If I quit my job to be a stay at home mom will I get more child support?

I don’t except child support. I have a good job and take care of us by myself

2 Likes

You’ve got to be kidding me!

2 Likes

My twins are 4 this year and were born at 25 weeks, there so called father gives them a whole $16 a fortnight and I don’t work, child support is bullshit, he has 0% care and gives 0% :joy:

1 Like

This can’t be real!? :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

damn…are you really that lazy

If your kids are in school most of the day, that’s not being a stay at home mom, that’s just being lazy

5 Likes

CS is for your CHILDREN, not to support you staying at home. And they are at school!?? Go to work :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

How selfish can you be?

1 Like

Oh boy… This sounds greedy and selfish…

1 Like

This can’t be real life.

2 Likes

How about consider yourself LUCKY to receive CS!!

4 Likes

This comment section did not disappoint :joy::rofl:

7 Likes

They will impute your income bc quitting was a choice.

FYI They go off your earning potential in most states.

1 Like

Why would you be a stay at home mom when your kids go to school there 7, and 12 and maybe home for the summer To be a stay at home mother makes no sense as a mother I would be working to show your children in life to be independent and never have to depend on another person for money as it’s your own responsibility to provide for them as well this makes some women look bad and give us a bad name to men that actually work and pay child support for there children then there’s men that don’t same for women not having there children! Never depend on another parents money cause when that runs out then you be getting a job and starting all over as when there adults you have something to retire !

4 Likes

When i was a single mom, i literally drove 2/3 kids to school
Droppes them off at 7:30 and went to work with my other child by 8:00am his bus picked him up from my job. I worked until 2:45 and then picked other 2 kids back up by 3 and then headed home to meet bus by 4:00 and then did RUSH hour as i called it. Homework , dinner, showers, and then on the weekends i had someone watch my kids on saturdays from 6am till 2:30 and sundays and wednesdays i was off. Wednesdays because the kids got out early that day. Sometimes if needed i would pick up a few hours on wednesday. Wasnt east but i made it work! Figure a way to work! You will be happier!

Sounds absolutely lazy to me. Why depend on him for income be independent and make your own money. Child support is for the kids not for you to quit your job and stay at home.

5 Likes

The child support is meant to support the kids, not you. And not to get out of your portion of the support either. My mom did shit like this. She never used the child support for us, and just so u know that’s a bitch move. I’ll never forgive her for it. And I hope u realize how wrong this question is!

Men need to survive as well. Go to work

2 Likes

If you can’t afford to be a stay at home mom - DO NOT BE A STAY AT HOME MOM. Don’t be a freeloader. Teach your children better.

5 Likes

That is not what CS is suppose to be used for. Not only will the judge not agree to this logic in court… but I doubt your ex will be okay with it either.

This is the most ridiculous question everrrr…. You should be embarrassed and ashamed to even ask such a thing! WOW!!!:flushed::hushed::woman_facepalming:t2:be an independent single mother and show your children how important it is to work hard for everything and to NEVER depend on ANYONE or ANYTHING! Not to mention your ex has to live too… how selfish!

3 Likes

It’s his job to help support his children not you. It’s sad you want to depend on an ex to support you. Don’t quit your job no one is responsible for you but you. Maybe he should review the living situation.

1 Like

This is really bad…you should feel bad…

As the grandmother of a baby in split homes, I do not see the point in you trying to be a SAHM when your child is in school and you have joint custody. You need to work!!! And set an example for your children!

1 Like

Stop being lazy and work

I just have no words here. What did you expect the answers to be?! Some of us women are doing it with literally $0 child support at all!!! Suck it up and be thankful you get what you get!!!

1 Like

Wow. Just wow.
I get zero child support…he has owed for years…going on 20k.
I cant even believe this is a serious question?!?!

1 Like

Wow!!! Child support isn’t meant to support moms that don’t want to work, it’s meant to help support the children you created. If you don’t want to work to take care of your children, why should your ex-be forced to pick up your slack?? Grow up, keep your job and help support the children you created!

9 Likes

That’s Child Support, not ex-wife support.

1 Like

So you want to live off your ex? :thinking::woman_facepalming:t2::joy:

2 Likes

That’s not how it works….

2 Likes

No! It doesn’t go by your income it goes by his! There is NO reason why you can’t work a job while your kids are in school. None at all. It is not your child’s fathers responsibility to fully support BOTH of your children!!! This is absurd. Just because you want to stay at home? Sorry it don’t work that way. Smh.

2 Likes

You are still responsible for providing your share for your children!! He is to help support the children… not you…

You talk with your attorney if his money is more take him bk to court quiting your job will not be option

1 Like

CHILD support is for the CHILDREN. not for people who don’t want to work. This is insane :woman_facepalming:t3: child support is not made to take care of you & support you.

