I have a friend dating a married man: Thoughts?

Hi everybody. I’m very concerned about my friend’s situation. My coworker and I met about three months ago at work, and she became my friend. So one day, she confessed that she has been " dating this married man" for almost three years now. He has a wife and a daughter. I was really upset and uncomfortable when she confessed this to me. I told her to break up with him immediately, and what she is doing is wrong. Sooner or later, she is gonna break that family in pieces. Every time that she wants to meet up with him in her apartment. I always try to invite her over to my house so we can watch a movie together or hang out, so she doesn’t have to see this man. I’m trying to push her away from him, but it is hard because she is not cooperating, and she doesn’t want to let go of this man at all. She considers herself a " religious person," but I don’t believe so. I told my husband about my friend’s situation, but he doesn’t want to comment about it, and he told me that she has to deal with it. What should I do? Should I stop hanging out with her? Should I try to help her and persuade her to get rid of that man? I’m just sad and upset that she is breaking a family, and my help isn’t enough.
#,general

54 Likes

If she was so religious then she wouldn’t be screwing a married man and you should cut ties before she screws your husband next

17 Likes

You do you and she does her. Simple as that🤷🏻‍♀️

7 Likes

It’s not your problem. It’s hers and his.

5 Likes

Personally I would at least keep her a safe distance away dont get to attached as a friend that is wrong on so many levels

2 Likes

It sucks for the wife and child but you can’t break up a happy home
HE took the wedding vows not her

14 Likes

Not your problem. either be her friend or don’t, but THAT isn’t your mess.

7 Likes

not your circus, not your monkey.

2 Likes

Keep out of it. It also wouldn’t be just her messing that family up I think the dude plays a major part of that. Just saying.

3 Likes

She doesn’t realize it but in the end she’s the one whose going to be hurt. It’s been 3 years and she hasn’t been enough for him to divorce his wife. He wants his cake and to eat it too and she’s being played a fool. I also think it’s wrong but it’s not my place to judge. Judge her on how she treats you as a friend.

7 Likes

You’ve known her 3 months and you’re this involved in her business? You have your own issues to work on.

6 Likes

She’s been seeing that man way longer than you’ve been friends. I would do my best not to get super close to her and let her do what she’s going to do. Maybe hang out every once in a while and let the story go?!
I’ve had friends do things I didn’t agree with. I just ignore that part of their life and enjoyed their company anyway. If it’s not something you can look past then move forward.

6 Likes

I always say doesn’t matter who they with as long it’s not your man lol

2 Likes

Tell her you want nothing to do with that situation.

Tell her it’s taking a toll on your mental health (stress) & that you have given your advice & she needs to make the right choice.

2 Likes

Stay out of it if you dont agree with it. Personally i wouldnt remain friends with someone who will do that- says alot about their morals.

5 Likes

Ask to meet him, get his info, find the wife and spill the beans. They’ll break up after that.

13 Likes

Just keep her away from your guy cause well its obvious she don’t care about anyone in a relationship

4 Likes

Stop trying to be captain save a hoe.

9 Likes

Unfortunately it’s not your business as bad as it sounds. If she’s happy being like that which I think she is if it’s been 3 years, then that’s on her.

2 Likes

she a hoe i have no respect for a homewreking bitch its one thing if he was lyin to her but the fact she knows tells you alot about herself an who to say she wouldt do that same thing to you an sorry to say people will judge you on who your friends are

Stay out of it otherwise your going to get hurt

2 Likes

Been in your shoes. Cut her off. My best friend made me question my husband because of her actions (if it’s so easy for her to find married men, who’s my husband talking to?) It’s toxic. Walk away and don’t look back.

6 Likes

She obviously has no moral compass and neither does the guy she is dating. You can’t tell her what to do as she will just dig her toes in harder. She can’t be that religious as she doesn’t seem to care that she is potentially destroying another woman’s life and the life of a child. She is not in this alone as this guy is quite happy to go on with things, which in my mind makes him an asshole. Up to you whether you keep this friendship or not but you can’t interfere as you are not judge and jury sadly.

Not your problem. Be careful. Your SO is NEXT!!

2 Likes

I’d cut ties with her. It could be YOUR husband shes having an affair with now or next. You dont need those type of people in your life. You need women you can trust. Any woman who takes pride in being the other woman is a deeply disturbed and disgusting individual.

