I found tarot cards in my daughters room: Advice?

She will likely never trust you again so do with that what you will.

2 Likes

It’s just cards and rocks ffs

4 Likes

Leave her be. It’s not the devil. Besides it’s her life. She’s not hurting anyone. Eventually she’ll be grown.

3 Likes

Crystals and tarot have zero to do with Satanism. You can talk to your daughter and ask her about her interests and beliefs and then explain it with hubby so he doesn’t jump to conclusions.
My daughter is a Christian but has interests in crystals, cards etc as well.

10 Likes

Let her choose her own path …

6 Likes

Tell her to hide her stuff better. What Dad doesn’t know won’t hurt him.

2 Likes

If he is going to.be a jerk about it I wouldnt tell him anything. Religion has destroyed many good people

6 Likes

Her dad is a pastor. She’s likely a teenager. Let the rebellion run its course. Better than doing drugs and having sex like a lot of teens. I’d be relieved at finding some crystals and cards :joy: Talk to her about it if it eases your mind. I would find it too trivial to talk to dad about … but that’s me. We’re both open minded and not religious though.

Dreading teenage years and loving having a toddler :heart: :laughing: That’s all I can say.

Don’t ruin your daughter’s trust over religion. :woman_shrugging:t3:

10 Likes

In my personal opinion you need to quit snooping and let your daughter be great :ok_hand:

12 Likes

Absolutely nothing to do with devil. Astrology and that’s to do with stars

5 Likes

Give her some privacy he chose to be a pastor she chose to be interest in tarot cards
I had them j was younger and I honestly think I only looked at them for a day

2 Likes

I respect that he’s a pastor…but your daughter is her own person. She has a right to choose her own faith. Regardless if you/hubby agrees with her decision or not…it is HER decision and her decision ALONE to make. You can love her and respect her without sharing the same beliefs she does. Respect works both ways. I’m NOT 1 for keeping secrets in a marriage but I think maybe you should talk to your child 1st. Then maybe together you two can approach him and say you want to discuss that she has the right to make her own decisions (religious decisions included) and that your love is unconditional. Then you could hopefully open up a healthy dialogue.

5 Likes

Leave her alone and if he finds out out you stand tall for your daughter

10 Likes

Rhian Louise Remember when I told you that these Mom groups are full of crazy Mothers being judgmental, stuck up and downright dog poo?
Well, here’s a prime example of the utter garbage :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I would sit down and talk to her about it and see where here state of mind is with it someone could of just gave it to her or she could be really interested in it it’s just like astrology people mistake it for devil worshiping when using wrong it could be but I’m sure she is just testing the waters but just talk to her…

1 Like

She could be doing so much worse leave her be

2 Likes

I am a Christian, I believe in God, I pray everyday multiple times a day and I also own a few decks of tarot cards and I collect crystals. There is zero wrong with it! Leave her be!

19 Likes

Put them back where you found them and leave them be. Telling her dad you know its going to get ugly, taking them from her or confronting her will only push her more into it and farther away from you guys. She isn’t hurting anyone exploring and learning different things and beliefs then what you guys have. If your really that bothered take her out one day and open the conversation in a healthy, safe way, if she doesn’t bite back make sure she knows the door of communication is always open with you.

Let her be, I believe in my divine creator and was into this stuff, plus proper witchy stuff when I was a child. My grandmother is a godly woman, so is her husband, he’s a preacher pastor person at a church. Your husband won’t judge as he should know god loves all his children, even those finding their paths. You don’t have to go to church or pray to believe in and love the place your soul came from and goes to after death and nobody in this realm should tell you how to love our creator, especially not a parent and especially not a disciple

4 Likes

Pray over her! And pray for her! People are using them now a days on TIKTOK to make money and it’s all fake!!!

9 Likes

leave her be just keep it to yourself

My parents raised us in a Pentecostal environment. My 19 yr old opened up to me at 16 saying he doesn’t believe in God nor religion. I didn’t get mad and I respected what he believed in.

Apparently you n dad dont have her trust. Thats the first factor yall need to address between you n dad, then as a family. Surely this kinda thing wont be easy for your family or your social surroundings regardless of what alot of the people in these comments may believe. Its not that simple but hey as long as she aint a bad person its all Gucci. Be careful how y’all handle stuff. Negative energy might cause her to act out in a number of different ways that may be detrimental to her health or safety or harmful to yalls reputation. Hope all goes well!