5 Likes

This is why women who get child support get shit on so much. Dumbasses like you. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Is this for real? IMO child support is for the child only and not to support you being a stay at home mum while your kids are at school

2 Likes

Wow :flushed: I cannot believe people are so incredibly irresponsible and lazy. My ex-husband and I have shared custody. The judge asked if I wanted cs, she was blown away when I told her no. Why should their father support them when they are in my care? He has them equally and does his share when he has them, as do I when I have them. I do not think it’s fair that involved fathers should have to foot the Bill on the mother’s time.

3 Likes

Why would you quit your job to stay home if your not home with the kids? Don’t you think the baby daddy needs to make it too. So selfish and money hungry. Keep ya job!!! Doesn’t take a genius to know that.

3 Likes

This is the reason women get bad names

1 Like

Sounds like you shouldn’t get any child support. Lazy arse.

That’s just greedy…

Why you spell " I wanna be a freeloader Because my babydaddy makes more money now so he can pay me more childsupport " like that ?

9 Likes

This is sick. 🤦🏻‍♀🤦🏻‍♀🤦🏻‍♀🤦🏻‍♀

1 Like

I pray that this is a joke…:roll_eyes: tell me that there really is woman out there like this!?! :flushed: I guess I can see why he’s her “ex”.

6 Likes

Yuck :face_vomiting: how about if you can’t financially support your children and want to sit at home all day, let them go to their dad? Bum!

5 Likes

Say you’re lazy without saying you’re lazy…

12 Likes

Be happy you get any child support…there’s some of us who get nothing despite multiple calls to child support enforcement and yes I do work a full time job too!!!

1 Like

You cant be serious .you cant depend on support alone ,dont quit your job and you are not the only mom or even dad raising kids on your own.lazy is what you want

1 Like

I don’t know which state you live but starting July, y’all be getting 300/ mo per child. Part of Bidens’ child care act. That should be a big help

SMH… this is why it’s hard for anybody to get cs becuz people think this is ok…… wth!

1 Like

Wow I can’t believe this. That’s messed up. They’re school aged, so why the heck would you stay home for??? Do something, get a different job. Don’t take money from your kids. Yes, you can get it modified, but that’s just a ridiculous request. Sounds like you don’t want to work anymore and have him pay for you to stay at home. Not cool

2 Likes

I think the kids need to live with dad and you pay him. Selfish as hell.

13 Likes

Milking him for his money like a gold digger. Talking about can I stay home so he has no means of living instead of being an adult and getting a job of your own and helping. :sob::rofl: now I see why he pays cs. Girl you sound petty asf.

3 Likes

It’s child support not alimony. It’s for the kids not so you don’t have to work. I kinda hope this is a troll question.

5 Likes

Child support is meant to do just that, help support. You have to be able to provide as well. Smdh

1 Like

Just because your ex progresses does not mean you digress. Don’t be dependent on child support, it could bite you in our azz,

2 Likes

I don’t know what state you live in but you 100% do not get more for being a stay at home mom because the court sees you as physically able to work and get an income.

2 Likes

I seriously CAN NOT…

3 Likes

Child support is to help support the children… should have asked for alimony if you wanted him to support you

2 Likes

Are you kidding? Keep your damn job and stop expecting for everyone else to provide for you. There is nothing wrong with getting support from their dad but he doesn’t have to make enough for you to stay at home when you are no longer his wife. Greedy!!!

8 Likes

Absolutely not!!! It might make the judge give him the kids to him and give you nothing for such poor thinking skills!!!

1 Like

Have the case reviewed, they will only go after a certain amount of his pay check.

1 Like

based off the comments, for your sake mama I’m glad you posted anonymously…
The rest of y’all are straight bitches, Jesus Christ

This has to be a joke…

1 Like

Did i read this post right??? :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Nope they most likely base it off your potential income because you voluntarily quit.

1 Like

I’m really sad by this post, if you choose to quit your job it shouldn’t be your X job to make that work for you financially. There are 100’s of hard working single mommas and dads out there that get NO support or very little. Maybe you should get a part time job to cover the expense for your choice of life style. Things like this is why states are now starting to allow new spouse incomes from new marriages.

Duh. Don’t use your kids as a reason to be a lazy selfish taker.

