I Need Advice About Using Tampons: Help!

You could also use a panty liner if you don’t like tucking it. I personally pull it up front before I go because you can still pee on it if you tuck it.

Am I the only one that just holds the string to the side to avoid the pee? :see_no_evil:

11 Likes

Use a cup. Seriously. Saves money, saves the environment, is so convienant.

2 Likes

I just change mine when i pee.

2 Likes

Change it each time duhhhh

1 Like

Maybe try a cup? No string.

1 Like

Girl, for real, try a Flex disc! I changed tampons every time I went to the bathroom and it got to where it was painful. Zero problems from the time I switched to a disc and way more comfortable to wear too!

I usually squeeze it out in toilet paper before pulling up my pants. Or tuck it up and away when you pee

3 Likes

I always change mine whenever I go to the bathroom… try that

11 Likes

I personally use a panty liner as a precaution. Change it every time (although usually it’s a heavy flow so i can). Or there are new options as far as period cups available.

I pull the string out the way while I pee . TMI :woman_shrugging:t2:

12 Likes

Either change it when you pee or wear a liner.

2 Likes

You should change them when you use the bathroom

5 Likes

Put a little bit of toilet paper in my underwear :wink:

I actually just kinda tuck the string a bit so it ain’t dangling. I believe it is OB makes a stringless version

1 Like

I usually change my tampon but if I’m having a light day then I move the string to the side

1 Like

I don’t use them I heard so many ppl saying not good things about them.

It’s safer to use whats comfortable I use an Santiary Towel, their disposable I change every hour as I get my cycle very heavy it only 3 days max, then I use a lighter one…

One of the reasons I switched to a Mooncup. Before that I used to coil the string and tuck in a little so it wasn’t hanging when I peed.

I hold the tampon string out of the way. I forget sometimes and cuss and proceed with a cleansing wipe or just change it.

I thought that everyone changed their tampon every time they used the restroom. Lol :thinking: It seems more sanitary anyway. :woman_shrugging:t2: If you don’t feel like changing them often or think they cost too much money then it’s probably easier to use pads. Lol

9 Likes

I coil the string and tuck it in a little bit when I put a fresh tampon in, then use toilet paper to grab the string when I need to pull it out.
I pee way too much to change my tampon every single time I use the bathroom.

4 Likes

Hold it to the side when you go to the bathroom, and then dry off the string if need be with toilet paper

I used to (I’m period free now) tuck the string of my tampon just inside my vagina opening, that way no pee gets on it. Then I would hook it and pull. Only thing that got on the string was vag juice

Just hold the string forward. Ignore the people saying it’s gross to not change it every time you pee. Tampons are expensive. You don’t have to change it every time you go. As long as you pat/wipe dry, and wash your hands, there’s no reason why you can’t just hold the string forward if you know you don’t need to change your tampon yet.

5 Likes

I would suggets “tucking” the tampon string into your vagina until you are done peeing and wiping then take the steing out of hiding.

Put the string out of the way/dab your area with toilet paper.

I just change it for that reason IF I wear tampons.

I’m too scared I’d lose somthing or double up half asleep so I just use pads.

I grab the string and pull it forward and to the side to not get pee on it. But I also wear panty liners but thats just incase of leaks

1 Like

I change it every time I go

2 Likes

I’m 33. This has never happened to me. Wth am I doing wrong :joy:

4 Likes

I tuck the string up so it doesn’t get wet, do not sleep with them in and no longer than 7-8 hours I’ve never heard of anyone changing it every time they pee :woman_shrugging:

I was told to change it every time I went to the restroom. Keeping it in can cause infections or toxic shock.its not good for your body

6 Likes

Maybe a panty liner to catch the drips?

Your suppose to push the string up in there. It will stay put if you’ve properly placed tampon inside you.

I use a cup so I don’t have to worry about that. Go to putacupinit.com to learn more

1 Like

I just hold the string. I pee often so changing every time is out of the question. Pulling those out dry is seriously terrible.

8 Likes

Are you sure the cause is due to urinating? I used to use tampons, but since my second child I can’t anymore.

It’s something to do with the pelvic floor muscles after having a baby. The tampon presses on the bladder resulting in wet underwear.

2 Likes

You can tuck the string back? Idk how it would be soaking wet. The string isn’t even that think or long lol.

I change it when i pee. Simple.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks this is fucked up? Who pees with a tampon still inside them, that sounds dirty & gross. :woman_facepalming:t4::face_vomiting:

Common sense would be to wipe

4 Likes

Change your tampon after you’re done peeing!

4 Likes

Hold the string out of the way. You do not have to take your tampon out every time you use the restroom and you do not have to change it every time you pee.

1 Like

Like… move the string? What the heck :joy:

5 Likes

Tuck the string into your butt hole problem solved

20 Likes

I tried tampons and because of that very reason that you talk about I have not been using tampons. I use pads always have been since I was a teenager.

