I invited my boyfriend on a getaway and he invited his friend: What do I do?

I’m so disappointed. I’ve been seeing a guy off and on for years. We are not exclusively (his choice not mine) but lately it been great. He kept mentioning getting out of town together so I hunted and hunted and finally founts place that was somewhat romantic and had everything I wanted but it’s a little big for 2 people. It’s got 3 bedrooms. But who cares right?! . It’s got an outdoor jacuzzi in the middle of the woods. I bought steaks and crab legs to cook. He seemed excited, I was excited. We’re supposed to leave tomorrow and he texts me this afternoon and says he’s been talking to his friend Nikki (she claims to like me but does her best to make me feel like an outsider) and would I care if he invited her? It’s a big house after all. It literally all came crashing down. I’d spent my day buying food, candles, a throw blanket for by the fire, and he wants Nikki to come. I lost it. He finally explained that she was bringing her bf and that they’d rent a room near us. (Why comment how big the house was then?) but still, she will be there. I know her and she’ll be there. So I’ve pretty much lost all interest in going. Wondering now if I’m being too sensitive? Or maybe (since he hasn’t paid his half of the room, should I tell him kiss off and invite my daughter and grandson.

557 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Do I have a right to be upset? - Mamas Uncut

Invite your fam. Boy, bye.

11 Likes

Tell him to kiss off.

5 Likes

You need to voice your concerns.

I’d invite another couple too to see how he likes it

Bye I’d rather spend time with my family than a “man” like that.

11 Likes

Tell him bye and go with your family

5 Likes

Throw the whole dude and his little “friend” out :wave:

10 Likes

Nope nope and nope
Thata not right what he is doing
Tell him and if he doesnt understand leave him as he will never unferstand

Id tell him to go f himself and go and enjoy myself

2 Likes

Take your family. Jog him in

1 Like

Tell him to kiss off

3 Likes

He clearly didn’t have the same intentions as you did tell him why u wanted it to be just you and him if he still insists take your daughter

4 Likes

What kinda guy can’t go somewhere like that without his groupies?:sweat_smile::sweat_smile: dude talk to him if he doesn’t get it forget him and bring your fam

2 Likes

Nope uninvite him and go with friend or family. He’s definitely using you and not taking the relationship seriously. I say this out of love been there done that and happily divorced because I thought he’d change.

16 Likes

Boy bye. Invite your family and live your best life.

2 Likes

Hell no!! Invite your daughter and grandson

1 Like

Go with ur daughter and grandson but don’t spend the whole time bitching either now

Yeah that would definitely be a no for me!! I’d just get my deposit back and do something for myself.

4 Likes

How are these stories even real???

11 Likes

Not being mean when I say this. But I hope you use common sense and not take this douche bag and his so called friend.

2 Likes

I thought this was from a 20 something year old until I got to the last sentence of my daughter and grandchild… Tell the boy goodbye move on to someone Worth you’re time.

4 Likes

Tell him you changed your mind and then invite your bff. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

What do you want to do? You must have some idea…

1 Like

I would cancel trip— take your girlfriends! Seems like a dbag

Go with family. He’s not interested in it being just you two. Honestly I would just give up that relationship with him. Even if it’s on and off. Let it go.

1 Like

Tell him to go hangout with Nikki and her bf, and you go enjoy a relaxing weekend ALONE :hugs:

4 Likes

Tell him to kiss off

Men can’t read our minds, if you wanted it to be a romantic weekend for the two of you. You need to specifically ask for it and don’t feel bad for asking for what you want. I spent many years trying to be the cool girlfriend, go along and get along. You’ll lose yourself and be miserable.

2 Likes

Take your babies AND tell him to kiss off. :woman_shrugging:t4: Obviously he’s not valuing this alone time as much as you are. He won’t commit. What’s the point of continuing? Seems like the 2 of you aren’t on the same page and he has no plans on taking it any further.

4 Likes

Take your daughter and grandson. Easy choice. :heart:

2 Likes

TAKE YOUR DAUGHTER AND GRANDBABY!!! Trust me she needs it more than he deserves it

1 Like

He was setting you up to have a threesome with her on your dime. Boo run from the rent a bum

5 Likes

Invite you’re family and find a new man

2 Likes

I’d go with daughter and grandson

1 Like

I’d go with the daughter and grandson :grin:

3 Likes

You guys aren’t exclusive. And they’re staying at a separate place. I mean if you were exclusive, I’d care but you’re not and I feel like both of you have different expectations of your relationship. He probably sees you more as a friend/fwb than a girlfriend so he saw the opportunity as a friends trip.

8 Likes

Invite the daughter and grandson

1 Like

Forget him. Take the kids. Find someone who only wants you

3 Likes

Find someone who wants to date you.

2 Likes

Take your daughter n grandson. Fuck him n Nikki :rofl::rofl::woman_shrugging: please update us on what you do!

Tell him to kiss off

2 Likes

He’s already non-exclusive and this is surprising…? Hun, sounds like you’re settling for something you’re already not comfortable with. Don’t ignore your feelings. Make his sorry ass get his own place and treat yourself!

Kick him straight to the curb and invite your family. He doesn’t deserve it.

