I want to name my son Lucifer but my family has an issue with it: Advice?

The fact that you are solely naming your child after a show ! Mind u u don’t exist to the actors ! Who by the way isn’t his name ! Smh is sad

Ummm no don’t do that to your baby.

2 Likes

People hated the name Damien for yrs also…
Stop worrying wtf others think

1 Like

Religious people may not even realize that Lucifer was God’s most beautiful Angel…:woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Please don’t he will hate it his entire life.

1 Like

My daughters name is Mazikeen after the demon :woman_shrugging:t4:

No, but he’ll probably have to fight alot.

It’s your child that will be saddled with that name. He may not have the same feelings as you. If you want to name someone that, change your name to Lucifer.

4 Likes

It’s more about your son having to grow up with a name like that. Maybe he will feel uncomfortable with that name. Especially if he does believe in god.

U would be a damn fool to name ur kid that

1 Like

Awful name…your kid will get beat up…

1 Like

Hum…I could say a lot…but I won’t… It’s
your child…but remember he is the one who will have to live in society with that…once again… your choice…

3 Likes

Your choice. But he’ll spend his whole life defending himself because if his name.

2 Likes

Name your child what u want their opinions don’t matter

As a Mom, I really feel like that if the child’s name isn’t easy to yell…you shouldn’t do it…
Yell it… throw it out there…add their middle name. If it rolls off the tongue easily…go with it… nothing else today seems appropriate OR correct.
So…fuck em all. Yell that shit. If it doesn’t work, don’t do it.

Name your baby what you want to name your baby

I’d be pissed if I was your kid and you named me tgat

Oof… I mean I wouldn’t name my kid that because I wouldn’t want them to be taunted and harassed by other children. Especially considering the only real nickname for it would be Lucy, another name that would get a little boy picked on. Just think of your child, and what’s best for them. Kinda the whole point of parenting is trying to set your kid up for success. Do you think he wants to put Lucifer down on job applications? Even if you remove religion, it was also the name of Cinderella’s stepmother cat lol

Can’t even believe someone is having to ask this question. He will hate you for naming him that.

2 Likes

I dig the name, but not for your child just because of unnecessary treatment he will get from less open minded people.

Get a cat lol

2 Likes

Kids have so much stress in their lives, why would you add to it? Your child will be bullied by other kids, probably shunned by parents. No matter how much you love the name, think of the long term psychological affects :frowning:

I have 3 boys and wanted to name eachnof them Damien but I was constantly shut down and now I don’t want anymore kids. Name the child what you want

lucifer is not an issue name back then so what happened?

I’m all for naming you kids whatever you want and I’m definitely not Christian. However, just because you don’t believe doesn’t mean that most of the people in our country don’t. That name has terrible connections to it, regardless of what you believe. Your son will get horrible flack for it. That’s the only reason I’d say not too. Your son will pay for it. Idc what your family thinks but your son is gonna have a terrible time. You might as well name him Hitler tbh.

3 Likes

Can you say “PICKED ON” If you want your child picked on and bullied then yea go ahead and name him lucifer …its not just about you and that you think this name is cool you have to think of the child!!!

1 Like

Give the child a more normal yet unique name.

You don’t have to carry that name around and I guarantee he will get made fun of in school. Kids can be mean & relentless in their teasing.

Why set your child up to be bullied and emotionally abused. People are going to see that in a bad light and it’s not just a name.

It had negative connotations and you don’t want your child dealing with that mess.

…It’s completely your choice, but just remember kids are cruel and he has a lot of time to be going to school , and other activities with kids. I definitely don’t think it’s a great idea, but I mean , my opinion doesn’t matter because he isn’t my son lol

I personally love the name, but I do feel it may cause problems.

I love the name
Ur baby do what u want fuck everyone else

1 Like

Your kid has to live with it you don’t. Be prepared for what he will go through because you like a show.:woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Wow well I mean to you it’s just a name but to 90% of the population it’s a negative name… your baby will sadly be harrassed, made fun of and have to live with it…I get it’s JUST a name but this name can have serious mental, confidence and emotional strain on your son to deal with in his life.

