I just found out I was pregnant with baby number 4: Advice?

Hi mamas. So I just found out I’m pregnant with baby number 4 and really could use some encouraging words. Me and my husband have a child who’s 1 and I have a child who’s 5 and he has a child who’s about to be 3. I’m very nervous about having a baby so close to our 1 year old.

61 Likes

Congratulations :heartpulse: you’ve been blessed.

2 Likes

Hun I had 3 babies in 3 yrs. It can be difficult at times. But it’s so rewarding.

3 Likes

Congratulations! I have a 12 year old a 1 year old and pregnant with our third. Found out when our son was 6 months old. Good luck :heart:

2 Likes

I just had baby #4. Ours are 12, 8, 7, 21 months tomorrow, and 3 weeks Friday. Having them so close is hard, but as long as you include the 1 year old in helping take care of the baby, they will bond. Every night when my almost 2 year old goes to bed, we have him tell his baby sister “night night” and he helps hold her bottle, and likes to help pay her back when we burp her. Some days are better than others. Mornings are what are craziest for us so far because both babies seem to wake up around the same time, but we’re trying to get into a groove. It’ll be okay, mama, just remember to breathe when it gets overwhelming or frustrating (and it will).

2 Likes

I have an little that is 18 months and I am 7 months pregnant with #2…I am nervous but I think it will be good having them so close. My brother and I are almost 5yrs apart and pretty much hated each other

1 Like

I have 3 and my middle son was 8 months when I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd, my daughter, I was so upset, I cried. I knew I was not ready for that yet but once she came, I loved her more than words could ever describe. And I was so thankful for her, all my doubt just melted away. It gets hard sometimes, but she’s such a big blessing, and now she’s 3 and I can’t imagine my life without her. Once that baby is born, it won’t be easy, but you’ll love that baby just like you love your others and everything else will just work itself out. Don’t overthink it. There’s nothing you can do about it now so just wait it out and everything will feel okay once you’re holding that baby in your arms:)

Your pregnant with #3, not 4.

1 Like

You’ll be fine, just relax and take it as it comes.I had 6 children two of them only 1yr and 1month apart. I won’t say it was easy but definitely doable and worth ie

2 Likes

It can be crazy but My oldest will be 3 in July my second turned 1 in April and I’m due with my 3rd at the end of august. Honestly the crazy is worth it because they are very close. I actually happy mine are gonna be close in age. And I’m 37 and the hubby is 45. We started late but love that our kids are gonna grow up close

1 Like

My eldest is 10 then 5, 4, 1 & due in September. Its busy but the fact closer age means a playmate. Life is pretty good once you learn to relax & find a jig that works for you. Congratulations Mama! What a wonderful blessing xx.

Maybe you should have been on b.c . Just a suggestion

3 Likes

I am due with planned baby number 4 and my youngest is a year and a half she will be almost two by the tome baby is here! All of my children are close in age my oldest is 4 my middle will be 3 in July and my youngest will be two in December baby number 4 is due in November! It keeps you on your toes but it’s the sweetest thing to watch them love each other! They don’t get jealous of each other it has definitely been challenging but worth it completely

We just had our fourth boy. 11, 5, 3, and 5 months. The last two have the same birthday. It’s been okay lol. It’s a baby

1 Like

DO YOU NEED A GOOD SPELL CASTER TO HELP YOU BRING BACK YOUR LOST LOVE? Please contact “DrNelsonoze” if you are passing through any kind of relationship problems, he helped me bring back my wife that has abandon me and my kids for a very long time, somebody gave me his contact and I contacted “Dr Nelson ” through his email address (nelsonozespellhome@gmail. com) and he assured me that she will bring back my wife within 24hrs i followed his instructions and now i am now one of the most happiest person on earth today i am living happily with my wife and my kids, all thanks to “Dr Nelson ” contact him today and i assure you all your problems will be over. again this is his contacts (nelsonozespellhome@gmail. com)or you can also contact him through his WhatsApp mobile number +2349076165775

I found out I was pregnant with my son on my daughters 1st bday. It will be okay! I love how close my two are! Yea it can be a little exhausting but they have the best bond! Have your 1yr old help with baby. We read lots of big sister books. And just made sure she was involved and felt loved.

What a blessing! The 1 yr old and new baby will be close in age but they grow so fast. Patience and lots of snuggles.

