I found out my husband called my best friend

My best friends boyfriend & I have each other’s number. We all message each other like normal or whatever. It’s nothing weird or sneaky, but if this is new for you, trust your gut for sure!

2 Likes

He told you it was a butt dial he wanted to keep it a surprise.

I’m not letting you see his phone is definitely shady. Your exact situation is how I found out my ex was cheating on me. Borrowed his phone since it was sitting there and mine was dead. He flipped out over me doing that and that was red flag times 20 

1 Like

I think some of you don’t know the difference between a gut feeling and overthinking. Maybe your husband wants to surprise you for your birthday and wanted the person opinion who he thought would know what you’d like but maybe just maybe he wanted it to be a surprise. Then with the thought that they had talked you turned it into something it isn’t. I could be wrong but then so could you. Maybe he told you the buttdial excuse so you wouldn’t think he hadn’t thought of the gift himself. Maybe you’ve been through a situation that left you traumatized and now you are projecting past feelings. Gut feelings generally happen before you see some piece of information that cause you to over think and use your imagination to fill in the blanks. Not always but usually if it’s a gut feeling you’ve been feeling something was off, you didn’t mention a gut feeling before hand.

6 Likes

My best friends boyfriend has hit me up for gift advice lots of times.

1 Like

If it were me…I’d cut them both the hell off… something iffy

2 Likes

Idk try asking him? Open communication goes a long way vs snooping and jumping to conclusions on the internet

5 Likes

Why he had her number is a good question did you give it to him? But he could have called her to try and come up with the birthday gift idea and didn’t want to spoil it so he said he butt dialed her and she could have just said the truth. But I would definitely try and figure out if it’s been more than one call and how long the calls are or if they’ve been messaging each other often.

Idk, my husband has my best friends number and they talk frequently. She even helped him design my new wedding ring🤷🏻‍♀️ but mostly they talk about Halo or shit talk each other

If you hit the little " i " when you’re in recent right where their name is, it tells you how long the conversation was.

7 Likes
  • he won’t let you see his phone
    -there stories are already different

You know where this is going

13 Likes

I talk to my best friends boyfriend about stuff like this. He asks me for ideas for gifts or even just “she’s having a bad day, what do you think I can do to help” idk if that’s normal or not but if you trust your best friend I wouldn’t be concerned

3 Likes

What I don’t understand and finds very suspicious is the fact that he won’t let you touch his phone again if he’s not doing anything why is he so scared and worried plus when is your bday ??

10 Likes

He should not have her number at all IMO

3 Likes

My husband has one time to leave me wondering or questioning him and I’ll be gone because I don’t deserve that shit. And neither do you. Go with your gut feeling.

Maybe he’s trying to surprise you and called your friend to plan something out, don’t over assume so quick

3 Likes

Sounds like he’s trying to surprise you and you’re being insecure

6 Likes

They’re both lying. Get rid of both

3 Likes

Sometimes people create things in their head and make problems that don’t exist

5 Likes

They are both lying. She is not your best friend :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::skull::skull:

3 Likes

He could be planning something , is your birthday really coming up ? Do you trust your best friend ? ….

6 Likes

Maybe he doesn’t want you to know he asked her for ideas but she just told the truth because she didn’t want him to be in trouble. Group chat time!!

2 Likes

Maybe he is lying because he does have something plan for your birthday. This is your husband, you know him better than we do, is he a partner you can trust, has he give you reason not to trust him, and not everything has to result into cheating. Maybe he doesn’t want you in his phone because he’s in the process of planning some thing for you. Is your birthday around the corner?

10 Likes

When you feel there’s something not right and you can’t shake it then it’s probably best to go with your gut feeling because every time my husband did this to me I had a feeling and then I start searching until I find out the truth then I bring it to his attention. Finally this last time I didn’t cry and I didn’t fight with him and told him we are done and he needs to get out but since it was on thanksgiving day I let it go and enjoyed the day for the kids and family but I told him if he didn’t want to leave then he needs to stop and he did so far

1 Like

Either he is planning a surprise for you or cheating. Hopefully is the first. Wait till your birthday and if there isn’t a giant surprise that would merit planing with your friend, then look into it.

6 Likes

I get paid over $ 130 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 16249 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.
M0re Info. ===> https://incomeworkz132.netlify.app/

1 Like

Take it a grain of salt just keep ears and eyes open

1 Like

Yikesss. These do not pass the vibe check. I’ve 100% texted/called my husbands best friend, to see where he was, to ask about plans, to ask about gifts. Doesn’t mean I’m tryna fuck him :joy:

Oh gosh :woman_facepalming:t3: maybe he was actually trying to figure out what to get for your birthday.
My husband has done that plenty of times to plan a party for me & vice versa my friends calling/texting him asking what i might want for them to get me.

