I think my mom called CPS on me: What should I do?

My husbands mom is the exact same way! We cut her out completely! Anybody that is toxic to our kids will not be allowed in their lives! Doesn’t matter who it is!!!

2 Likes

Cut her off and move on with your life

1 Like

Sorry sweetheart but toxic is toxic it don’t matter who they are .do you really want someone like that in yours and your childrens lives …

3 Likes

Your family seems to have some mental issues, right? Calling cps if you really think children are in some physical or emotional danger is one thing but to call them for no reason at all? If you are a good mother and your children are safe . well taken care of and healthy & they are calling on you then there is something very wrong with them . i would definately tell both your mom and sister that you will hope they seek somekind of treatment. Dont apologize . just keep your kids close and any contact with your mom or sister should always be supervised!! Who really knows what they are capable of? And good luck!!

2 Likes

See ya mom. Simple. Your post says it all. You already know. You don’t need everyone to tell you.

4 Likes

Your mother is a narcissist. She sounds exactly like my mother. I’ve had to cut ties with her after giving her a zillion chances. When a narcissistic family member takes it this far, you really should cut all ties. I know you don’t want to but if you continue to keep her in your life and your children’s lives then you are enabling her behavior and you will continue to get burned. Your kids will continue to suffer too. It’s just time to be done with it. It will sting a bit for awhile but it’s for the best. Good luck!

2 Likes

I don’t think cutting the grandma out of the grandbabies life is fair to those babies.
I had this done to me just because my child thought they loved me more than her and my grandkids suffered so much hurt and pain cuz they didn’t understand why.

Get the toxic people out of your life. I wonder if she was the one who called CPS on the sister?

1 Like

Beware of grandparent rights

Sounds so much like my mother, she played siblings against each other all the time! YOU CANT TEACH AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS is one of my thoughts when I used to deal with my mother. Sounds like you will have to walk away again. I did that too with my mother, sister and at one point my father too cause none have any respect for me and what I’m about so I walked away until they decided to grow up, still have to back off once in awhile with my family but not as bad since my mother passed 2 yrs ago

1 Like

What value is there in keeping her around? You said she’s manipulative and narcissistic and now she has (more than likely based on the evidence you explained) tried getting your children taken from you by making a false report with cps. Today it’s cps calls, tomorrow it’s manipulating your children- do you really want them exposed to that?

1 Like

Cut her off.or you will be dealing with something the rest of your life.

Cut off communication for a while, then when you’re ready to talk to her meet her in public places and don’t discuss too much personal information because of she’s a narcissist she’ll use it against you when she feels it will benefit her to put your business out there. Some people can’t be trusted, and unfortunately sometimes it’s family, even your own parents. But in the long run if she’s doing things like that around your kids, it will be mentally damaging for them and may just be better off to not have that toxicity in you and your kids lives. Personally, I would say you should definitely cut her off because she’s putting your children in the middle of it and it’s your responsibility as their parent to protect them, even if you have to protect them from their/your own family.

1 Like

I would cut her off again

Did CPS need to be called?

Your family is sick. You need to cut them out of your life completely

1 Like

As long as you have food in your icebox your house is clean You have running water and gas they cannot take your child and no bruises on your children

let some time go by between you and your mother. she probably will always be toxic, but she is your mother. set boundries

My mother is the bleach to my ammonia. We are the epitome of toxic. Be firm. Be clear. And do not cross your own boundaries. The only way to survive them is very clear boundaries and you doing whatever you say you’re going to do. That’s it. Coming from a 43 yo… Protect your sanity!

1 Like

Cut them off.Anything that hurts you and your kids need to go.It doesnt matter who or what

1 Like

She sounds like she’s trying to straight up stir the pot and cause shit! She sounds like a damn lunatic! I’d be avoiding her at all cost. No kid visits either. Yikes

I wouldn’t speak to her or allow here around my children again.

She sounds like my biological grandma who is no longer in our life because we cut her off. One thing my family (mom, siblings, and I) learned is that family doesn’t justify toxicity. You and your kids would be better off without that kind of toxic stuff in your life.

1 Like

Cute her out of your life, keep your children away from her, moving to another state, never speak to her again and just evaporate into thin air from her if you ever want peace in your life. She’s so damn toxic and will abuse your kids too. :cry:RUN girl while it’s just a call to cps… it’s only going to get worse. never ever leave her alone with your kids for one second. Cut that dysfunction off maybe even with your sister too. Just evaporate from them!