1 Like

I had 2 babies in 1 year. January 07 and December 07. It was hard at 1st but you find a routine.

1 Like

My 2 oldest are 14 girl & 15 boy, they are 15 months apart. I also have a 9 and 3 yr old. Seeing the bond that my 2 oldest have, I wish I would have had all of them closer together. Although the beginning was rough, the bond is absolutely amazing. Good luck

1 Like

My oldest is 2 and my youngest just turned 1 years old 2 weeks ago and I’m about to have baby #3 next week :woman_shrugging: I dont see a problem with that. Me and all my sisters are a year or less apart. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I had my last two 19 months apart -they are still close as adults!!

1 Like

My eldest 2 are exactly 16 months apart I was worried too but they are the bestest friends

I have 4 and 5 year old and they are best friends most days and it made life so easy

My 3 babies are 2 1/2 yo, 1 y/o and 2 m/o. You got this it’s hard some days but they get along and love to help with the baby. It’s so worth it at the end if the day :heart:

2 Likes

Keep your head up chick I got pregnant with my fourth when my third was only 3 months old my other two were 3 and 5 it’s gonna be tiring but you’ll get thru school and daycare were a blessing and I stopped trying to keep the house in perfect order I looked like sh*t most of the time but who cares those first few months are more important spent on bonding with baby then what your house and you look like the kids are 15 13 10 and 9 I also had a fifth who’s 7 and I wouldn’t change any of it

2 Likes

It’s easier having two close in age because they entertain each other and are never lonely.
I had 3 under 3yrs old… they are teens now but I am so happy I had them so close (3 pregnancies on 3 different birth controls) lol

I have 4. 13, 11, 7, and 2. Mines more of age gaps but you’ll get the hang of it mama. I was nervous thinking about my fourth. People always tell me “idk how you do it!” Well I got no choice. :joy: but it’s well worth it. Once you get on routine it’ll be fine

I have 4. Although my youngest two aren’t that close together it’s really not much different then having 3. My youngest two are 8 & 5. They are inseparable most times. Of coarse they have their moments but what siblings don’t. You’ll do fine mama. Congratulations :partying_face:

My kids are 4,5,6,and 7 it gets crazy at times but i love it​:blue_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::blue_heart:

Ahh sure throw another potato in the pot and throw it in with the rest of them - my mother had 7- it was a mad house - but what’s one more- and it’s always lovely to have a new baby in the house ! Best of luck

Mine are 12 months 6 days apart… I was scared buy they’re best friends

I have 4 also … 15,13,11,5 the youngest gets left out because everyone is older. He wants to run and climb and play tag… I wish I had one closer to his age and energy level. You will do great and your children will be good friends.

It will be fine. I have a 22 year old my husband has a 21 and 15 year old and together we have a 8,7 and 2 year old. My 8 and 7 year old are inseparable. Because they are so close in age they are best friends. They share a special bond that none of us understand.

Sit yourself down and breathe ok it will be a struggle at first maybe hire help for a few hours a day to help you with your children God Bless you and you can achieve Greatness

I am a mother of 6. 23, 21 and 17 and my babies who are 4, 3 and 1 1/2 year old. As much as I adore them, it is tiring at times. The only advice I have for you is, if anyone offers to help, take it. My older children help me tremendously. Sometimes it’s just them giving them a bath. or letting me have 5 min. alone. It makes a difference. Congratulations! And don’t think negatively. Enjoy them! It doesn’t last long enough. I hate when people talk to me like it is a burden. They are a BLESSING! I can be having a break down but if they come and hug me and comfort me I feel a million times better. xXxX

I am a mother of 4 and i love it. As for the chaos, i look at it as just another tater in the pot. One more mouth to feed and so forth, but not anymore difficult than three. If you can survive 3, you will be fine with 4. One more set of firsts, one more heart to love you, one more personality to fall in love with. You can handle this, keep that head up!!!

3 Likes

I have six 19 18 15 11 4 and 2 i think having them closer is better i realized that when i waited really long time in between i felt like i was starting all over again lol because of the ages they all have very different needs from u so just when i thought i was done number 6 came and then i was done lol but I think its different for everyone but if i can have 6 im sure youll be just fine with 4 much love mamas hope everything turns out for u guys

I have 7 boys ages 17,14,13,11,9,7,6 and I found a routine helps and getting the kids involved helps everyone feel included.

