If I quit my job to be a stay at home mom will I get more child support?

And if anything if you pull that trick daddy might get custody!!!

3 Likes

Why would you quit your job? Trying to get more child support so you don’t have to work is ridiculous. They are your kids too. Child support is supposed to help with the kids, if you just wanna live off of him, give him his kids.

3 Likes

Or have him help pay for child CARE?! Lazy ass.

If you feel like your kids aren’t doing well in school and want to explore homeschooling then sure quit your job and pull them from school.
Or change your job so you only work between 9-3 so you can be home for them when they’re home.
If hubby’s job has changed then ask for a CS review. Make a decision based on that.

To everyone else - maybe she has health issues that require rest. We do not know her situation. Try being kind.

1 Like

It’s gunna be a dirty delete. Wait

Sorry but you are the type of stereo typical baby momma. Just say you want to be lazy and not have to work SMH. Great role model for your kids :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Are you serious?! I hope you don’t have any more kids in the future…. :woman_facepalming:t2: child support is for your children not for you to be a lazy a** at home while they’re at school. Guess you need to know if you’ll qualify for more government assistance as well…. Wow….

9 Likes

Sounds like he would be more fit having primary custody of the kids.

18 Likes

OMG give over :roll_eyes: all my kids at school/college I work full time have no support financially from father ever… Some parents mum and dad’s get slated because of people such as yourself… Their father not responsible for your needs… only the children.!
Be thankful you get any kind support, if you quot your job I’m sure another single parent will happily snap that up :raised_hands:
Did you ask yourself what happen if he loses his job and can’t pay you :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Just tell me you’re trifling without telling me you’re trifling !

8 Likes

If you’re going to ask a question like this then have the balls to not put it anonymously. Sounds like your kids need to go live with dad! The audacity and laziness. :joy:

I ain’t saying she’s a gold digger, but she ain’t messing with a :man_facepalming:t6:

7 Likes

Stay at home moms are for kids who stay at home, like home schooled. Why would you quit your job? Unless you plan on staying at home to work from home or start your own business but you’d need to prove that to a judge because I doubt this will fly in court smh :joy: my daughter will be 18 in August I’ve raised her alone all those years and no child support real talk! Some women are so damn greedy and pathetic smh

2 Likes

Good luck with that. :flushed:

How about you get a new job that doubles YOUR salary and then both you and your ex husband can provide for your children equally well. I bet he’s glad to be rid of the anchor you were.

14 Likes

Just go on n stay at ya job, baby girl

4 Likes

Child support is based on his salary. Request a review. I really hope you left some of the situation out.

Child support isn’t for you. It’s for your fucking kids. Reevaluate your life, stop being trash.

Really this is a question? How about you keep your job and show your kids that if want things in life you work for them for nothing is handed to you. Child support is to help support the kids not you!!

14 Likes

Maybe if you homeschooled or something

Why in the world would you want to be dependent on cs ( which no judge is going to order him pay all your bills and give you spending money) you have a job girl keep it. What if you quit your job and started depending solely on his cs and then boom he loses his job then what. If you feel like he’s not paying enough or he can afford more take him back to court and have the cs reevaluated but even if the judge agrees cs should be raised he’s not going to make him pay your bills.

4 Likes

CHILD support not LAZY bitch support :joy::skull:

What is wrong with you?!

4 Likes

This is some kinda joke right ? But people actually do this so it could be real to . Idk :woman_shrugging: why people do this crap let’s make a living off child support. I’m sorry child support is to help with the child or children but doesn’t pay or provide everything. And it’s definitely not supposed to support you it’s for the children. But so many do this and it’s sick :mask:

1 Like

In Kansas they would input your income to minimum wage whether you are working or not. I would recommend working and not quitting!

Umm no they go by his income not yours

This comment section is SO bad. You all are ridiculous. If you didn’t have the answer to her question you should’ve just kept scrolling. Like seriously who raised y’all?!

On another note ive never experienced this as I don’t get child support. If you look on a site called indeed there are SO many companies hiring remotely (work from home) right now that are legit businesses such as mortgage companies insurance companies things like that that pay pretty well. That would afford you the opportunity to stay at home and still have a day job since your children are in school you should be able to easily find one that will work for you. Hope this helps! :two_hearts:

4 Likes

In my opinion, if what he is paying you is enough to fully support 1/2 your children’s expenses, the rest of the money should be put into an account for THEM. Unplanned medical, sports, school functions, college, a car, whatever. You taking the additional money to support yourself as well is stealing from THEM. You have a responsibility to also support your children 50% of the time. Alimony would be a different story but CS, nah girl. You need to also step up. Especially since they are in school.

9 Likes

Ok so if you quit your job “because he makes enough money” well his jobs to help support the kids you BOTH made so He has every right to request a seek work order against you as it is your job just as much as it is his to financially support those children and if you quit your job he can request the seek work order through child support court and they will order it as it’s his right. Many people haven’t heard of this but it’s there and it is for full time employment what they enforce

1 Like

Holy shit this is the most selfish thing I’ve read this year. I’ve been unemployed for most of the year due to situations out of my control. Medical, etc. and never once have I thought to increase my child’s father’s child support amount. :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:. This is disgusting.

