I really need advice for my daughters behavior

You have done what’s right!! Best thing is talk to professional. Keep the appointment!! Prayers that it gets better!!

What ever you choose, be consistent. Unfortunately they learn how to manipulate your emotions of guilt to get them where they want. I’m not speaking out of my ass, I am a certified psychiatric RN for 21 years that has dealt with mental health and addiction medicine. Not to say that the child has any of these issues, please don’t take it that way at all. Just stating what has proven to work is consistent boundaries with parents as in reward or punishment . Best of luck to you and you are doing your best momma, don’t give up!:heart:

I spank or slap in the face. Did to my kids and grandkids just like I got hit when I was a kid. Everyone turned out good. She may need meds for a chemical inbalance. My eldest grandson was a complete brat lived with me and he got some hits but needed to see a shrink who gave meds. He seems a lot better

The best advice I ever received was find the child’s “currency”. Meaning find what is important to them and withhold it until the behavior improves.

When u figure it out I’d like to no I got a 13 year old that does this and it only gets worse if I slap her on the leg shes says I would look good in orange

Omg I am right there with you my son has is even on adderall great at school terrible at home :frowning:

I’d look into adhd. It sounds like a lot of the things she’s doing are signs of it… I am praying for you and healing for you and your daughter.

this is an article that was posted a while back: The analogy that will change how you view your child’s misbehavior
October 8, 2019 By Alana Pace

Throw a bucket of cold water over her, especially in the face, EVERY time she gets out of line.
A sharp slap in the face.
Adopt or foster other kids.
If she has no medical problems, send her to Boarding School.

1 Like

Chores. That child needs to be elbows deep in chores to build charcter, discipline and respect.

If everyone caters to her she will never learn to be independent or to respect those around her especially her elders.

Under no circumstances are you to reveal to her that you have lost control. You are the parent and she will do what she it told when she is told to do it.

Remember children are learning big emotions and it is also critical to sit down with them when they are angry or upset and teach them the words they need to explain how they feel or being made to feel. Sometimes communication can be the biggest barrier. Also remember to remain absolutely calm when talking to a angry child. There isn’t enough room for two people losing their emotional cool. As a parent you have to maintain your composter in order to establish a connection to better handle a child’s melt down.

If you wannt it to change to need the faith of jesus of Nazareth ask god how can he change these situations on your life

So have someone who you trust with kids and a couple weeks and a new light will shine

Time to apply some heat to the seat of the problem. One who spares the rod spoils the child ( Proverbs)

She needs a trip to the woodshed

It’s hard to say what the issue might be. It could be environmental, emotional or even physical. If she hasn’t always acted this way then something triggered it. My advice is to take her to see a counselor because she’s probably too scared or angry to tell you and that’s why she’s acting out.

Spare the Rod & Spoil the Child.

Following. This could be describing my son. Except he is 16. He has been like this since he was 12. Remember to take care of you. Get away from the situation. I have decided my mental and emotional health means something too. Tell the dr. Tell the school. Tell everyone who will listen. Also remember, you know your child best.