I found out my husband called my best friend

I wouldn’t have an issue with my partner and my friend talking and being friends it’s healthy :woman_shrugging:t3: sounds like he was trying to surprise you and your friend just ruined it, either way it’s not a big deal like it blows my mind that everyone is screaming cheater because of a phone call :woman_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

I know my husband would go to my best friends before my family for bday ideas.

And they talk on numerous occasions.

Is there underlying reasons why you wouldn’t trust him / her?

4 Likes

Nah nah nah… If u feel something ain’t right then it’s not right!!

2 Likes

As someone who sneakily called and texted my best friend’s husband around her birthday…we were planning a surprise :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: maybe it’s not always something :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

Nopeeeee nope nope lmao I’m sorry sis but they are both lying

3 Likes

He probably said it was a butt dial bc telling you it was about your birthday would ruin the surprise. For what it’s worth, I’ve called my friend’s husbands over the years for numerous reasons. Sometimes it was something like “hey, does she already have one of these”, sometimes it was bc she wasn’t answering her phone and I needed an answer quick about something I was about to buy the kids, or needed info about plans we’d all made (like when which kids birthday party was, etc), or occasionally I even just needed to ask their help bc I had a car issue but both my SO and dad were busy.

If you can’t trust your SO and best friend, what are you doing with either of them?

I’ll say it again: If you can’t trust your SO and/or best friend, what are you doing with either of them?

7 Likes

I think it’s nothing. Worry after your birthday.

Well one of them OR both of them are lying. And they both know it. If you have nothing to hide you wouldn’t lie.

2 Likes

How many times have they called each other and did you know they had each others number? These days you can’t trust anyone and if he didn’t have anything to hide then he would hand you the phone not say you can’t touch it

4 Likes

It is most likely a surprise for you… unless he has giving reason to suspect this… please give it some time to see what may come to be BUT keep yourself alert & aware so if something should be wonky you’ll identify it beyond a shadow of a doubt. I would go to my hubby’s BFF to get help to pull off something special off for sure!!!

5 Likes

Hate to say it, but they are either doing the horizontal tango, or planning it… or MAYBE they are actually planning a surprise for you. Please keep us updated

1 Like

Husband was asking and that was his excuse, you’re friend told the truth because that’s what she should do :woman_shrugging:unless your husband is a cheating kind and you don’t really trust your best friend

2 Likes

I mean it just sounds like your husband didnt want to spoil something… i trust my best friend Sandra beyond measure and she trusts me… i have had private conversations with her husband and she has had conversations with my now ex and i didn’t have a problem with it… i guess it all comes down to trust!!!

2 Likes

Go through the call log on the cell phone bill/statement. Not sure you can check the log for text messages too.

3 Likes

My husband and cousin had a secret phone relationship right under my nose. Be careful. If you feel something isnt right then it’s probably not… Good luck!!

6 Likes

Just sit back pay attention and go from there…he could have Said butt dial so u wouldn’t know hee trying to surprise u and ur friend didn’t want u to sweat it snd worry and told you what was up…give them the benefit of doubt but dnt let ya guard dwn Just in case …if things stay suspect qfter ur bday then start worrying

All I can say follow your heart

1 Like

That’s ratchet “ ultimate betrayal and loyalties broken if you find out they be lying

1 Like

If your husband has not given you any reason in the past to think he was cheating why would he now? Unless there is other clues somewhere that is definitely showing red flags I would be waiting to see if your girl friend is telling the truth.

How close is your bday to these phone call??

7 Likes

I mean if he wanted opinions for a bday present wouldnt he call your mom?? But i supoose youd know after the birthday

1 Like

He may have said it was a butt dial because he wanted it to be a surprise. Do more sleuthing

Your husband should already know what you like and don’t like Lol

4 Likes

Girl you ain’t dumb lol

5 Likes

100 percent someone is lying

4 Likes

My husband was emailing and calling my best friend for over a year without my knowledge. Reason? They were planning a huge surprise for my birthday (and it was huge, I was utterly shocked). So it could be exactly as your best friend says. And if you get to see your husband’s phone atm, you would possibly see texts where they are exchanging ideas, pics and prices of your birthday gift. Once your birthday is past, ask to use his phone…does he still not want you to have it? Then there is an issue but unto then keep a watch for lies, inconsistent actions, change of habits, etc. But if you really think he is cheating. Has he ever cheated before, in any of his relationships? Has your best friend? Have you been cheated on and are worried it could happen again? You can hire an investigator to find out if you are really convinced he is, but if he is not, him finding out could wreck your marriage. Alternatively, if something still feels wrong, you and he could go to marriage councilling and get help with trust issues and honesty.

