I tested positive for COVID and am afraid I am going to pass it to my kids: Advice?

I was very sick with covid my 2 yr old and 7 year old showed no symptoms. I have a baby girl now too who was exposed and she thank God had 0 symptoms as well

Well hate to break it to ya but your kids have already been exposed. Kids generally don’t show extreme symptoms.
My son who has asthma had a runny nose and my daughter had a fever for 6 hours.
My husband and I both tested positive so we all just got it and quarantined together.
Don’t freak out.

Me and my husband had it. My 4 year old and 11 month old, never did anything more than cough. My 10 yr old was a symptomatic. The ER Dr. said she doesn’t worry to much when kids get it. They are pretty resilient to the virus.

I had it. My husband and 4 kids did not get it.

Be cautious like you would if you were sick with anything else.
My 5 year old got covid while at her father (came home before we knew she was exposed) her father’s household was extremely sick. My household had to quarantine with her for 2 weeks and even though she was positive she did not have a single symptom nor did she pass it to us. Every case is different.

My husband and I got it. My 4 month and 14 year old did not get it. My 8 year old did get it. She had a headache and sore thorat for like 3 days and then was just fine. She bounced right back. She also as asthma. So that scared the shit out of me with her getting it.

Think abt tbe viral load , wear gloves around the house and a goid masks , wipe all surfaces and open windows for good air exchange . Try to confine yourself to a room and only go out of it when you must . Have water and other needs handy near by so others dont have to come in often and expose themselves. Keep spraying all door handles ect… even put a fan in a window blowing out in the room your in , it will draw bad air out and keep bad air from going out into the house when door is opened. Good luck get well .

I had it in August and my 8 year old drank after me, ate after me, wouldn’t get out of my face, laying on my pillow and he never caught it, he has been exposed to all of his grandparents who have tested positive for covid and they didn’t mention to me they were sick and he still hasn’t caught it, all the kids that come in that were exposed and the few that tested positive the symptoms are extremely mild for them, some nasal congestion maybe a cough and low grade temp. Unless your kids have some serious underlying medical conditions I would not stress yourself out worrying about it

I had it, my husband and 4 kids never got it.

1 Like

It is very rare in kids but should they contract it,it’s not so severe for them as adults,as soon as they receive treatment it subsides,but wear gloves and masks and disinfect as you go,drink a lot of warm water and steam 3 times a day and if there’s sun just sit in it for 15-30 minutes

I was afraid of the same. As a parent it’s hard to not take care of your kids especially if they’re little. My son ended up getting it from me and the only way we knew was his taste and smell was gone. He has no other symptoms…kids are very resilient… hopefully if they do get it, it’s the same as mine. I also have friends who both got Covid and their kids never got it.

But what can happen if the mother get it and she is breast feeding a little one of 4 months.

Not sure but I loose my taste and smell with a regular cold.

First. Remember that your mind is powerful and can wreak just as much (or more) havoc on your body as the illness itself.
So take a breath and practice some grounding techniques. Panic isnt going to help anyone.

1. Just because you have it doesnt mean anyone else’s guaranteed to get it. My mom lives with us. She tested positive 12/03. I made the decison that I didnt want her to mask or quarantine to her room. If we were gonna get it it was going to be while we were already on quarantine…and absolutely no one got it.
    We passed flu B around instead.
1 Like

Luckily kids don’t seem to get too bad of symptoms or anything at all. Wishing you a speedy recovery :slightly_smiling_face:

If u are breast feeding :…A women posted her breastmilk before and after having covid . The looks were different because u can see the antibodies in the covid milk . Researchers are looking into breastmilk benefits to fight covid currently .

My brother wife and kids all got it. Kids were over it in 2 days

1 Like

If you live with your children co-sleep with your children kiss your children before you tested positive chances are your kids probably have it already they just might be asymptomatic BUT if they don’t have it already I would suggest wearing a mask around them if you have to be around them refrain from kissing them without a mask on co-sleeping or anything like that that is in close proximity wash your hands constantly wash their hands constantly sanitize everything try to keep your house clean or if it’s possible isolate yourself in another room completely away from them and have someone who is not sick take care of them until you test negative.

2 Likes

Me and my 11 month old caught it. But my 10, 6 and 3 year old didn’t. Good luck mama.

Myself and my partner had covid a few weeks ago and we have a 4 week old baby and 3 older kids, I was petrified I would pass it on to them we just isolated together and I wore a mask when feeding and cuddling the baby and thankfully none of them contracted it

My daughter’s friend (31 yrs old) had it. Her live in partner and 3 yr old daughter did not get it. All 3 of them slept in the same bed every night.

