I think my best friend called CPS on me: Advice?

I would g just assume it was her but Mabay ask her ? She’s Mabay just worried and wouldn’t think you you listen to her or take her advice xx

Regardless of why she got CPS involved, you now have to drop her fast. She is a willing to break your family up. Steer way clear of her.

And look at all these dopey women. A bunch of back stabbing pieces of trash. If you sit and listen to your friend and then go behind their back and tell personal information about them, you are most certainly not a friend.

If she was so concerned about the dog she should of said something or maybe called animal control. But to call CPS and possibly have your kids ripped from their home and traumatized. She isn’t your friend, or whom ever called is not. If it is her then I would have her trespassed from my property and even a restraining order. You don’t mess with peoples kids. I’ve known people calling CPS to vindictive. That infuriates me.

20 Likes

Just tell her someone did it and see what she says

9 Likes

Cut her off. No need for explanation or drama.

4 Likes

Confront her! You’re supposed to be best friends, you should be able to talk to each other about anything and everything!!!

4 Likes

Wowww a bunch of C U Next Tuesdays on here. I bet the ones talking all that smack are ones that pop pills and drink a bottle of wine before their kids bed time.

10 Likes

Was it CP’s or animal control… Cause that’s different

2 Likes

Sometimes animal control can get cps involved as well

5 Likes

I’d be happy someone was sensible enough to see sense

5 Likes

What kind of person calls cps on a person which could result in you getting your children taken away (all it takes is a case worker saying they think your kids are in danger) over a dog attacking a pig :neutral_face: I would be pissed and definitely confront her and cut her off.

7 Likes

Wild animals are gonna wild. It’s their nature.

3 Likes

That @ss stomping grounds

Wolf hybrids are not safe for small children to be around. Please consider rehoming the dog.

7 Likes

My lorttt. I had a dog who attacked any animal that wasn’t a dog. I have 4 kids and he was the most gentlest dog with my kids.
Attacking another animal is a far cry from attacking a human.
Also. We’re talking about a pig here which most dogs have a natural instinct to hunt. .
I’d find out who called CPS and wouldn’t give them a second more to explain themselves. Forgive them for you but leave no room in your life for people like that. CPS isn’t a game and should have never been called over something like that.

21 Likes

If u have kids get rid of the dog

7 Likes

And that my dear, is why I don’t have many friends. As you go through life, you find out, most people are fake af. I’m sorry, I know that feeling all too well, when you get that knock on the door.

16 Likes

More than likely, had she even came to with the concern, you would have dismissed it. Confront her and tell her how u wish she wouldve handled it. But also see where shes coming from…atleast it was a geniune concern and not her calling them out of anger/retaliation and telling them complete lies to try and get them taken away.

Then again, she also could’ve went to someone else for advise on how to confront the situation and they called. You will never know until you talk to her.

5 Likes

You need to talk to her and you need to also stop and think how you would of reacted if it was reversed. Best friends or not…children’s safety comes first. Once an animal tastes blood it changes.

7 Likes

If someone called animal control, animal control probably got CPS involved. You have literal wild animals mauling other animals and you’re surprised people are concerned for the welfare of your kids :woman_facepalming:t2:

16 Likes

Attacked the pet pig?

l Get paid over $105 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16491 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://IncomeGreat813.pages.dev/

She’s not your friend. Get rid of her not the animal

4 Likes

Your kids are always in danger around a half wolf dog. It is half wolf. Wild. I’ve been attacked by a half wolf dog.

5 Likes

You shouldn’t be owning a wolf dog and have it around kids. I met an Indian who owned a full blood wolf and they are only allowed to. He gave me ao much info on how he wont sell wolf pups to anyone but Indian and talked bout how dangerous it would be. Ao yea don’t have it around ur kids

4 Likes

Did the friend tell you her concerns about the kids safety after the dog attacked the pig?

Sounds like you have a friend that cares about the welfare of your children. The wolf mauled another pet & you think your children are safe? She probably mentioned it to you & you blew her off.

29 Likes

I had a half wolf dog growing up, and was around others. He and the others where the most loving and gentle with me. He use to curl up with me for bed! They can be so loving.