8 Likes

Chances are they BOTH are LYING unfortunately :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_facepalming:t3:

6 Likes

My best friend & I call each other’s husband or text them & it’s nbd. BUT we all 4 trust each other very much & nothing is ever - EVER - inappropriate. But I have totally called him to ask about bday stuff & he has totally called me to help plan stuff for her. Don’t automatically jump to conclusions - however the not letting you use his phone anymore is kinda weird.

7 Likes

Lose your friend or maybe lose them both

3 Likes

I trust my two best friends :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

How far away is you birthday? Could really be all it is

3 Likes

Idk about your situation but my best friends and I trust eachother and I text memes and ask her husband stuff all the time bc we are also friends! But I also ask him about surprises for her too since we both have kids and example like if he would be cool to watch the kids so I could surprise her with a visit or tickets bc we live in diff states but also wouldn’t be diff if we lived close too. So its a trust thing.

2 Likes

Hmmmmm how long y’all been best friends . I see a lot of comments about best friends calling each other husbands/ friends . I myself can’t see it. Like what reasons would I have to call my best friends husband unless she ILL or sick… I can’t see it. He snatched phone…why??? He is your husband :thinking: you using phone should never be an issue… Go with your gut feeling.i would rather be proven wrong then be left in the dark … Also how long you been married??? He should know your likes or dislikes… I’m ole skool I actually never heard of such best friends and husbands. Best friend or not respect me my husband and home… And as a best friend. That I would do. Idk sounds iffy… In a marriage… Your best friend is your partner…

7 Likes

Sit them down and question it like adults should. The quickest and best way to honest answers is a good old fashion conversation with both parties.

5 Likes

They’re both probably lying.

1 Like

Idk i think someone could be lying

1 Like

I personally would think maybe it was him trying to figure out what to do for your birthday since she’s your bestie she knows you best & guys sometimes aren’t good at figuring out gifts . I hope this is the case for you :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

I would tell her her hey the cats out of the bag tell him go ahead and buy me that Corvette I’ve had my eye on for my birthday girl go ahead let him know then get your new car and tell both of em to kick rocks while you drive away in your new car.I wish you the best though fr I’m sorry :pensive: that does hurt so much worse both of them are dirty

4 Likes

I don’t think there is much to think off. Is your Birthday coming up? If so then there’s your answer… Obviously he would say he butt dailled her because he wouldnt wanna ruin a good surprise.
Side note​:bangbang::bangbang:My friends husband calls me to check in on me, Nothing to hide. Nothing inappropriate. Just pure friends. People need to remove the nattative of not being able to be friends with your best friends husband. Not every single person is the same

My friends husband messaged me to ask if I could take her out as she had been stressed out…… he was doing something nice for her. I wouldn’t think anything of it at all.

8 Likes

What you need to figure out here is which one you don’t trust and get them out of your life. If you don’t trust both, get rid of both.

4 Likes

It’s normally the one’s closest to you… That go after what you love…

4 Likes

If they just called and talked then what’s the big deal !? My husband is allowed to talk to all three of my best friends but then again I know none of them would do anything with him

2 Likes

Depends on how soon your birthday is from when you seen the calls, and how often. Were there any texts?

1 Like

Well if it’s a surprise for your birthday then yes they’d both be lying. How far is your birthday? Do you trust them? Did you know they had each other’s number? Do many questions. But follow your gut.

2 Likes

Maybe he doesn’t want to tell you he is planning something for your birthday but your friend had to give it away coz she knew your suspicious?
If it continues after your birthday yeah be suspicious but if not then I wouldn’t worry
Coz my best friends man calls or messages me when it’s her birthday and I phone or message him for ideas and so we don’t do the same either
So could be nothing could be something but just wait and see if they still talk after your birthday xx

1 Like

The recent call will tell you how long the call lasted for….if it was received or not etc…should have done further investigation on that and I’d say it’s safe to say they’re both lying. Oh, and she’s NOT your best friend if she is lying. UNLESS—-they’re trying to do something special for your birthday and don’t want to spoil the surprise. Maybe don’t jump too far into conclusions that are unfair to everyone including yourself. Either trust or don’t trust…but that’s on you.

my “best friend” had a baby by my babydaddy and still continues to lie about the paternity even though her daughter is almost identical to mine… who looks like her father :joy::woman_shrugging:t4:

jokes on her bc he’s a deadbeat to mine & a bigger deadbeat to hers.

let go & let god/karma handle it. if it honestly was something simple like a butt dial he wouldn’t act so weird now.

