I think my best friend called CPS on me: Advice?

Wait!!! What happened to the poor piggy?!?!!!

2 Likes

You need to ask her right out without accusing her. She may have mentioned it to someone else she thought she could totally trust

2 Likes

So glad that your friend, took the stand to keep your own children safe, when all you care about is the wolf dog.
If it attacked the pig, then it could easily attacked the children.

26 Likes

I understand the hurt you may feel, but really. Someone was worried for the welfare of your child…many people turn blind eyes. If unfounded, nbd. But
…what about all the littles who fall through the cracks. They did their job, she did hers as a concerned citizen. Again. Prob a changed friendship. But. Big picture. Cps exists for a reason.

I have 2 pitbull terriers and 1 American bulldog and have previously owned other pitbulls and been brought up around them. Trust my dogs with my kids more than I trust some people and hate when people judge my dogs before knowing them so i feel sort of bad saying this but I duno man, I just wouldn’t ever own a wolf dog🤷‍♀️ lol

4 Likes

I had a mastiff. A rescue. He bit my sons eye and my son had to have surgery. The dog did not survive.

2 Likes

Yikes. Just watch your kids around the dog ALWAYS.

2 Likes

A lot of you are warped for thinking cps should been called. Cps is last resort.

6 Likes

In the state where you live are wolf breed dogs allowed?
Dogs that have wolf in them aren’t always the best dogs to have around your children.

5 Likes

Wolf hybrids are dangerous and shouldn’t be pets.

18 Likes

I’d personally get rid of the dog and the friend because I don’t trust wolves or snakes😬 but that’s just me

34 Likes

Any dog big or small may bite like said above just be careful in raising your pets its how they treated n trained not just the breed

1 Like

Yea that’s a hard no for me. I’d drop her, no contact, block her on everything, a true friend wpuld have talked to you about it… As for the dog, you had a prey Animal next to a half hunting animal. Not a good idea. Hybrids take alot of work. Be aware when he’s around the children.

18 Likes

Either call her & stop all contact or just stop all contact. If she asks why, tell her she can’t be trusted.
Provided you work on keeping the dog & pig apart, and supervise the dog with your children, you should be ok.

Eh… I had a dog that was human aggressive and dog aggressive, it broke me but I had her put down when my child was born. I couldn’t risk my child’s life for a dog. If the friend expressed concern and you ignored it, I would reach out to someone who could make reason be seen. Probably not CPS, but someone.

5 Likes

why do you have a wolf dog & a pig? :woozy_face: this some :blonde_woman:t2::blonde_man:t2::poop:

secondly, i’d be concerned too. has your friend tried talking to you about this before?

although it’s clear you care more about your wolf than your kids… a wolf is a wild animal. first the pig & y’all can be next…

11 Likes

So people saying she isn’t a real friend would prefer people in their lives that will turn a blind eye. Clearly if the friend brought it up with her she would not have listened. And the kids could’ve mentioned this to a teacher or their friends etc

5 Likes

Get rid of the friend, and the dog. Once they taste blood they will keep going for blood. That’s why those dogs are banned in many places.

I grew up with a house full of huskies and my parents bred them. They were all big babies and the mom and dad used to let us ride them like horses when my sisters and I were little. They ate wild animals and after my dad was done skinning an animal, our huskies loved eating some of the scraps. They NEVER attacked any of us or my friends. In my opinion it’s how well the dogs are trained and loved. Probably shouldn’t have had a pig in the house or kept a closer eye on the kids around the dog or the dog around the kids. I also think the friend should have said something to you. Maybe she had before this incident and you didn’t listen or got angry with her. Who knows. :woman_shrugging:. I’m sure there’s more to the story.

3 Likes

If your friend call cps on you, not a friend.

3 Likes

Well maybe she has seen more than you are telling us,she may have saved a life🤷‍♀️

16 Likes

I’d Honestly be blunt and upfront about it and ask her straight out if she did and why and then drop that :wastebasket: like a bag of potatoes.

She’s obviously not much of a friend if she can’t even come to you with her concern first and secondly it’s best you get rid of the dog in case they decide to stop in and say hello again AND to not have to be constantly stressing if the dog will attack something or someone else.