Prayers calm your fears wear amask call your doctor talk with them ask them what you should do take precautions

You tested positive which 90% of the people that get tested comes back positive that doesn’t mean you’re infected

Prayer chain for this family. Amen

My daughter and grandkids had it but only a mild case she said they take vitamins regularly. My coworker also had it and the doctor told her to take vitamin C D3 Zinc and Magnesium. I hope this helps

When I had it in November I was lucky enough to be able to quarantine in my own bedroom/bathroom but my bf and 6 yo daughter were still in the house. Obviously didn’t touch or hug them and they stayed away and managed not to get it…they would just check in on me from the doorway as I couldn’t get out of bed most of the time

Yes my daughter and her husband got it with 3 daughters and they did not get it she has a 10 years and 5 and 9 months but all went well thanks to God just you take medication and keep wiping clean when you feel with strength my daughter did feel bad some days but kept cleaning and disinfecting house and all turn out good .

They have been exposed. Just continue to wear your mask around them though, sanitize and disinfect all common areas of your home frequently, wash your hands frequently. Do as little as possible with them which I know will be hard with them being so little but you will make it work for the next 14 days. Hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery and good health.
My patients family had it a few months back but non of the nurses that came into the home or the patient we care for got it for doing the above things.

I had it, 2 of my four kids felt ill but only felt crappy for a day. Mild fevers and just tired out and crabby. They felt fine by the next day. We all just quarantined the two weeks. Wasn’t a big deal for us. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

No kissimg them no sharing anything. Wear your masks etc. Its hard but do able

I had it too and I have a 7 and 12 year old. I wore a mask in the house the whole time. I cleaned every surface I touched with clorox wipes. Cleaned the bathroom and kitchen like no other. I also every morning opened some windows and doors for about a half an hour to let fresh air in. Disinfectant sprayed all door knobs light switches.

If you don’t have fever u should be good.
Just don’t kiss your kids on their face. Keep your mask on.
I have a 2 month old a 3 and 5 year old nothing ever happened to them. If they develop a symptom just give them tylenol or motrin they should be OKAY! DONT STRESS ABOUT IT!
TAKE IT DAY NY DAY.

1 Like

Do not let stress have more effect on your body, use a mask, children are not strong, give them vitamins and prebiotics, if they have any symptoms give them Tylenol. At home my husband was sick and our children had only two symptoms, it lasted one day.

My never and his gf had it and was quarantined with a new born and a one year old, the babies never showed any signs

I had gotten it and fortunately my daughter didn’t show any symptoms. I wore a mask at all times and would sanitize everything I could. I would use laundry sanitizer to wash our clothes and would wash blankets every 2 days. Try to stay positive and not to stress so much. Not good for your immune system. Prayers you get well soon

Ok so I just had COVID (tested positive dec 27th) and I have 3 small kids. Had basically the same symptoms as you. I tried to keep my distance hard to do with little ones but I did it as much as I could. I washed my hands constantly, I drank all the time, I took a steamy shower twice a day and it helped with the congestion. I started taking vitamins and eating lots of protein. I used Sudafed p e to lessen my symptoms. I’m still not 100% but slowly getting there. Best wishes

2 Likes

Don’t listen to people who say things along the line of ‘kids are not catching it’ or kids don’t get it’ that is not true. Kids do and will catch but most of the time they either have very few symptoms or are asymptotic so most people wouldn’t know if their kids caught it anyway. Yes they have already been exposed but if u can’t quarantine yourself in a room and let your partner look after the kids, I would wear a mask, keep good hand hygiene and wipe over surfaces regularly. Don’t panic if they do get it they bounce back quickly. If ur single and are feeling really ill maybe get someone to come and take your the kids, they 2 would then have to quarantine for 10 days too

I got it from my kid. We just did chamomile tea with honey and lemon. And took vitamin C. We were over it in about 4 days. She had it worse than we did though. She had high fever, and would say her body hurt all over. (She was 2) she had it right at the beginning of it. I think the reason me and my husband wasn’t as bad was because as soon as she got sick we started taking it and was dosing up before we got sick. I don’t know what preventative measures you can do for your 4 month old but the 5 year old you can do the tea and vitamin C to boost they’re immune system.

Our family just got through COVID. I got it, my husband got it, our 19y/o daughter, our 20y/o son. Somehow, our 13 & 8y/o sons did NOT get it… or showed no symptoms. For all of us it was no worse than a cold, thank God!

You need to leave and go quarantine someplace.

Glad to hear you guys are doing well :pray::couplekiss_woman_woman: