I want to ask my neighbor to be friends but don't want to come off as weird: Advice?

Hi.—- let’s start this by saying I stay home with my kids full time - spend a lot of time alone with a partner who works multiple jobs - now that I’ve got that out there… This might even be an odd question but… I recently figured out there is a neighbor across the street that is super close to my age. I have no friends close by and would love to add her on FB and ask her if she wants to hangout but I think that might be super weird. I do not personally know this person at all but my partner knows them from school… I just need a friend to come hang after my kids go to bed. I just don’t want to come off weird.

138 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I want to ask my neighbor to be friends but don't want to come off as weird: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

Just walk over n say hi
I love all my neighbors very good ppl

2 Likes

If your partner knows them, then have them introduce you two

6 Likes

Just casually ask her if she wants to go have a drink sometime. Or if she wants to have a glass of wine one night after the kids go to bed.

I think it’s not weird at all! My neighbor isn’t my age she’s much older and she approached me and asked me if I wanted to be friends and she brings me goodies, I walk her dog when she’s not home and overall I’m grateful she had the courage to ask me bc I never would have had the courage to ask her! Go for it I bet it works out for you!

5 Likes

It’s so hard to make friends as an adult sometimes but I would go with all the above suggestions as they offer some great advice!

2 Likes

Make her a banana bread and walk it across the street. Strike up a conversation and get a feel of how friendly she is. Invite her over for a cup of coffee.

1 Like

I would simply just ask if you see her outside if she wants to come by for a drink or a coffee or bring one over to her if you see her and go from their.

Or just ask for a play date with the kids :wink:

2 Likes

Just walk over and say hi !
It will be ok

1 Like

Go knock on the door and explain that your husband remembers them from school and that you are a SAHM and ask if they want to get coffee or something! You are so not weird! Or you could send her a friend request, I’m sure yall have some friends in common or something…. I did that to a couple people in my town. You gotta put yourself out there or if you husband has a day off soon he could introduce you two

1 Like

I’d say walk over but I have bad anxiety hahaha

3 Likes

Just walk over and talk to her. Make sure you bring over some baked goods as a offer to get the conversation started

1 Like

Go for a walk, lunch, invite over for tea coffee sweets

One of my best friendships started out kinda like this in a round a bout way. Now, 15 years later, besties and she even moved into the neighborhood I moved into so we’ve stayed together :laughing::woman_shrugging: go for it! That’s how it was done before the internet! :smile::laughing:

2 Likes

I’ve used the excuse, “hey can I borrow a cup of sugar? “ then when you return said sugar later you can strike up a conversation.

Send her a note or a card, with your phone number​:woman_shrugging::+1:

Go over and introduce yourself. Tell her how you know who she is. Ask if she’d like to come over for coffee or maybe a drink later on.

3 Likes

Just wait until you see her outside make some small talk and invite her over. I wouldn’t add her to Facebook if you’ve never spoken to her before

2 Likes

Pretend your asking a question at first😂

Or add her to Facebook and send her a message saying you live across the street and are looking for some friends

3 Likes

This is not weird. I moved in to my house and my neighbor is a woman also and is much older than I am, but I asked to be her friend and we hang out most days now , car pull the kids together ect, just do it x

1 Like

Reach out and introduce yourself as her neighbor. Invite her over for lunch. Ask her to go for a walk.

2 Likes

Aww you sound lovely! Just go and knock and invite her for a coffee and a chat x

2 Likes

You live by her. Lots of neighbors are friends. Never be afraid to make a new friend. You may just find a great one but you will never know unless you take the chance. Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Next time you see her outside introduce yourself and say hey you’re welcome to come over anytime you want and hang out. If they have kids then suggest playdates

5 Likes

That’s really convenient your partner knows them from school! Take your kids on a walk, and just stop over and say hi and that you wanted to introduce yourself, because you know that your husband and her went to school together!

Just say you’re a stay at home mom and would love to get together sometime to just talk and hang out to actually talk to an adult instead of little humans haha.

It’s not weird at all! I would love if someone did this to me!

