I got an email my husband booked a hotel...advice?

I’m needing advice on how to handle a situation. My husband and I have been married for almost 5 years. We have had our ups and downs but recently things have been going really well. I recently logged into our Hulu and somehow it added his gmail account to my gmail app. I wasn’t going to keep the email in my phone until I saw an email come in for a hotel room he booked( this was at the beginning of January) and he said nothing about it. I kind of shrugged it off explaining it away in my head. Then he booked the same hotel again at the end of January but then canceled it. BUT when he booked the hotel he said he had to go into work early that morning and when he canceled he said his job changed their mind. :smirk: This past Thursday he booked the hotel again, and I just so happened to be going out of town for the weekend to my mothers, and he got an email that he checked out. I’m kind of going crazy thinking he is cheating but I’m just wanting advice on how you all might handle this situation?

162 Likes

Get your ducks in a row, have a plan for your exit before you confront him. Make sure you are ready to go and ready for retaliation. Best of luck.

252 Likes

There’s absolutely zero reason in this world your husband should be booking a hotel room without you knowing. If it’s for work, you should know. If it’s for a guys night out, you should know, if it’s for alone time, you should know. The fact that you don’t is a huge red flag. My husband & I talk about everything. I don’t even spend money at the dollar store without running it by him. And it’s not because we control each other, it’s because we are a team & decisions we make affect more than just ourselves. I would just ask him. If he tells you the truth or not is up to him. But you’ll drive yourself crazy if you don’t. Obviously most people’s first thought reading that, is he’s without a doubt having an affair.

336 Likes

I would wait until you see another email that he booked a hotel room then be sneaky and follow him to the hotel and catch him red handed

318 Likes

I’d make a surprise visit!

Ask him for an explanation for starters! If you don’t get what you want wait outside the hotel next time he books it! The essence of surprise is always the greatest!

1 Like

I’d most definitely show up to the hotel when it’s booked again

104 Likes

I’d call him out on all of it!

I would straight up confront him. Either he will lie or tell the truth, but either way you’ll find out.

Next time wait until you know he’s there and go up there ask for the his room # and confront him

Maybe it’s for you two. I’ve done that for a surprise

2 Likes

I’d personally go to hotel and see for myself

105 Likes

I would wait until you get a booking confirmation again and I would show up there

2 Likes

Come on - what does your gut say - you know the time & place - if you have questions go find the answer- BUT make sure you are ready for the answer- be prepared and do it. It’s your life and being married you deserve the respect of what is really going on.

8 Likes

Um, yeah… there would be reason to be concerned! If it were me, I would go to that particular hotel and start digging up the details from them. They should have footage on a security camera showing every person who enters the hotel lobby and also on the floors where the rooms are! Yep, definitely start asking questions! Don’t wait!

1 Like

Sit on it a little longer save these emails, the next time he books go there wait and watch build your case don’t jump to fast the more ammo the better .

1 Like

I’d show up at the hotel lol

79 Likes

Turn up to the next booking to surprise him :smirk:

2 Likes

Ask him straight up. Tell him how it looks and how you’re feeling insecure about the whole situation. Be up front.

1 Like

Same as Others have said I’d say I’m Going to My Mother’s for the weekend and wait and see if He Books a Hotel and Go and Sit and Wait and Watch and Record Everything and if it’s Happening I’d wait a few then knock on the Door…

7 Likes

I would tell him your going to your mom’s this weekend again and see if he books another room at the hotel. Then plan to be on the look out and confront and not actually go to your mom’s. I’d want to get this going as soon as possible so it doesn’t eat at you until he does it again.

53 Likes

You have Every right to question! I wouldn’t jump to conclusions. But if you get a email when he’s there. I’d go and confront him. Catch him in the act. Whatever that may be! I’m gonna be honest though, from what I’ve read. Doesn’t sound too good. But try and give him the benefit of the doubt.

22 Likes

Does his job require a hotel room?

1 Like

I’d definitely be showing up at said hotel.

I would go to the hotel and wait for him.

3 Likes

I’d definitely question him on it.

