I just found out my 13-year-old had sex. What do i do?

Educated them, be honest and chill!

Educate and protection

Go get her birth control

Put her on birth control

Iā€™d cry :cry: how sadā€¦ way too young!!!

4 Likes

Talk to them; listen and never make them feel alone; let them open up to you

Educate your child!!

I lost my virginity at 13. I was depressed and going through things my parents never knew of because I didnā€™t feel comfortable going to them. I wish someone would have told me not to at that age nicely and with education rather than someone yelling at me not to, if that makes sense. Just please educate her on everything. Sex, birth control and that itā€™s not 100% effective, same with condoms, all the emotions that come with both having sex already and taking birth control, and talk about STDā€™s and getting checked regularly. I never even knew STD checks were a thing until after I had a kid and started working in healthcare because no one educated me on anything. Just love her, and out yourself in her shoes. You got this!

84 Likes

My daughters turned 10 today and I am planning on having an honest conversation with them about this subject in the near future.

I want them to feel
Comfortable coming to me to have these conversations because no one talked to me about these things and I experimented on my own and lost my virginity at 14.

My grandparents raised me and that wasnā€™t talked about in our home.

10 Likes

Umā€¦ I always tried to talk to my daughter like an adult. She asked me where do babies come from when she was 3. I explained. No gruesome details but I didnā€™t go, stork brought you, we found you in the cabbage or something like that. I had a conversation about condoms with her when she was about 9, 10. She saw them in shop and asked what is it. Depending on what the relationship is like you can go out, have a walk/talk, kids open up much easier if they feel relaxed.

2 Likes

I was 13 and my mother talked with me about if I was safe and if I had any questions and if he made me feel comfortable. She also made sure I was the one that wanted to do it and not that I felt pressured (my boyfriend at the time was 15). After that I felt like I could go to her with things and it helped a lot! Donā€™t make her feel guilty for it because, chances are, she already does.

21 Likes

I lost mine at 13 and was pregnant by 15 n a mom at 16 soooo I definitely advise birth control and be open for the conversations w your kiddo. My mom knew and didnā€™t care and became a grandma soooo just be prepared for whatever may happen

4 Likes

My daughter is almost 2 and this just makes me :sob: saving this for all of the wonderful advice! :heart:

6 Likes

I was 13. My parents tried to stop me from seeing every boyfriend I had when they found out we were having sex until I was 18 and moved out. It never worked out well. Talk about it, be there for your child, donā€™t judge, make sure it was consensual and if they plan on continuing then get them in with an ob (assuming your child is a girl?)

14 Likes

Stay calm!! Talk TO baby girl, not AT her. Show her nothing but love and understanding. Ask her how sheā€™s feelings. Donā€™t offer any unsolicited advice at this time, itā€™s a vulnerable period. Give it a few days, and always talk from an educating perspective and not a parenting or belittling one. Good luck! Scary times.

12 Likes

Do the responsible parent thing, and be responsible for your child when they arenā€™t being responsible for themselves. Take her to a doc, have her explain all the different information on sex and birth control, and get her prepared for birth control options. You might not be able to force her to stop having sex, but you can help her be more responsible about it

7 Likes

My little sister sheā€™s 17 will be 18 next month lost hers last summer she still hasnā€™t told our parents because of how my stepmother was about me. She told me a week later so I had the talk with her and explained she is getting older this wonā€™t be her first time or last but she needs to get birth control because she doesnā€™t want kids and never has and I would take her to get tested and a pap so no one would find out. A few months later she told my parents she wanted on birth control because sheā€™s always had bad periods I was proud of her she has autism and sometimes wonā€™t speek up for herself she graduates in a few weeks and I am glad she felt comfortable enough to come to me. I had my son at 20 and will be 22 in a few weeks and pregnant again I had a c section and my aunt also had issues with pregnancy like I do so she was worried about going through what I went through knowing sheā€™s not ready. So talking and just being supportive at this age will be better for you and your child you donā€™t want your kids to act like me and my siblings because our parents acted out of anger with everything. Itā€™s time to just be a supporter but also be a parent

