I tested positive for an STD but haven't been unfaithful: Thoughts?

Okay it depends…I know 3 crazy stories, one unfortunately myself. I found out the hard way my boyfriend and father to my firstborn was unfaithful. It broke my heart and I left him.

It really depends what etc. There are a few that can lay dormant up to 10yrs. You really need to speak to doctor and obviously if it’s one that doesn’t lay dormant I’d moat definitely say he has cheated but be sure before you accuse

1 Like

It would have been very helpful to know which STI you have specifically. If it is being treated currently, that leads me to believe it might be bacterial. Maybe it’s just Gardnerella? That is considered an “std” but commonly occurs by changing your vaginal flora.

2 Likes

STD’s can lay dormant for YEARS before they show their ugly faces. So you could have gotten it years ago or he could have. I’d recommend him to get tested as well. It’s not you questioning his faithfulness, y’all need to know if he has it as well so he can be treated as well

3 Likes

It really depends on what it is and may have had it for years just never active during tests.

It is possible to have an std and not have symptoms for years.

HPV or Herpes can lay dormant for a long time…if its anything else…I’d say he cheated. :woman_shrugging: I’d ask your doctor whats possible or not and get to the bottom of it!

2 Likes

If it’s gonorrhea or chlamydia someone’s been cheating very recently. Other than that shit could have happened a long time ago

Some STDs can lay dormant in your body for years then surface at a random time. If either one of you have ever had sex with another person before you two were together it could have come from before and been dormant.

1 Like

So you never heard about someone lying and saying they are at work or working over time? If you get checked yearly then he is cheating.

4 Likes

A number of diseases can be carried for a long time without showing signs or symptoms. Some also can be transferred through bad hygiene or even public restrooms. It really depends on what you have. It could be a bad sign for faithfulness… but most diseases do have other methods of contraction. Have a discussion, get both of you tested, and do tons of research to see how what you got, is possibly transferred.

1 Like

Maybe she means HSV :thinking:

1 Like

Some can lay dormant. Some you can get just by accidentally touching fresh blood if you have a cut that’s super tiny.
Public bathrooms (specifically the toilet seat)

1 Like

syphilis can come up as a false positive. if that is the std. then have then re test. there is a more accurate test

1 Like

Just depends on what you have and how long you’ve been together. But if it’s curable most likely he cheated. Unless you know he’s actually at work I wouldn’t necessarily believe him. It’s so sad and super unfortunate but it’s the truth. If I personally were in this situation and you both test positive for the same thing then that’s your proof he’s been unfaithful and either he can be honest and there may be a chance at working through it only with 100% honesty or he needs to go cause he’ll do it again. My husband was recently unfaithful and was honest. I’ve decided to try to make it work hopefully but only if he’s honest and wants to put the work in to fix it. Otherwise if I feel he’s hiding something then bye bye :wave:

2 Likes

This is why it is important to get annual OBGYN check ups ladies. Pap smear and full house STD check once every year. With or without a mate get checked every single year ladies

3 Likes

If its HPV, it can do that. If it’s BV that’s not necessarily one. You could have had one and never known it because it didn’t present symptoms

1 Like

If it’s something like chlamydia or gonorrhea, he cheated…If it’s something like HPV that can take years to show up it is possible it wasn’t him.

6 Likes

It may have been from before the relationship and since you didn’t have symptoms you never had a reason to test?

1 Like

Oh dear he obviously lyin

3 Likes

Don’t automatically assume it was him because like Ashlyn Uselton said they can lay dormant. My daughter actually told me this from health class. I verified and its true!

well, you got it from somewhere​:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

What type, that is the question.

1 Like

I got an std (it was treated and gone) from my than husband (pregnant at the time, passed onto our unborn daughter, no idea about that until she almost died in the hospital) and I swore up and down that man was faithful. Came home after work and we were always together.

He had been lying about his days off and what time he got off.

I’m telling this so other woman and you know to constantly get tested during pregnancy and other times and be careful even with an “honest” guy.

Sorry but this stuff pisses me off from my experience

51 Likes

This has to be a troll post…I’m sorry, not sorry, but someone is cheating, and I’m laughing.