1 Like

Your dog is not a dog. It is half wolf. Unpredictable. I’ve personally had a friend that had their “dog” that was half wolf put down because it attacked their child after showing no signs of aggression it’s entire 5 years of life. Wolfs are not meant to be Pets. Animal Control will call CPS as well when a aggressive animal is in a home with children, doesn’t mean your friend did it.

5 Likes

I’m sorry but why would you think it’s a good idea to have a wolf hybrid and a pig… under the same roof… come on

23 Likes

“I’ve been attacked by a X, they’re clearly bad and aggressive breeds!!!” Cool, I’ve been attacked by a beagle. Grab your pitchforks. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Time to take the trash out and git rid of the friend. A real friend would come to you, not be a pansy and call cps. :woman_shrugging:

I’m on the fence on this one. I’m a huge dog lover…but, your dog is half wolf which changes things. It took thousands of years to breed out the wild in domesticated dogs so the wild is still in your animal lurking. Proof of that is simply your pet pig was killed!! There’s no way I would trust that animal around my kids. You need to give that animal to a sanctuary or someone who doesn’t have kids. You don’t take chances with your kids like that!!! Poor pet pig. :disappointed:

10 Likes

That is a best friend! Best friends are the ones who do the uncomfortable things when they need to be done - ppl that don’t give a damn would have just let that go like ehh not my problem

The she isn’t a friend. Period. You don’t need to say anything
…just cut her off. I have 4 kids under 12. I have 2 parrots, 100 chickens, 3 cats, 3 rabbits and one of my 7 dogs is a high content wolfdog. My Akita we have as well has done exactly what your dog did… she’s killed several chickens And ducks… however all my animals are great with kids and people. People say wolfdogs are an unstable horrible breed and they aren’t as long as your an educated person about them. Mine is amazing. Pitts are more unstable. Get rid of your friend

4 Likes

Hmm, there’s a lot of mixed comments.

I will admit that I don’t know anything about wolf dogs other than that they are gorgeous.
From what I’ve heard about wolf dogs, one- they are illegal in most sates. They’re illegal to be kept as pets. Not sure if thats true but that’s what I’ve heard. Two, if one is kept as a pet, it must have very specific training since they are half wild animal.

I’m gonna be the odd one out here and say I’m going to assume the pig and the wolf dog have known each other from start and maybe the wolf dog was playing with the pig but got a little too rough and accidentally killed it.
I can’t say the wolf dog killed the pig on purpose or not despite the traits it has.

I know of a dog that was adopted into a home of 3 other dogs and 1 cat. They all lived in peace for months and one day said dog played with the cat and killed it. And the cat was separated from all dogs. And these are al normal breeds that anyone else would have.
So every breed is different and honestly all animals, not just dogs, have a wild trait in them.

2 Likes

Half wolf is not a dog…it’s half wolf.

3 Likes

Wonder if you would’ve just said dog, that you would get the same reaction on here?
I’ve not owned a wolf mix, but I’ve owned cane corso, German Shepard, pit bulls, and just because a dog has a prey drive, natural instinct (which they all have) does not mean they are danger to children whatsoever. I’ve had some of my dogs bite STRANGERS, not attack but bite. Never touch a kid they were raised with, in-fact, most wouldn’t let a strange adult near the kids.
If you didn’t contact animal control, or a vet you may have contacted them, then I guess it would’ve been your friend. Some states/counties have laws on the % of wolf allowed to be domesticated.

2 Likes

You don’t know it was her. Maybe she told someone. Maybe your kids told a friend and their parent called. Don’t start drama over someone who clearly loves your children even if it was her that called. Get rid of the dog wolf before your kids get hurt.

4 Likes

If she did she not much of a friend

2 Likes

You can put in for the information of who turned you in.

Despite the breed I’m sure she was pretty freaked out about the situation. Blood is blood and accidents do happen. You need to confront the friend bc you both don’t want confrontation that’s probably why yall get along. Always get rid of an animal who attacks. The predator in them kicks in and dominoce fights are huge in males. Which I’m gonna assume this was both males. People need to get educated on wild life animals and there breeds and take in every aspect of situation when you have kids around. This could be avoided on both ends. You own a dominant breed. I’m sure she was scared and thought you wouldn’t put two and two together. But it is negligence when you see her as the one who done something wrong in this situation as a mother myself and huge wild life lover. My kids come first always

1 Like

Emma is about your dog’s if so she knows nothing about your baby’s hope it works out for you if not get the big guns let me know and I come down and a little talk to her I am 73 I only have a little time in jail

1 Like

Is she the only one who knows you have a wolf/dog? Maybe it wasn’t your friend but if it was sounds like she just cares about the well-being of your children. CPS is a little drastic imo tho.

1 Like

Bet the pig wishes she’d called earlier.

6 Likes

Did you get the pig medical help?

1 Like

If u were willing to put ur children in a situation like that, then that is ur fault. If there’s nothing wrong with it, then CPS would have walked in, did an investigation and left. No harm done

7 Likes

Get rid of the ‘friend’ you cant trust her and it wont be the last time she thinks she knows better. Id tell her i know then tell her to f off

3 Likes

There’s also a chance that animal control or the vet called. I know you can find out who called cps on you, but you have to request it. I’m not sure how to do that personally, I just know it can be done.

I mean, any dog can turn at any moment, not just a wolf dog so I think the people saying it’s because it’s a wolf dog are stuck on the wolf part. However, maybe the friend isn’t the one that called if others knew the dog was a wolf. Also, even if it was the friend, she was looking out for your children. Just be completely honest with the workers and if it comes down to the dog or the kids, make the right choice.

4 Likes

I’m going to sound mean but I just feel like your friend is worried about your children. A wolf dog is not just a dog it’s a wolf. If it attacked your pig what makes you think it won’t attack your children? I adopted a dog (that was literally just a big dog breed not even a wolf) and always said I would never re-home… But I had the dog for a week. It tore down a door, attacked my little dog, and killed my guinea pig, I had one daughter at the time and the first thought in my head was her! So I gave the dog up immediately. My kids come first, period. Wolves are not meant to be pets.

17 Likes

And there’s always the first time

3 Likes

If he will attack the pet pig he will attack your children… honestly I don’t understand even putting your children at risk. “He would never hurt them” is what they all say. That’s your children.
We had a dog and he nipped at my child once and the next day he was rehomed. Think that’s harsh? Think I’m over reacting? You won’t think the same when you’re paying a plastic surgeon to reconfigure a face. Or even worse, paying for a funeral.

16 Likes

I mean sorry but half a WOLF DOG I’m very wary with dogs and if I’m honest your friend hasn’t done it out of spite to hurt you she has a concern for your children around the wolf and I’m so with her on that because imagine something did happen to your children by that dog you would forgive your self and she definitely wouldn’t I’m sorry but I’m all for pets but my children safety is what comes first I just could not trust the wolf dog round my children even if it hasn’t shown any signs of aggression around your children you just never know I had an xl bully go for me twice and I literally was just sitting down I hadn’t even done anything she bit me on my face lucky enough I turned my head quick enough that it wasn’t so bad but I didn’t even do anything to the dog I gave her my attention and made it known I new she was there I stroked her and after that she just wanted to bite my face so please keep your wits about you and know your friend hasn’t been nasty she doing it because she cares

3 Likes

Can’t trust anyone, always remember that. Some of these people are giving you really bad advice. The internet is not a place to go for advice, you’re going to get every Tom dick and Harry’s dumb ass advice.

She is not your friend if she called CPS first off. Second of all I have 3 pit bulls and they have gotten into some nasty fights. Just because a animal tastes blood does not mean they are going to attack you or your children. I have a male pit that kills any small animal he gets his paws on. Chicken, bird, bunny, rat, he has killed them all and is the sweetest boy to people.

If she was my “best friend” she would not be for long I’d go straight to her and call her out knowing no one else knew. I don’t care who she was to me.

If you’re really in fear for any animals safety, ask an expert, NOT THE INTERNET!

If your friend would have come to you with her concerns what would you have said?
Would it have changed anything?
You would have reassured her that your children are fine right?
You will watched them closer?
Well, that is exactly what my cousin did with his little girl and she was attacked and her face was horribly mangled! Scared us to death! She almost died! This was not a wolf either… just a family pet. She was 5 years old. She survived because they were outside together and watching closely.
It is not worth it!

