I want to name my son Lucifer but my family has an issue with it: Advice?

Girl if you love it go for it!! I think it’s a badass name

2 Likes

I think that name is awesome!!! Do it! It’s not their baby. Plus they can call him Luke instead (spelled Luc) it’s actually a real name. French.

1 Like

You should always keep your family’s considered in names, I personally would object to it. But that’s because I believe in God and the devil

1 Like

Name your baby what you want. My mom didn’t want either of my kids names to be what they are(Owen Andrew , and Greyson Jeen ) and now there’s nothing they can do.

Ok how abt I jus suggest another name; MY SUGGESTION WOULD BE; LUCIANO or LUKE

2 Likes

Mhmmmm think about the kid … do you really think him being called Lucifer it’s the best choice for him to go through out life with . Like at school :joy::cold_face::cold_face:

For all you people being rude or saying “Oh your child will be bullied” No her kid will not be bullied because if people have raised their child correctly it won’t matter to them if his name is Lucifer. I absolutely love the idea and I too love Lucifer (The show) it’s amazing! You do you boo and don’t let anyone else tell you what to do.

11 Likes

In my own personal opinion that child will have a very hard time making friends and/or ever getting a bf/gf at a young age. I once knew a girl named Hermès and she got bullied and harassed. They would call her herpes Hermès.

4 Likes

Its ur choice not anyone elses

My son is named Lucien. Similar in sound without the "negative’ connotation

2 Likes

It’s your child. Not theirs.

1 Like

Think of him in the future having to deal with his own name

5 Likes

Who gives a fuck what people think. It’s a name. I’ve heard worse, quite frankly. La-a (La’Dasha) being one :roll_eyes:

Name him
Samael it is lucifers angel name

5 Likes

Your kid, your name, period.

Is it on banned names list, if not go for it

1 Like

I feel like the kid would have a hard time hopefully the kid doesn’t get bullied in school kids are so harsh🥲

Unless you expect him to be in prison. Cause the first kid that will get blamed for everything will be him.

3 Likes

Personal opinion

I’d be ready to have tissues every day for the child’s life. Other kids will bully, he may not make friends, and when he’s older (if he chooses not to change it) he’s not going to have a lot of job opportunities. The first thing on a resume is the name. And the recruiters or who ever gets ahold of applications will either a- think it’s a joke or b- won’t hire based on the name. And the sad thing is, is you’ll never know if that’s the reason behind it.

1 Like

You may think it’s cute and have a reason behind it, however the child will suffer as he grows up. It’s a reality like it or not, he will be made fun of :frowning:

Maybe you just like the name Lucifer because you like the show and character so much? I agree with others though. Think about him in the long run, the world isn’t nice no matter how we raise our children… can’t control how others will view it.

I would totally let our kids be friends! If any parent wouldn’t let their child be friends with someone over a name that’s INSANE and hella racist if ya ask me🤷🏻‍♀️

5 Likes

If your in the UK I’m 99% sure you can’t legally register it as your child’s name and it will be refused by the registration office

1 Like

Don’t tell people what you plan to name your kid until it’s on the birth certificate. Then it’s a done deal and most won’t share their negative feelings about it (unless it’s my MIL :roll_eyes:)

5 Likes

That poor kid. He’s gonna get made fun of so bad.

8 Likes

It’s the name of an angel.

Actually it’s an angel it was God’s favorite angel before the fall Lucifer Morningstar and lucifer means light bringer

1 Like

Well yeah it’s your child, it’s no one’s business blah blah blah…in reality that name will be a literal nightmare for him and in turn, you. Don’t be selfish and dig your heels in on that name just because you can…

13 Likes

Keep the name … The family need to stop being so negative if they dont like it … They can stay away …

My personal opinion… which is what you asked for peoples opinions… No… Not a good name.

6 Likes

Truthfully I dont see why you wouldn’t call him that. I mean he may get picked on but teach him young to defend himself without fighting. Teach him his name is ok and that he isn’t the devil. Or that he won’t turn out like the devil. Your son might be the best kid around with a 4.0 not hurt a fly. It all depends on how you raise him. My daughters name is Autumne. Her aunt is named summer. Nobody picks on her Bc I put an E at the end of her name. Nobody picks on her aunt Bc she has a season for a name. But those two people would never hurt a fly. Well maybe my daughter Bc she hates bugs. That is my fault. But she couldn’t hurt anybody. My son is the same way. Just name him whatever you want.