Na shes toxic you will lose your kids if you keep her around

She sounds toxic. Keep her at arms length or not around at all. Im sorry though. I know it is tough to have deal with that kind of parent. Heal as much as possible. Seek some therapy to talk it out. Learn from your moms mistakes and try to do better.

I wouldn’t call her, just let it be for now and things will work out the way they should. I would definitely if you decide to call her, keep her at arms length and don’t let her in fully. If she did it once she’ll do it again! Good luck

Just cut her out don’t talk to her anymore

Walk away from that type of manipulative behavior. It’s not good for you or your children. Especially if you think she called CPS on you. It won’t be the last time

Either set strict boundaries and cut contact if she doesn’t follow them, or cut contact now. You don’t deserve that stress. She sees what you’re doing right and is trying to find any bit of weakness to bring you down. For now it seems like no contact is best, until you can decide what you want from your relationship with her and in a relationship between her and your children. If you set those boundaries for the relationships and she crosses them, cut contact and let her know why. Some people cut contact with no “warning” which is ok too. Do whatever keeps you and your family safe.

Do what you feel is best for you and your children!!

1 Like

If you bring stress and drama to my life I cut you off, no matter who you are!! Life is too short to deal with people that love causing drama

2 Likes

I’d cut ties. She sounds narcissistic and manipulative as fuck

Sounds like she knew your sibling rang cps and she did nothing to protect you or your children her grandchildren.
So I’d be staying as far away as possible from them both.
You move on you live your best life with your children.
If your mum wants to be a mum she will make it right but I’d never trust her again she has shown her true colours and where you stand toxic is toxic.
And I know it will be hard on you and your kids because you did want the relationship with your mum/grandmother but you need to protect you and your babies. If she can hurt you like that she can hurt your kids too or turn your kids against you…

5 Likes

Toxic.
Cut her off until she can grow up.
If it were her why in the world would she want her grandchildren in the system🤦‍♀️

3 Likes

Im sorry hun but i think you need to cut her off. They always say dont let your family mess up your family. If you know what i mean. Your children come first always no matter what. I know its hard ive been thru it myself & am barely learning how to put my foot down but you can do it

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’d cut her off at this point, but I’d definitely keep her at a distance. I’d wait for her to reach out to me.

2 Likes

Sorry to say u might have to cut ur mom off again. Im going through the same similar situation but my mom is blaming it on my ex. I cut my my mom off twice before n let her back in due the my kids missing her. This time i have proof from a neighbor of hers telling me what my mom did all these years. So please trust me unless ur mom claim she was the one who did it n needs help its not going to change…its only going to get worse. Please protect urself n ur babies.

Unfortunately when it comes to.toxic family you have to draw a line. I had to literally detach myself from my entire family because of toxic behavior and other member of my family ignoring and even engaging in hurtful and even harmful behaviors with these toxic people. Do what’s best for YOU and your CHILD!!!

2 Likes

My mother did the same she is a spiteful alcoholic that is jealous the case was closed due to her lies…my children and I do not have anything to do with her anymore and never will…a mother should not so this to her own children for no reason

2 Likes

You need to do what’s best for you and your kids. Obviously one of them does not even consider the outcomes of how that could destroy a childs life and yours! It’s something that will happen again believe that. If you had to cut her out of your life before it had to be pretty bad but now affecting your very life with your children is unacceptable in my book. It would be done mother or no mother.

call your younger siblings and say mom said this? but she sounds crazy

Cut her off. I did 5 years ago and my life is better. She needs help but will never admit it. My mom wouldn’t even acknowledge the fact I graduated college. I will never understand why some moms are like that, so I just moved on

2 Likes

Just dont bother with them. If they want to be a part of you and your kids’ lives they will make the effort

1 Like

You are better off without her

3 Likes

You don’t need someone in your life that’s toxic, it’ll bring you down to her level. Move on for your own sanity and concentrate on your own wee family :purple_heart:

2 Likes

If your mom is a manipulative narcissist you should cut her out. It’s not worth the time and effort and risk to deal with people like that.