Maybe its a surprise and you’re not supposed to know!

2 Likes

He’s Probably trying to surprise you with something honestly. No need for accusations to start being thrown.

4 Likes

Listen, my life long best friend slept with my fiancé for months. People suck. Go with your gut and get printed phone records that show the numbers that are called and texted. That revealed that those two talked constantly for me.

I wouldn’t think anything of it. He probably just said he accidentally called her so you wouldn’t have any surprise ruined for yourself. Your best friend is probably telling the truth, depending on how far your birthday is then I’d let it go. My partner and best friend often speak, if you trust them both then there shouldn’t be a problem :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Well listen to ur gut. Mine ran off after 26 yrs of what i thought was a good marriage. if he has nothing to hide, give u his phone.

2 Likes

It’s possible that’s the truth and he just didn’t want to give the real reason away so not to ruin the surprise?
The hiding the phone part is a bit strange… but, everyone has a right to some privacy. Maybe he was just offended you were questioning him?
I wouldn’t stress yourself out too much over it unless there’s more signs that something is off with him

1 Like

How can we give an honest opinion when details are missing. When’s your birthday, if it’s within a month or two, I’m sure it’s harmless and he doesn’t want you to know. If your birthday is far off, then I’d be concerned about why he wouldn’t want to give his phone back over. You should’ve went to the text messages. But ultimately without the fiber detail of what month your birthday is, it’s hard to make an accurate opinion

1 Like

My best friends husband calls me when he is concerned for her or just asks me to check in on her and see how’s she’s doing. Sometimes it’s also for suprise ideas or suggestions and sometimes its to tell me something exciting. I also call him if I’m worried or have concerns about her. She is my best friend I’d never cross that line. I respect both of them and all of our relationships.
Do t be so quick to assume the worst if she truly is your ride or die best friend and he truly is your husband thru thick and thin you have nothing to worry about. And if there’s a suprise a brewing they are gonna cover for each other to pull off a suprise for you. Be patient

4 Likes

If your gut is telling you to be aware … follow it. It is very rarely wrong. You just ‘know’

2 Likes

They’re lying. Trust me I’ve been there.

2 Likes

Depends on when your birthday is , he may be trying to surprise you so he wouldn’t tell you if he’d called her to discuss your birthday . I’m sensing an element of insecurity on your part . You would need more than 1 phone call to think there was something happening

2 Likes

Ghost them you already know

5 Likes

Maybe it’s a surprise for a birthday or something and that’s why they are telling fibs maybe, you might be looking into it abit much, is your birthday close? Maybe after the birthday ask him again if nothing has been planned

If there are multiple calls and he is now being super possessive of his phone, that is most definitely a :triangular_flag_on_post:

4 Likes

If there’s nothing going on, his phone wouldn’t be off limits. I caught my ex and my best friend “talking”behind my back. Their excuse was they were talking about our relationship (my ex and I were having problems at the time). They would talk 5+ times a day for hours at a time EVERY SINGLE DAY for weeks! On days that he was home and I was at work, she would go over to do “laundry”. This was all done behind my back. I always had a bad feeling and felt like something was off whenever they were in the same room together but dismissed it because I didn’t want to seem jealous or insecure. I should’ve trusted my gut because I ended up being 100% spot on! I left my ex and never spoke to my best friend ever again! Someone is definitely lying! Run as fast as you can!

3 Likes

I think in your heart you already have your answer. I’m sorry, been there. Remember change is good.

3 Likes

Just accept what he told you and give it some time. Then watch and listen without being noticeable. If there’s something going on it will come.out in the wash.

9 Likes

I would investigate a little farther. If it keeps bugging you & you can’t stop thinking about it, look at his phone records. At least it’ll give you a peace of mind. I’m a firm believer that women get that gut feeling when something isn’t right :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

It could be genuine that he has called her to make plans for your birthday. However, you need to decide on time frames ect. It is plausible?