He’s YOUR child name him what you want! Who cares what anyone thinks!!!

2 Likes

I’m sure this has been said before, but I’d double check where you live, because in some states or countries, that’s not a legal name you can give a child.

He will be picked on and made fun of by others

5 Likes

You should change it for the sake of your child.

6 Likes

I personally don’t like the name but if you do that’s all that matters.

Think about your kid growing up.

2 Likes

Real talk, a name is a name, your child will get bullied because all children do, and Idgaf if their name is Bob, they get bullied too. I think it’s a cool name, you’re the one who’s gonna have to be running around hollering it out looking for him and if you’re OK screaming lucifer out your car window, I say do you.

Omg my son’s name is Damien and that’s the frist thing most people associates with his name that and the omen… Lol I say go for it, it’s your kid…

5 Likes

Ur setting him up bad

2 Likes

oh go ahead and name him Hitler…makes about as much sense.

8 Likes

I think you should go for it

YOU like the name, but you’re not naming yourself. You’re saddling someone else with that horrible name.

1 Like

Please don’t do that! He will live up to his name. So pls keep that in mind.

4 Likes

Honestly if you love the name that much, you ought to change your name to it, as you’re an adult that can cope with anything that comes your way. Kids, family, teachers, and strangers are going to form an opinion of him before he even has a chance, and if you’re okay with letting a child go through all of that, then maybe you should really think if you are prepared to deal with it for the rest of your life, as well as him not liking his name and changing his name when he can.

14 Likes

Think of another name

2 Likes

No- you’re the one gonna be screaming and singing it for the next lifetime- do what makes u happy-

I almost named my daughter Alli Starr Crowley

3 Likes

its not even a bad or weird name people (christians especially) just like to have their panties in a twist abt it
As for everyone saying he will get bullied teased etc do ur part and raise ur kids to not be assholes and dont be assholes urself and people wouldnt have to worry as much abt things like tht. Yall really be having tht toxic ass mindset of dont do like eat etc anything if theres a chance u may get shit from other people. Do what makes u happy.
Its ur kid and there are billions of worse names u could give him if its what u really wanna name him do it youll regret changing it to make everyone else happy

Would you call him Lucy as his pet name?

Name your kid whatever you want. It’s not your families kid

2 Likes

Maybe he will live up to his name! Wouldn’t you be proud. But that shouldn’t matter, you don’t believe!!!
However your kid will wonder why you thought he was the devil!! So choose wisely!!!

3 Likes

Lmao I call my daughter samael her names Samantha

YES. And because of the pre Judgement he’ll face in the world.

1 Like

Last time I knew your the parent, it’s your choice of names.

Don’t you ever!!! Name your child that ever. One day you will understand. My soul is telling you not to. To everyone agreeing. Karma.

2 Likes

Think about your child. Think about how he can potentially be bullied or made fun of just because of his name all his life. Is it worth it?

2 Likes

Use it as his middle name. If he wants to be called Lucifer when he grows up he can always choose it a lot of people use their middle name as their 1st name. Just a thought. I loved that show so much. He was A-blast!

1 Like

Pffft. It’s your kid. Name it whatever you want

1 Like

He will be made fun of terribly if you five him thay kind of name. Kids will be horrible. Don’t do it

2 Likes

Why not…there’s millions of Jesus’s walking around…

7 Likes

It will hinder him later in life. It’s your kid, name him what you want but please think of the consequences.

3 Likes

Name him Lucian? Less stigma, still kind of similar.

4 Likes

You may like the name but he has to live with it. Think about what he might go through in life with that name.

Change it for him, he’s the one that’ll get teased for the rest of his life. There are so many awesome names, I’m sure you won’t have a problem finding another one.

2 Likes

A bunch of moms won’t let there kids come to my nieces birthday party’s because she was born on Halloween. So if your cool with your kid being a social outcast and not having friends then yea go for it. Or if you want to do what’s best for your kid and still have what you want then maybe make it his middle name.

6 Likes

It’s a no for me but he is your baby not ours. His name will always have a stigma around it…maybe it would be a better middle name at least he doesn’t have to use it?!!

1 Like

Nope. Ur baby, ur choice.

I wanted to name my daughter Mazikeen I would’ve put first name ‘Mazi’ middle name ‘Keen’

1 Like

God created your ancestors, your parents, you, and your son. Don’t name him that just don’t.