Clearly either your husband or friends did something for you to feel that way. Address that :joy:

9 Likes

Do you have a bday coming up?maybe he is trying to suprised you and made up the butt dialing thing? I wouldn’t let my husband near my phone during Christmas bc of all the text/emails confirmations of gifts I ordered.

Sounds like you have trust issues. My husband doesn’t have any of my friends numbers but if he reached out to them over fb or ig I wouldn’t think they were doing something behind my back. I trust my friends and mostly, I trust my husband.

7 Likes

What if he’s trying to propose and they’re planning it?

Sounds like you don’t trust him… so, is there a reason? Past indiscretions?

1 Like

After many years while going through a divorce, I found out my then husband, now ex, and my best friend from childhood were having an affair for years, I was so blind that I was actually letting my best friend come over and help me with house hold chores and paying her because she was going through a hard time financially… to only find out her and my husband were having sex. Mind boggling. I was basically paying my friend to screw my husband. I had a total nervous breakdown.

My husband & best friend are always messaging each other but its usually about my baby. I trust both of them 100% so its not weird at all to me, but it sounds like either you dont trust him or her. Either way, if it makes you feel uncomfortable they should understand but honestly by him not letting you touch his phone is fishy & sending red flags! I know a lot of ppl in relationships & theyre not allowed to have each other passwords. I dont like that

2 Likes

Or maybe you are getting ready to spoil a really thought out surprise, intended to make you happy :person_shrugging:

He lied because he doesn’t want you to know he’s planning a surprise & she told the truth because she didn’t want you mad, at least that’s how it sounds.

If he’s never been unfaithful, don’t put that crutch in your relationship without hard solid proof & that ain’t it girl.

9 Likes

I think they both lying

7 Likes

She is your best friend. If you feel like she is being shady and lying then trust your instincts. But if you think what she said could be true then be patient. Your birthday will come and if something big happens you know it was true. But if not then be cautious

My best friend tried to steel my husband

Liar liar pants on :fire:
If you are questioning it, you already know
They say watch out for your friends, you know who your Enemies are

1 Like

Well tbh my bestie contacted my husband about a shirt she made me for my birthday. I trust them both :100: and had no weird feelings or anything about it…so I’d say wait til your birthday and if you still get a vibe then it could be something.

1 Like

Maybe he wants the present to be a surprise?
Is there a past pattern of lying?

2 Likes

I’ve had friends’ husbands call me before to ask for gift ideas. They knew about it after the fact, but it wasn’t a big deal. I also have a friend’s husband I talk/text to on a regular basis because he’s in the field I’m currently studying. She’s usually there while we’re talking, but even if she wasn’t, she wouldn’t be concerned and one of us always mentions it to her. It just depends on the relationship everyone has with each other.

2 Likes

Maybe he is lying because he didn’t want you to know about him trying to find something for your birthday, my wife and I talk to each other’s friends all the time

3 Likes

Young one, he may have called her to ask about present- hung up- put it in his pocket - and butt dialed. UNLESS- you got a gut feeling - or something else. Did you happen to see how long the call was?

Maybe he’s trying to surprise you? That sounds like the most likely scenario here.

7 Likes

To be fair, that could have been his cover up so you didn’t know he was trying to surprise you with something. I have called my best friends husband to figure out something to get her. Also, if there was just one call doesn’t seem like anything else going on.

2 Likes

Could mean he’s either telling the truth and he has bad luck or he’s cheating with her. I guess you need to think about if he shows other signs of cheating.

2 Likes

Check your phone records and after your birthday
if the calls dont stop then you know something is happening
Check his phone when he is in the shower so he doesnt know you are looking
If he has added a password then he is hiding something
But if its only one call dont worry

5 Likes

He might not have wanted you to know so it would be a surprise. or maybe he felt guilty he didn’t have a good idea on his own for a gift :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Assume that they are innocent until proven guilty. It doesn’t mean that you have to be naive, actions speak louder than words. But, you can smile at them, say you trust them, and watch for their reactions. I trust God to make the right decisions for me. If there is a change coming, then it is for the best. Worrying and accusing can actually make things worse. With love in Christ…

4 Likes

Well if he wanted it to be more of a surprise I can understand his response. If neither of them have given you a reason for concern this far then you probably just screwed yourself. I’d laugh if they had a surprise party & he asks for a divorce then yells surprise. Yall bring this sh*t on yourself with your drama tactics & poor life choices. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

My bestie calls my hubs for yard help or whatever. It’s not a big deal to me.
However, if he was calling for your bday, why would he tell you that?
Do you really think something’s up or are you looking for trouble?