8 Likes

I’d cut anybody off who called cps on me. No contact nothing ever again

8 Likes

In some cases if you ask the case worker who reported you or made the call they will tell you. I don’t have personal experience but have been told that by others who did. Never hurts to ask at least

3 Likes

Got to go. She sealed her own fate on that one. She handed you the scissors- cut her off

2 Likes

Cut that whack ass mom off

Been there done that sometimes self preservation takes over and you just have to concentrate on the ones you love and the ones that love you back

Isolate yourself from her… And just live your life… When she is ready she will wake up and apologize… Just do you and stay clear, but don’t disown her just stop making an effort

Toxic is toxic family or not. It’s u and your kids against the world!! I would cut ties and go on with your life. That’s just me tho

4 Likes

Be honest and straight forward with her. Clearly you love your Mom and that will never change, but, her habits & behaviors that caused disruption in your life before are starting up again. They are causing situations that could end up being very harmful to your family. If it was me, I would tell her, “I Love you, I want you in our lives, but not like this, we need to come to some understandings if we are to move forward, please let’s move forward from this with honesty, compassion and respect.” Calling cps on a family member, especially false claims is the lowest of blows and coming back from that is a whole lot of forgiveness on your part. Frankly, if you feel she sees you as a threat to your child, I dont know I would ever be able to trust that she will ever respect me as a mother and I would probably never feel comfortable with Ever leaving my kids alone with her in any capacity. But you need to make those decisions, Any time you feel in your gut she is being manipulative, trust your gut, maybe call her out on it in the moment in the most stern but loving way possible. but ultimately, you need to be honest with yourself first, you need to create boundaries and stick to them. Is there anything that your mom could do that will be justifiable cause to you, no question, that you would have to cut ties. A Narcissists will twist and lie and manipulate their way back in and then make you feel guilty for having boundries at all. Do not allow her that power. You know her behavior, you know your instincts are trustworthy and she is not. You are making the choice to risk it again, your family may not want to, have a family discussion, it helps with seeing others’ p.o.v in the situation if you are stuck between a rock and a hard place, to know you have back up can make a world of difference in having an honest and healthy relationship with your Mom even if it’s at a distance. Just like you wouldnt drink infront of family members who are alcoholics, maybe show the same compassion to her, set clear boundaries and be firm. Prayers it all comes together with love, healing and a greater respect for all.

1 Like

Your mom is a snake. Family or not I’d cut her off but I don’t take any unwanted bs. If I were you I’d ask my siblings if they did it face to face to see if they are telling the truth or not and go from there.

Honestly I would talk to your younger sibling about it. Tell them what she is doing and then you can call your mom out on it.

1 Like

Go on with your life and let her reach out to you if she wants to. If you decide to have a relationship with her just remember how she is and keep your guard up.

3 Likes

Protect your babies. Not your mum.

4 Likes

It sounds like your mom has significant mental health issues, whether she called CPS or not. Its sad but I would keep her at a distance. Eventually she’ll wear on your mental health and possibly your kids. Shes lucky to have you, but take care of yourself.

4 Likes

Ugh cut her off! She’s so toxic!

1 Like

Children first always…if youre mum can do that to you then think long and hard who do you want in youre life her or you kids

1 Like

Family ain’t shit cut her off if she can do u like that she ain’t family

Reports can be made anonymously…honestly I’ve called cps on a neighbor and those “reports” were 100% factual but the first time were deemed false…even tho they were true. Cps is a fucking joke…they either don’t do their job or they do it too well. This bitch I called on was legit doing and selling drugs and starving her child. Based on the info here…I would say if it’s truly unfounded then cut her off BUT if you’re actually fucking up get your shit together.

Join The Sisterhood: Daughters of Narcissistic and Abusive Mothers :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

read the post history…could be mom could be x

1 Like

If you enjoy peace…leave her alone.

Sounds like you guys need some Jesus in your lives

3 Likes

If she’s indeed the one who called and made false accusations I would stop talking to her… If it wasn’t her, she obviously knows who did…
But my question is… Why did they call to begin with? Were they legit concerned about the kids in your care? Or were they being petty?
I could never be around the person trying to take my kids away… ever.
My kids are my life. I couldn’t live without them

3 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I think my mom called CPS on me: What should I do? - Mamas Uncut

If you’ve had to cut her off before, it’ll most likely be a repeating cycle until you cut her off for good. It’s truly a crappy situation, and I know personally how you may be feeling. You have to decide when you’ve had enough.

3 Likes

Mom or not, she does not seem to enhance your life in any way as you describe her as a narcissist and being manipulative. That’s not someone who has their best interest in you. Don’t feel obligated to keep her in your life just because she’s your mother. Sadly, weeding toxic people from your life is essential even if it’s family.

My mom and siblings are the exact same way I literally was reading my life right now! It’s a shame people go through this with their own moms and siblings I say cut them off the do you more harm than good cause you more stress than happiness specially when it involves your kids it’s one thing to mistreat you but once they involve your kids or try to get your kids taken away over false information just to make themselves feel good it’s time time to walk away for good!