8 Likes

I used to clean for a woman that raised wolf dogs along with like 10 chihuahua’s (she had a huge property). She also had 2 sons, one 7, the other 2. The fact that they’re “wolf dogs” doesn’t have anything to do w it. She was probably just scared for your kid(s) bc of the attack on the pig & the size of the dogs can be overwhelming when it’s not something you’re used to seeing. I would talk to her & just say “hey, I get you were freaked out & prob meant well but it really scares me that you thought it was enough to possibly get my kid taken from me over. I wish you would’ve voiced your concerns to me earlier. I’m not comfortable having you in my life anymore as it feels like you may have ill intentions.” Then leave it at that tbh. I’m sorry you’re going thru this.

10 Likes

It sucks that your friend didn’t come directly to you , but be happy she cares enough about your kids to want to protect them.

6 Likes

We adopted a lab recently. He played rough with my son and bit him (not enough to need stitches but enough for blood) that dog was gone. And labs are supposed to be good with kids. Nope - I would have put him down but the previous owner took him back. I won’t allow anything like that around my kiddos.

5 Likes

It wouldn’t take me 5 minutes to confront her .

3 Likes

So your dog has a tendency to attack smaller mammals and you’re mad she wanted to protect your kids? Maybe thank her instead. Dumbest post ever.

15 Likes

Idk how old your kids are but if they attend school or daycare and brought it up to their teacher or caregiver they are mandated reporters. So perhaps they called.

9 Likes

To me it’s irrelevant what breed the dog is
Any dog can be loving and have great temperament, patience and behavior just as ANY dog can be aggressive, lack patience, be unfriendly, etc
Like chihuahuas bite and attack people and other pets all the time… like literally ANY DOG CAN BE VIOLENT OR AGGRESSIVE
The facts here are that your DOG may have been calm and docile in the beginning but it did in fact attack your family pig
Regardless of the fact people may say “well it was a pig and the dog was just acting as it would it the wild” it doesn’t matter

You had two pets…. One of your pets did become aggressive and attacked your other pet….regardless of wolf, pig whatever one of your pets showed aggression which means truthfully you never truly know if he could attack your kids or not

He may never touch another animal or kid again and could be the best dog ever however the fact that he did attack something means he is capable of it and should be considered a concern.

I understand where you feel like your friend betrayed your trust however she may have knew you wouldn’t be open minded and hear her out about her concerns regarding your dog so she felt the only way to truly ensure the children were safe was to have them come.

6 Likes

The friend should have talked to the lady with wolf dog first. Then called cps.not a good friend.

I mean… to start off, she called the wrong place. She absolutely did not need to invite CPS into your life because of an animal control issue. That is not your friend anymore, IMO.

15 Likes

If you kids aren’t in any danger and you are a confident mother than cps shouldn’t bother you. Your friend was doing what she felt is right.

14 Likes

Maybe the fact that you don’t see the danger is why she called?

17 Likes

She should have discussed this with you first. I feel a true friend would have.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, I do think it was wrong of her to call CPS without even saying anything, but dogs are animals. He attacked that pig not because he was jealous of the pigs status in the family, not because the pig was a fellow animal. He attacked him because his prey drive is strong. Because his instinct is still telling him to hunt to survive. If you think that small fast objects are not in any danger what so ever around something that has already shown it is willing to kill to eat, you are being very very nieve.

8 Likes

Did the pig pass away from the attack

1 Like

How would confronting you about this have gone? It seems irrational (to me) to keep an animal that can attack another when there’s kids in the home-- or really if not. The animal showed that it was aggressive. If you would have written off the friend either way then… what does it matter?

Someone was concerned for your child and that person felt like a conversation would not be constructive, which it appears to be true. Regardless of who did it, look to home first.

7 Likes

What if it was someone else who called tho… like what if your kids mentioned it to one of their playmates and they went and told their parents…: you don’t actually know who called cps… maybe animal control called cps, honestly… see, your friend is not the only person who knew… animal control are mandated reporters and if they saw you had young kids, they would have to call cps just to make sure your kids were at risk as well…

6 Likes

Maybe ur friend called cps because the fact after the wolf dog attacked the pig like that you still kept the wolf dog and had it around your children, once they taste blood they do it again,and maybe your friend thought or knew you weren’t taking it very serious

8 Likes

I get where she’s coming from. But at the same time I see your point. I think both are just looking our for the kids

2 Likes

Dogs kill prey animals. They’re dogs! I have dogs they eat cats, squirrels, or anything little enough to chase. Doesn’t mean my kids are in danger :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:. I’d be pissed, and would no longer have a friend.