I dont think your wiping well enough if your getting that much pee on your underwear

1 Like

I just hold the string to the side…

2 Likes

Use pee n keep it in? :eyes:

1 Like

I wear a pad just in case

I tuck my string since i was a teen. Plus i wear a thin pad. But thats because i pee a little every time i sneeze,cough or pick up something heavy after i had my son. Oh the joys of motherhood and old age.

Dry the string with toilet paper.

1 Like

If you’re gonna wear tampons unfortunately that is the nature of the beast. Either gonna have to wear a thin liner, menstral panties (no exp with these) that are supposed to be great with backup for tampons and keep you dry or don’t wear em

I never had a problem with urine because I wipe my coochee/coochie dry🤔.

As for liners , I use the blue ultra thin .I never feel this specific brand and it sticks very well to all types of fabrics

1 Like

Tuck the string just inside the vagina and no urine will get on it. It is easy to reach to remove tampon.

I dry the string w toilet paper

2 Likes

I remove mine before and insert a new one after

29 Likes

I always pull the string to the back and hold it there while I wee, I thought that’s what everyone did :see_no_evil:

20 Likes

Maybe change your tampon?

4 Likes

Wipe after you pee and it shouldn’t be an issue, or tuck the string up when you put it in. Literally never had that issue.

either dry the string after or hold it back!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I thought you changed your tampon every time you go to the bathroom? No? Or is that just me? Lol
Thought it was weird to pee with a tampon in and keep using after.

18 Likes

I remove my tampon before I wee and then wee and pop a new one in.

5 Likes

Lol I tuck my string inside of my lips!!!

5 Likes

Keep the string out of the flow of urine. Urine doesn’t come out of the vagina.

Consider using a menstrual cup instead! Many users only empty it every 12 hours so it’s simple in addition to producing less waste/cost as you the same cup for many many years.

1 Like

I always just changed my tampon if I was using the bathroom

Change your tampon every time you go to the bathroom- I dont wear underwear and that’s the best way to stay hygienic and dry.

Throw out the tampons, you will never regret it… Switch to a menstrual cup or a disk! I will NEVER go back!

1 Like

I always take my tampon out and put a new one in

After inserting tampon, pull the string towards your butt hole area. Your butt cheeks should keep it out of the wee firing line :+1:t2:

I change mine everytime

17 Likes

Change every time, prolonged wearing of a tampon causes toxic shock syndrome

3 Likes

I change it out everytime needing to urinate. Its cleaner that way.

2 Likes

I change every time. Otherwise, feels disgusting

2 Likes

New tampon every time…

3 Likes

Change every single time!

1 Like

Wait what?! Don’t you pull it out before going pee?

4 Likes

Yep what everyone else said lol

Change every time… Or look into diva cup. I’ve switched and I love it.

1 Like

I change every time I use the bathroom.

2 Likes

that’s a lot of tampons changing it everytime i pee so much that i would go through so many

13 Likes

Change them every time you use the bathroom. Other wise it may lead to other issues such as toxic shock syndrome and infections.

2 Likes

Move the string out of the way…?

8 Likes

Stopped wearing them. Menstrual cup or disc for me!

2 Likes

I started using a period cup. Way cleaner, way more comfortable, way cheaper! An actual life saver. I was a bit skeptical and nervous to try it because it says there’s a learning curve to them but I picked it up so fast!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t know, as I was to uncomfortable wearing tampons so just wear pads,

3 Likes

I change my tampon when I pee

3 Likes

Definitely move the string out of the way if you don’t change every time

7 Likes

Umm I dont think your suspose to do that! That’s like walking around in a pissy blood filled diaper but it is sitting inside your vagina :nauseated_face: if you are lazy or dont want to go through so many just use a pad, otherwise change your tampon every use!

16 Likes

Cut the string a little

2 Likes

Change evryttime I use bathroom

5 Likes

I use the tp to “dry” it off. I kinda squeeze the string. Also I make sure the string is between the lips so it doesn’t dangle… If I changed it every time I had to pee I would go through a box every 2 days!

34 Likes

I change mine everytime because that annoys me…lol

5 Likes

Change. Tampon. Every. Time.

3 Likes

Either change your tampon when you pee or wipe a few times and make sure you hold the toilet paper on the tampon and strings to soak up anything left on it.

1 Like

Change ur tampon every time you pee

1 Like

I wear a panty liner

Omg :see_no_evil: who actually pees and doesn’t change there tampon! Sorry I didn’t even realise changing every time wasn’t the “norm” I’ve never known anyone let there tampon soak up pee and leave it in? Surely that’s so un hygienic? Tampons are as little as 99p a box just buy a few boxes for the sake of being clean! Thrush, UTI’S all sorts off doing that

12 Likes

Panty liners are super uncomfortable for me too, so I just move the string out of the way when I pee. Unless it’s time to change it, then obviously do that first lol