You will be fine i had my 2 boys back to back one is april 27 2004 the other april 29 2005 hard at first but a blessing they now are 16 n 15 also have a 20 yr.old and a 2yr old when we found out was shock because i was on the birth control pill but ive managed

I had 6 kids. The youngest is 12 now but how I miss those days when they were all little

You got this momma.:heart: Just an additional snuggly partner in the dance of life.:heart:

Having 4 is easier than having 3 because they pair up and u completely avoid middle child syndrome and the younger 2 will grow up inseparable

It will be ok after #2 your in a routine and baby 1 yo will have a playmate you will be fine mommy you got this

You will be fine. There was little difference between me and my sister.

I had 6 girls and 1 boy also have 2 step sons and 1 step daughter! The more the merrier :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You got this momma :heartpulse:

If you can handle 3 you can handle 1 more

2 Likes

I about fainted when I found out I was preg with baby #4!! I didn’t know what to do…of course I knew I would keep this child without question but did I have the energy ?? Well turns out I did just fine…after having three, four was just another mouth to feed…fit right in. Celebrate this pregnancy!! You will be just fine.

11 Likes

Well if you didn’t want another child you should have stayed out of the fire. My daughter and many others prayed to be in your shoes. God had another plan she has now adopted five children. She got one then two at same time then another and our greatest blessing one she had planned on stopping at four but this was almost four months when he arrived. All have some kind of disability. But they always fine a way sometimes they are a little late for church or school function. Yes the house is not as perfect as some might thing but they are a happy family. We do a week at the beach every year plus several trips to Tenn. yes Christmas is loud but we would not want it any other way.

6 Likes

I think it’ll be great for the 1 year old to have a playmate around the same age. I have an 18 years old and a 5 years old and the 5 years old is now begging for a younger sibling. She feels lonely in her age bracket, but this, of course, is no longer possble as I’m done having kids. Count your blessings. This is good.

1 Like

Same ages as my four when I got pregnant with my fourth I was blessed and had another beautiful daughter the other kids loved her enjoy your pregnancy and relax all will be good Congratulations

Having 4 is the best❤ Then… I got divorced met my wonderful fiance who I was suppose to marry this Saturday(stupid covid🙄) he has 2 kid from his previous marriage. My point is 4,6,100 kids are awesome and such a wonderful adventure❤ You got this momma😍

5 Likes

You will be fine! If you act nervous they will react accordingly. Just make sure you are available to the toddler when # 4 is born!. I used to nurse the baby, have the toddler on my lap or near me playing. I’d read stories to all 4 of them. While nursing. My kids weren’t jealous of each other. And got along pretty well.

3 Likes

I had my last child when my oldest was a senior in high school, never thought they would be close, they are right as ticks on a hound dog.ii

2 Likes

Mine are 18 months apart and I was terrified! My youngest is now a month old and my 19 month old loves her baby brother. She tries to help out with him and pets his head. She ignored him for the first few days but once she realized he was going to be a permanent thing she started giving him a little more attention. She gets jealous sometimes and I’m so friggin tired; but once you get your children’s rhythms figured out and blended its not so scary.

I had my first baby in 1973 and my second in1974 they were good for each other I had my thrid in1977 and my fourth in 1981 and then got my tubes tied after I have one stepdaughter who was born in 1970 and one step daughter who was born in1978 plus I took in children at one time I had my four and I had a 3year old and a 4year old and a 6year old and twins who were the three years old and that was in 1982 so I had 10 kids at one time and all was good you can do it

Hi Momma! My husband and I are also proud parents of 4. 3 have grown up to be wonderful adults, the 4rth has some handicaps, yet is still a wonderful 20 year old. I think you and daddy are going to be just fine. You guys got this! Enjoy the hectic, frenetic, (at times down right FRANTIC) years of raising your babies. May many joys and blessings come to ALL of you!

2 Likes

I had five under five when my twins were born. It’s a lot but you can do it. I still work full time as a teacher also.

I will give you the encouraging words my momma gave me when I found out I was expecting #3 with a 3 year old and a 7 month old. I was terrified to tell my mother. She simply told me “Well, you can’t have a family without children”. Those were the best words my mother spoke to me and I loved her even more.