I know it’s not easy or fun or anything but when it comes to kids you gotta put them first :confused: especially if cps already has you on file which they may do now that there’s been a complaint against you so if they receive another and another then they will come out again …

Wow that’s super messed up. Just because your dog hurt another animal means nothing about him/ her hurting your kids. CPS should not have been called. It’s natural for a wolf dog to do things like that. It’s called a prey drive. Stupid.im sorry that happened to you. Just call her out.

1 Like

I am so sorry. I had a 3/4 wolf dog. Had him checked at the vet and fixed . Lived on 6 acres in the woods , with kids. Best rescue I’d ever had. Very protective of family. Would only listen to family. I would be hurt also. Distance yourself from your former friend. Now you know her true colors. No reason to explain anything to her. She didn’t you. You know your dog better than anyone. You know the boundaries and risks. Use your own judgement.

2 Likes

Get rid of the dog. It sounds aggressive.

2 Likes

Sometimes people need some tough love. I HOPE my bestie cares so much about my kids that she would risk anything, even our friendship, to keep them safe! :woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

How old are your kids ?

If she did… then she probably felt like she had no other options and was seriously scared for your children. Personally you shouldn’t have that kind of dog around children.

11 Likes

My guess is she confronted you about it first, you blew off her concerns, and she tried to protect your children since you’re putting a dog with the potential to severely harm your children ahead of their safety.

33 Likes

Lmao I hope she calls again. You’re not logical.

3 Likes

Is your friend a mandatory reported? It is against the law for her to not report incidents like that if she is and can wind her up with jail time if they ever find out a mandatory reporter knew and did not report. 

1 Like

Sounds like most of you can’t read! She said her best friend Never discussed her concern with her… she just went behind her back and called on her.
And for those saying maybe the best friend told someone else her personal business, that’s equally Wrong!
If there was something going on in my best friends life, the same as with one of my family members family, that I felt was serious enough that it warranted a call to CPS… I’d have that conversation with them FIRST, that way I know my conscience is guilt-free, because I did all I could, before having to resort to involving an agency that will most likely take the children away, separating them and putting them into the System!!!
What she did, either calling them behind her back herself, or by spreading her personal business with someone else that did it… THAT’s a deal breaker! We can’t be friends no more!!

20 Likes

I love dogs but wolf dogs can be unpredictable

8 Likes

the people in the comments who have no clue as to the mindset of a wolf dog is baffling.
That dog would never go after the kids i guarantee, the pig is a different story. It’s no different than a pit bull going after a cat. Prey drive and instinct. Kids are part of the pack/family. Pig wasn’t.

22 Likes

Honestly, it’s sad but I had to rehome my dog for aggression against other animals. I didn’t think he would ever hurt my kids, but just for a second I realized he was unpredictable with animals… what makes my children any different one day. It broke my heart into a million pieces but it would have killed me inside if he hurt my babies.

7 Likes

Maybe she’s genuinely concerned about the kids and knew you wouldn’t receive her concern very well. Did you ever think the dog would attack your pig?

12 Likes

Don’t listen to those who don’t know you or your dog if their advice is that your in the wrong. Honestly, if you know your dog and your a with it parent your doing great. People who don’t talk to you about an issue they have with your and go behind your back are not your friend. It’s a hard lesson to learn. It hurts very deeply. But it’s their problem they have. They are trying to force your hand. But you’ll be fine as your doing good by your kids. Heaps of dogs like chickens lol or other prey animals. It’s in a lot of dogs instincts. But that’s not the same as them wanting to hurt your children. I wouldn’t talk to the person as they won’t change their mind. They’ll change explain why you are wrong pretty much. Just do your best to heal and let them be and don’t be involved with them anymore as they will continue this character trait down the track in other ways to cause more strife and heartache for you. All you need to do is protect yourself and your children from them! Lol. Not the dog lol. There are people who don’t understand our situ or would do things differently but that doesn’t mean your doing anything wrong. But that person did to go behind your back.

9 Likes

It’s her the friend that needs to be monitored

4 Likes

My gut instinct tells me the best friend was worried and shared it with a friend or a family member of hers. And the friend or family member called in to report.

7 Likes

One thing I’ve learned from experience is you can almost never approach a dog person with a concern about their dog. If it was your friend she probably was legitimately concerned for your kids, but knew you wouldn’t even consider the possibility. Depending on where you live that wolf is likely illegal. Even if it isn’t illegal those types of pets don’t mix with kids. You always think they would never do something until they do.