12 Likes

Let her handle it. She knows it’s wrong.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be friends with someone who is like that. Just step back

4 Likes

Why are you still friends with her if this bugs you so much? You seem bored and too invested in her life. It will catch up with her, it always does. She will get her karma but I don’t think it’s anything you should concern yourself with.

4 Likes

I wouldnt bringing her over to your place too often she could try on your hubby im not saying hes like that but it would be uncomfortable for you both if you caught her out ,she wont give up this man 3years she probably has feelings for him and shes hoping he will leave his wife which i feel sorry for just dont get involved , i would be careful with her

1 Like

I would be her friend from a distance, shes too invested he won’t leave she won’t . His wife will finally get rid of his pig ass and guess what will still never commit to to the side chick . Seen this in Oprah lol don’t even bother karma has it uncontrol. You tried to help

Just stay out of it.

1 Like

If she’ll do that with someone’s else’s husband, Be carful because she will do it to your husband, Get rid of the Bi- - h

4 Likes

3 years is a long time , you need to let her deal with this, morally she might not be the friend for you. That’s ok.

Butt the fuck out already. It’s not all her fault for one - married men shouldn’t have girlfriends just as much as girls shouldn’t date married men.
If you disagree with it to this extent, then I seriously think you need to rethink being friends with her. Because you’re not being a very good friend by shoving your nose in her business like that. Let her know how you feel about it, and then move on.

Call the wife and give her the heads up. She deserves to know that her husband is a cheating douchbag. And of course I’d stop hanging out with her too.

5 Likes

Girl me and my husband have a daughter and he has a BAD history of cheating. What’s his name?

8 Likes

Clearly her values are different from yours. I’d be careful. You’ve expressed that you don’t believe it is wise for her to continue to see him and she’s brushed it off. I’d be civil, but keep my distance, if you try to stay close eventually your differences in morals will likely cause a huge falling out between the two of you with you getting hurt.

I would never bring her in my home! She would strictly be a work friend only period!

If she is a religious woman then she knows God wouldn’t send her another woman’s man

3 Likes

You should stay out of it. You barely even know this woman.

1 Like

Honestly not your business. And this husband deserves the karma that is coming to him- the family broke the moment he broke his vow to his wife. Best friend of yours just doesn’t respect herself enough to realize that she isn’t anymore special to a man who cheats.

6 Likes

Definitely don’t let her in your house or circle like that, she obviously doesn’t give two shits about boundaries. I would probably find a way to let that married woman know for sho

1 Like

She’s not breaking no damn relationship…he’s the one breaking his own relationship he’s the one in a commitment!!!

Oh hell no. If him and his wife were separated then whatever. But if they are in an active relationship, that’s messed up. Unless they are swingers and it’s mutual :woman_shrugging: lol

1 Like

I wouldn’t be involved with her, but that’s just me. I’m not comfortable with being around anyone who could KNOWINGLY cheat/be used to cheat wjth.
Honestly there probably isn’t anything you can do to stop it from happening, so if it’s too much for you then I just wouldn’t talk to her except at work from now on. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I damn sure wouldn’t invest more in the friendship, but at the end of the day she’s gonna do what she wants and it’s not really your business, I’m not a fan of drama so I’d just stay out of it. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Not your problem. Leave it alone.

2 Likes

Maybe he’s in an open relationship or is poly and she didn’t divulge that part when telling you since you freaked about her even being with him. Let her be

Tell the wife. Give her a heads up.
Cut ties with that girl. She’ll go after your man next. Trust, I know women like that. She’s not someone you wanna bring around your home.

4 Likes

It’s actually none of your business to interfere. This relationship will sort itself out in time. If you want to turn your back on her because of it, that’s your choice.

1 Like

Just be careful she doesn’t go after your man when this bloke finds a younger mistress. Sounds like she would open her legs to anyone. Hope the wife finds out and kick him out

3 Likes

It takes 2. Do you know the situation of the married man? Mayhap they’re open and wife is aware. Not saying that that’s the case - but I have a few friends - happily married with children but also happily seeing other people and both parties aware. Their Life. Their Choice. Some people just live differently to others.
If it bothers you that much - CUT✂️HER✂️OFF✂️