2 Likes

My girls are 13 months apart. They are in their 30’s now. They have always been best friends. It wasn’t planned but it was the best thing that could have happened. Find time to take a deep breath and enjoy your family. I’m 71 years old now and I miss those days.

2 Likes

I have 4 and some were a surprise but my kids are wonderful snd they are great people . They are all close. Right now it seems overwhelming but my number 4 was a real surprise as d she is so loved .

You do what you have to do. First 2 were 14 mos apart…skipped a year…next 2 were 13 mos apart…skipped 2 years and had the last of 5 … had tubes tied! So happy to have my 5! All are adults…3 daughters are parents and grandparents. We are blessed!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

I had 5, 20 years a stay at home mom watching Captain Kangaroo. A joy and FYI, wonderful in their adult years, too. All will be good. Add lots of love to the mix of them. Most important.

My 2 youngest grand daughters are 11 months and 11 days apart. They’re very close/best friends but they’re only 2 and 3 lol. My grandkids are (would have been) 18 this July, than there’s the 15 year old, jumps down to 9, n 7( step grandkids) , and then there’s the 4, 3,3,3, and the youngest 2. Yeah our house is crazy when they’re all here, but love :heart: it.

Be glad it’s not triplets. This happen to a friend of mine and she had 3 little ones at home under 5. With the help of friends and neighbors, she survived and you will too. God bless and congratulations!

2 Likes

It all works it self out. You will evaluate and make a system that works for your family. Every child is different as every home is different.

1 Like

Be blessed that you are receiving a beautiful baby. I pray she or he is healthy, loved and encouraged as he grows. Congratulations. You will do fine. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.

2 Likes

My sister had 2 13 months apart lost one after them. Had 1 more then I year later had another one 2 more after that but further then that. At one time had 4 babies from 1955 to 1959. 4 years and under she did fine. Next two 1961 and 1969. Lost a baby between them.

1 Like

My daughter and son are 15 years apart. They are very close and love each other. My first and second son are 13 months apart. Yes they were happy with each other. When my second son was six and half months old passed from SIDS. Both my children miss their little brother and still honor him to this day. So take your miracle and take it one day at a time.

It will be hard at times but having the kids close together is really nice and works out great. Im a mother of 6 . my oldest son is 8 and my other son would have been 7 but passed away years ago . Then i have a 4 year old, 3 year old, 1 1/2 year old girls and i just had a little boy who is almost 2 months. The best advice i can give is to make sure you have a schedule that you try and stick to with naps and lunch. then to make sure you include the other kids in helping out with the new baby any chance you can so they dont feel left out and the baby will end up being super close to them. I try to let my kids help with him when i can and always let them hold him . its good for the baby and the kids and that will make you happy too. and of course enjoy it. I may want to pull my hair out at times because mine are close together but seeing the bond between them all makes up for it for sure. Congratulations.

My first two are 14 months apart and I love how close they are. Our third is 2 years younger than the middle one so we had three under four. It was crazy and chaotic. But so worth it and they are so close already - it’s fun watching them become best friends

I can tell you (I had 5) that two so close together is a challenge…the older is still a baby and a new baby will seem to that child that they are being pushed out, replaced. It is very important to include the older child in preparing for the new one, most important (I found out too late) that the older baby be at home when you bring in the newborn. Be sure to get new items for the newborn (toys especially) a new crib, so the older baby does not feel like they are not important anymore.

Not to sound cliche, but everything happens for a reason! This babe is meant to be yours for a reason :heart:

1 Like

I have 8! The first two are 10 months apart. My last 5 are close in age 12 to 4. You will be fine. Good luck with everything.

1 Like

I have 2 children that are only 13 months apart and they were best friends and even in the same grade in school! I never heard that they had no one to play with!:heart:

Mine are 15 months apart… its got its hard moments (feeding, all those diapers, etc) BUT… they are 4&5 now (well, even when they were younger too… but you see more now) and like BFFs! Its SO sweet and SO fun to watch them together!!!

Our 3rd and 4th are very close in age and it was awesome when they were little together. They were best buds and still are!

