to go they will have her brought in

6 Likes

Ring ur Dr get advice if he feels there is a need for medical intervention it will happen or ring NICU she would have been in there on breathing tube… Use your visitation to check her out yourself…

1 Like

For the people saying “it’s just a cold”, how do YOU know?! Being taken to the docs to get checked shouldn’t be that big a deal to dad. Especially considering the baby’s past history!! I say call police, ambulance, and CPS too!!

6 Likes

I would talk to the dad and see why it is that he doesn’t want to take her to the dr. If it’s that he doesn’t have time offer to take her yourself or of its money or health insurance offer to pay for it and sign for responsibility of payment! If he simply just doesn’t think she needs to go explain to him why your worried about her and Express your concern. Communication goes farther then you might think!

7 Likes

Um you take that baby to the doctor Anytime you feel like it. Better to be an over cautious mom then a mom to a dead baby PERIOD

2 Likes

Call the cops and ask them to do a welfare check because your babies super sick and dad refuses to get her checked out.

2 Likes

If you do actually have joint custody, he will have the child half of time. Make an appointment for the doctor. Getting so tired of the drama on Facebook.

5 Likes

Idk how you lose custody of a baby unless it was born addicted.
Anyway if the court is finding him the one most responsible to care for her then let him. If it’s serious, I’m sure he will take her to the dr.
Unless there is trouble breathing or a high fever an er is not needed

6 Likes

I’d document and bring this up in court, and ring CPS

Bigger issue is why you don’t have custody of your baby

8 Likes

my daughters most recent “just a cold” was croup…immunocompromised child here, too. a cold can be absolutely deadly for these kiddos, especially one who was a preemie…so to those if you saying “its just a cold, treat it at home”…a big middle finger to yall. dont even care if that sounds rude. this baby could have RSV, influenza, croup, etc…you never know if a cold is just a cold.
I would document, bring it up in court, contact CPS, police, etc etc etc. You bet your butt I would! What he is doing is neglect.

4 Likes

You go to his house, sit in the driveway, call 911 for an ambulance. They show up, the baby is looked at. Period.

6 Likes

Call the after hours doctors out to his residence

Welfare check and they’ll call paramedics if needed. If hes also not meeting her medical needs then hes not looking after her.

2 Likes

Call ex in-laws, express your concerns and ask them to take her to doctor

1 Like

Make it seem like his idea to take her. Try and put it in his head some way. I used to do that with my kids dad cause he never listened to me. So I just made everything “his” idea.

1 Like

Take her to the ER on your visitation.

1 Like

And this is why fathers rights movements have become so popular. Sorry had more to say but my son just coughed so I have to call the cops and rush him to the doctors! He is in dire need of care :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

If you really think it is that serious call your local police department and request a welfare check.

1 Like

Omg stop judging! She did not post her whole story so you all dont know it! Rude righteous dicks!

3 Likes

I thought mom’s were supposed to support each other. Reading some of these comments and some of these women should be ashamed of themselves. Nobody is the perfect parent, we all make mistakes.

6 Likes

Well, if it were dire, I’d call the paramedics to his house (making sure she was there) However, he has the right to refuse the ride, and it could come back on you as a false call, which clearly is not a good idea.

If your relationship with his parents is strong, express your worries to them.

If he can’t take her because he doesn’t have time at work, see if the in laws can join you to take her (sort of like a supervised visit)

Whatever you have to do, do it (all legally of course) I feel if you keep nicely asserting pressure and awareness, they’ll take her. Praying for your baby!

Call CPS- child protection services in your area. End of story

3 Likes

I’d call the police and they will send an ambulance for a health check if it’s serious enough it is considered medical neglect

4 Likes

You have to let them know the legal situation and her medical history.

3 Likes

If the concern was that real, you wouldnt be here asking questions and advice.

4 Likes

Whys he got her in the 1st place…call cps

2 Likes

Doesn’t joint legal custody give you the right to make medical decisions as well? Call the doctor and explain the situation

2 Likes

Document it bring it up in court when you go