3 Likes

Just talk openly and be honest about what could come of it, being safe, caring for a partner and their privacy and body etc Privacy between one another. You canā€™t stop it :woman_shrugging:t3:. I was 14 and looking back im like woahhh, but it was the right person, my best friend at the time. 13 is very young, but all you can do is educate and hope they do the rest

11 Likes

My first question would be how old was the person they had sexual withā€¦ Iā€™ve been hearing a lot about young boys having sex with older women. Even though boys have fantasies of older women itā€™s still considered being molested . A lot of ny friends lost their virginity at a young age. I was 17ā€¦

Educate him or herā€¦ let them know your there for them and try to establish that open line of communication. I thinks itā€™s important to make sex a comfortable subject to talk about so your able to help them be safe. The only thing shaming them will do (I feel) is cause them to hide it. Let them know you donā€™t agree but donā€™t be crazy or weird if that makes sense. Best of luck mom!

4 Likes

Please talk to her and dont yell or judge. I wish I had gone a different route with my daughter. Explain to her that with it though comes alot of responsibilityā€¦and talk about birth controlā€¦all kindsā€¦male and femaleā€¦
And also please let her know that just because she done it once or twice doesnā€™t mean,she has to keep on doing it if she doesnā€™t want toā€¦and no always means no.

2 Likes

Well, if itā€™s a boy, talk to him about being safe and ready for these types of things. If itā€™s a girl, do the same thing and also make a birth control appointment. My 15 year old daughter is getting the nexplanon implant next week. I would rather do this than her end up raising a baby while growing up herself.

4 Likes

Talk to her see how she doing and feeling about it talk about safe sex and pertection , be thear for her donā€™t try push it and are get mad unless thatā€™s how you deal itā€™s your kid but try be thear for her

Talk about being safe and provide what they need. No need to make a huge thing out if it. Just let them know your always a willing ear if they need your help

Knowledge is power and a key to safety. If shes adult enough to me the choice to have it she adult enough to hear and learn about it, also making sure shes comfortable.

I was 14,my mom was too (didnā€™t know it at the time)

My parents were very strict. The problem is we cant spank or discipline our kids anymore. If more of that happened less tweenage sex would go on. I really feared my parents and knew better. Plus i respected their rules. I was 18 before i even kissed a boy

Just drum home safe sex. I was the same age, but went to my mum and asked to go on a contraceptive. We discussed being ready etcā€¦my first love was a few years older. Young adults just need guidance to proceed in the deed respectively and responsibly. Well done mama for asking for help big hugs your baby is one step closer to growing up.

4 Likes

Buy a morning after pill fast and then a chastity belt for when she leaves the house and plant endangered plants on the grave of the young fella :ok_hand:

7 Likes

I have an infant you can borrow for a little while. Best birth control I know of.

16 Likes

Donā€™t get mad at them.
Talk to them. Educate. Let them know what could happen, and how they can protect themselves.

This is the perfect time to let them know they can go to you for anything, and not be afraid.

14 Likes

Educate her/him instead of punishment. They will do it weather you like it or not so just make sure he/she does it safely, knows the risks of pregnancy, STDs and infections as well as consentā€¦

3 Likes

Let me just say from experience please donā€™t whole religion on it like donā€™t tell them that is wrong until marriage my mom told me that and I I was so afraid to talk to anybody about me having sex with someone at 18 i thought i would go to hell and i was a horrible person

4 Likes

First off, sheā€™s entirely too young to be engaging in sexual activities, and my mom wouldā€™ve whooped my ass and his to. Secondly, she needs to be taught everything about STDā€™S and getting pregnant and that itā€™s not something that should be taken lightly. Sounds to me like she needs more guidance and support. Iā€™m not downing the parents, this can happen to anyone, but she definitely needs to know about the consequences of her actions and she needs to be punished and made to remember and understand that this is wrong and she is no way capable of taking care of herself or a child because she is a child herself. The stuff that these poor kids are subjected to in this world today is scary and she needs to know that sheā€™s better than this. My prayers are with her and her parents.