8 Likes

Guess it depends on the STD. Some can lay dormant for a spell. HPV is one of them. When was the last time you had an STD test vs how long have you been with your husband. If this isn’t the case…hate to be blunt, but somebody is lying. And if it ain’t you…:woman_shrugging: They aren’t transmitted like the common cold…js

8 Likes

You don’t think people have affairs at work? In the workplace;bathroom, parking lot, etc…

17 Likes

Were you guys both tested before marriage or getting together

STI/STD can stick around for years without symptoms

Just because you only found out now doesn’t mean someone cheated

5 Likes

HPV usually has no symptoms and you or your husband could have had this for many years, HOWEVER, when you go for an annual PAP screening with your gynecologist, you are tested for this, along with other STDs. So if this ia the first exam you’ve had since you’ve been with your husband, its possible that you or he could have been infected the entire time you have been together.
If you have been screened, had a PAP, since you have been with him, and tested negative, someone’s cheating.
You cant get STDs from toilet seats, or whatever. Its sexual intercourse spread only. Unless it’s a yeast infection. You can give that to your husband and yall can pass it back and fourth until you’re both treated. That can be caused by alot of things, but is still spread through sex also.
Basically, if it’s not yeast, and you see your gyno regularly, you an hubby need to have a come to Jesus meeting.

4 Likes

What STD? Do you mean STI? Because an std is all bad and most can’t be treated but an sti can be with antibiotics.

If you haven’t cheated then he definitely did you’ll be surprised how often cheating can happen even if at work people have sex at work in offices,or bathrooms or cars even or maybe that one night he came home I think you need to confront him and see what he says if he tries to blame you Or accuse your or even remotely jumps in denfense mode he cheated and you caught him I think it’s time to re evaluate your relationship

10 Likes

hospital tested me , told me I had herpies , no signs or anything , then algoma health unit did all the same test cause I was flipping . and turns out the test got screwed up at the hospital and I did not have it . some times even test are wrong . it is humans that do the testing and no one is perfect .

I mean if you get your pap every two years I would think it would of shown then and I would assume he’s cheating :woman_shrugging:t2: a friend of mine caught her husband cheating on her in his car on his lunch break. She went to surprise him bringing him lunch and caught him in the act so it happens :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Ummm, I’m sorry but he cheated or you did. Period. End of.

7 Likes

If it’s hsv (herpes) your talking about it’s technically a virus.
Hsv1 cold sore…hsv2 genitals…either diagnosis…the virus lives in the body …period…

because it can be transmitted to the genitals easily it’s also considered an std.

Literally millions of people have it and most are asymptomatic.

If you’ve ever had a coldsore or your husband has …you or he already had it and didn’t transfer it until an outbreak occured.

It doesn’t always mean someone cheated.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

You been cheated on you better have your husband check too

2 Likes

I knew a girl who found out she had stds but it was almost a year after she had been in a relationship and when her and her husband first got together she wouldn’t sleep with him until he got a test lol so she put together that it was actually her so you or him could have had it from before depending on how long you’ve been with him and what std it is . But I’d check the shit out of his phone constantly if I was you. Check under other peoples names. People get sneaky. Think of who he works with .

One of you is lying…mic drop

15 Likes

I’m so sorry and feel for you. A friend had a similar experience. Had HPV and STDs. Married for years with children. Never cheated. Asked husband. He swore he never did either. Come to find a year later he had a separate family for years and she never knew. Or even had inkling. I hope it was just a mistake with testing or another answer. But it had to come from somewhere

3 Likes

Hpv i think would be the only one possible without someone cheating…

3 Likes

Proof of cheating is more likely if you guys have tested positive for chlamydia or gonorrhea, but if we’re talking about HSV (herpes), it’s very possible that one or even both of you have had that for a very long time as it can lie dormant for years

6 Likes

It’s possible but rare I would have a hard time with this one.

1 Like

I’ve had a friend in the past, catch her bf cheating because her std test came back positive. If you didn’t cheat, then he did.

