I have to rehome my dog: Advice?

Why punish the dog by rehoming it, teach your toddler manners and respect

8 Likes

You need to teach your child to respect and not mistreat animals. You should focus on thar instead of getting rid of the animal. It doesn’t take long for kids to learn. I mean I feel like that’s the obvious answer here. No child should be allowed to behave like that with an animal. What if he was at someone else’s house and tried to pick up and throw a dog that decided to bite hum. It would be your fault for not teaching your kid how to treat animals.

7 Likes

Rehome it. Who cares what anyone else says. Better to do ot sooner then later. Some small breeds are not best suited for homes with young children. I’m sure it willbe better off if you are concerned about it’s safety.

2 Likes

Who is to say she hasent been teaching her child but he or she is a slow learner and in the mean time she dont want the dog getting hurt…we don’t know her situation!
You are not terrible, and sounds like you are thinking about the best intrest for the animal. Is there anyway you can keep them separate until you teach your child not to do that?

4 Likes

Honestly, the kid needs consequences but the child could progressively get worse so rehoming doesn’t make you a shitty person. What would make you a shitty person is rehoming the dog and later getting another dog…. People will talk shit but if there’s an aggressive kid in the house there shouldn’t be any animals in the home everrr… let people judge, spare the dog trauma because down the road the dog WILL have behavioral issues

better to rehome it then to have it killed, if anyone judges you that is on them.

2 Likes

Babies are assholes I mean that with love. You’re doing the right thing. Rehoming dog early is best if you don’t think you can teach the baby. (it’s still a baby and they don’t always learn quick) good on you for trying to help the dog and not get your baby bit.

Do what you have to do to keep the dog safe. If that means rehoming it, then do it. It’s better than keeping him and letting him get abused. It could turn the dog aggressive too, which could bring a whole new set of problems.

1 Like

Unpopular option jst get rid of the kid :laughing: do wht suits you!!

7 Likes

At this point you should be thankful the dog hadn’t turned on your child! Pretty ignorant that you can figure this out!

3 Likes

Im tired of all these perfect mommies whose kids never do such a thing. Kick me out idc :roll_eyes:All you girls saying parent your child instead of rehoming, you can scream till youre red in the face or repeat yourself over and over to a child and theyll STILL do what you tell em NOT TO DO . LIKE JESUS CHRIST BE QUIET . REHOME the animal if you want to. My goodness some of these moms are so perfect and their kids never do anything wrong and they ALWAYYYSS listen i forgot :roll_eyes:

Thats how we got our dog. The child wasn’t very nice to her and her actual fur parents weren’t letting her eat. So we took her in and she is amazing. Rehoming your animal doesn’t make you a bad person.

5 Likes

Teach your child compassion for life… it’s not the animals fault, child’s copying what it sees and hears…

1 Like

Sad situation all around.

Training both toddler and dog around each other will help. Toddler needs to know how to interact with dog safely and gently.

2 Likes

You really need to teach your toddler how to treat the dog. Otherwise you’ll be doing this all your life. You never mentioned how old your toddler is or how old the dog is.

7 Likes

I Get Paid 0ver $ 107 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 12559 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The p0ssibility with this is limitless.

SEE M0RE HERE… >> https://BangOnJobs144.pages.dev

You need to be firm with your child on how to treat animals. Compassion can be taught at a young age, you just need to show them.

5 Likes

You need to teach your toddler…I understand if your child is autistic or special needs but they need to learn now.

2 Likes

I’m just not sure why u r not correcting your toddler? But if u feel u can’t control ur child then absolutely please tehome bc that dog will get hurt!

7 Likes

Teach your child not to hurt defenseless animals. I am curious as to why you thought getting a small breed dog was a good idea to start with?

So far as rehoming. If it’s a purebred, contact the breeder. Otherwise, contact local rescues to get the dog a foster family. Explain that you simply did not realize that your child could not be trusted not to injure the dog. And don’t rush out to get another dog until your child is old enough not to hurt them.

1 Like

Hi! Person that works with alot of animals here. 1. I just removed a dog. Different reason, but sometimes animals just don’t fit the family.
2. Remove the dog. It’s safer for the dog. It’s safer for the kid that’s going to end up bitten
3. Don’t get another small animal until kiddo is bigger.
No shame, we all make mistakes to kearn

3 Likes

I Get Paid 0ver $ 107 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 12590 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me to try. The p0ssibility with this is limitless.

SEE M0RE HERE… >> https://BangOnJobs149.pages.dev

We bought a dog that was in this type of situation, we were blessed and so was our precious little guy. Don’t give the dog away. Sell for a reasonable price that way you will know they can afford upkeep for the dog
Start letting the child be around dogs for a brief amount of time and rethink ownership when they’re a little older.

Toddler needs to learn how to not do that. I have a 15 year old chihuahua (she’s about 3.5 lbs) and my daughter knows not to touch tiny dog. It takes a good amount of work to teach them, but your dog is family too. Maybe get your kiddo a big stuffed animal they can waller all over?

9 Likes

If a dog is mistreated, and bites a child, the dog will most likely be put down. AND a doctor treating your child’s wound has to report the incident. The dog will be kept in quarantine for 2 weeks to be sure it doesn’t have rabies. ( Even thou you know your dog has had it’s shots it still will be kept in quarantine.) Then your dog will most likely be put down. It has been said that once a dog bites a person, it will bite again.
Not fair to your dog. Yes your child is young and doesn’t understand, and needs to learn how to be kind to ALL animals, but this is what happens. Been there- learned from experience. One more VERY IMPORTANT thing. DON’t sell / give your dog away thru Facebook or by putting an ad out to the public. There are some bad people out there- and your little dog could end up as BAIT in a dog fighting ring!
Find a reputable breeder, shelter or maybe a vet to help rehome your dog. Check references too.
God bless.

1 Like

This is true poor dog trying to defend itself will be the one to pay.And not to mention the poor dog will grow to have a trust issue with kids

2 Likes

Teach him it’s not a toy

4 Likes

You would be doing the right thing. The sooner the better for the doggie.

What kind of dog? I may can take it

You need to be working on positive reinforcement with your toddler!! If you’re too lazy to not do it full time with the puppy you decided to bring home, then you need to make damn sure you aren’t taking your child around any other animals period. The kid will throw or hit the wrong animal one day and get bit or attacked. I watched my grandmas three GSDs try to rip my little brother in half when he was 7 because my mom didn’t teach him how to be around dogs and he was antagonizing them. And when that same brother was 3 he almost had his finger bitten off by my grandmas macaw parrot because my mom never taught him to keep his fingers out of animals faces.

I also have two toddlers and a 6 year old and bought a cockatoo in march on top of the 2 dogs and 2 bearded dragons we already had. I worked with all 3 of my kids on how to act towards ALL animals and how to handle them. And because of that, there’s only been a handful of times between all three of my kids that I’ve seen them mistreating animals. Which happens sometimes because they are kids and they forget! But you not even trying to correct this behavior is wrong and is only going to hurt your child in the long run. Ask my brother who still has scars on his thighs and shoulders 14 years later.

What kind of pup do you have? Pics

I agree with everyone else about correcting your child. Not trying to come off as harsh, but what if you could tries to do this to another dog one day and that dog didn’t tolerate it and bites? It would be safer to tech your child Joe to treat animals

5 Likes

I had to rehome one of my cats recently; it was a rough decision.

Have you tried bringing in a dog trainer? The trainer will work with you, your child, and the dog and help you teach your child how to treat your dog. Your child will need a lot of correction. Don’t leave them unsupervised with your dog.

If this doesn’t work, ask around your network of friends and neighbors for a possible home. My cat’s new dad is my bf’s best friend from high school. They live in another state, but it’s so reassuring knowing that our kitty has a great new life with wonderful people. It makes it so much easier. We flew with our cat, btw, and stayed a few days to help him settle in. Cats don’t adjust to change quickly, but he’s doing fine. It’s been about a month.

But definitely try the dog trainer first. Find one with experience working with children who will come to your house.

You should teach a child at a young age what no no means if you don’t teach them then who does

8 Likes

Control & correct your child, duh?! Smh…

10 Likes

I’am making over $130 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 17428 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://AmazingJobs373.pages.dev/

What kind of dog. Is it female. Mine just passed and I am in need of one. . think of me.

I agree with most ppl here, kids need be taught respect for animals. They will be better adults in the future. Kennel the dog for safety now and small children should only have supervised time with a pet till they learn.

3 Likes

That’s the responsible thing to do. Ignore the haters. You have to do what’s best for all involved.

1 Like

You should rehome your toddler instead

9 Likes

Don’t feel bad. If you can’t get your toddler to stop, it’s best to re-home it.

1 Like

You’re doing good! Child definitely needs to learn how to behave with animals, but it can take time to learn; mine has been around dogs her entire life (3.5 yo) and it still hasn’t clicked.

1 Like

Uh sooooo how about instead stop letting your toddler run your house? I’m sure you’re doing your best but they absolutely need to learn that no means no and that violence of any kind towards animals or people is not okay. Just keep consistent and keep it the same. They throw the dog they get punished how you see fit. And repeat. Eventually it will stop, and you won’t have to lose another part of your family.

2 Likes

At least you are thinking of the animal. Ignore the people being rude. I would try to correct and teach your child how to interact with the dog before you rehome them. If you can’t do that then yes, re-homing the dog would be the best option for everyone involved.

Teach your child not to hurt the dog wake up mom!!!

4 Likes

a good swat whenever your child picks up this dog…and a NO NO accompany the swat !

5 Likes

Rehome the dog immediately and start working with your child on how to handle and respect animals. The child needs to learn but the puppy does not need to live in hell while they do it. The most important consideration is safety.

5 Likes

Any child is a product of their environment.

2 Likes

Teach your toddler :roll_eyes: poor dog

6 Likes

call me! I’ll re home her/him. Been doing this for 20 years. I have a lot of great references

5 Likes

Jesus. Rehome the toddler. The dog didn’t do anything wrong.

6 Likes

Teach your child how to act it’s that simple don’t leave dog where child can get it and if he’s rough punish the kid. I’ve had my son around animals all his life and not once has he tried throwing one if he did he’d of gotten a spanking

9 Likes

I have had my Chorkie since she was 6 weeks old. My two youngest babies came home to her and I taught them from a very young age to be gentle and to treat her nicely. They know. I started telling my 4 year old this when she was almost a year old. She knows to be gentle with her. My 3 year old is the same way. She is a little more aggressive so when she decides to be a little mean to my dog I jump her butt because she knows better. You have to teach them.

This is why it’s so important to research breeds and get a dog that is actually suitable for your family and lifestyle. Don’t just get a dog because “it’s cute”.

1 Like

When we first got our dog my son was a toddler and he used to try and play rough with him and locked him in a cupboard, I thought we were going to have to rehome him too
But we made sure they were never alone together and taught him to be gentle
Now they are best friends and I’m so glad we didn’t get rid of him

4 Likes

Honestly…: it’s an easy fix. Discipline your child! They’re not too young to understand snd keep them apart if you cannot be watching the dog at all time with baby around. I have 3 kids and I always had dogs and cats. All kids get too rough that’s because they need to learn. If you just don’t want the dog then nothing wrong with being a responsible owner and finding a new loving forever home for it…. Just check references and don’t give away for free. Really sounds like a little someone needs their booty or hand smacked though​:woman_shrugging:t2: unless you’re child is an easy learning and can go the soft way or talking to and going in the corner :joy: most kids are hard headed and it’s not something you can take your time with getting point across. If it was a cat be a lot easier to learn lol scratch and that’s what happens when you’re mean. Good luck.

7 Likes

Wow maybe discipline your child ???

14 Likes

Discipline your toddler. I have a 2 year old and from the time he started crawling we showed him how to pat our dogs, no hitting, no sitting or hanging on the dogs etc. Now he is great with our 3 dogs. He loves to cuddle with our dogs and watch TV. You need to correct your toddler. The dog didn’t do anything wrong.

9 Likes

You need to get your child some help.

2 Likes

If you’re a newbie in crypto, reach out to Mrs Elizabeth Selezneve (Certified Expert) on Facebook
now if you want to acquire knowledge on how you could be generating alternative income consistently from crypto… She’s the best you could imagine when it comes to analysing and diversifying of digital assets such as ₿ITCOIN.
:envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow:

2 Likes

My toddler put our 8 week old puppy in the microwave while I was in the bathroom got to the puppy in time she didn’t turn it on just closed the door with the puppy in there and was acting suspicious so I walked up there and opened the microwave I told my toddler not to put the puppy in appliances or any kind of other box because the puppy could suffocate and taught them to be nice to the puppy my puppy is now 3 years old and my toddler is six and she knows now to play nice with the puppy and not put the puppy into the spaces that are not safe for the puppies

4 Likes

You gotta discipline your child and teach them it’s not okay to treat animals that way. Maybe crate train your dog so that when he’s to be alone with the child(if ever) it has a safe space to be or when the child gets to rough it can go in there to feel safe. If you don’t teach your child how to treat pets early it might never change

4 Likes

I’ve had multiple cats with my toddler and she would have absolutely hurt them if I didn’t teach her right from wrong. We didn’t get rid of any of our small animals, we showed her it was wrong to hurt them and didn’t allow it to happen. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

You have to teacher her, You have to watch every second they are together,

2 Likes

Yeah so kids don’t instinctively know how to treat animals, we have to show them. At the same time, kids and animals should never be left alone unattended. So yeah I just don’t understand why you would even need to get rid of the poor dog. Teach the kid and protect the dog until your kid grows out of this phase, duh.

2 Likes

Tell your toddler off, my son grabbed my elderly cat and I put him in tie out for 3 mins and then went an spoke to him and told him it wasnt ok to do that and to say sorry, he come ut of time out and went straight up to my cat and fussed her to say sorry, he hasnt done it again to this day, best not to shout at your toddler it’s best to tell them what they have done wrong and leave them in time out and then explain when you go back, then just forget about it after it’s done

1 Like

We had to do the same with or Himalayan she wouldn’t even come out from under the bed when our mobile 2 yeat old.was home even in our room with the door closed :confused:
She could hear him and would hide until we all went to sleep :sleeping:
She was even giving herself UTIs :confused:

Try… Controlling your child??? Teach him how to be a caring and nice person.

2 Likes

How about teaching your child not to do it instead of getting rid of the dog

4 Likes

Not judging but I know u seem afraid or scared for the dogs safety but don’t give up so easy teach your child some discipline and to be gentle with the pup and if u stick to routine and showing kindness with you child around the animal they will learn. Kids are smart and atm cause their is no boundaries he’s just being rough that’s all.

Surrender her to the spca to be sure she doesn’t become a bait dog or teach your kid not to pick her up. You can’t punish the dog for not parenting your child

1 Like

Sadly, as is evidenced by a LOT of these comments, you will very likely be judged. I have heard people say that they would choose to be homeless on the streets, WITH their kids before rehoming their dog. And I get it. I have 2 beloved dogs and there’s almost nothing I wouldn’t do to keep them with me.
That said, as many have pointed out, you can try to teach your toddler to treat the dog with care. That is absolutely ideal but not without risk. Teaching involves changing the behavior so the child will likely still try to do things to the dog. You risk the dog getting hurt in the teaching process. At some point, the dog may retaliate and that puts the child at risk. If the dog was to seriously injure the child, you have numerous risks- depending on where you live and the seriousness of the injuries, the dog could be euthanized. CPS can get involved if they think you were negligent in the dog being able to hurt the child.
If it was me- I would probably find a REPUTABLE dog trainer who can come to your home and see if they can help you with dog training tips that can be taught to your toddler.
In the end, I absolutely HATE the judgment that comes with someone needing to rehome a dog because for most dog owners it’s completely a last resort. But the way I see it, in this situation, if you tried everything and you believe the dog is in danger of being hurt, rehoming him is really an act of love and selflessness. If that’s what you ultimately need to do, you will need to shut out the noise from others especially since it’s going to be extremely painful for you

You want a better financial life then should reach out to Mrs Elizabeth James. SHe helped me get out of my debt and now I earn 5 figures weekly from my Crypto investment. I really hope more people get on board and you can simply click on the link below to connect with her.
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

Thank you Mrs Elizabeth James I don`t believe I can be a owner of such amount in this cashless period thank you a lot for saving my life Your work speaks volumes of the kind of woman you are thank you so much for the profit .

1 Like

This is wonderful, and never my expectations. I still can’t believe what happened to me, I’m just happy today because of Your work speaks volumes of the kind of woman you are thank you so much for the profit

1 Like

I’m so excited now I can at least pay my bill and take good care of my family Thank you Mrs Elizabeth James for you have brought happiness to me and my family through your experiences in Cryptocurrency hit her dm on how to invest

1 Like

I’m so happy I got my profits from Mrs Elizabeth James online investment Trade I just want to share the goodness of Mrs Elizabeth James to me and my Family may God bless you madam if you are interested you can Contact her and ask her HOW she Helped me invest because I have earn a lot which I didn’t expect from her…
Click on the links and send me her How to invest

1 Like

Should probably start teaching your kids hurting animals is wrong. Not just get rid of the dog. That doesn’t do anything. Start the educational process of teaching compassion and love to animals. If you don’t teach the child now that hurting animals is wrong. I’d worry about what would happen if the child meets a big dog and they try to do something to it.