It will be fine, my sons who are a year apart in age are adults & are best friends

I’m 20 who’s about to have my first baby. I live with my boyfriend who’s sister lives upstairs with his 1 year old niece. I’m excited to know that my baby will have a playmate. I know it’s not the same as siblings but maybe the thought of having them close to age can be a positive idea

God gives us what we can handle. You can do this. I have 5 kids and the last 2 were Irish twins, which is both born in the same year but are not twins. My last one was born almost a month early which made the last two almost 11 months apart. I was surprised on how much the older kids helped out even if it was for a short period of time.

I know at this time I your life it seems over whelming to be pregnant with number 4. I can relate to how you feel, you see I have 4 children at a time when we didn’t have a good job , and lived from pay check to pay check. Now my children are grown, when I was young I didn’t realize that every child is a gift from God, to be loved and cherished, my grown adult children are such blessing to me and my husband So please, not to worry everything will work out . And your children will remain close to each other through the years .

Anxiety at this type of unexpected surprise is completely natural; but it seems you are doing just fine with your children and I suspect you will continue doing great. You might have to make adjustments to the duties each member in the family does though. My experience was that children are generally willing to lend a hand when they know what is needed from them. Try to relax and embrace this new journey your family is on.

My husband was 15i months older than his youngger brother. They were the best of friends since they were so close in age

your 1 year old will be almost 2 when this baby arrives, so you may be able to have present youngest potty trained (out of diapers) before the new arrival… Family I grew up in had some that close (closer) and we survived nicely.

I have 4. The first 2 are 13 months apart. Then 3 years later the younger 2 are 16 months apart. It can get a little hectic but very doable. Some days it’s ok to make sure they are all fed and you survived the day. Don’t over think it or it can get overwhelming. Take each day as it comes. You will do great.

My neighbor’s have the same age range. There is never a dull moment! Yes some squabbles and tears, but more laughter and camaraderie!

It is a blessing to see the family parent the kids as they guide them to be good adults.

It may be overwhelming right now, but each stage has its challenges and gifts. I

Dont worry, you’ve got this!

I pray you and your husband stay strong in your friendship, faith, love and commitment. You will both do the best you can and you will make mistakes, but your kids will grow strong under your guidance and discipline.

One important thing to remember is there are lots of families like yours out there. You will find them, make friends and share. There is strength in numbers!

My brother and I are 14 months apart and even at the age of 65 we are close and best friends always have always will be. It will be fine

You got this momma. My son was 6 months when i found out i was pregnant with his brother. Its tough to have them so close in age at first but it gets easier.

You will be fine I had 3 in 34 months all by C section . Hard at first but they all grow up very close. Get through school together as well

My mom had a 2nd child at 11 months
I was 1st born. I slapped him when they brought him home

1 Like

Try to enlist help from trusted others often so you take care of yourself, too. Moms try to be Super Woman, and that’s exhausting.

My older 2 are 13 months apart. Your 1 year old will be close to 2 years by the time baby comes. Get naps when you can.

Little late to worry about it… My mama had 4 kids in 4 years. Then she waited 1 1/2 years for the next and then another in a 1 1/2 then the last was 3 years. She struggled but made it through 7 babies. Her sister had 18. I had 3 mine were 2 yr. And 11 months apart and the next 3 years. Hang in there you can do it

I found out i was pregnant with my third and youngest on my second ones first birthday. I honestly found it easier than it was with my four year old when i had my second.

Honestly, my first two are sixteen months apart and if I could do it over again I would. They are now 40 and 39 and the best of friends.

You’ll be alright I had 3 babies in 2 years. Just stay organized and give lots of hugs and kisses. My granddaughter is going to have no. 5 oldest will be 8 next mo. the most helpful is your husband does his part. Praise the older children especially when they help you out and have husband take over to give you rest . End your day with praying and start family day with praise! Teach children to be grateful towards you and husband. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Me and my Husband are proud parents to 4 grown ups.they is 2 years apart 1 girl and 3 boys they are all very close .

You can do it mama. I had my kids 13 months apart. In some ways it was better exspecialy if they are same sex, it saves on clothing. They play better together because of being so close in age. Good luck.

Then you should have done something to not get pregnant. There are many things to keep from getting pregnant

My daughter is expecting her sixth girl any day now. This one is about 13 1/2 months from the last one. The two before that are 3 and 4, and big brother is 7. She has two fifteen year olds. Feel better yet?