If you really believe it was your mum that did that… cut her off you and your children do not need that kind of negativity in your lives! X

1 Like

The mother doesnt deserve to be in your lives and has more to lose than you. She will have regrets for the rest of her life if you do decide to cut ties. Your children come first and foremost.

Sometimes you have to cut people off, no matter who they are. Prayers to you and your family :heart:

If my family called cps on me, knowing I’m a fantastic mom to my child, they would no longer be in my child’s or my life! That’s some crazy bullshit!

9 Likes

I cut mine off. The two involved. Thought it was funny. False reports made them look bad.

2 Likes

My mother done it to me twice and then tried denying it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: go with your instinct x

Sometimes the best thing is to cut the thing you know is wrong and toxic. Is she did that is awful of her and you don’t give her the satisfaction.

Nothing to worry about if your kids are well taken care of(food, clean clothes, shelter, education, etc) and make sure you are drug-free. Once your case closes, maybe keeping some distance from your family, this situation is very serious, the stability of your children shouldn’t be played with or threatened in that way if you aren’t doing anything wrong.

OMGsh‼️She’s not mentally well. If she tries to talk to you again, tell her that until she speaks to a therapist you don’t feel comfortable letting her back into your home or life.

My sister did it to me. I’ve told my parents this on numerous occasions but they don’t believe that she would do such a thing. I beg a differ. She absolutely would! I know from things said in the report that could have only come from her. Of course she denied it and still does. At this point, whatever I try not to have anything to do with her. At least, she’s not allowed around my kids. Unfortunately my dad is sick right now, I’m not close enough (distance wise) to help. So I have to rely on her for information but of course I don’t believe everything she says. Very frustrating.

Nip it in the bud. Not worth it.

I have not once hesitated to cut off family and protect my peace. I highly recommend you do especially since apparently they belive cps is a game to be played with amongst family and at a time when real kids are in real danger… they are flooding the system and further burdening over worked social workers. :scissors::scissors::scissors: cut em off honey

Oh gosh, I was a couple lives in and seeing the narcissistic parent tendencies, pitting siblings against each other, manipulation, deflecting, get away from her. Just because she’s your mother doesn’t mean jack. Family are the first to get a try to be in your life but it doesn’t mean they get to stay when they are toxic. I have had to cut off all my parents (bio father, mom and step dad) because of mental illness, abuse, accomplice to abuse, neglect, narcissism, gosh, I could go on but I’ll stop. I don’t tolerate this stuff from anyone, including family.

Who needs enemies when ya got family like that! Fkn toxic! I’d write them off

9 Likes

There’s obviously a history if you’ve stopped bothering before. Sometimes it’s best and healthier to stay away and keep your distance. I’m sorry this happened to you and your family.

9 Likes

My mum is the same. I have gone No contact with her now for 8 years. Best 8 years of my life.

Ask your sibling. Not in a defensive way, more in a curious way. Then you get your answer. Your mom sounds like a piece of work if this isn’t the first incident to make you cut her off. I would definitely cut off whoever called if you find out. My son was admitted to the hospital at 3 for the flu and they called on me saying I didn’t feed him. :roll_eyes: I gladly let them in so they could see his chunky 1 year old brother and see I keep plenty of food in the house, they closed the case and that was that. But if that had been my family I would never speak to them again. I cut my dad off for hitting my son when he wasn’t even two years old so I have no problem getting rid of toxic. I wish you all the luck!

1 Like

Sounds like there is some history here. It might be best to keep her at a distance. A very long distance.

3 Likes

Let mom know that cps will go.after people who make false reports and cut it off there

1 Like

Straight up ask your sibling

Nope anyone that would call cps and make false claims and then try to blame it on someone else would not be part of mine or my children’s lives. And the fact that she would blame it on another sibling instead of just owning it and saying whatever doesn’t sit well with me. If you can call cps and potentially ruin someone’s life you should have the balls to say it to my face.

1 Like

I dont wanna sound insensitive , but are we sisters ? My mom does the same shit to me. Sorry for you mama .

I’m the kind of person those ties would have already been cut. Idgaf

I don’t know if this might help you hun but I have a group call stop cps, DHS free our kids your welcome to join if u don’t want to that’s fine to good luck to you n cut ties with u mom asap

I’d be cutting her off for good. Calling cps is not a joke and should not be taken lightly, had they found the slightest thing you could be in some hot water right? Thankfully this is not the case but I don’t doubt for a second she’ll do it again

1 Like

Cut her out of your life now! For real ! Itz never gonna stop ! Idc how much u love yo mamá toxic is toXic. Save yourself from that.

2 Likes

Cut her off!! She sounds toxic af and you don’t need that around you or your children!!

1 Like