1 Like

Angela Ucci i saw this & felt like you might have some input here that could help the person who posted or potentially anyone reading the comments in general

Let her do her thing & love her for who she is !!

3 Likes

Just leave it alone, unless your child is incapable of putting away her own laundry because she’s too young then stay out of her room, however I am guessing by the fact that she has managed to get these items she is at least a teenager. Tarot cards and crystals have 0 to do with the devil, maybe you and your husband need to educate yourselves

23 Likes

Let her be, 1 she found her path or 2 she’ll grow out of it. But let that be her decision you don’t want her doing anything just out of spite

2 Likes

Mind your religion. & I say this with the MOST respect. She has obviously grown up with your religion and has chosen to delve into something else. For whatever reason it is her choice, so please let HER make it.

7 Likes

You see videos of people who are playing with with Ouiji boards because they are bored of Monopoly. The human mind has an incredible ability to be tricked into “feeling” things that aren’t there with the power of suggestion, just by setting the scene. There’s always one jokester in a group who thinks it’s funny to kick the table and make everyone think that it’s an angry spirit! Seriously, the ones who think it’s hilarious that they are terrifying people. “Haha, they’re so stupid and gullible” they think to themselves. Anyway, people are just curious about if tarot cards, crystals and other things “work”. How else can you make up your mind?

1 Like

Let her know what you found. Let her know you support her right to choose what to learn about. Ask questions. Do research.
You can’t truly be supportive of her if you are lying by omission that you are aware of her interests.

9 Likes

They’re just crystals, not crystal meth :joy::woman_facepalming: she isn’t practicing witch craft in her room with them. Unless you also found a ouija board in her room as well while you were invading her privacy, I would just leave it alone and be proud that she is taking an interest in learning about astrology and crystals.

11 Likes

You need to look in the bible as crystals are mentioned as precious stone . There are some bible verses in Job 28.19, proverbs 8.11 that speak of crystals . Tarot cards are just magical cards and have messages just like the bible has messages . It is what wants to believe .

14 Likes

If you make the wrong decision here - you can permanent loose your daughters trust … and if your husband really is to the extreme - loose your daughter forever. Over what? What is really a few rocks and printed card.

Anything and everything can have a negative connotation of someone tries hard enough to look for it.

5 Likes

Look at your daughter’s social media it’s a huge problem with parents these days

2 Likes

:upside_down_face: Absolutely don’t say shit to him and continue to love and support her.

Hit her up for a free reading and chakra cleansing

2 Likes

I would just leave it alone. I had tarot cards when I was 17 and I am fine. I am still God believing and found my way. Its the equivalent of reading your horoscope on an astrology website just a little more in depth. I just liked the artwork on the cards and found them interesting. If she really wanted to she could do the same thing with a deck of regular playing cards and you would never know.

2 Likes

Are you only worried because those crystals prove that your God doesn’t exist?

6 Likes

Just leave it alone. I grew up in church, and I hardly ever go now. There’s just some things I don’t believe in, it was forced on me growing up. If someone can turn “wine into water”, what’s so different from her believing in other things.

1 Like

Let her do her thing. Is this really that serious?? And before you say yes…look for concrete factual evidence of your “beliefs” versus hers. No? It’s your belief. Leave her be.

3 Likes

Embrace and support her

My daughter has crystals, tarot/oracle cards, and herbs. She also has an alter to the god/goddess she prays to and so do I. She expressed interest in them because she seen mine so I got her her own. There is nothing wrong with her finding her own religion. Do not force yours or your husband’s on her. Let her be her own person and make her own decisions when it comes to that. Just support her as a parent should.

3 Likes

Please just leave it alone.

2 Likes

The more and more I view comments on post in this group the more and more and think ‘wtf, do people this naive really exist?’ :woman_facepalming:t3:

My daughters 13 and into crystals, god I even buy them for her. What harm do they really do?! Some of you seriously need to get a grip and open your mind up more

12 Likes

The real question here is:

I found rocks & cards in my daughters room should I completely ruin the trust she has in me as her mother & tell her father because it goes against HIS RELIGIOUS BELIEFS??