11 Likes

Maybe bring over cookies or brownies or something to break ice say u want to introduce yourself and go from ther I’m sure the conversation will just flow.

5 Likes

If your husband knows them, have him introduce you. I’d suggest doing a cook out and inviting them over. That’ll give you a chance to talk to her without making yourself feel or look awkward. That will also give you a chance to see if the two of you click well together. It doesn’t matter that she’s around your age, she could be a weirdo and y’all could have nothing in common or not click well together. If all goes well, send her a friend request on FB and go from there.

4 Likes

I had a duck get lost at my neighbors……that’s how we started talking lol. I knew her boyfriend (he’s lived her for years) but didn’t know her. After that they popped over one day, and told we were welcome to come hang out any time the garage doors are open​:joy::woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Bake her some cookies or something. That’s a conversation starter.

4 Likes

Add them on fb pop them a message saying hiya you came up as a suggested friend thought I’d give you an add as you only live over the road just incase. Take care😊

1 Like

They’re your neighbor and your partner knows then ask your partner for an introduction and tell them why you would like that introduction. At least start there other ideas you know as a neighbor you could just pop over there and drop off some cookies or something simple and just say you stopped by to say hello and be neighborly or whatever, you don’t need a reason. but I would definitely get the introduction in person before I go finding them on Facebook and adding them as a friend

1 Like

If yall both have kids, you could start there

5 Likes

Just go outside and do super cool things and maybe she will want to be friends with you and you won’t have to ask. Its what I would do. Lol

1 Like

Don’t do the Facebook, that would be weird like stalking but get her a gift basket and go introduce yourself. That’s how it was done it back in the day before internet

3 Likes

Do it!!! It’s not weird at all… People are just getting used to no interaction with other people… I think you will do great and not be weird at all!!! Make that friend girl! We all need more friends!

4 Likes

Make something and sit and have coffee

Just walk over and introduce yourself and invite her in for a visit.
Worst she will do is say no.

2 Likes

Make some cookies and bring them over!

1 Like

I want to say thank you for all your support, advice and continuous encouragement even when I was too weak to take actions, I lost hope entirely thinking I can get paid but just to my biggest surprise my Bitcoin wallet )was over flooded. What a Kind Woman you are ?:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Invite them over for dinner one night and see if you hit it off! If you do then the rest will flow from there.

1 Like

Next time you ser her outside, wave and go over. Introduce yourself. Ask her if she wants to do coffee or wine some evening. Tell her that you’re neighbors and you would like to become friends. See how it goes. Just take it easy…

2 Likes

Just ask if she wants to be friends! It’s harder when we’re adults, but I have found most of us feel this way when making new friends.

1 Like

Just go introduce yourself as a neighbor. It’ll break the ice, and bam! Lol i love meeting neighbors. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Take them a cake or something nice for their garden and start a conversation xx

2 Likes

I wouldn’t find it weird if a neighbor messaged me and asked to get together. The worst they can say is no.

1 Like

I do not mingle with neighbors. It’s just hey and bye for me. Never want to make enemies close to home. Ijs

9 Likes

Bake her something and bring it over introduce herself

You never know that lady might end up being you’re BFF after all

4 Likes

Why would you think that trying to make Friends with someone would come off as weird? That’s really sad that you’ve had experiences in life that have made you think you’re weird for trying to make a friend. Ppl are so crappt.

6 Likes

I just always say as a mother it’s good to know your neighbors and introduce yourself.

2 Likes

Ask,u never know what can happen

Ask your partner to make an introduction between the two of you, and then go from there.

7 Likes

Bake her cookies and go say hi

9 Likes

bake some cookies wrap it up in some cute bags or container and take it over and introduce yourself… put your number on a tag on the bag/container. Everyone needs a friend😘

9 Likes

Why don’t you get yer husband to introduce you to them ?