1 Like

that means he cheated then sorry to say and if someone wants to cheat they find the time so saying he didnt have time to theres always time

It depends on what it is too. I had a situation like that and it had turned out that he was in fact cheating. What I learned was way worse than that by the end of it still doing with that but anyway that’s my experience

Depends on the std I got chlamydia of a toilet seat the hospital while I was 71/2 months pregnant not all stds are transferred though sex

2 Likes

Some can linger in the system and pop up or flare up until YEARS later… so it really depends on the specific STD…

4 Likes

People ALWAYS find a way to cheat

1 Like

What type of STD was it because if it was like a bacterial infection that could just be from hormones

3 Likes

This totally depends on the STD! If it is HSV (herpies) either one of you could have got it before you were even married and not have known it until now when you were tested for it. It definitely does not mean he cheated on you. So many people have herpies and most of them will go their whole life never even knowing they have it because they have no symptoms.

4 Likes

Your man MOST LIKELY cheated

3 Likes

Food for thought… if positions were flipped and your husband came to you saying he had an std and didn’t cheat but you know for good and 100% that you didn’t so obviously he’s lying right? So you would be absolutely furious and wouldn’t take getting tested and being put on meds lightly as you know he gave it to you. So… why is he so calm about you telling him and getting meds so nonchalant like it’s an everyday normal life occurrence? Like he knows for a fact that you didn’t cheat so he’s not mad at all?? Sounds iffy.

20 Likes

I got one after I gave birth years ago. It was a bacteria infection. That could have come from even just reusing the same towel too many times.

1 Like

HPV can lie dormant in the body for years. Something could have triggered it to flair such as stress or illness. It’s possible to not even know you have it.

2 Likes

U gotta be dumb as to think he didn’t cheat

1 Like

Here’s a question did you think about being retested? Maybe a false positive or a mix up in the lab.

1 Like

Venereal warts can have no symptoms and actually someone can “have” for a long time and not know it so for instance could have been contracted from a previous partner and then passed unknowingly. Some types of them go away some can actually result in cancer and depending on hormones you can have them for a long time and a hormonal change can bring on a breakout

I was told, by a doctor once, that sometimes STD’s can lay dormant in the body for up to 10 years.

6 Likes

Probably cheated me n my husband work we would get home same time allways together on tge weekends we never left each other then boom i got a message from a chic that he been cheating with her she even sent photos i kick him out n all thank god no infection o std but this just shows not all men say what the say they are doing i be question the dr how long what type if it is possible my experience i would of never known he was cheating until i got the messages n photos

That’s how I found out my ex was cheating on me. I tested positive for chlamydia. He tried to push it off as if we had sex while I had a yeast infection blah blah. But the nurse was like, no dude, that’s not how that works. I got treated for it and it cleared up. He confessed. I never in a million years would have guessed he was unfaithful at the time either.

1 Like

There are ways to cheat take a day off work and pretend that he’s going, or working back late or earlier, I hope he’s not for your sake you need to take more notice is he doing anything different, shaving more showering as soon as he comes home

1 Like

It depends on the std. It’s best not to jump to conclusions but to talk to a medical professional. I know it’s easy to assume the other party cheated when you know you have :100: been faithful. Not all stds come purely just from having sex though like stated above. For instance chlamydia can be dormant in your system for years as well as herpes and HPV without any positives or symptoms… best bet is to talk to a doctor. Your husband could also test negative and then it could all be turned around on you, who is to keep him from thinking you’re the one that cheated then​:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Some STDs don’t show right away. You can have it for years and then bam, there it is.

1 Like

You can be a carrier and not show symptoms for over 10 years

1 Like

If its hpv or herpes they can go undetected for years. Literal years. It could have been before.

2 Likes

Which STD don’t be naive ask your doctor

Just because someone’s goes to work and comes straight home doesn’t mean they don’t cheat. I got cheated by on their lunch hour. If they want to they’ll find a way.

7 Likes

You’re in denial :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Ask your doctor if it can be contracted other ways than just sex. Or be real with yourself because it came from somewhere.

6 Likes

You better call Cheaters!!

Depending on the STD it could “re-flare” as drs like to say lol if op would like to message me they are more then welcome to :blush:

3 Likes

I work in a std clinic and if you came back positive someone has cheated. We always say it takes 3 for an std. Good luck.