If she’s not hurting herself or others, is it really this big of a fuss? She probably didn’t tell y’all about the items to begin with because she was scared of the reactions she was going to get? Truthfully religion is something you have to believe in for yourself & not scared or forced into because the “devil getting her”

I grew up in a religious household where as my husband did not so we don’t share the same beliefs, my religion wasn’t something that was forced onto me it was something I chose for myself. I pray for my husband but it’s not my job to force him into believing something he doesn’t believe in, it’s my job to teach him about God & pray for him & that’s what we do! Our daughters will have the choice to choose their own paths as well💗

8 Likes

People are allowed to draw their own conclusions of life / the universe. His made his mind up . Let her make hers up .

3 Likes

I’d let her know that you know, so if she has any questions or anything, it’s not like she’s dabbling on her own with a Ouija board, and it’s only a lie if he asks and you don’t tell lol so just say nothing Untill he ever asks :raised_hands:t3:

Let her do her thing. And be an amazing mom and buy her a box or chest to hold those things…

1 Like

Look, religion was forced on me growing up and now that I have free will to practice whatever I may please and do my research on said religion or subject, it’s not bad. The crystals, beautiful earth stones. The tarot cards? Have her give you a reading. Don’t be close minded about it. Support your child with whatever path she chooses spiritually or religiously, it doesn’t mean you have to agree with it but a bit of support and having her back goes a long way!

There is nothing wrong with crystals, they earth us. Each person has a crystal which they choose, we were crystals and I am a Christian.

1 Like

Why are u with someone who wouldn’t allow ur child to have their own religious beliefs is the real question here

7 Likes

She’s finding her path and tarot cards and crystals aren’t about demons and hell. You should read about chakra cleaning and what tarot cards really are and crystals. Crystals protect and heal. Leave it be she’s not doing anything wrong. And even if her dad is a pastor he needs to put that aside when raising his child. Allow her to be her and as long as she’s exploring like this let it be. She could be doing drugs or drinking alcohol. Smh

2 Likes

You found it on accident, while in her room, so telling her dad would be a massive breach of privacy. Personally I would say nothing but be quietly supportive.

6 Likes

Cool let her do her thing, of her father has an issue with it he can just buckle up and zip it.

3 Likes

Did you know you can also get angel cards ?

I kinda feel sorry for the daughter here - I’d hate to grow up trapped into anything And having to hide

Maybe tell her if she has things she doesn’t want you to find then tidy her own room :laughing: how old is she and why are you doing it anyway ?

5 Likes

Leave her alone and don’t tell anyone

5 Likes

Mind your business! It isn’t drugs or a weapon.

6 Likes

Mind your own business

2 Likes

Keep it to yourself, hell buy her more crystals and candles. Show her you support her. The father can figure it out in his own time

9 Likes

If he doesn’t ask don’t tell.:woman_shrugging:t2:

First, ask your daughter about it. Don’t talk at her. Speak with her. Allow her privacy if she doesn’t want her dad to know. We all have to find our way in this world. I’m an atheist but if I found a Bible in my daughters room I wouldn’t judge her or make a big deal of it. It’s really ok. There are non religious mom groups you can join that may give you more perspective and show you that even if her path doesn’t look like yours or your husbands that’s ok. As her mothers she needs your love and support. I know that you said you don’t like keeping secrets from your husband but as moms it’s our job to be there for our children and it sounds like she may need you to keep this private. I personally don’t believe in all the tarot card and crystal stuff but I have friends that do and I can tell you they aren’t “evil” people. It seems more like something that helps give them peace and understanding of the world. Similar to how you may feel peace and understanding from your religion. Again, we all have to find our way. I can understand that it may worry you but again give her room to speak and give her room to grow. She’s going to be ok.

20 Likes

All young girls love that type of thing. It won’t change her religion whether you believe that or not.

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with any of that imo. How could you believe in spirits, satan, God, the holy ghost yet not believe other spirits are out there as well? Guardian angels and such also. Even when you pray it’s communicating with a “being.” Crystals are natural, they come from the Earth which God created right? I understand the “witchcraft” way of thinking but honestly it’s not like that, it’s not devil worship. Some people take it there yes, but it’s actually very simple. Even when you light a candle on a birthday cake and “make a wish” then blow it out, it’s the pretty much the same thing. Wishing on a shooting star or blowing out a dandelion, it’s all the same. If you decide to talk to her don’t be too harsh. We incorporate the simplest magic into our everyday lives and don’t even realize it. But it sounds like she knows and wanted to know more. Be supportive and maybe do a little research to put your mind at ease. :heart:

It has nothing to do with the devil, how warped.
And some pastors are the biggest biggots in the world!!!