Why not try something similar like Lucistern or lucidan lol Luci-whatever lol but for god sakes not Lucifer! Lol :joy:

2 Likes

Just name him Dexter ( serial killer)

1 Like

Your child will have to live with the consequences of that name. It’s child abuse from birth. Name your pet Lucifer and give your child a name he can be proud of.

5 Likes

Your kid, do what you want but it’s an incredibly selfish thing to do just because you want to fight religion. Seriously, it’s your fight, not your kid’s. You’ll make him bear the brunt of the teasing, bullying and being excluded from things like jobs and the like just so you can think you’re cool to your friends. You may not like that it will happen, but it will happen and you will be the cause of it. Now a middle name that he can take as his name when he’s old enough to make that decision? Sure, go for it. But as the main name, you’re asking for his problems.

5 Likes

You want to REALLY make your kid suffer and be ridiculed and lots worse? REALLY. ?? That’s like in the old days naming a boy sally . …HE will most certainly learn to FIGHT and will get beaten up a LOT!!

3 Likes

I actually love that name and the fact they call him Luci in the show makes it more adorable for me! I can’t have anymore kids but I would definitely do it if I could!

No way . Kids will be mean to him. No and no

4 Likes

Your kid you name it whatever you want

2 Likes

Your child will be bully all his life and will hate you for naming him that just remember he will have to live with it not you

5 Likes

Why would you want to cause your son to suffer?

2 Likes

Name him what you want. If you aren’t religious who cares.

1 Like

I’m normally a “name your kid whatever you want” but this toes the line. I understand YOU aren’t religious but what if your child decides to be?

3 Likes

I love that show BUT I wouldn’t name my son that. It will definitely not be easy for him.

You really need to think about whether your son can live with the name you choose people can be cruel especially children. Do you want to take the chance that your son may be ridiculed teased or worse. You’re free to make your choices but you are not free of the consequences of those choices.

1 Like

Just name him something sweet like Apple or Pillow :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: no way will family make fun of him then. :skull:

1 Like

All y’all people are fucking ridiculous :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
But yet I bet half y’all’s kids name is spelled so ass backwards people can’t even figure out how to say it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Or probably same people that name their kid rifle or Wesson or moon and cloud
Or every kids name end in " ghly"

2 Likes

You going too name your child after a TV show ?.. Why not name him Jimmy savile :woman_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

Don’t do that to your kid…he’ll catch shit from other kids you know he will. Don’t do that…

4 Likes

A child’s name is not about you. It is his title. You will guarantee a young life of constant teasing. Get a dog or cat and name it lucifer. Watch comments people make and be forever grateful you did not do it to achild

5 Likes

Your not an anti-semite but would you name your child Adolf? Probably not seeing as it had a terrible association with the name.

I’m all for naming your child what you’d like but there are limits.

6 Likes

Might as well name him Adolf

Make it his nickname

Yes you should choose a different name

4 Likes

That is just touching your kid. If you really have to make it his middle name. If not he is going to get picked on all through school. Kids are mean. Look at my last name. Just replace the B

I am an individual who prides myself on education and learning things I do not know I am not from a religious background but have studied many versions of the bible so please noone take offense to this comment I am just sharing knowledge

One- it’s ur child

Two- Lucifer was an archangel known for being the bringer of light or the morning star it wasn’t until he became obsessed with his own beauty, intelligence and power (a narcissist). He believed he could take gods position and was cast out of heaven to the darkest depths where he remained to try and overthrow god then being considered Satan or the devil.

Lucifer is less known for the fact that he was indeed the bringer of light (bringer of dawn) and the older brother to Jesus.

If ur naming ur child for the right reasons then noone is able to tell u any different in the show Lucifer it depicts the battle of a fallen angel doing right and wrong.

Do I believe u naming ur child Lucifer even with the best intentions is going to effect the child yes it will have ramifications for him as he ages. He will likely be picked on due to the fact that many view that name and associate it with the devil. U could also see issues from it as the state may view u and ur household as devil worshipers thus creating additional issues.