2 Likes

Just talk to her about it , and go get the birth control implant in her are , if itā€™s a boy give him the same talk and tell him how to protect his self.goodlucke

2 Likes

If itā€™s a girl get her on birth control if its boy get him condoms cause trust me they are gonna have sex regardless of what you say or do so atleast you can teach them to be safe about it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s too young. She should be enjoying her childhood stillā€¦ or he idkā€¦ but for sure have a serious talk if that was my child Iā€™d woop that ass lmao nahh but be there for them because they have no idea what the hell theyre doing . They might be following their friends or something . Idk but thatā€™s not right.

When I had sex the first time it had nothing to do with my parent it was my choice. I also told my mom and was put on birth control and got condoms Donā€™t get me wrong this was no attempt by my mother any means to give me permission to have sex because I was not given that it was my mom being an adult and telling me if I wanted to act like an adult I need to take adult steps and take care of myself like an adult. She was in no way ok with it but to her that was response and to create an open dialogue about it

Definitely birth control and let her know that youā€™re not telling her itā€™s ok to have sex but you want her to be safe

1 Like

Keep calm and have a honest conversation with her. I intend to have a conversation about it all with my daughter eventually(she is 2) but I want to stress that it is a normal thing and that it is not something to be ashamed of. But you must be safe and also not being a hoe.

1 Like

I think sex makes ā€œkidsā€ feel like theyā€™re grown and theyā€™re definitely not grown at 13.

2 Likes

If a girl get her on birth control ASAP or if a boy buy him condoms. Either way teach them about safe sex. Buy one of those dolls that acts like a real baby that you have to take care of. The crying alone should make them think twice.

1 Like

Well a 13 year old is too young to be able to analyse the consequences. If they are doing it they are doing it for fun mostly. A womanā€™s body is not well prepared for sex until 15. If perfomed before, the kid can end up hurting, both physically and emotionally. From a young age the only thing our mother put in our head is that it is important to carefully select a partner. Not everyone is gonna respect your body and you should be aware of that. She told us only to have sex when you feel like you can trust him. And that somehow worked! The feeling of self respect is important to put into a childā€™s mind at a younger age. Sex isnā€™t the issue.where, how,with whom is, safety is. The world isnā€™t the same anymore that we lived in 30 years ago.

Communication. Trying to be stern, but not angry. Try to understand what made them think that they were ready for sex. Make sure they understand the repercussions of having sex (baby, STDā€™s, reputation, etc).

2 Likes

You have the safe sex talk. Provide condoms or birth control. Dont shame them or make them feel bad for it.

2 Likes

When is a good age to educate kids on sex periods and all the rest

1 Like

Im sorry but if i found out my daughter was having sex at that age i wouldnā€™t act like it was ok lol we talk bout sex but im not letting her hang out with that boy along againā€¦ you think her ass isnā€™t gonna go have sex again?? She is 13!! Her ass canā€™t even drive a car and she think she can go sleep with whoever

I lost mine at 13 my stepmother was crazy when she found out and put me in a behavioral facility for acting out. It didnā€™t help because then I really started acting out. I would sit he or she down and have a talk about safe sex and how having sex this young isnā€™t okay and you arenā€™t happy about this but itā€™s time to start thinking about condoms and birth control if your child is a girl she needs to go get a pap in the next few months because now she is active also getting STDs checked as well would be the next step. As a mother you need to get her father on the same page and you guys need to get ahold of the other childā€™s parents so they know whatā€™s going on and can have the talk just remember to not get angry because acting out of anger will have your child act out and not listen

At 13 you are well aware what youā€™re doing you know about sex and sexual things (unless, of course, itā€™s forced etc) but if itā€™s with someone in their school/boyfriend/girlfriend/ etc just supporting her and explaining what she/he needs to do to be careful will allow her\him to come to you with much more throughout life xx

Donā€™t make her feel ashamed of herself. Sheā€™s already done it all you can do is make sure understands what sex can lead to and how to be safe about it if she continues.