Why associate with trash? Girl elevate yourself and your circle

6 Likes

Your gestures of kindness are commended but sweetie this young lady has been this man’s mistress for 3yrs. and she’s not going to give that up for you or his family nor will he as far as that goes. If the whole truth be known the wife probably already knows but isn’t going to give up her family for the vixen that has invaded her life - if the wife doesn’t know or suspect her husband then she has got blinders on. This man may be promising your “friend” the world and that he is going to get a divorce etc. etc. but after 3yrs. of free hanky panky from her doubt that is going to happen anytime soon. Your “friend” may very well enjoy the fact that she can have her cake, ice cream and eat it too and never have to be in a commitment to receive all the delights that she is receiving in this dead end relationship. You may not like it but it is her life and trying to interfere with it could end you in hot water not only with her but your own family. Let dogs lay where they may - be a co-work,er, go to lunch together but at the end of the work day let her be where she wants to be in the arms of a married man and go home to and enjoy your faithful husband and thank God that he is home waiting to love you and only you - and the reason I say this is if you continue to try and fix your “friend” and neglecting your loved ones you could end up in the same boat as this other man’s wife is. Good luck and God Bless.

5 Likes

Stay in your lane and Stop judging her.

6 Likes

The cheating is on him, she hasn’t broken any promises to anybody, he is the one that has to answer to his wife, a true friend would just be there for her

2 Likes

You need to stay out of it and keep this homewrecking hoe awaybfor your hubby. She’s trash

6 Likes

How does she know she is breaking a family and that they aren’t polygamy?
Maybe the wife knows and consents? I feel like OP doesn’t know enough context to judge or be trying to push anyone away from anyone

1 Like

May not be your problem but I would never have someone in my family’s life with so little respect for herself or others. I would cut ties and tell her why. You are not judging her you just are not allowing it to effect your life.

2 Likes

I THINK I WOULD GO ON MY WAY AND LET HER PLAY OUT HER OWN GAME ,I wouldnt want to be drag into her kind of doing ,its not right.

2 Likes

Mind yo damn business.

If it’s not about you then it’s not your problem.

2 Likes

:grimacing: hey do you have a daughter? …but really unless its you…stay out of it

3 Likes

It’s none of your business who she dates. They’re both consenting adults so who why should it matter to you?

2 Likes

Why would you blame her? HE is breaking his vows and HIS family

1 Like

You should do nothing. Stay away from her. If she can do it with someone else’s husband she can do it with yours.

7 Likes

She doesn’t sounds like a good friend :pleading_face: that’s horrible next she will be trying to sleep with your husband for self worth I would just stop being close friends don’t be rude (you work together) but I would cut ties with her immediately

I’m going to state a few things.

1. I wouldn’t consider someone who I have only known 3 months a friend. Cutting her off after she “confessed” would have been the right thing to since it’s bothering you this bad.
  2. She isn’t wrecking a family he is, she is just contributing and adding to the world of horrible people.
  3. If this were me, I would try to reach out to the wife and let her know. You’d would want to know. She doesn’t deserve this.

P.S - Choose better friends!

39 Likes

Mind the business that pays you. That family is already broken, they are already in deep your opinion means nothing. You’re worrying yourself.

29 Likes

Ps for all you women who think this is ok we all die one day and you will have to explain your actions

14 Likes

He is breaking up his own family

10 Likes

Does it effect you and your family? No? Stay out of it

14 Likes

Introduce her to Jesus…and let her husband know…many knew about my husband’s affair…never let me know so I could try to resolve the discontent , often wondered if someone let me know ahead…I wouldn’t be divorced 30 yrs and him married to her…oh the pain is raw so hard …broken family raw…thankfully both my young adults have done well…

2 Likes

tell your friend your ho est thoughts and opinions about it but she’s a grown adult and he’s a grown adult, you can’t force them to act correctly especially when you are new to her life and this has been going on for a while… I would honestly reevaluate your friendship with her if it’s that big of a deal to you and put some distance between the 2 of you

2 Likes

its not up to you to do all that, u have already made ur feelings known but at the end of the day she gon do what she want to do and its NOTHING you can say or do… as a friend just be there for her in her good and bad times as she shld be for you

I would some how anonymously let the wife know. Disassociate yourself from her, people like her are not worth having around. How would you feel if she befriended you all along her being your husband’s mistress?? I saw my mom live that and it was painful.

3 Likes

Its really not your place to do anything…as much as this is a bad situation, you can’t fix this. You already expressed your opinion on this matter to her…its in her ball park to do something. As this point you need to decide if this is a person you want in your life.

1 Like

Ditch the bitch!!!
I wouldn’t hang out with a bitch like that.