7 Likes

How old is she? Have u done any research or better yet ask her what she likes about it and what the different crystals do? Unless u was snooping she knows u seen them.

Buy her more crystals. They’re a great collection n study!! It’s a positive thing!!!

4 Likes

Why would he think these are of the devil?? I’m so confused by that statement

5 Likes

How old is the daughter??

My daughter has all these things lol

1 Like

Leave her be, and if her father finds out and wants to be litter her beliefs and replace them with his own, leave him. Do not stay with someone who can’t accept your child.

5 Likes

Leave her alone. It’s not bad or negative behavior… This question is insane to me… And shame on your husband for thinking that about this. Sounds like he needs some education…

4 Likes

Have you considered working with your individual therapist to develop some maturity?

5 Likes

The fact that you refer to her having crystals and tarot cards as “choosing her path” is very concerning…

1 Like

Honestly, it’s most likely a fad type of thing, a phase or whatever because most young kids these days treat it as a trend instead of a way of life. Just casually ask her if ur interested in her intentions with them and keep it between you and her.

I would sit down with her and find out how into this stuff she is. In the Bible, the gift of prophecy is revered. It is a gift of spirit which is to be prayed for and sought after. It is to be done for the glory of God. The use of Tarot cards is somewhat different. They are used for divining… which is fortune telling. This is different. It is forbidden by the Bible. As far as crystals, there are those who believe that crystals and gemstones have healing properties. I don’t see anything wrong with that as long as they are not used for divining. Healing is also considered a spiritual gift. Jesus used mud to restore the sight of a blind man. God created healing plants and herbs to heal the sick. And since the body has electrical impulses at work in the heart and brain, and crystals are at work in watches to boost energy, it stands to reason that crystals and gemstones may have some mild stimulative effect on the body as well. But I’m against the use of anything for divining, just as I would be against the use of a Ouija board.

3 Likes

Oh dear, the sky is gonna fall…Cheezuz…Respect that she is making her own choices…just because Dad chooses to be a pastor, doesn’t mean she has to follow…Tarot and crystals never killed anyone…

4 Likes

Send me an address I’ll get the girl and ouiji board

3 Likes

Give her her privacy. If it were drugs or something serious I’d be all for telling him. But since he would be against something harmless I wouldn’t tell him.

3 Likes

Let her grow in her own way

1 Like

Sounds like he needs to get a grip and educate himself :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

So I don’t care if anyone agrees with me or not. Im not bashing anyone’s religion at all but I am going to state something I seen with some people who follow specific religious paths and how they act. Dont get me wrong everyone doesn’t do it but there are some people who do act this way when it comes to religion.

Its best to let her follow her own religious path and not force ur beliefs or religion on her just because its what u follow or believe in. Thats only going to make her unhappy and alot of the times thats why people don’t go to church or stop following a religious path all together because their family or others force their personal beliefs on them instead of allowing them to choose their own path. She could still have same belief and use those or she could be onto following a different path of religion. In all honesty that’s an older religious path than most other religions who use those but not saying that others don’t use them as well. People view it as evil because its a polytheistic religion which means they worship and follow a religion outside the main world religions such as Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. Example ancient greeks was a polytheistic religion. Just because they follow a path that is out of the normal 3 does not mean they are devil worshipping or worshipping evil and calling on Demons like people tend to think all cuz its different. Christianity, catholics and some others like to believe their religion is only the right religion and no one else’s and thats not the case different cultures and people worship different religions. Another example one God but yet father son and holy spirit meaning 3 holy trinity right or many different names for the God. Same as mother Mary many names for her thats those main religions version of gods and goddesses but they are a monotheistic religion meaning one where the other religions are polytheistic meaning more than one but doesn’t mean their religion is wrong or an abomination. No different gods and goddesses the gods for the father of their religion and goddesses for the mother of their religion. U look for guidance from ur religion through prayer pretty much the same thing except they are looking for guidance in helping themselves rather than their deity to do it for them or to make it better. Do research none of that is bad or evil. Everyone wants to look down on those who follow different religious paths because they don’t understand it so they call it evil when its not. In all actuality the intentions are the same with all religions just in a different way is all and I cant express that enough. Pagans aren’t evil or devil worshiping its an old religious path long before other religions. Another side note but Christian holidays are derived from pagans they just placed their own twist on it. Just like Christians in the old days tried forcing pagans to either convert or be killed because they felt their way of religion was the only right way. Bet u didn’t know that either. Like I said u have monotheistic religious paths and u have polytheistic religious paths none are evil they are just different in their own way but also still basically the same. Research goes a long way just support her as she tries and figure out what religion she wants to follow. Not sure what religion u are but example say its Christian, catholic or Baptist just because that’s the path u follow religiously doesn’t mean she has to because u do just like she doesn’t have to believe in what u do. People need to learn to be more open minded when it comes to religion and not force it on others and they need to realize there is more than one different religion out there that there is not just one religion. My mom wanted me to have my kids baptized catholic because I was as a kid and I told her I wasn’t going to do that. I follow my own path as does my husband and we don’t talk religion in my house if they ask questions we give them answers but we don’t influence them because we want our kids to choose their own path when they decide im not going to make them follow what we do or what anyone else in the family does cuz thats our beliefs and may not be my kids belief or what they feel is right religious path for them. I feel more parents need to do that because nothing should be forced when it comes to religion they need to personally feel right with that religion for them to live their happy life. If they don’t feel right with that religion as they follow or are forced to follow then they won’t be happy or live a happy religious life.

6 Likes

It’s none of either of yours business and if her father is that controlling you have bigger issues

2 Likes

I have tarot, Gypsy fortune telling cards and cards of alchemy. I read books on Wiccan religions ect. Just because you or your husband practice one religion does not mean you have to stunt her learning of others. It is not devil worship or anything like that. Let her be. Unless she is harming herself or others really it is not a big deal. She is fine in doing what she is doing. Let her grow. She may not pick your religion but she is a free thinking human exercising her brain to other things. She’s not hurting anything.

4 Likes

It’s crystals and tarot cards not a Ouija board and pentagram. Let her be

1 Like

Let her be herself! You support your husband, do the same with your daughter, that’s her journey, not yours. :white_heart::white_heart:

2 Likes

Oh no, not a pastor trying to control the narrative. :roll_eyes: Educate yourselves. Sounds like she’s into spirituality. These two things making you belive she’s “choosing this path” seems very judgmental, I’d say just have a non degrading conversation with her but I’m not sure you and your husband are capable of that without using your religion to demonize her or what she believes. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

You do know of all the pagan practices that were adopted by the “church” to make Christianity more inviting to the pagan population? So chances are you are practicing pagan rituals rebranded as of “Christian” importance, for instance Jesus’s birthday was likely NOT in December. The church grabbed onto the date that correlated with the winter solstice. This all historically proven.

6 Likes

Please don’t say a word. I’m assuming she’s been raised following your religion and is either interested in or believes in something different and because it is not unsafe I would support her.

2 Likes

Seriously is this even a question right now smh ok than this is why I’m in FB jail

2 Likes

Let her do her own thing, she shouldn’t be treated badly for practicing as long as it’s not dark

Just because she has them don’t mean she isn’t a Christian and don’t mean she is a devil worshiper smh some people I swear this is why I refuse to go to church because y’all judgemental af

8 Likes

Leave her be. I wouldn’t say anything to him. If he finds out on his own he finds out. Just let her know to put things away better.

1 Like

Mamas Uncut I sent in a question back in April and never once did y’all post it or respond to me thanks for not caring

2 Likes

Let her live, I go to church and have crystals all over my house and I have tarot cards.

2 Likes

Leave her alone . Let her be who she is

1 Like

It is none of your business…nor her dad’s. Honesty

4 Likes

l Get paid over $134 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16589 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarWorth952.pages.dev/

Have girl code, tell her you found it and to be discreet because of dad and let her live her best spiritual life.

1 Like

After leaving my previous job 6 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer job for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $18979… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://SmartWork9.pages.dev