I just found out my 13-year-old had sex. What do i do?

Give them a big hug and talk

2 Likes

Talk to them about it and protecting themselves

2 Likes

Whoop her ass then talk to her about using protection

3 Likes

Sit down and talk to them. If theyā€™re a girl, talk about birth control and if sheā€™d like to get on one. If theyā€™re a boy, teach him how a condom goes on, using a banana or cucumber.

1 Like

Just love your child. Teach them about safe sex. Donā€™t get mad and yell and go off the deep end. Stay calm. Its human nature. Teach her/him about birth control and stdā€™s.

3 Likes

Well they already done did it sooooooo, have a super awkward talk and give them condoms(explain all the condom lies) and if its a girl make a gynecologist appointment and get some birth control.

Make sure the situation was consensual, and with someone of an appropriate age, try not to shame her or make her feel guilty about it but discuss birth control and std protection, if possible maybe take her to a doctor and discuss options? If you try to discipline her or lock her down it will likely alienate her or tempt her to sneak around/participate in dangerous behavior so instead lay down some ground rules. (like donā€™t let it interfere with school, chores, etc,) The less taboo you make it seem the less interesting it will be.

Where were you at? Why would you leave a teenager alone with the opposite sex ?bad things are prone to happen

2 Likes

No one has the right to judge you or your daughter. We all have sex at some point in our life, whether it be at 13 or 23.
Our oldest is 11 and Iā€™ve had the talk with her already a few times about being prepared, safe and to always feel free to talk to me about anything. Boys, sex, feelings etc. She is very open and having an open relationship with her has definitely helped with her questions about puberty and how her body is changing. Sex is no different and she knows that.
Good luck mama! :+1:

1 Like

Talk to her, get her checked out at the dr make sure she good, get some condoms and put her on birth control! She canā€™t be pregnant at 13 please put her on something. And pray. All u can do is talk to her and pray for her.

Have the sex talk. (if you havenā€™t already) Make sure they have access to condoms.

Have the sex talk then show them graphic pictures of STDS starting with their gender. Install fear of catching something to insure they are safe and not a baby having a baby.

talk about against the lawā€¦protection.

Teach them proper safety and the remifications of doing stupid shit without any knowledge on it?

Sit down with them and talk be open and honest

Get them some protection

Talk to him/her about when and with whom sex is shared. Talk about possible pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases and safe sex. Itā€™s sad they began so young, however better safe than sorry. Sending love and light.

I would say have an open discussion about it calmly and with ease. Tell them about keeping themselves safe protection as far as sexually and mentally. Tell them that you will always be there for them to talk to.

1 Like

Talk to them! Donā€™t hold back. CALMLY explain why you want to take them to the doctor (to be tested). Jumping down their throats wonā€™t help anything.

I speak as a 33 year old woman, whose parents always talked about sex. If you can talk about sex, just imagine what other topics you can discuss! Good luck.

4 Likes

I see a lot of assumption that the 13 yr old is female.

Talk with them. Of course. But without knowing male or female I couldnā€™t suggest anything from there but giving them a large dose of reality would be best. Like look this is what happens. Take them to the store or go online and shop for baby items. Donā€™t be angry and ground them. Not gonna stop them. I had just turned 14 when I did so no matter how much youā€™ll try, theyre gonna find a way

1 Like

Everybody talking about not yelling is delusionalā€¦ so safe to talk about when itā€™s not your kid- be factual, if I would lose my shit, but ALL my kids know me, So no matter how I react they know itā€™s out of love.

1 Like

Tell her God has better plans for her I started relationships young tell her I said it ends up being really bad for you tell her God says in the Bible a better way show her a better choice tell her to work on her self before going to heā€™ll in a hand basket show her role models take her to church

If she isnā€™t old enough to have a job and be able to support a child if she were to become pregnant, then she doesnā€™t have any business doing what it takes to make one!!! She is is still a baby!!! More supervisor and practice abstinence for Pete sakes!!

It done happen now all you got to do is talk to her about everything she need to about sex an make sure u take her to the doctor

I would take my child to the gynaecologist and explain all different kinds of contraceptions and protection for STDs.

Make sure ur child knows about birth control.u have no choice now but him or her rubbers .they stop diseases

Letā€™s go old school beat her butt and lock her up till sheā€™s 18 at 13 itā€™s not her decision and who is this guy?

Get her on birth control. If it happened once, it will happen again.

Birth control I doesnā€™t stop now

Speak about safety and consent. A trip to the doctor next with open communication going forward. Good luck! Parenting teens is hard.

Talk to your child about it . Find out with who this is rape to a minor.

Buy reborn doll have her care for it 24/7 like real baby for a week take her birth control because once is never once

birth control and condoms

Make sure she is geared up to practice safe sex and start talking about ways to not get pregnant and or catch diseases.

Beat an ass, take her to docs, then find that Lil fucker and make him pray to God. Fuck bn nice

Have him/her checked for STDā€™s, pregnancy have a honest talk about the seriousness of having sex at such a young age. Try hard not to be emotional,accusatory or angry. Offer to get them counseling and birth control. Now if it was a older partner, if they felt coerced into doing it in anyway then authorities need to be brought in.