2 Likes

Tell him it was a romantic weekend for you guys and you don’t want to bring another woman to it and then I’d be concerned that that’s not just his friend Nikki

3 Likes

Hell nah go with your family

3 Likes

Girl… go by yourself or your family! Don’t waste your time if he’s bringing another woman… what the f is he gonna do with the other woman??? I hope ya see the red flags there even if you’re only dating on and off… get the F off the … ya know and find yourself a nice guy! Trust me when I say there’s nice guys out there who won’t waste your time… same thing goes for men who are in the same boat… and believe or not there are. Best of luck

3 Likes

Tell him to kiss off and take your family. It might sting but off and on a few years? if he isn’t sure about you definitely by now you will always be a “if” to him and you definitely should never be an “if”

3 Likes

Tell him to P off! The fact you aren’t inclusive after years, speaks volumes tbh

2 Likes

You literally ARE NOT EXCLUSIVE . Good grief. Tell him how you feel or you should kiss off and let them have their weekend. Good grief

1 Like

Fuck it go by yourself and have a wonderful time

Cancel the entire thing. Forget that crap and cancel him too

Family holiday seems alot better than a guy who can’t be exclusive to you after years

2 Likes

Take your daughter and grandkid and leave that fool

1 Like

Forget him treat yourself

Sleep with his dad. He’s definitely sleeping with Nikki on the side

7 Likes

Daughter and grandson dear

Nope I’d take my family. He sounds like a user foreal. Is he a kid or what! Come on … ROMANTIC GETAWAY not you and your friends making me feel left out getaway. :unamused::roll_eyes:

Ummm no…if you’re paying for it and you sought out this place for just the two of y’all then no. They weren’t invited tf like how do people just invite themselves places. I would tell him you had to cancel the trip round up your girlfriends/family and make a weekend of it.

Daughter n Grandson for the Win :grin:

1 Like

Dudes are dumb. Without actually saying “hey I did this for a romantic getaway for US” you can’t expect him to know lol no matter how obvious we think it is. At this point just take your daughter and grandson.

2 Likes

Cancel the whole thing!! That’s insane!

2 Likes

Oh honey it sounds to me like he’s told you again that he’s not interested in a relationship

1 Like

This situation made me cringe. Girl. Disinvite him and take your family. And then when you come back you delete this guy from your life in every way. You look in the mirror and say “ I am a divine goddess and am worthy of great love”. You deserve WAY better.

18 Likes

Take your daughter and grandson.

1 Like

Yeah. No. I’d throw that fish back girl…find someone that wants to give you the moon & stars :star2:

1 Like

Take your daughter and grandson and tell him to let you know when he man’s up, then he can take you somewhere nice

Man that sux. I’d be pissed.

Perhaps he misunderstood how steamy this weekend for the two of you would be.

Yes definitely invite ur daughter and grandson you will have so much more fun with them . Forget that guy . Tell him not millon years.

1 Like

I’d be livid… tell him that this get away is for you two, your not ok with other people joining. They can get a room but they won’t be invited bc you planned that time for you two to bond and what not. If he can’t accept that then he ain’t worth it.

Girl, WHAT. Fk this man lmao take your family on vacation! You paid for it.

I’d cancel him and go with a bunch of girlfriends :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Good grief!! He def wouldn’t be going!!

Cancel the whole thing.

1 Like

Dump him…you have your family. Go…enjoy yourself WITH your family.

2 Likes

Okay so I totally feel for you because he should have asked way before that point, but you literally just said that y’all aren’t official, so essentially he has friend zoned you and now your mad when he’s continuing to show you that he just wants to be friends? It sounds like you need to move on to someone who wants a relationship and can give you what you’re looking for. I would take my family and let him know you’re done with being friends with benefits! Good luck.

Invite your daughter and grandson you are going to enjoy them more

3 Likes

Kick him to the curb and take your family!!

1 Like

Ummm i hate to say it but nikki is where he wants to be I think! His actions speak clearly

5 Likes

Don’t bother taking him. There’s red flags, listen to your gut.

1 Like

Take the bairn and ya grandson defo!

1 Like

Yeah I’d go with my family

1 Like

I would say it’s just for the two of you that you worked really hard to do it for you two but if he didn’t want to go you could take your daughter and grandson instead. That was rude of him to do!

Id say no and not afraid to cancel or bring a new set of friends. Dont let them take advantage of you. They won’t be around for very long and you might regret taking them in the long run.

Nope. He’s not into you as much as you are into him. Him not wanting to be exclusive shows that. And inviting a friend to something that’s supposed to be a romantic thing. Hell no. I’d tell him bye and invited your friends! He’s not worth it. He’s stringing you along.

11 Likes

Invite your family instead.

2 Likes

Definitely daughter and grandson and let his friend Nikki and him have a great time together since that’s who he seems more interested in

2 Likes

Invite a male co- worker/friend explain no strings attached, and tell them it was for you and a friend but he invited a different woman

1 Like

You deserve better… go without him!

1 Like

Fuck no! He’s bringing another girl??? I would tell him to absolutely forget about it and make it a weekend with other friends.

1 Like

Hell no! Go with your daughter and grandson

Take your daughter and grandson, he doesn’t want to be exclusive, don’t give him exclusive privileges sis

Take your daughter and grandson

Never speak to him again

He’s not trying to have anything romantic with you.

1 Like

I’d invite family instead. Sounds like he didn’t appreciate the effort. Go relax without him.

He made a private thing into a group thing… that’s not cool. I would talk to him about it. Let him know you aren’t comfortable with the extras going. But also if it’s been this long and he still doesn’t want to be exclusive with you… bounce.

3 Likes

You wrote this post for a reason! That’s you guy telling you screw them! He should have payed everything in the first place !

It’ll never work with him. Take family an enjoy :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Oh heck no take your daughter and grandson.

2 Likes