14 Likes

I work for an ob/gyn and it really depends on the STD. Yes it can lay dormant in your system and not have any signs or symptoms, and wouldn’t know u have something unless u get tested for it. You can also have false positive results. No test is 100% accurate. Definitely to you doctor more

5 Likes

It’s definitely possible for some to lay dormant, I know from experience. It is NOT a sure sign that someone is cheating. I had one doctor who said someone had to be cheating and another that said don’t worry about it because they do not always show up right away. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

When was the last time you were tested?

Also, if it’s HPV, I would go back for further testing. I had a pap smear and they said it was abnormal for HPV and I had to have another one. The next one was normal

1 Like

My scumbag of an ex cheated with his supervisor, at work. Not saying that’s what’s happening here, but it does and can happen. Also, some STD’s will lay dormant for years before showing any signs, symptoms.

2 Likes

#1 I’d ask for a re-test. Samples get messed up, contaminated. Results can be confused.
#2 if it’s still positive then ask the Dr if it in fact proves your husband has cheated or if there could’ve been another way you got it.
#3 this is too serious for facebook. I get it you want expirences from others. But their expirences don’t represent all the facts. Get real facts from professionals before you confront your husband.

7 Likes

Without knowing the STD you can’t get any decent information. Talk to your doctor ask your doctor. Only you and your doctor know which disease it is, and which strain of which disease it is. You need o consider if you have been tested in the past, and when, what the disease is because that greatly effects the possibilities. Just please speak to your doctor, tell him or her your concerns, ask your doctor every question you have. And use your brain to think, not your heart.

Depends what it is…you can catch something and show no symptoms for years 🤷

1 Like

Is he accusing you of cheating :thinking: if not then he knows it was him

4 Likes

If my doctor told me I had an STD after being faithful to my husband for years I would blow the fuck up, probably take his phone and see who tf he’s talking to and what he’s been hiding.

Ignorance is bliss. You must be very happy. Wake up. He’s a cheater.

7 Likes

If he really didnt cheat he would be questioning or blaming you . Or if its herpes or something of that nature you guys could have had it long and never known. Anything else he cheated . :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

You can get and transfer STD/ STI from the mouth to genitals and vice versa. Be safe y’all. Trust me… got it from a dude I thought was my man. But he was everybody’s man… you really never know.

1 Like

I’ve never been interest in the habit and I’m not asking ur business at all, but I’ve heard sharing needles in drug use can spread STDs

Could’ve just not shown up until now, that’s why I get tested every 6 months even though I’ve been with the same person.

Ummm you need to speak with your obgyn and see if this can be caught any other way or if like some STDs it can be dormant and emerge later. If not and you are definitely faithful I think you’ll need to speak to ur husband again.

4 Likes

If you didn’t cheat. And you don’t have an third person in your marriage then he cheated. It’s not rocket science. It’s putting two and two together

10 Likes

Lol!!! Someone has clearly NOT been faithful.

6 Likes

Was this the first time you’ve been tested since y’all got together? He could have had it before you and never known

7 Likes

Idk what it was but shit can go undiagnosed if there are no symptoms he could have had it before you could have had it before …it could be a false positive

It can take years to show symptoms in some stds and some don’t show any at all, and yes there is ways to get stds without sexual contact (its harder but possible) stds are spread through bodily fluid (that means ANY bodily fluid including things like saliva, snot, urine and blood depending on the exact std) so yes, its possible to have come in contact some other way, rare but possible

2 Likes

Jeez instead of helping her with actual facts, helping her actually feel better… y’all are feeding on the misery you cause by playing on the oh he definitely cheated on you side off the coin. Wtf ladies? No class at all.

3 Likes

Have been tested since u and him been together? Either he cheated or u have had this for yrs! The only real way to know is a lie detector!!! Steeeeeeeve wilkos

2 Likes

It depends on what STD, if you have had the chicken pox you can test positive for herpes. Some women problems are sexually transmitted but don’t outright mean someone cheated.

He cheated whether you want to think he did or not…if you know you didnt.

Depends on the STD…if it was trichomoniasis u can get it by touching something that had it on the surface then touch your vagina without washing and u can get it. Or sharing clothing with someone that has it… something like that…but others are only from sex…

Sexually. Transmitted. Disease. That’s how you got it. Sex. :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Sorry sis but one of y’all cheated

3 Likes