The judge will see you as willfully under employed. You have shown an earning capacity already and now because he got a better job you have decided to stop working???Won’t be a good look in court.
You can go back and have it redone but it needs to be for a reason other than you don’t want to work anymore.

The kids financial needs are greater or something to that affect.
But honestly your kids will turn 18 or go off to college then what? You won’t have a work history to fall back on. You’re only going to screw yourself out of social
Security or a retirement if you decide to be a stay at home mom.
Child support doesn’t last forever.
You won’t have anything for your retirement. What are you going to do then? Live off your kids?
I see this all the time. Women who decide to stay home get fucked over when they are old. Alimony reform and child support reform isn’t as favorable to women as you think.

Don’t financially fuck up your later years because you’re being lazy now. :woman_shrugging: it won’t be worth it.

Are you totally serious? Child support is to help care for his children, not for you to lie on the couch eating bonbons all day. You need to think higher of yourself.

8 Likes

Don’t even have to meet this person to tell what kind of person and mother she is! What a disgrace!

3 Likes

If you can worl then work the child support isnt for you to live off of its for the chilr yeah if you need a bill paid and need some money from child support go for it but as far as just living off it heck no! Get a job im tired of woman using children to drain their childrens fathers bank accounts smfh WORK!

3 Likes

Um ma’am it’s not his job to support you, it’s not alimony , he’s only required to HELP support his children, hence the term “child” support, meaning you’re required to help as well… at that point he might as well take custody of them if he’s the sole provider for them :woman_shrugging:t3: it’s women like you that give the rest of us a bad name!

16 Likes

Damn he probably got a new job because he couldn’t support himself after CS and you want to take that too? Trash

Wow. You are exactly what is wrong with the world. Entitled and lazy. He pays a percentage of his income to support his children. Not you!!

30 Likes

Holy shit… are you for real right now? I wanna do some research and send this post to your ex for the judge to see. You are a terrible role model. Keep your job and provide for your kids like a real woman does. Wtf

2 Likes

In some states it only goes off the dads income, not the mothers so it would not matter how much your making or not making , CS would stay the same.

If it is based on both your incomes I highly doubt a judge is going to grant you more CS because they are going to see that you have no reason to stay home and are very much capable of working. They are going to ask you why you quit and why you want to stay home , they are going to see you just want to be lazy and have someone else support you

1 Like

Ashley Breeden read these

Your joking? Stop being lazy, contribute to the economy and set and example of what a adult should be like for your children. There are people out there who have lost their jobs and are struggling to gain employment. We all want a free ride and early retirement but that’s life!

4 Likes

Stank coochie energy.
I’m sad you reproduced

6 Likes

Lady you have lost your mind. Women like you are what give the majority of women a bad name. Smh. It’s not just your ex’s responsibility to take care of those children. Poor kids.

9 Likes

Ummm no Child Support amount given depends on his income not yours

Maybe she got the point with all of our comments i hope lol

3 Likes

Maybe your ex should get custody of the kids since you don’t have a job… then you can pay him CS! Ignorant dumbass

If you are not feeling the passion in your job. Hand it in. Go and study for a different role and land the dream job you every wanted. It’s never too late mama. Dont give up working on yourself. Children will grow up and you will thank yourself for making changes :heart::heart::rainbow::rainbow::star::star:

1 Like

You have what’s called “potential income”. If you are in a position that typically makes X amount at full-time, your potential income will be based on that. So the answer is, absolutely not.

1 Like

Yall are so judgey wah

1 Like

This has got to be a bait post. Gotta be

2 Likes

Admin you might as well turn the comments off before her feelings really get hurt.
Tell her to get back to work before you do though.

38 Likes

Where I’m from the amount you get for cs is dependant on the father’s income not yours and if he makes below a certain amount he doesn’t have to pay. What if he loses his job? Then you have no income

3 Likes

I have 5 kids and don’t claim child support at all,I work so I don’t have too

4 Likes

So you want you ex to support you!
Then he shouldn’t be an ex!!

You should work to provide at least half your kids needs.

He could easily fight for full custody.

5 Likes

No hes not gonna pay u more so u can sit home. Ur kids are not even home most of the day. Don’t be lazy get a job :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

You should just give their dad the kids.

16 Likes

I wish my husband didn’t have to pay CS he can’t even see or talk to his daughter. Plus she makes more than him she’s an RN

Wtf did I just read this annoys me to my core. I would give anything to be able to work right now. You selfish woman this is disgusting. Why on earth would you want to live off of your exes money!

1 Like

Keep your ass at work!!! Wtf…

1 Like

The judge may even give you less because you’re not working. A judge will frown upon you not working. It’s not his job to support you, the support is for the kids to help and that’s it. Not for you to live off of.

10 Likes

Actually if you’re not working… your ex could use it against you as not being a stable environment for your kids. He could use that to gain more custody of your kids and lower or even possibly even eliminate child support all together. Not a smart move, just get a better job.

2 Likes

Judge bases child support off of his income, what he makes, not off of yours or the lack of yours.