3 Likes

I do not confront without proof, I’m too easy to persuade that I’m overthinking and they just get better at hiding it. I also need proof as closure before letting a relationship go. I would tread lightly for now and get finances in order. I’d be showing up at one of these hotel bookings, he can’t deny if caught in the act.

38 Likes

Pretend you are going out of town in a few weeks see if he books it again I would have to know be waiting outside so you can see for yourself

4 Likes

wait to next time he go u go to get room he in. then u have all u one mind clear

Does it give you room info? I’d be showing up lol

6 Likes

Girl the obvious answer is to go to the hotel on the days he booked and find out. You need to know and whether you choose to confront him is up to you or if you choose to keep that knowledge and just bow out of the marriage on your own terms. But that’s the most solid way to find out

5 Likes

like everyone else said, you pretty much already know, so just wait till he does it again then catch him in the act that why he can’t lie and backtrack!

1 Like

What’s he saying when he’s staying there? As in you know he ain’t home?

Jessie Blee just drive there and confront him!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I would say your going away to your mums on x date … leave on good terms and wait for the confirmation of hotel to come through and confront him . Sounds fishy too me :upside_down_face::broken_heart:

Wait to see if he book again and show up .That way you can find out what you need to know

1 Like

Hire an investigator and get your information. If you choose to leave it’ll help you in the divorce and you’ll have a bit of the upper hand. Having the investigator will give you what you need without letting him know you know giving you time to process and get your next move planned.

1 Like

I would start getting ready for the fall out to start with… havs somewhere to go, have money set aside and stay quite for now because there is 0 reason your husband would book a hotel without your knowledge. I’d take screen shots of all of the previous bookings too. ( especially if it ends In divorce to cover your bases)
Then I’d plan a trip somewhere for " self care" or to vist your mom and see if he books a room… then I’d book a room at the same hotel and wait for him in the lobby… and show up with the screenshots.
Or I’d just take his pic to the hotel and ask the clerk how much of a regular he is, and you wanted to make sure this was his go to spot to set up a romatic weekend for him. Lmao I’m petty though.

1 Like

You aren’t going crazy.
First I would secure your plan of how you will exit the relationship so your are stable to move on once you approach him. Then next time he books, book in to or show up to the hotel lobby. For added affect have divorce papers in hand :tipping_hand_woman:t2: grieve the betrayal then go live your best life :clap:t2:

3 Likes

Show up there and find out

I’d go to the hotel, oh wait, I did do that and the ending was exactly what you’re fearing. Head on with this one.

19 Likes

Did you ask him why ? show him and confront him…

Show up to the hotel :woman_shrugging:t2:

I would keep track of it all and like some others say, go to the hotel and catch him. That way there’s no way he can deny it or try to gaslight you.

6 Likes

Show up at the hotel don’t say anything before

He is cheating. Show up next time

Whatever you do ,make sure you are prepared for the worst scenario, before you confront.

37 Likes

Go up to the hotel next time he books .

Everyone is saying wait till the next time, girl you already know what’s happening.so catch him in the act and go home pack his clothes and throw them out the door and change your locks.

1 Like

Nope don’t confront him about it just yet. Wait until you get another email. Go to the hotel and catch him, then confront him. Good luck

9 Likes

Let him book again, and arrive a little earlier than him, grab the keys and sit at room waiting for him! Before, prepare yourself psychologically for a painful situation that has to be handled with a cold heart. Good luck

8 Likes

If you have to question it then you know follow him next room that’s booked order room service and be there when it shows up if he’s not enjoy the room service if he is well then that’s the last meal you hand him

1 Like

Id follow him or show up when he booked it and just watch…but trust your gut

I’d go to the hotel during the time he’s booked it for. Give them your name, tell them you are meeting your husband there but can’t reach him. They’ll probably direct you to his room :woman_shrugging:t4: Then there will be no explaining it away, you’ll have your answers. If they don’t, call him ask him where he is, and see what he says.

I’m with everyone else though, have your ducks in a row first. Don’t let him leave you high and dry as a result of his indiscretions (if any).