1 Like

Coming from a dad who has 50-50 and whose ex wife hasn’t worked for 18 months because I pay her 2600 a month don’t be that young lady…

19 Likes

Maybe he should just got for full custody…

4 Likes

That’s wishful thinking :rofl:
Each parent is responsible for half the cost of the child.
I would suggest you focus on earning your own income and stay out of his personal business.
Also, consider yourself blessed as some single mom’s don’t receive a thing…
:raising_hand_woman::woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

If your not working the judge figures in your portion by saying you make minimum wage/40 hr a week. They will figure out how much he pays based on both them incomes. Even IF your not actually working. That’s how it is in Michigan.

This is a joke right

2 Likes

Why would you do that??? I’m confused…

Who is going to support you once your kids are grown. What are you going to do for a retirement plan??? :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

It’s moms like you who make the rest look bad

8 Likes

Sounds like he might be more fit for the kids tbh

5 Likes

The fucks…work and help take care of your children.

Quit trying to be a mooch & keep your job.

7 Likes

Wow. Why should he be expected to take care of you?

4 Likes

Using your kids to be lazy. Great parenting :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I truly hope this is a damn joke?? If not then YOU are in fact the joke smh

Why the fuck would you want to be a stay at home mom when you’re kids are at school!!! Makes no damn sense. Seriously, child support is for CHILD(REN) EXPENSES not your damn lifestyle!!!

And here I am not getting a dime :roll_eyes:
What the actual heck.

3 Likes

This is the most ridiculous post. I’m surprised you didn’t intentionally get fired to get all the extra unemployment lol. Your kids are in school there’s no reason why you need to be home during the day. If you had an infant and couldn’t afford day care I could understand… this just screams lazy.

5 Likes

I read this as “My ex has a better job and I want to be thirsty, so instead of being an adult and continuing to support my kids I am going to just hit his pocket harder and sit on my ass” HELL NO! Girl you cannot afford to be a SAHM so dont be one. 7 and 12 means the 12 yr old in most US states can be trusted for a small duration of time with the 7 yr old to sit at home and do homework and maybe a load of dishes and wait for you to get off work at 5 or 6 after school. IDK what state you are in but I have 2 kids from my ex and never got a dime from his “under the table” working ass, found out recently now he is making nearly 60k a year and has another kid, our kids are 16 and 17 and I aint hounding him, Let God deal with it. his new baby mama will figure out soon enough that my kids aint coming for no reunion. Count your blessing he is paying anything at all. too many of us mommas out here dont get a dime and have to work 2 and 3 jobs. you are making us look bad with this nonsense post.

1 Like

Omg this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! Child support is for the kids needs like clothes, food and such it’s not to SUPPORT YOU! If your kids are in school most of the time then there is no reason you can’t work! Stop being lazy!

4 Likes

So his CS is based on his pay. Absolutely ask for more money. And if it enables you to stay home and make sure they have a good last year or two at home the. That’s your business. But heck yeah ask for an adjustment!

4 Likes

Wow unbelievable! Like why? Send that man his kids CHILD support not baby momma support

I usually don’t judge but tf you trying to live off of child support for??? Woman everyday raise there kids without child support. Don’t be trying to cheat the system. If you’re blessed to be able to have a job during these trying times then be grateful not selfish!!!

1 Like

I’m so confused by this question, because ex has increased his salary you want to quit work ?? Child support is pretty self explanatory Child support :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Girl whaaaat :woman_facepalming:t2: smh idk sounds like ur tryna use ur kids dad as a way to BE LAZY :woman_facepalming:t2: just give him custody ffs

2 Likes

I just don’t understand why you would need to be a stay at home mom during the day if there is no one there that needs to be taken care of. :thinking:

4 Likes

Maybe you should let your husband have the kids… then you pay him child support. See how you like it. Since your kids is just money to ya

2 Likes

This post makes me think they are just wanting a reaction out of people, because what respectful female would ever want to even ask a question like this?

First off, if it is time for a review and you absofreakinglutely NEED a review to provide for your KIDS, then ask for the review. Second off, if your kids are in school there is NO reason under the sun why you shouldn’t be WANTING to work to give your kids and yourself a better life and third and far most never depend on ANYONE other than yourself to provide for you and your kids! SMDH :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

Child support isn’t for you to sit on your butt! That’s just wrong on all levels!

All I can say is fucking WOW.:triumph:
You should probably just keep your job and not be lazy.
Also, know that your kids are gonna realize what a greedy & manipulative person you are, and they’ll more than likely hate you for it. :ok_hand:t2:
I HOPE the judge sees this shit somehow and straight tells you to fuck off.
Sounding like a damn car insurance commercial. :roll_eyes:
“I found out I can save 100% of my energy by quitting my job and fucking over my baby daddy instead” :rofl::eyes:

I’m confused why someone would need to be a stay at home mom if your children are 7 and 12 :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like