2 Likes

Wow!! Are you kidding me, women like you give other women a bad name.

10 Likes

He’s not your husband. He isn’t supposed to support you so you don’t have to work. Do not quit your job. That’s lazy and down right stupid.

8 Likes

How about woman up. Don’t be a low life like that. That is ignorant. My Fiance’s Baby Mama did this same crap, just so she could get more Child Support from him when he hardly gets to see his child as it is because of her.

That man has a life too. Taking more of his money because you want more Child Support makes you scum.

Have a Blessed life. Hope Karma gets you.

3 Likes

I’ve often wondered how I end up following this group. But as a gentleman of culture on behalf of the men paying child support. Are you fucking serious did you fall down and bump your mother trucking head why would I man want to pay more for his baby mother to not go to work this seriously can’t be legit and if it is I hope you enjoy your petty life before you rot in hell…

2 Likes

Whoa…i cant even with this question.

2 Likes

its his money not yours. if his supporting his kids enough why would you want more?? he has his own life.

1 Like

Did somebody really write this? This is a sad way of thinking. Smh

4 Likes

You’re too red eye, is the kids his only?
You’re the worst kind of human

2 Likes

It goes by his wages, if he makes more money now he may have to pay more. But it won’t be enough to fully support you. That’s not what child support is for, it’s for his share of raising the kids but you have to put in your share also.

3 Likes

Ugh you’re the worst type of person.

12 Likes

You should want to work to show a good example to your children of what a strong independent woman looks like. Sad that you just want more of what the father has instead of the drive to create something for yourself. Both parents should contribute both emotionally, and financially to their children.

12 Likes

I’m nobodies parent, but if both kids are in school full time, there’s really no need to be a stay at home mom. Go out and make ya own moneys while they’re in school.

2 Likes

This cannot be real :flushed::-1:

I thought it went by the person paying child supports income. So if that persons income increased the child support may also. Don’t quit your job

Don’t be that disgusting

4 Likes

I have to assume this is a fake question…child support was created to take the burden off…not pay every bill you have. If you’re ok with the bare minimum then just get a job from 8 to 2 like the rest lol

Judge will see unnecessary :100: for u to be a SAHM n will tell u I have x amount of days to get a job.
What I can do is go back to court for a CS revision … if u need to.
But good for him he’s making more $ not fair to him to give u his money he’s working for. unless ur kids need it. :woman_shrugging:t2: :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

I think that answers why he’s your ex lol Jeez

7 Likes

Why don’t you give the kids to him. He can afford them… with his double what he made before and sounds like he has a work ethic…which you don’t. So give him the kids and lay on your ass in some dudes house that will let you

Wow way to be judgemental everyone.

4 Likes

You should be ashamed of yourself :exploding_head:

2 Likes

This is why women get a bad name. Fathers have bills as well as lives. Don’t make him drown in his own bills just because you wanna be able to sit at home and collect a check from him.

16 Likes

I hope they make you pay child support for this mentality! He is working his butt off to better himself for him and hopefully the kids and you want to sit at home and live off him??

3 Likes

Since he got a higher paying job it will increase once you go for another review but if you become a stay at home mom it doesn’t matter it will not increase and I mean no offense by this but if they are going to school during the morning why don’t you find a job in the mornings

1 Like

No, unless your child is under school age

Wow, is all I can say to that. Where is your pride? People like you give the rest of us a negative image. He makes more and I would think he also provides for the kids when he has them. Leave it alone and he is workong hard to earn money so work and provide as well for those children.

7 Likes

:joy::joy: I hope they lower it now.

6 Likes

You can’t voluntarily quit and get more child support. If a judge even feels that it’s a choice it can stay the same or even be lowered (depending on the judge)
MANY people and judges will see that as you abusing the system and the father. Personally I think poorly of you but don’t see the need to verbally call you the names I immediately thought of.

However, you can have it reviewed, as you should every year and if there’s a discrepancy on EITHER end it will be added to arrears or credited and he won’t have to pay at all for “X” amount of time.

I can see why she wouldn’t want people to know who asked this question

2 Likes

The judge will laugh at you :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Child support is for the kids…not you. How will you support yourself and also contribute to raising YOUR kids?

5 Likes

That’s pathetic :woman_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

No. You are not entitled to anything other than his financial “help” for the kids. In fact, you have a “shared” responsibility to support those kids. You can put in for a modification because his salary has increased, but it’s not his job to support you as well. Why do you need to be a stay at home mom if your kids are in school all day? Keep your job.

11 Likes

He got a raise and you feel you deserve that money? Omg just NO! May I suggest birth control and common sense?!

8 Likes

Being a full time mother is HARD AS FUCK. The fact other mothers are on here going oh I don’t even put him on child support is ridiculous to me. I’m with my children’s dad and he supports me so I can raise these children but even if we broke up he would still allow me to raise these children. You sound like a bunch of pick me’s it’s gross

Child support is for the CHILD. Not for you to be a stay at home because you DONT WANT to work.

2 Likes

Keep your job but take him to court for more CS.

Get ur ass to work smh

1 Like