19 Likes

Sorry but if your dog attacked another animal there is no saying weather it would attack your child or not and I wouldn’t be surprised if it did at some point

7 Likes

Sounds like you need the CPS to be involved if you’re that stupid to have dangerous dog around your children

11 Likes

You have a wolf dog around your kids? She probably did tell you already and you didn’t listen. Just get rid of it for your kids sake! It’s a wild animal!

15 Likes

I had a dog who was my best friend! And it broke my heart but I had to find him a home that suited him with no children or other animals because it killed my small dog. I loved my dog but I didn’t want to risk the dog hurting my children not that I thought he would of

4 Likes

I mean, my dog has killed a chicken or 2 but would never ever even think about attacking a kid… the owner knows the dog. I really think the “friend” should have confronted her about her concerns before calling CPS…

8 Likes

straight up confront her! I wouldn’t allow her too close after this.

8 Likes

Sorry but I’d never have a dog like that around any child, it’s attacked once and it WILL attack again theirs no guarantee what so ever it won’t be your child next… the dog would have been gone straight away.

8 Likes

She’s not your real friend if she couldn’t talk to you face to face especially concerning your tamariki/children. And if she did confront you and you pushed it aside then you are an idiot. Still not cool having friends go behind you’re back that’s an INSTANT DISMISSAL on the friendship zone. Cut all ties abort mission in that area :joy::joy:

5 Likes

This isn’t a normal fog and i don’t think a lot of commenters really understand that. Wolf dogs have a pretty high prey drive. They will go after anything Including you as a grown adult you are not safe. You say that your dog would never but did you think he ever would go after your pig? That a wolf trait animal would go after what it perceived as prey? Have you done any research into what it takes to even properly care for a true wolf hybrid?

What I see is someone who saw you downplaying a serious event with a dog that is always at risk of being aggressive bc of it’s dna and called the people who can handle the situation. Bc let’s face it you did nothing after it went after your pig right? Maybe you were like no no doggo. Why you even had a pet pig around a high prey drive animal is beyond me!!? That was always gonna turn out poorly. Anyone could do minimal research and see that. Your dog isn’t special just bc you love it. Your dog is special bc it has a higher chance of acting more feral.

37 Likes

You are deluded if you think your 50% wolf dog will NEVER attack your children

14 Likes

You make it sound like there’s even a choice between the mixed wolf/dog and kids???.. I find rehoming a pet is far better than the possible outcome of my child being in any slight possibility of harms way

4 Likes

You can’t ever say that a dog will not attack any child or person because at the end of the day that is what they know it’s their nature . Even the nicest dog or animal can turn in an instant. As for the friend going behind your back that’s not on. She should of had the balls to say it to your face. If you have no issues let them do their checks and they will be on their way if they find no reason to be involved with you and your family. They too are just doing their job. They are there to safe guard children at the end of the day and make sure they live in a clean and safe environment if they didn’t come check and something happened well that’s a whole other mess. Me personally I’d speak to your friend to find out the whole story because she must of been scared enough for your children to call in the first place so she obviously loves and adores your children to have done this albeit she could of went about it differently. She is probably waiting for you to bring it up so she can explain as to why she done it in the first place. I know you are pissed but sit down and actually listen and speak to her. You are both adults so I’m sure you can act like it when you have this conversation because it does need to happen. She did break your trust but she did it for a good reason in my opinion because when it comes to children there is no hold barred specially when it comes to safety.

The dog should go imho. I love wolf dogs but attacks on anything can’t be tolerated when you have small children.

3 Likes

Your dog has never been a danger, yet. Yet is key. If your dog attacked another animal it’s only a matter of time before it attacks your child. Or you. The wolf part of your dog will never be tame or domesticated. Your dog is a wolf more than a dog.

Had your friend come to you about their concerns you likely would have dismissed them or minimized them, just like you did in this post.

Your friend is concerned for your children’s safety. That’s being a good friend.

23 Likes

Lose contact ignore stay away bite once is good enough that was your wake up call

2 Likes

You don’t have to be confrontational she is your friend just ask her outright an if it was her just say if she had concerns please come to you first in future and I’m sure if your dog is unsafe in any way you will put your children’s safety first.Job done :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Your dog attacked a pet pig and you see no danger here??? Uh… you are very mistakin!

2 Likes

:tada:Poster , I hope you are really listening to the advice people here are giving. Your family’s safety is more important and it is your duty to protect your children :tada:

1 Like

Worry about your kids first. Our children first.