Honestly think about birth control and having a talk about sex, condoms, everything elseā€¦honestly if your child is a female get her a toy, she can experiment with that while learning everything about sex, stds, and all of that plus that most guys and boys only just want sex and sometimes its really not safe, then 9 times outta 10 she probably wouldnt wanna be with anyone an have sex, hell let ger pick the toy. I wish my mom did that with me because then I would know exactly how guys were instead of having them try trapping me, and end up having 3 kids, and be stuck into very toxic relationships.

Stay calm, have an open and honest conversation with her but most of all be willing to listen. If you react badly she will shut herself down and she will not open up to you. Take her to a dr, discuss birth control, safe sex, etc you got this

Educate them. Make them feel comfortable about coming to you and talking to you about anything and everything. The info they will get from their peers will be incorrect and they are not going to have their best interest at heart. I have a 15-yr old and I have always had an open ear policy, he can tell me whatever he needs to get off his chest or ask me about anything he is curious about. I donā€™t punish him and I made that clear to him up front so he wouldnā€™t be scared to tell me the ā€œbadā€ stuff too. Itā€™s not the same as being their friend by having open communication, it gives them a safe place to come to as their world, body, and life changes around them. Absolutely educate on the importance of safety and that pregnancy isnā€™t the only thing to be scared of when engaging in a sexual relationship. You got this momma, I know itā€™s a scary path for you too, but youā€™ve made it through scarier situations than this for sure.

Educate them on safe sĆ©x! Donā€™t be mad and throw a fit or ananything because theyā€™d stop telling you things with the reaction

1 Like

Donā€™t get mad sure be upset but thatā€™s a way to push them away. Just be straight forward and talk to them like you would an adult about sexual things. Take them to docs and get them checked out. Then take them out to eat. And let them know your there for them

Talk openly . Talk about the consequences of unprotected sex and Maybe look into a contraceptive. Talk about STDā€™s and STIā€™s . My mom showed my sister pictures of STD AND STIā€™s and she was completely grossed out and refuses to even kiss boy

I got pregnant at 14 so if she gonna have sex just talk to her about protection and get her on birth control thatā€™s all u can do

You educate them. Nothing else you can do, because children will never stop. Theyā€™d do anything to sneak out to get what they want.

Everyone talking about birth control and condoms for a 13 year old are forgetting that sex can take an emotional toll on the two young people involved. What a world.

My daughters are 6 and 2 following for adviceā¤

Following to read through later. My daughter is 11 and all advice and recommendations needed

Also whyā€™s everyone automatically assume itā€™s a girl

1 Like

Get birth control immediately because Iā€™m not raising anymore kids

I had sex at 14 itā€™s bound to happen just keep a plan b in the house just in case lmao

Just donā€™t go nutZ backk in the day parents sold there daughters to highest bidders at 13

Talk calmly, openly, honestly and lovingly. Let her know the consequences of the choice she is makingā€¦ Answer her questions. Good luck!!!:v::heart:

Teach them how to protect themselves and the importance of safe sex

Whatever you do, DONT BE ANGRY AND DO NOT PUNISH THEM FOR IT. Theres nothing wrong with being curious or enjoying sex. Itā€™s a biological urge we all experience during those pivotal pubescent years, some of us earlier than others and more than care to admit it. I was maybe 9 when I discovered masturbation? Kids are gonna have sex, all we can do is educate them to make the right decisions. Sex doesnt equal love either. That creates the illusion that the first person they have sex with means they must be in love if they felt they should have sex! Wrong!! Teach em that as long as itā€™s safe sex, being in love isnt required.
Educate them fully on sex and everything that goes with it. Give them some condoms or give them the option of birth control. Stress that condoms must be used every time to prevent pregnancy.
And yeah thatā€™s it

2 Likes

Try not to kill her :rofl::rofl::rofl: no but talk about protection and STDā€™s.

1 Like

EDUCATE !!! Make sure they feel comfortable coming to you to talk about this stuff. If you punish them, they are still going to do it, and then possibly get pregnant/ get someone pregnant.
Donā€™t make it so theyā€™re scared to tell you stuff.

2 Likes

Well make sure theyā€™re having safe sex.