9 Likes

Ask your husband to introduce you

6 Likes

Just ask. They might be feeling the same way you are :blush:

4 Likes

I’m always way too awkward and self conscious to do it but if someone did it to me id be open to it lol

2 Likes

Learn how to barbecue and make a refreshing beverage, its kinda sink or swim, either they’re receptive or they arent

6 Likes

I would just walk over during the day to introduce yourself and see how the vibes are! Go from there

9 Likes

Take over some baked good, (maybe a gluten free option,ask ur spouse if that is needed) introduce yourself and be neighborly. Just say you baked too much and thought you would share. Then invite her to take a walk with you all or come over and have a drink while kids are in pool or napping or for coffee. It is super hard to put yourself out there but generally people react with kindness if you extend it 1st!

10 Likes

Tell her you would like to get to know her neighbors a bit. Invite her over for a coffee

4 Likes

I get this… it is so hard to make friends as an adult or for me it is. My anxiety is my biggest issue but if you get a drink or 2 in me I will be the center of the party every time. Sometimes I just have to make myself say hi to someone and then I think all day about the interaction and if I seemed weird :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

From experience be careful befriending neighbors. If it goes bad u have to live next to them. I ended up having to get a restraining order on a crazy girl that lived next door to me. She became obsessed broke into my home while I was in the shower was all smelling ym pillows ad stuff on camera. She stole my dog too bc I quit talking to her . The judge ordered her to move. She seemed very Normal to begin w the crazy came out after ab 6 months. Maybe try a group for sahms. Since then I don’t make friends w neighbors . I’m nice and say hello but that’s it.

9 Likes

This is so funny. My neighbor has a daughter that appears to be the same age as mine and I always want to ask him if we can be friends but I feel like a freak :joy:

2 Likes

Hopefully, it works out. Personally, I hate when neighbors try to be friends. I made that mistake once and she thought she could just come on over any time my car was home. And she literally could not take a hint. She would just sit there while I’m cooking or cleaning or trying to have dinner with my family. If you do it, I guess I’m just saying, set your boundaries from the beginning.

13 Likes

Have your partner introduce you two and maybe invite over for some refreshments and a movie or a chat while your kids sleep. Hopefully it goes well

6 Likes

Take it slow. I had a bad experience with a neighbor . She pretty much moved into my house.

3 Likes

Go for it! Could be the best thing for you both. She may need someone too.

4 Likes

Just knock on her door and talk with your neighbor.

2 Likes

Invite her over for a drink and chat

4 Likes

Just invite her for over for coffee be like hey I know your my husband’s friends from school would you like to come for coffee sometime

4 Likes

All you do is take a care basket over and say “let me know if you ever need anything. I’m always home. If you want to come over and have dinner or something sometime that would be great.”

7 Likes

Bake some cookies, and introduce yourself. I have never been good at bonding but found everyone loves food good luck

7 Likes

I moved 3 years ago and did this. I suggest writing your name, number and the house your at and dropping by and knock and say hello and tell them why you’re leaving your number. That way it’s on them. If not home, write PLAY date neighbor on the note too :slightly_smiling_face: gl

3 Likes

Bite the bullet who knows she could need you too!:slight_smile: … it can only go one of two ways if she don’t wanna no loss on your part but if she does …gain for both of you x

3 Likes

Just go introduce yourself… you said your partner knows them from school so open with that greeting. If your partner knows them why not introduce you…

She’s probably thinking the same things. Walk over and introduce yourself. In today’s world, being honest and upfront is refreshing. 21 years ago I had a girl knock on my door and introduce herself, she walked past my house every day and would stop to listen to me sing while cleaning my house and decided she had to be friends with me :joy: we hung out most days for years until I left town, lost my phone and lost contact with most of my friends :broken_heart:. When I moved into my new place (18 years ago) the neighborhood across the street walked over with arms full of different alcohols to introduce herself and have a drink with me :joy: I’ll never forget either of those experiences. Just be yourself, you have nothing to lose and could gain an amazing friendship :heart:

7 Likes

So, invite her over. Ask her if she wants to have drinks after ur kids go to bed. It’s not weird at all

Try going for a walk, see if she’s outside and wave and smile. Or when u see her outside wave at her. Maybe walk over when u know she’s home and invite her to get lunch or see if she wants to have a drink

1 Like

Ask to borrow some sugar !