6 Likes

I actually love the name lucifer and it’s meaning ( light bringer) but you should check online as some names are actually illegal to name your babys

Do not set your child up for failure with a name attached to something so negative! Imagine job applications? School work? Teen years ! Not a good move !

I would tell the parent to think about the child’s future. They might think it’s a cute name but what will future employers think? When he’s applying to college? As an elderly person needing care. Who wants to work for a person with that name? Or marry someone with that name?

5 Likes

Meaning & History if the name Lucifer
Means “bringing light”, derived from Latin lux “light” and ferre “to bring”. In Latin this name originally referred to the morning star, Venus, but later became associated with the chief angel who rebelled against God’s rule in heaven (see Isaiah 14:12). In later literature, such as the Divine Comedy (1321) by Dante and Paradise Lost (1667) by John Milton, Lucifer became associated with Satan himself. There are tons of unique names now days… do what you want if all else fails you can use it as a middle name

3 Likes

Your baby, your choice! :black_heart: if you love it, go for it!

1 Like

Make his middle name Adolf and you’re all set

5 Likes

They can call him Lucy for short!!

1 Like

Tell them they’re welcome to name their next baby whatever They choose but this is your baby and you’ll pick the name that YOU choose

I was told really great advice when picking out my childrens names. Imagine you are looking to hire someone, Brad Smith and Lucifer Jones applied. Both are qualified but the name Lucifer makes you uncomfortable. So you hire Brad. I love the name personally but maybe for a middle name. Something like Zachary Lucifer??

Lucifer is an English distortion of the Hebrew name given for Satan in Isaiah. It’s not the actual name. Name your kid what you want.

1 Like

Your son will hate you for the rest of his life. Lol

2 Likes

You like the name God also you said so name him God better than
Lucifer

1 Like

May I say antichrist in the making lol :rofl::rofl: no pun intended! Literally what else is 2021 gonna throw at us!!!

1 Like

I’d say If you are cool with why it’s a unique name and no one else names their kid that at birth, then go for it. Especially since there is a hit show, it might just catch on and lots of kids will reclaim the name of the fallen one is the near future. Maybe Zeus will become a thing again, or Ramses. I’d love to see another Tutankhamen.

3 Likes

I loved the name Damien but was told I’d be disowned if I ever named my son that. His name Anthony Alvin now after my deceased grandpas

1 Like

I believe that although you like that name. It’s not your name that you have to live with he does. Don’t put him at a disadvantage because you think the name is cute…

Are they carrying
YOUR BABY are they paying YOUR BILLS if not then name YOUR BABY whatever you please!!!

4 Likes

If I had another kid I wanted it to be a girl and name her mazikeen an of course call her maze

Its your baby, name him what you want. If they dont like it, theres the door. They had their kids & named them what they wanted now its your turn. Hell my moms side of the family HATED my dad!!! He passed a couple years ago & I was always a daddys girl. I have two girls but am now pregnant w/ my first son. Guess who Im naming him after​:joy::joy::fu:t2:

It’s your child I say go for it. I don’t believe in God or Satan either. I named my son Damien Odin (Son of Satan God of War). I think Lucifer is a badass name.!!

2 Likes

Please don’t do that to your kid! There are so many great and unique names out there. Pick another :roll_eyes:

Im just gonna say No

3 Likes

It’s your baby to name. However, I always considered how a name could be made fun of because children are brutal a$$holes (as are some adults)…is it worth the mockery he will more than likely face?

3 Likes

You may love the name but be sure you think of your child growing up. There is nothing meaner than a kid. He will be tormented in school.

3 Likes

Do what makes you happy, but also, think of his future, give him a “normal” middle name in case he doesn’t like being called Lucifer, Lucy, or Luke … Just saying… But I was in a mommy & me group with a girl who named her daughter Mazikeen…

Lucifer is a Latin word that means “light bearer” and was originally the name for the planet Venus, known as the “morning star.”

4 Likes

I think if you want to name him that do it but when he gets older and finds out what that is he may really have some issues with it. I can’t imagine calling my grown man of a son that name… :grimacing: if your son chooses to have different beliefs than you that could also be an issue… Id just choose the name wisely. He has to have it for the rest of his life…

Have your husband help find you find a name… I don’t believe in the bible… I still wouldn’t name my kid that… Children are cruel and will be made fun of. But that’s your choice.

That name is a Tragedeigh 2.0

No it’s your child name him whatever you want.