Nothingā€¦ happens all the timeā€¦ obviously you didnt loom after her for it to happen anyway

from experience , I didnā€™t lose my virginity til I was 18 because my sister lost her at 13 and pregnant by 15. then ran away leaving her son with my mom. I was forced to be ā€œmomā€ at 13 to him. my mother believed that was the best birth control, I believe if you push safe sex and birth control, basically say, if you donā€™t listen to anything I say today, fine but take your birth control (condoms/pills/shots) seriously or the consequences will force you to listen to small child telling you what to do and when to sleep/eat/have a life. you can express your disappointment but just that say Iā€™m disappointed. and move on to more important factors. also explain doctor visits and take him/her. I donā€™t know if your child is a boy or girl but the responsibility doesnā€™t just fall on the girls. boys need just as much responsibility as girls.

1 Like

Iā€™d ask if she plans on doing again, and talk about birth control

1 Like

I have so many questions. How olds the other person , how long dating protected unprotected? ??? So many questions

4 Likes

Take her for an sti check, pregnancy test and put her on birth control, like yesterday

Talk to them! Make sure theyā€™re doing things safely.

Donā€™t get mad, talk about safety, and buy her condoms.

Put them on birth control.

Properly teach her safety and protection. She will do it regardless if you want honesty. You need to show her how to be responsible in doing it though. Sheā€™s a teen some experience it sooner than others. Itā€™s normal. Just responsibly is the best the best thing to teach her. You donā€™t want her out here sneaking around all the time not being smart and responsible about being sexually active now. It is hard for any parent to hear of thier baby becoming that so young, but it happened and we as parents have to show them to be responsible with those choices.

1 Like

Pay more attention, be more involved, and talk to your kids.

educate on safe sex, contraception and CONCENT also donā€™t punish her otherwise she will feel like she will never be able to open up to you xx

Get her birth control and have an open discussion about sex.

Talk to her. Do not punish her but do not encourage. Give her a safe outlet.

Be approachable and start birth control asap

Talk to them about stds and protecting themselves. Or ground them and beat them and make them want to do it more :man_shrugging:t2:

Take her to family planning and have a talk with her about it allā€¦ Whats done is done. You can only support them from here on out. All the best :pray:

4 Likes

I would talk to them about what is going on and how to do it safely. Be that person they can talk to about it

2 Likes

Deff donā€™t shame them but talk about why they felt they needed to take that leap so young.talk about protection from pregnancy and stds as well. Buy condoms and a trip to a gyno or planned parenthood. My daughter loves planned parenthood.shes 25 and still goes and has been going since she started having sex at 15.answer questions and deff donā€™t try to forbid it. My 1st time I was 15 and I remember being scared.

Talk to them about safe sex because if they did it once they will do it again. You can be mad and not prepare them and they could end up pregnant or with a disease, or you can be mad and teach them to protect themselves. Tell them why they should wait but be realistic and help protect their future.

1 Like

Try to be understanding, because being crazy might push the teen to act out more. Explain sex is natural, but itā€™s an adult thing you do with someone you love. Show ALL THE STDS IN THE MFKEN WORLD scare them but nicely. Like look things happen but hereā€™s the Consequences. And then hand them a baby doll that cries for a week

Talk to them about masterbation, birth control, what to do if a condom breaks, and having a trusted adult even if itā€™s not you.

Teach em about safe sex. Keep condoms in their drawer. You canā€™t stop em now but you can show them how to be responsible and about STDs

Love her, respect her, talk to her at the same level that she comes to you at.

Control your kids make her stay home make her go get the depo shot be your parent. your kid not a friend

1 Like

I would suggest not asking strangers on Facebook what to do.

Talk to her and sex educate her then beat her assā€‹:rofl::rofl::rofl: nah Iā€™m just playin seriously just sit her down and talk to her n take her to doctor n talk to doctor n u three come up with protection and let her know she can talk to u about anything just donā€™t freak out that will make her not want to talk to u

Teach herā€¦educate her

Teach her absenience

3 Likes

I love all of these comments about communication & teaching :sob::sob:

1 Like