2 Likes

I agree with op that calling CPS is not the way to handle it. I haven’t seen the situation tho. But I would just cut contact completely

3 Likes

We should all be so lucky to have friends that 100% have our children best interests at heart :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Maybe she thought you wouldn’t listen and because she loves your children and you that much that she felt pushed toward that decision sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. I really wouldn’t fall out with her. It’s quite serious. I’m such a die hard animal lover but once an animal has shown aggression you really do have to be extremely careful & keep them away from children. The risk factor is there.

Your friend did what she thought was the right thing by you. Real friends call you out When you’re wrong remember that! It may feel like betrayal now but if something bad ever did happen you will think back on this.

Letting an animal go is heartbreaking they are family but the children must always come first.

Sorry you’re having to go through this too. It sounds really stressful. Be kind to yourself & really take some time to think about this situation :black_heart:

4 Likes

It was most likely animal control who called considering that if they see ot by law they have to say something. In which case is stupid here. But I’m sorry your going thru that

You shouldn’t own a wolf dog or any animal if you don’t think it could ever be a threat to you or anyone else

1 Like

Forget that ive seen this happen on I was prey its called an the wolf dog attacked a full grown adult he was lucky to be alive to tell the story but its your wolf dog nobody else’s

The amount of people who don’t know the difference between what a prey driven response and an actual attack are is astounding. Just say you’re uneducated about Canines and actually try to learn something instead of bashing a mother over your preconceived opinions of what an animal is like that you’ve never encountered…

To the MOTHER…she’s not your friend. She chose to go behind your back to a STRANGER of authority no less knowing the consequences instead of addressing you like an adult and another human being. You cut ties and worry about the safety of your DOG. They will most likely take him and put him in quarantine and stress test him to see if he attacks a human…I’m really praying for you and I’m not even religious…this whole situation I’d a nasty one that could’ve been avoided if she had been an adult instead of a “Karen”.

5 Likes

It’s NOT normal for a dog to kill chickens/cats/small animals.
My dog bit me after killing a rabbit a few months before. 14 stitches on my face.
She now,after a year, snaps at my teens.

3 Likes

The question here isn’t if the friend was right in feeling that way, the question here is should she have called freaking CPS on her without even talking to her first. And the answer to that is a HARD HELL NO!!

7 Likes

Umm could kids have mentioned it to someone? A teacher, daycare worker ?

5 Likes

Depending on where you are, any time there’s a dog attack in the home, regardless of it it were another person or animal, CPS is generally initiated to ensure the child is safe in the home with the animal.

1 Like

Be grateful that someone loves your children enough to get you help. Cps is not always a bad thing. Also I know when people assume they know who made the call, they are typically wrong

9 Likes

l Get paid over $105 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16491 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://IncomeGreat771.pages.dev/

I’m gonna be this person…,

7 Likes

100% reason why I do not keep friends or tell any personal aspects of my life.

You can’t trust anyone to not double cross you.

7 Likes

Lose her, she could have come to you first

1 Like

l Get paid over $109 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16943 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://proworkings1391.pages.dev/

Why would you have a half wolf dog in the first place yes your kids are at risk…

9 Likes

Advice: END THAT “FRIEND”ship!!! NO single friend would EVERRRR bring CPS into your home, EVERRRR!!! That is so so sad that someone you refer to as your best friend, would call a government agency into your home, instead of just voicing their concerns to you! Toss that friend in the :wastebasket:!! That’s just beyond weird!

11 Likes

She probably thought it be anonymous and figures others may have known that information as well and after finding our your wolf dog attacked your pet pig she was very concerned for the kids safety and probably figured you would get defensive and say like pretty much everyone does “but my dog has never or would never hurt the kids.”
My friends daughter was attacked by her sisters dog who she knew since it was born and always is around her, playing and loving on the dog and one day snapped at her and the dog bit her leg so bad she needed over 80 stitches. Sorry she went behind your back but no she obviously felt concerned for your kids safety.

4 Likes

Once a dog bites you should be concerned for your kids safety . Yes you know your dog but you never did mention why the dog went after the pig to begin with or do you not know . A friend would of should of brought up concerns with you but how do you handle situations with people not agreeing with any situation . Do you talk when the both of you do not agree on certain issues or vice versa. For her to go behind your back or call anonymous she feels like you would attack her over the concerns or end your friendship ? Will not know unless you ask her or a neighbor might know what happen and children of course will go tell everyone they know even if you tell them to keep it at the home . Still once a dog bites or attacks it will happen again and then again maybe not but its always a concern once a dog does this .