She has to decide herself🙆

2 Likes

Your husband did not comment!! Tafakari ya babu…the mam could be him…

6 Likes

She didn’t break the family he did.

6 Likes

Mind yo own damn business

A grown woman not cooperating on you running her life? The nerve of her !!!

6 Likes

All you women on here saying stay out of it, mind your buisness etc are probably the same ones that’s screaming women stick together or would probably be mad that nobody told you about your husband cheating on you! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

17 Likes

I hope it’s not her husband

1 Like

Pray for her… AND for him and his family. Don’t pretend to be ok with it. She knows your opinion & concern already. Tell her you don’t want to hear about it or know what’s going on with them…but don’t judge. When she hits rock bottom she’s going to need a good Christian friend to help her reach out to God & let HIM pick her up so she will learn what He’s teaching her.

2 Likes

We choose friends that we are happy and proud to spend time with. We should not try to control or change people. What makes you think you have a right to tell her what to do? P.S I totally agree with you… hence I just wouldnt be friends with her. Quite simple.

1 Like

Am I the only one who thought this was going to be a way better story? I really thought the married man was going to be the husband of the person asking the question.

You are too invested in her problems. After knowing her only 3 months, she is not a close friend. And her morals seem to be the opposite of hers. Cut your Ties as quickly as possible. All your energy and effort should be in helping others that need and “welcome” your help. You seem to be someone who has a caring heart. Volunteer at a hospital or animal shelter. Your help would be needed there.

3 Likes

She is not breaking up a family, the husband who is cheating on his wife is doing that. Morrally what she is doing is wrong and she clearly had some self worth issues. Why anyone would want to be with someone that is not 110% with them is beyond me. But the husband is ruining his family not your friend. Funny how these religious people can preach one thing, yet act totally the opposite way. Let your friend life her life , at the end of the day it has nothing to do with you

2 Likes

For 1: she is not the one ruining the family. THE MARRIED MAN IS. Does she play a role in it? Yes, but she is not the sole one that would ruin a marriage!! STOP blaming the one not already in a relationship. For two: if you can’t get past this, stop being her friend. It is not your job to persuade her to “get rid of that man”. Obviously she doesn’t mind having the guilt of dating a married man on her mind, so why should you??

9 Likes

Honestly I would just say that isn’t something your comfortable with and say I would prefer to not be that close. You are the company you keep so if you keep the friendship you are saying your ok with it. You can’t make her break up with someone but you can say I won’t accept that type of behavior in a person by discontinuing that friendship.

3 Likes

Nothing u say or do will help her. If anything itll make her wanna continue this. And it is not her fault that the family is going to fall apart. It’s the married mans fault. He chose to cheat on his WIFE and DAUGHTER for her. He has control over this. Not her. It wont end until he wants it to. It isnt her fault at all. It is his. She didnt make him cheat he chose to. And whatever happens to the family he deserves as well. He chose to cheat he deserves to have no family since he cant appreciate them. Let her do her thing and u do yours. It’s her life. Its his life. If they wanna have an affair then let them it iant your pmave to stress over it or try to get in the way. Let god work his magic they both will get what’s coming for them.

I hope she isnt seeing your husband … lol

5 Likes

She’s a grown woman, her choices are hers alone. She doesn’t have to “cooperate” with you. If it bothers you badly enough, stop being friends with her.

7 Likes

It’s really not your business. Your voiced your opinion about it, many times by the sounds of. But she doesn’t have to respect your opinion or follow it.

6 Likes

First, I’d mind my own business
Second, 3 months doesn’t make a friendship. That’s an associate.
Third, I’d not hang out with someone who thinks it’s ok to date a married man and I was married.
She isn’t going to leave the situation until she’s ready no matter what you say. She isn’t the only one messing up that family. Men carry blame as wrll

1 Like

First off, SHE is not breaking apart a family, he is. Second, it’s really not your business. You’ve voiced your opinion, so either drop her or deal with it.

8 Likes

It’s not your business. She’s a grown woman that’s her choice. You’re her friend so why don’t you be a friend rather than judging. You dong have to agree with all your friends choices doesn’t mean you should stop being friends with them.

You’ve basically come into her life and are saying it’s me or the man

3 Likes

Let her be a hoe karma will come back to bite her in the ass it always does. Id steer clear from her shes trash,obviously has no morals or respect for herself or anyone and clearly cannot trust her judgement. Thats not the type of friend youd you’d want you are who you surround yourself with let her be and let her learn the hard way.