I would be in shock, so I can not even imagine what I would say. I would first strive to listen to understand why it happened, with whom, where and whenā€¦whether it was a ā€œkids explorativeā€ thing or an adult exploiting a child. I would want to help my child understand that it is NOT a good idea to be sexually active at 13ā€¦for alll of the reasons it is not a good idea. It would be a wicked hard conversation. I would be thankful I was told, but very very worried about what it meant for the childā€™s future. I was raised in a time when sex at 13 was not a reality.

Put her on birth control and teach her about STD protection. Also I will talk to her about treating her body with respect!!

What happened to the day when sex was a thing only for a man and his wife? Cā€™mon parents!! Talk to her about being safe.

If they were raped everyone would be screaming its a child. Well it is. Take to pediatrician and also talk about what sex was created for. The biblical sense.

Well if heā€™s already having sex heā€™s not gonna stop better buy condoms.

Get your 13-year old into a doctor and demand Birth Control (for a girl) or Condoms (for a boy).

You should have done something before it got to that point. Parenting 101

I lost mine early. 12-13 ish, I hardly remember it and was hangin out with the wrong crowd. I told my mom I needed birth control and no questions asked she took me to her obgyn and got me checked out and on birth control. She actually argued with the dr that even though Iā€™m young sheā€™d rather me be honest and not get pregnant! I didnā€™t have sex again for a long time, but Iā€™m so very thankful that my mom didnā€™t react harshly and just wanted me to be safe.

3 Likes

My oldest is 13. I couldnā€™t imagine. Why are these parents not watching their kids?! :broken_heart: My kids donā€™t leave the house without me, they donā€™t stay home alone, the only place they go without me or their dad is to school. Babies these days are doing grown up stuff and it is so sad.

2 Likes

My biggest fear is to go through this. I waited until I was 18 to do anything because I had a very educational conversion with my aunt who told me to wait until it was something I really wanted.

I would just talk to them about it. Make sure they are being safe and educate them on protection, birth control, stds and everything. Please donā€™t belittle bc they will never come to you for anything. Make sex talk a norm. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m planning on doing with my daughter when she gets older sheā€™s only 1 so I have a long way to go.

Talk to both of them the parents of the other child should know also sit them down and discuss what can happen I would definitely involve the other parents Iā€™m sure they would want to know I know I definitely would want to be told if it were my child

He or she definitely needs to be taken to get whatever precautions necessary to prevent pregnancy. Talk about. Find out the emotions. Hug them. Ask if they think they want to do it again. Hug them. Talk to them.

2 Likes

Talk to her about the things she needs to know. The consequences that could come from it as well. And take her to the gyno to start prevention to be safe. Let her know you are always there for advice or just to talk to.

1 Like

Show them pictures of what happens when you have Unprotected Sex
Tell them all the nasty things you could get or give to someone else!
Tell them about having sex makes a baby or babies at one time!

Be real and raw with them!! How expensive it is to raise a child housing food just to live!!!

How you can become a single parent and make life even harder!!

Oral sex also!!! Talk about EVERYTHING!! Be open and honest!!

My son is 11 and Iā€™ve talked to him several times about it all!!

1 Like

Donā€™t descrace or youā€™ll loose the way to talk .be open minded and help secure there safety above all .on see and see education start by girl dr,birth control boy condones saftey.above all to many things to catch out there.

Educate them. If they are female make sure they go the gyno annually and are not afraid to ask any questionsā€¦my 9 year pretty much knows the basics but we keep an open line of communication, i do my best to make sure shes aware of her own body and knows if anything is off, shes not afraid to ask me anythingā€¦ open communication and making them not feel ashamed is keyā€¦teens will be teens, if there is a will there is way, all we can do as parents is educate them to the best of our ability and do our best to instill proper morals and values in hopes they will make good decisionsā€¦:woman_shrugging:t3:

Is she a girl get her on birth control. If itā€™s a boy have a talk with him and get condoms good luck momma

No child is really ever ready for sex! Shit some young adult arenā€™t ready but today cultures and societyā€™s view on the matter is also needing some repair ! Goals and self preservation should a new grandstand for a better tomorrow " my opinion "

Put them on bc or buy condomsā€¦

I lost mine at 14. When your a teenager itā€™s kind of like a rush to lose it. It was like that at my school anyway. My parents never found out but I do wish I was more open and honest about it with them. I would just talk to him/her calmly make sure they are being safe. And teach him/her that she doesnā€™t have to have sex because the girl/boy wants to or her friends have done it. He/She should respect themselves :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Oh wow!! Just pray and take to her to a sexual education center!! Knowledge is power

Parent betterā€‹:man_shrugging:t2:ā€¦be more involved in your childā€™s lifeā€¦be aware of their social media at that ageā€¦get their friends they hang out with betterā€¦I could go on and on. Long story shortā€¦raise your child better. :wink:

A stone cold stunner gets the message across.

2 Likes

Good man daryel blue moon