5 Likes

So yes, you can name him what you want. But, that being said, I don’t think Lucifer is necessary a good name to choose. I love the name too, but because of history and religion, no matter where he goes or what he does, people will ridicule him for his name and WILL bully him (same goes for ppl I know who have the name Jesus, Angel, and Christian). Plus, if he decides to grow up and be religious, then it makes it even more difficult for people to understand that he is not a ‘fallen angel’ and prove himself day in and day out. Or maybe middle name and not tell your family. They don’t have to know his FULL legal name. But just be forewarned of the issues that will arise from choosing a name.

6 Likes

Name your son something that will allow him a successful future. Im fairly certain there are no lawyers, doctors, judges, teachers, police officers, etc named Lucifer. Give him a chance at life.

If you like the name Lucifer, get a black cat or dog and name it Lucifer. That’s a good name for a pet.

That’s like your last name is Cane and you name your daughter Candy. Her only potential is a stripper or candy shop owner.

9 Likes

I have to agree with Lois Scot here. I was given the name Easter at birth. That was truly awful growing up, the teasing &bullying, always having to explain my name, “yes it’s my real name”, etc. It wasn’t until I was 35 years old that I actually personally chose it as my name to keep, and really identified with it. Not a good name for short-names or nicknames. People assuming me & my parents were religious since Easter is a religious holiday.

Yeah, re-think your choice there. Think of your kid, both for now, then in school, & in their future adulthood.

You should change it because your child has to live with that name for life, and he will for ever be coping crap for it and it’s not right to do that to your child, get an animal if you really want to use that name or a tattoo I don’t know but something else

4 Likes

Read a story about a family who lost custody of their son over naming him Adolf. I’d be concerned with something along those lines and how your son will be judged and treated due to you wanting to name your kid after “Satan”

2 Likes

You are setting your child up with a name like that. I am sure you can come up with another more suitable.

1 Like

He would have a difficult time in life with that name. Too many people have the same issues with it as your family. Don’t make life difficult for your son.

5 Likes

Okay. I’m usually for people naming their kids most names. You do you…. But you have to think about your kid. Growing up with Lucifer as a name will be very hard for him. If you want something similar go with Lucien. I’m with your family here. Don’t name him Lucifer.

2 Likes

I like the name Lucifer

2 Likes

Ugh.
Look, they, and most, need to really learn who Lucifer really is. There are actually zero affiliations between evil and the devil listed anywhere in the Bible. He is part of God’s team basically testing faith and reporting the ones who screwed up.
He’s not even against God.

And if you research Satanism, there is nothing in there “evil”. They have their own commandments and the first one is that you harm nobody and the worst offenses are harm to a child and rape to a woman.
But go thru the Bible and it’s endless accounts of God having the infants and 1st borned killed all over the place. And it also states a raped woman must marry her offender.

So, Lucifer it is.

And no, I’m not a Satanist.

6 Likes

No matter if you believe in the Devil or not the child will always be associated and likely mocked for the name Lucifer. You may like the name, but they have to live with it. It will be on their resume while finding a job, and they may be judged negatively for that name. They may come to a belief in religion and always feel shame for their name.

I would recommend not to box your child in with a name with such stigma attached to it. Just like someone with the last name Hetler or something close, saying, but I really like the name Adolf.

In the end it’s just a name, and you get to choose the child’s name. You can name your child poop because you like poop and your child can be successful or a failure as it is only a name.

5 Likes

Use Luke… it is way more regal.

We call me daughter lucy… she will even tell you her names lucy when she knows he real name (shes 2) its short for Lucifer. I read the comments about naming ur son after a show… 2 of my kids are named after a show… the losing custody over the name comments… the setting them up for failure comments… but really? Its your decision. You may be setting him up for hate from the church people… but they will feel the same way about him if hes gay or what have you. A name should be memorable. And boy oh boy with a name like lucifer… they will remember him! Your baby. Your rules :woman_shrugging:

Your child your choice … no one elses

I’m not saying not to name him Lucifer because of your family, but I think you shouldn’t because of the sake of your son. He might get shit for it when he’s older and you’re leaving him open to being made fun of and bullied. He’s your child, you can name him whatever you want but please think of your child in the possibility of his future with a name like that. Some parents don’t think before they name their child and their kid has to live with it for the rest of their lives, not you.