11 Likes

I’m just gonna post this here for people to read and gain some knowledge.

2 Likes

Would you have listened to her? Probably not she was doing what she thought was best for the children and they come first screw your feelings you would have tried to justify the ‘dog’ and say he would never hurt blah blah blah this way If there is nothing to hide there is nothing to worry about

6 Likes

Let me tell you something whoever calls without the child actually being hurt and abuse is disgusting and I’ll pray for them because my ex soon to be ex-husband he fucking sign divorce papers and whatever else friend I actually know who my lawyer and I have already discussed this with the supervisor there’s scam bags I already know who did it and I’ll be stop at lawsuits people should never call child services on another unless a child is being beaten and abused neglected in someone and unfortunately for child services I’ll be still in the balls all for them to for false allegations why my kids texting me right now she can’t sleep at her dad

As someone who has been wrongfully accused of calling cps on my best friend, I suggest you talk to her about this before putting the blame on her. You could be surprised by the response. And if she did, she should have spoken to you about it.

3 Likes

Just ask her! You know your friend so you should be able to tell if she’s being honest or not.

1 Like

Bruh y’all trippin. A dog biting another animal is a far cry from attacking a person :woman_facepalming:t3: there was no reason for CPS. I’d beat any “friend” for that :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

It’s good she called, because you ARE putting your kids at risks. I’m the animal has already shown aggression and violence because sits in its nature, he is part WILD animal so she did the right thing. It’s irresponsible and neglectful to have a wild animal around your babies specially when it has already attacked, ar you waiting for it to attack the children to go”oh I guess I was wrong?” She did a good thing, someone has to care for the kids safety

7 Likes

Did they take the dog??

2 Likes

Dogs and pigs naturally DO NOT get along. A lab, a poodle, a chihuahua…regardless of breed. I have a 130 lb Rottweiler that would make confetti out of our pet pigs (in our barn) - and wouldn’t touch a hair on my kids heads.

So let’s stop with the dangerous dog thing because again, dogs and pigs are natural big time enemies.

If your friend was a friend, she would have talked to you about it.

12 Likes

Your friend could have gone about it a different way. But I definately wouldn’t have a half wolf around my children. It’s not safe and that’s her concern knowing you wouldn’t get rid of it just because someone expressed concern.

3 Likes

l Get paid over $105 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16491 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://IncomeGreat797.pages.dev/

1 Like

Cause she not your best friend I had this happen to me but it was best thing ever cause from that point on I have not let anyone else know anything about me or my son’s life

1 Like

Wolves aren’t dogs. Your friend was right to call. You’re an idiot to have a wolf around children.

14 Likes

Everyone has their own opinion…mine here nor there on the dog…boytom line the friend is concerned for the kids. It did attack a pig…why?
Yes now its a shitshow for you. Just ask her if she did it. If was that good a friend tyen shouldn’t be to hard to confront

Look at all the dog trainers here posting. LOL. Bunch of dopes….

Once someone gets CPS or cops involved, it’s time to get as far away from them as possible. They are trying to ruin your life. RUN as fast as you can, and drop this “friend” before they destroy your kids lives.

13 Likes

Let’s not blame the dog or the poor pig, if we keep animals then it’s our duty to keep them safe from each other and at risk from harm. I would have reported you too. I wouldn’t want your dog destroyed but if a random dog came and attacked your pig then would that be OK with you or would you report the dog?

5 Likes

I’m ex had a dog that was part wolf and he never attacked my kids he is the most goofiest dog there is and sweet.

Be careful with half wild dogs. My mom has one who we thought would only hurt animals… Until one day my 4 year old son was sitting across the room playing (several people witnessed this) and the dog jumped up unprovoked and attacked my baby! Bit him right in the face and now he has a permanent scar.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t assume it was your best friend. It could have been a neighbor, one of your kids said something at school or mentioned it to a friend’s parents. It literally could be anybody.

9 Likes

Could have been her or someone she told… at 50 I got tired of removing all the knives from my back . Women can be vicious creatures… always do what’s best for ur children as they come first…

14 Likes