I will say you’re better than me. My husband simply searched for hotels one time(he works on the road but doesn’t generally get a hotel himself) and I questioned him about it immediately. :rofl: There would have not been a chance for a second time to occur. Lol if you’re married and need a hotel, your spouse should be aware of that. I can’t think of a single reason other than infidelity where booking a hotel without your spouse’s knowledge would be acceptable-a surprise is one thing, but that is generally a one time thing not multiple times.

You’re married. Ask him. Simple adulting done right

2 Likes

Next time he books it go there that’s the only way you’ll get the truth… And be done

1 Like

Show up to the hotel, get a room key and catch him in the act, by video. ( this way he none the wiser)If you do catch him then get divorced papers and wait for the second time. Try to stay cool as a cucumber in the meanwhile. Then wait and catch him in the act again then hand over the divorce papers telling him I know it’s been more than once this as happened. But who know maybe it really is a work thing changing their minds. I would asked him anything new at work and if he doesn’t tell you about the trip then something up. Best of luck

6 Likes

Personally I would let him book the hotel then show up there :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Go to the hotel while he’s there. You know what you’re going to find :pensive:

1 Like

Advice make sure you have a friend on standby. The feeling of not knowing and the realization are totally different and you’ll need the support.

2 Likes

Tell him you want a weekend get away at the same hotel and see if he does anything

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say anything because then he will know your onto him and hide it harder and better. Just show up after him get a room card and let yourself in. And then an update because we are here for you and invested.

3 Likes

When my husband has conferences for work they booked the hotel. What type of work does he do that he is booking hotel rooms?

5 Likes

Document and print everything. Become a detective and check anything you can think of that may prove all things shady. Get you some money together and a place to go before you confront. Be prepared for gaslighting, lying, trying to cover it up or make excuses, and maybe even blame you if he actually admits anything.
Make sure you are ready for whatever comes after confrontation. Good or bad. Good luck sis

2 Likes

The fact you’re reading his email rather than discussing it with him or leaving is wild. If I was under the impression my husband was cheating, which is what you’re insinuating, I definitely would not be writing random questions to Facebook pages. Have you ever seen Snapped, sis? Get angry and stand up for yourself. There are certain things you just shouldn’t do. You matter. Love yewwwwww :sunglasses::revolving_hearts:

Ask him directly and calmly. Preface the question with “I have some information, but before I make any decisions, I need to get your side of this first.” And let him talk. Don’t give any more information other than you know how many times he has made the reservations and to where in the last month. Let him explain. Then make a decision. Don’t let him know how much you think you know, but be direct and discreet with your question.

3 Likes

I would wait til it says he’s going again, show up and leave a note on or in his car letting him know you were there…

1 Like

If it were me, I’d ask him straight up and show him the screenshots lmao I would not waste any time. That’s just me.

It’s called communication…ask him

I would hire a private investigator to collect evidence legally. Meanwhile, I’d discreetly get an escape plan in motion. And get yourself screened for STIs. He’s definitely cheating.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say anything… let him think you’re going out of town and then go to the hotel and let my self in the room and see whats going on… I think you already know but I would be sneaky and not say nothing to him

2 Likes

Would have to go and check it out myself. No way I could let that go. Before you do get all your important paperwork in one place. If possible put money aside. You can always move it back if it turns out to be nothing. Make a rational well thought out plan and stick to it if the worst happens. Emotions will try and get the best of you so stick to your plan. Your focus needs to be protecting yourself. This is a big red flag!!! Don’t shrug it off. I hope it’s nothing but if it’s something you (and your children if you have them) are your 1st priority. Don’t let him gaslight you. If he’s cheating YOU ARE THE VICTIM. This is his fault! Don’t let a cheater destroy you or your self worth! They’re not worth it!