9 Likes

You would be setting your son up for bullying, ridicule . And all sorts of stuff.

6 Likes

I believe you are setting your child up to be endlessly bullied if you choose that name.

7 Likes

This is entirely up to u what u name your child however please think this this over there r many narrow minded people and your child has to live with his name. Look up many other names I’m sure u can find one to hear the name lucifer people can associate it with the devil so think it over.is best

Bad idea…stop thinking what you consider to be cute or trendy and think about what your child will have to go through with that name for the entirety of his life.

8 Likes

If you love your child don’t do it. Because he will be so picked on if you name him that.

7 Likes

Just because you dont believe in God and the the devil, doesn’t change the fact that they exist.

Naming a child that is horrible, he will be ridiculed all the time.

Don’t do it.

3 Likes

IMHO you should also think about what your son may have to endure as he gets older. Personally no matter how much I love a name I would never give my child a name that they have to explain or recover from.

1 Like

I’d be asking yourself do you want your kid to grow up having people call him Lucy??? Cus you know damn well kids will call him that and think it’s funny.

3 Likes

Your kid who cares what anyone else says.

1 Like

“Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you’ll be criticized anyway.”

People tease kids for like everything. Name your child what you want !

Forget what the family think, consider what your child’s experience will be living with a name like that. You may like the name, but like it or not, it has universal negative connotations that your child will have to deal with everyday. If you like the name so much, give it to a pet.

17 Likes

Fuck them lol I didn’t name my kids what I wanted because my mom didn’t approve. I wish I would have named them what I wanted. Also there are plenty of people out there named Damien, the connotations didn’t stop them

I personally love the show and the name Lucifer. Since I’ve already had my kids, I have to settle on pets and vehicles to name. My car is Mazikeen. I so love that name.
Lucifer is the lightbringer though.

According to Nameberry, Lucifer is the 55th most popular name for male babies right now. So your kid may not get picked on. He may be one of 5 Lucifers in his class!

3 Likes

Everyone saying he will be bullied for being named Lucifer make me laugh. Kids pick on other kids no matter what their name is! I remember people calling me Tri-Sarah-Tops and making fun of my name and it is in the Bible and a good name! So stop acting like little kids aren’t little terrorists out to pick on whoever they can!

With that being said, OP you should name your son whatever you want to! You could tell people who don’t like the name that they can call him Louie or Luca and shorten it so they don’t have to use the full name. Or if you’re truly worried about it, put Lucifer as his middle name and be the only one who calls him that. Middle names are just as relevant and important as first names! Do whatever makes you happy! And if your son hates it when he is older you can always pay to change it!

Maybe use it as his middle name?

2 Likes

The devil or the cat from Cinderella. Lol. Your kid, your call lol

Sure when he is born make sure you have a red tail and a red pitch fork and some red pointy ears to go along with his name!

1 Like

He will get picked on at school.
Thy will call him Satan or devil.
Lucifer is the name of the devil.

8 Likes

Regardless if you’re a believer or not, naming your child Lucifer will burden your child. You don’t have to grow up and live with the name … he does. It’s a bad idea, in my opinion.

What if he grows up to be a believer.

6 Likes

I dont believe in God either, however there are people that do and he might not be able to go stay at a friends for a sleep over later in his life because his name. You know how petty religous folks can be. :woman_shrugging: I mean it is your child, you carried him but my opinion would be not to name him that.

He will definitely get picked on and most likely resent you naming him that. There is always a name change when he gets older I suppose.

3 Likes

Change the name for the sake of your son. He will be teased his whole life and get remarks about it.

3 Likes

I believe that is on the list of names you can’t legally use

2 Likes

Don’t do it for your family. Change it for your sons sake. People will torment him his whole life

6 Likes

I think if your parents think that way, most likely others will too. Just think about what it will cause your son in the future. It is what you want, but do you think your son would want you to name him that?

He will get picked on in school if you use it for the first name make it his middle name, kids can be cruel

4 Likes

Choose a different name.