6 Likes

What doesn’t come out in the wash…comes out in the rinse.

5 Likes

If you’re not going to leave him…stop digging. You are only hurting yourself.

5 Likes

She is not your friend .He is cheating on you.

4 Likes

Both of them said different things
Your life is in danger

5 Likes

I Mean there is a possibility he could be trying to surprise you or something, don’t put everything in one basket, before you are for sure something weird is going on…

19 Likes

That sounds legit. The birthday excuse. You know your partner, no one else here in the comments does. Hate to see you get it all wrong and end up in a bad place in your relationship

6 Likes

Perhaps he’s lying because he doesn’t want you knowing he spoke to her about your birthday? He could be planning a surprise? If your birthday comes and no surprise then yeah something is dodge!

7 Likes

Trust your instincts. Just trust it.

6 Likes

Only worry if its consist

1 Like

This is weird… is your husband not allowed to communicate with your friends?

This screams insecurity….

Some of these comments shewwwww….

Sounds like he really is trying to surprise you and you are jumping to conclusions. Especially with all of these comments above feeding into the bs

15 Likes

If it was a surprise why is he hiding and protective of his ph red flags

4 Likes

I guess the question is…when is your Birthday? Is it a big number birthday?
Does he typically surprise you on your birthday?

5 Likes

I’ve never checked recent calls on anyones phone and it would never occur to me to do so.
Why did you?

1 Like

Maybe your friend is telling the truth men can be useless at getting their woman presents for their birthdays and Christmas so he is asking of a female friend of yours to see if she has any idea to what you would like, what may not seem important to us and are grateful for whatever we receive as its the thought that counts but some men do actually want to get it right and not worry if you like it or not so to try and get it right he has asked your friend, if you don’t receive or get a surprise for your birthday that’s when I would start worrying so for now just put it to the back of your head

5 Likes

If you don’t get a surprise bday party then there’s something up lmao unless a party one phone call not many unless he’s having her grab the present

1 Like

Ask her what she told him🤣 then see if you get anything the same or similar haha

3 Likes

Maybe nobody is lieing and it really is about ur bday gift … dont be insecure . And hope for his sake its a great gift, lol

6 Likes

IDK, I personally see red flags but that’s just because I saw the same thing and a year later I found out they were sleeping together behind my back.

3 Likes

Not to sound insecure or negative but this same thing happened to me years ago before cell phones I had to find out by bits and pieces. He had a kid with my best friend. Then years later it happened to my daughter with her best friend and her boyfriend. I may be wrong but to me it is suspicious.

1 Like

Are you on the same phone plan? Fo online and it will list all calls and see how many times they call each other. If it’s just a few ok but if it’s alot be worried

3 Likes

I’ve spoken to a lot of my friends partners for birthday surprises and things as has my fiancé with mine.
Don’t worry unless there’s something to worry about and from what you’ve said there doesn’t seem to be

3 Likes

IMO they are both lying. Especially because now he won’t let you touch his phone. If he didn’t have something to hide he wouldn’t care.

9 Likes

Orrrrr they’re planning a surprise party and you’re blowing it?! :woman_shrugging:t3:

10 Likes

I call and text my best friend’s partner sometimes and my best friend calls/text my partner sometimes, personally it doesn’t bother us as we are all friends.

Why did you feel the need to check his call log?

2 Likes

Take his phone on him and put him in his room till he learns how to use it properly

6 Likes

Time to use your best friends phone saying you forget yours. Text your husband something like flirty like hey baby your girlfriend/wife left. If you think you can get ahold of her phone.

1 Like

My fiance and best friend talk all the time. Wouldn’t worry me at all :woman_shrugging: I feel like if your secure in the relationship and have open communication and trust, this wouldn’t be an issue

1 Like

If it’s close to your birthday then it sounds like they might actually be planning something. You put him on the spot and if he’s trying to plan something for your birthday he’s not gonna tell you he called her about it…

6 Likes

Why are you even worried about them talking?

Maybe they both have a surprise for your birthday and you going through his phone could ruin the surprise🤷🏻‍♀️

1 Like

First question is … when is ur birthday… and do you have any reason to not trust him or her…how many calls… how long was each call … I called my friend/ managers boyfriend thru Facebook messenger to ask him what her favorite flower and color was… I can tell you with 100000000% facts… I was not sleeping with him…

8 Likes