1 Like

You need to make the first move. The worse that can happen is that she says “no thanks” nothing ventured nothing gained… go for it!

4 Likes

My neighbor and I became the best of friends. Just add her girl.

1 Like

I saw recommendations about her and gave her a try. I’m proud to tell the world that Mrs Olgusya Gribova and
her trading platform are all so real and

Finding friends as an adult is super difficult. If someone approached me with baked goods I would love that and invite them in for a coffee. I really hope this works out for you, good luck.

2 Likes

just pop over and say hello I’m just making coffee would you like to join me?

4 Likes

It’s so hard to make friends as an adult sahm. Go introduce yourself! Ask if she wants to go grab a coffee! Or have a glass of wine after the kids go to bed! Us Mama’s got to stick together!

Do it! She’ll probably be flattered!

2 Likes

My neighbor was so scared to ask me to be friends that by the time we both grew balls and become very close her and her family ended up moving I befriended her sister who still lives in town. We regret not getting to know each other sooner. She’s my best female friend. So bite the bullet and go over there and introduce yourself

Just start a conversation. Be neighborly. After a while I’ve became friends with ours.

1 Like

If she has kiddies she can always bring the baby monitor with her. My neighbors and Inused to do that. We always had 1 or 2 monitors to share with whoever was going to the other ones house. We would place it in the hall between the kiddies bedrooms, picked up every sound. Enjoy+

1 Like

It’s not at all weird! Do it :blush:

1 Like

I don’t actually know how to explain this to people but I want to say thank you Mr. Joshua Bunker, I’m really excited for this great opportunity you gave me to trade on your platform bsvtrading-btcearnings.com. You are a good COACH and financial adviser I got.
Trading with you and your company gave me a much needed boost in life. Your way of working and guidance have shaped up my skills even more. The way you are always there to guide me through my investments has made me a stronger person than I was and now i just got a new ride. You have been really great with your guidance, so I want to thank you personally. May God bless you Sir
Send him a DM :envelope_with_arrow: :point_right::point_right::point_right:Redirecting...

I heard forex options trade is changing lives but I never had a chance to try until I came across Joshua Bunker an expert trader who made my first trade and withdrawal a success, I couldn’t believe it up till now how amazing my story has changed through one single investment with him. And he has changed my life financially. Thank you very much for all the profits | made from your trading platform, it was very easy and successful. You can contact him if interested.
:arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:

I’m so happy I got my profits from Mrs Olgusya Gribova online investment Trade I just want to share the goodness of Mrs Olgusya Gribova to me and my Family may God bless you madam if you are interested you can Contact her and ask her HOW she Helped me invest because I have earn a lot which I didn’t expect from her…
Click on the Name and send me her How to invest

Clients are getting paid everyday so stop wishing and start wining, Mr. Bunker with link- Redirecting... can help you build your life financially just by investing Binary Options, Bitcoin and Forex Trading. There are lot of people here who are making huge profit trading in his company, He can generate huge profits for you just by trading in any of the investment plans he operates with. Make as much as you can with your capital accurately and perfectly,
Send a DM to Him

I noticed a crowd of people giving thanks to Mr. Bunker for helping them. So I decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise my first two weeks of trading was very successful, I made a very responsible amount that I can’t even get from my current job, I guess someone might need his help as well, I can’t stop sharing his good works :pray::pray:Click on the link to contact him, :point_down::point_down: :point_down:

1 Like

I feel so privileged to work with an expert like you sir. I also want to say a big thank you to your company for it’s transparency which is rare to find in organizations today. I must admit that I had doubts at first but after I got paid, I felt it necessary to share with the public and also let them know that you truly can be trusted. Redirecting...

1 Like

Don’t be among the multitude that gave up so easily because of rumor and bad experience. know ur worth and strive for the best. invest with Mr. Joshua Bunker and get your profit without hindrance or unnecessary fees, i just wanna let you know there is still competent mining expert. Bitcoin has been making people Rich and God bless Sir. Joshua for this amazing opportunity​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like