Check the phone records to see if it’s a common occurrence between them or just go block her number on his phone & see if he notices lol.
Personally for myself it wouldn’t be that big of a deal unless it was like a regular occurrence that I was not aware of at all.

1 Like

When is your birthday?

My first thought was bday. But I’m not a cheater so that’s not my first thought lol

1 Like

My bf messaged my friend about a bag he wanted to buy me.
It’s really normal! :heart:

Oh yes, somebody lyin’

Well, if I had done that, I would not have told you the truth either, for fear of destroying your faith in me to :pick: ck your presents

Do u drive how far dose this Friend live fr u is he ever late coming home fr work do some in vestagating but dont get caught

Maybe they are planning a surprise party . Trust is a 2 sided sword

4 Likes

I’m sorry

They have 2 different stories . Something up :100:

2 Likes

It is possible that he called her to ask about something for her birthday. If she doesn’t get something special then she might talk to her BEST friend.

Bit of a jump don’t you think :thinking:. If you don’t trust your husband then you really do have issues and if you don’t trust your BFF either then ummm that’s really bad. Is it you or both of them… don’t accuse unless you have facts, maybe they are trying to surprise you. If it was supposed to be a surprise I’m sure your husband is hurt and your friendship is not as it was. This stuff happens for sure but you kinda went for the throat with no real proof. Maybe you should of just observed for a while to be sure before bringing out your claws so fast. If they aren’t doing anything wrong, shame on you, if they are, you just taught them to be more careful :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

If your friend hasn’t asked you what you want for your birthday and your birthday comes and goes and you don’t get a surprise party then ask to borrow his phone again if he says no that’s your answer.

6 Likes

My best friend and husband communicate all the time because my friends, husband and I have a healthy relationship and I trust my husband and my friends. My husband contacted 2 of my best friends for my birthday last year to surprise me with them coming over (because I don’t see them often) and treated us to getting our nails done. They also snap eachother memes and gift ideas for things they think I would like.

I wouldn’t be upset if it was my hubby, because I trust both my husband and my best friend

My fiances best friend texted me today, nothing weird about it. And if he texted my best friend, I wouldn’t feel weird about it either. I’d actually like if they did that so everyone can be friends and we can all go out together

Could he of lied because he did t want you to know about the birthday present? Idk I trust my husband and my best friend :woman_shrugging:t2: but always trust your gut

4 Likes

Him not letting u look at his phone after u just saw something suspicious and have two different stories I’d think they are hiding something, they shouldn’t be doing otherwise it wouldn’t be a big deal to tell the truth if it was innocent.

I’m sure it’s a surprise for your birthday. He’s not lying if it’s a secret to surprise you with. Wait until your birthday comes and goes and I’m sure it will make sense then. If you still feel things are off and there is no planning or event they worked on together for a party etc. Then I would start asking questions and go on detective mode.

1 Like

My best friends husband is just as much my friend as she is. We text often, send new songs we find to each other, whatever. I don’t hide it though, and she can have my phone/history whenever she wants.

Maybe they’re really just talking about your birthday. That’s exactly the reason i asked for his number. But she knows about it.

I would definitely be cautious from now on but it doesn’t necessarily mean he’s cheating. :woman_shrugging:t3:

I think they are both lying.

1 Like

When is your birthday

I don’t think it’s weird I think your insecure . :woman_shrugging:t3:

Is your birthday coming up? If so no worries. If not…… then I might be a bit more concerned.

I wouldn’t care, but the fact you do means something! If you feel something is wrong then address it.

Sounds fishy girl! I wouldn’t trust nothing. He’s lying saying he butt dialed her and she’ could definitely be lying. Please check ur phone records

I mean…he probably lied because he didn’t want you to know he was shopping for a gift. Ya know, like a surprise…?
You’re reaching though frfr.
Just chill tf out unless you find something thats CLEARLY concerning.
Then address it.
The thought probably never crossed his mind to.hit you’re from up that way…but now he has…

How long was the call???

If my husband called my best friend and she said it was for my birthday I’d believe her. I trust my best friend with my life. She’d never betray me. I’m not married but I’d hope my future husband would be trust worthy. But no matter what a true best friend wouldn’t betray you. I 100% believe I could leave any man I’m dating or married too on a desert island with my man for a year or longer and she’d never cross a line.

Are you guys not on the same cell phone plan? If you’re feeling uneasy, look at his phone records & see if he has been frequently calling or texting her! Things can be deleted off his phone, but not off his phone record. But if he is trying to surprise you for your birthday, maybe he was worried you’ll look at his web browser & see what he is getting you. The phone records will give you your answer!

1 Like

Both would be dead to me.

Maybe he wanted it to be a surprise…