17 Likes

How do we know her friend didn’t express her concerns to her. She said only her bf knew about, so either she was told of the incident or was present during. I dont personally know if I would have called cps, but thats because I dont trust them at all. But if I thought my bf called I’d also confront her and ask her flat out

Genuinely curious why y’all think it was ok for her to call cps instead of the police or animal control. If her and her kids didn’t do anything why not go after the dog. That is not a true friend. And is there any chance a neighbor could have witnessed it?

4 Likes

She did you favor !!!

5 Likes

Shes doing what she thinks is best with a situation that shes not comfortable with … if you didn’t do anything wrong you have nothing to fear and it’s not a big deal

1 Like

Depends on how you act when someone tries to inform you of any of your bad judgements. I can’t blame her. Cps won’t stay long if your doing what’s best for your children. That is if there’s no other reasons why they believed you needed cps. I know she had your children in thought before anything. Confront here since you need that comfort. Where it goes you will know.

2 Likes

It looks like your friend is looking out for your children… and is probably afraid to tell you cuz you would react irrationally, just like keeping an aggressive dog is irrational… good luck…

8 Likes

It’s really hard to talk to friends about this kind of stuff. I’m sorry she went that far. But most of the time you can’t say anything. The extreme defensiveness makes it hard to approach anyone especially friends… just mentioning it to you would have caused a fight. More than likely yall wouldn’t be friends anymore. No one knows how to communicate anymore. Your feelings would have gotten hurt… you would have felt like she was calling you a bad mom. That’s the end of that friendship.

Half wolf??? Doesn’t sound like a domestic animal…

2 Likes

if you can’t trust someone to be honest w you why be friends

1 Like

At the same time… if she had spoken to someone else about it. They could have called CPS not your friend.

1 Like

She called CPS over a dog? Lol it’s non of her concern. Sounds like your friend Karen here, needs to mind her own business.

4 Likes

The amount of people who think this is okay is astounding. This is NOT OKAY at all. CPS steals kids for no reason. The system is NO PLACE to grow up. And that’s a SHITTY friend to do something like that.

Did this friend bring her concerns to you before calling CPS? If you ask me a friend’s would address the situation with you before calling in CPS. If it were me and my friend and she didn’t come to me first…yeah…that friend would be gone with the wind…shut down, shut out. I would also probably fly a finger high…don’t need them kinds of friends in life.

2 Likes

Alex Meredith
Ignorance

1 Like

The friend if a true friend should had confronted you first. That’s if you are sure it was her. Because anyone could had called a stranger walking or driving by could have made the call even a neighbor. So ask don’t assume

1 Like

Why would u even have a dog like that around kids :thinking:

6 Likes

that’s dangerous to own a dog like that with children in the home

8 Likes

Well if I were you I would talk to your friend about it and see what happens.

Damn. Cps runs there for that dumb stuff yet let’s all of these kids die who really need the help?

Did you take your pig to the vet after the attack? If so maybe they reported?? Idk

9 Likes

Why are Dog People like this?

2 Likes

My baby girl Jenna was German Shepherd and wolf and she was the best dog I could ever have and she was my first. I also had one of her babies she had Blade. Never bit anyone except Jenna once because I was literally in between her and her sister dog to break up dog fighting and as soon as she bit me she stepped back because she knew. Shes attacked our ferret and other few small animals outside. But shes never tried attacking the bunch of little kids we had. You could lay on her too. They were the best, most loyal dogs I could ask for. He never attacked any small animals either. They both were a few weeks shy of turning 13 years old before they passed. I hope everything works out for you

1 Like

Nobody knows your friend like you do to ask her about it and she starts acting so weird weird thing you just know

Once the case is closed you can go to Court to find out who called.

Someone is concerned about the safety of your children. Stop blaming the friend, you don’t even know if she did it.

6 Likes