2 Likes

I would flip my lid honestly sounds like he’s cheating they don’t get hotel rooms for no reason

When you log into Hulu, it does not add email accounts to other email accounts… so you must’ve added his email to your phone on purpose suspecting something. Trust your gut. I agree with what someone else suggested and next time he books it go there. Try to actually catch him doing something because if you just ask him… he will probably just have an excuse & you might believe him… Find it for sure

Girl…
Me and my closest girlfriends and my sister would be having a stake out. Binoculars, infrared cameras, disguises… we gonna catch him, get indisputable photo evidence and if he’s lucky he’ll only have to worry about losing everything in the divorce.

9 Likes

I would keep My mouth SHUT! Wait until he books again follow him to the Hotel WAIT for him to come in and have time to get to the room, Then go to the front desk with your ID and request YOUR key! Catch him Red handed. Having Undeniable Proof is what will make Alimony happen.

76 Likes

Man I would have asked him the first time. No reason he should be booking a hotel without you knowing or participating in staying in that room. The work thing would have made me interrogate him instantly.

1 Like

These questions aren’t for me. I’d act alright and then show up to the hotel :face_exhaling::face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

I would go and watch and observe before I took any action. Then get your ducks in a row before you share whatever information you may have. Maybe prepare your finances , see a lawyer, or whatever your heart says. Find a therapist for yourself. Either way it want hurt you to talk to someone. Be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. A witness is good too. I wish you the best.

6 Likes

Why don’t you just ask him

Booked so many times? What?

go to the hotel so he can’t make excuses even though you know most likely why… at first I thought it was a valentines day surprise possibly but as I kept reading there’s no way.

1 Like

I would just start preparing the divorce papers :woman_facepalming:t2:

7 Likes

it’s very obvious he’s cheating

Ask yourself

1. Should I confront him and he deny it, am I willing to go the extra mile and call the hotel to confirm the reservation?
  2. Will I go the extra mile and just show up at the hotel when it’s reserved or will I call the hotel and ask to be transferred to his room?
  3. Should he not deny it and he is in fact cheating, will I leave him?

I say that to say this, be prepared to find out what you’re scared to know. And know that whatever happens, the relationship will change forever.

2 Likes

He cheating. Or he has a child that you know nothing about and he is having visitation at the hotel to keep the child a secret. Time to be a detective and figure out what’s going on. Once you collect your evidence besides the hotel stuff then confront him and if he’s cheating confront him with the evidence and divorce papers and go stay with your mom for awhile.

I’d go and ask for the room number. Then I would knocky knock.

Also, make sure you print those out. Just in case he tries to delete or deny them.

4 Likes

Just straight up ask him who was that woman he was with at the hotel that night. If he says what the hell are you talking about tell him you have proof so no need to lie about it. You will be able to tell from his reaction if he is cheating (most likely he is).

1 Like

I’d keep it to myself, plan a trip “out of town” see if he books another room and if so I’d follow him. Give him time to get good and settle and go to the front desk and ask for a key. Be sure to record with your phone so you have evidence.

In the mean time, get everything lined up to leave his ssa.

Super easy. Ask him if he’s been to any hotels lately. His anwer will tell you where you need to go from there.

11 Likes

Confront him about it & ask him why he is booking hotels. It’s going to drive you insane sitting there wondering what is going on. You could also start saving money in the meantime & have a plan if needed.

1 Like

Hire someone (a friend/detective) to go sit and take pictures. Pictures don’t lie. Catch him in the act

7 Likes

I’d show up and be filming him answering the door. :tipping_hand_woman:
If this was your daughter, what would you tell her?

2 Likes

I would lie and act like I have to go back out of town for something and then show up at the hotel

Simple wait for him to book that shite again and meet him there …faaaark around and find out …as cole would say "fool me once shame on you fool me twice carnt put the blame on you fool me three times faark the peace sign LOAD THE CHOPPER LET IT RAIN ON YOU!!!

1 Like

The true question is once you get confirmation he’s cheating…what is your next move?

This is sketchy. I would not be able to stay quiet.

Make sure you have all available cash out of accounts and safes etc before you confront him. If you don’t he can freeze all accounts and you’ll have nothing to live on or to hire a lawyer. If it’s not him cheating, you can always put it back into accounts. Just be ready for all hell to break loose.

You can’t see the big red flag waving?