If you are pregnant or nursing, did you get the COVID vaccine?

Everything that I have read says they are uncertain about taking the vaccine with pregnancy, in children, or if you have autoimmune diseases. So definitely not while pregnant.

Iā€™m nursing and got the vaccine! No issues after getting it and Iā€™m hoping it will provide some immunity to my little one

I donā€™t think they are allowing pregnant or breastfeeding women to get the vaccine yet, I could be wrong.

I would direct you to discuss with your OB. No one on this post, unless they are an MD has any right to advise you on this

2 Likes

The info leaflets Iā€™ve had through the post DO NOT RECOMMEND getting a vaccine if pregnant or breastfeeding. Bear in mind that distrubuted information for MANY medicines say the same thing. I suspect itā€™s due to lack of testing of such groupsā€¦

Did not get the vaccine and will not ever get it. Both baby and I had COVID, no symptoms.

1 Like

I just had my daughter on Monday and I didnā€™t get the vaccine.

I am breastfeeding and got my first vaccine this past Thursday. Everything has been fine, the ACOG & Infant Risk is saying the benefits outweighs the risks and reccomminding to get it.

1 Like

My family isnā€™t getting it at all. Not nearly enough research done on it.

1 Like

The one being given in my country (eu) is pfizer and moderna, both contraindicated in pregnant women, breastfeeding women, and those thinking of conceiving. So check with your health professionals as it varies according to vaccine.

1 Like

Last week in a biweekly covid meeting for our company we learned breast feeding mamas canā€¦ but please consult your doctor and then decide .

Itā€™s stated on the NHS website that if your pregnant, breastfeeding or trying for a baby then NOT to take the vaccine. Due to the fact that they donā€™t know how it would effect the body towards the either unborn babies or babies that are presants

The vaccine insert also constantly refers to the vaccine as a fda un-approved vaccine. No animal studies have been done.
All of us are the test subjects, this is why they have to track your medical records for the next 2 years after taking this, to see if this experimental vaccine will even work. I am not saying that it wonā€™t work but I am saying that no one, not even the scientist can tell us what to expect when it comes to possible long term side effects. Who knows, it could possible even cause death in the years to come. I guess we will have to find out by closely watching those brave / stupid enough to take the chance.

Iā€™m currently 37 weeks pregnant & I have not and will NOT get itā€¦Iā€™m almost positive I had COVID in the beginning of my preg but never went to get tested so Iā€™ll never no for sure :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

It was on the news this morning that anyone breast feeding should be able to have the vaccine x

Nope but I did get covid at 33 weeks and was hospitalized for 10 days. And still would never get that vaccine

I like how everyone is all like ā€œthereā€™s not enough studies on itā€ but are also the same people who smoke weed while pregnant

1 Like

Itā€™s not suitable in U.K. for pregnant or breastfeeding mums :pregnant_woman::breast_feeding:

They wont give it to anyone under 16. And tell pregnant women not to take it. So I would say no.

Do not get the vaccine.

6 Likes

Too many risks for me. Not getting it.

Itā€™s not approved for pregnant or breastfeeding women yet.

Pregnant and/or nursing women are not eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at this time, so itā€™s a moot point.

Iā€™ve heard of two pregnant healthcare personnel getting the vaccination. All is well

Not allowed it in the UK if pregnant or BF x

If you are ok with injecting an experimental mRNA Vax that will permanently alter your DNA and there is ZERO detoxing or recovery from any damage caused, also no way of suing the pharma company if it turns to shitā€¦sure, go ahead :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

My kid is 2yr Iā€™m still breastfeeding and I got the vaccine. If she was younger and fully dependent on my milk Iā€™d have had to thought about it more.

1 Like

Iā€™d wait a year or two before getting it not enough test have been done for the vaccine ā€¦ Just my opinion

I think you should be fine. Vaccines donā€™t pass thru breast milk.

I wouldnā€™t. Is there any real study on long term effects for growing children?

Not recommended if pregnant.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not pregnant, but I just got it yesterday and Iā€™m so sick.

I personally would not get it until I stop breastfeeding.

1 Like

It says do not take if you are pregnant.

My Ob/GYN recommended getting it but Iā€™m waiting.

Highly suggest following just the inserts over on Instagram about great vaccine information.

I found this helpful
Being a currently unemployed RN Iā€™m not considered front line however if I was eligible I would get the vaccine after baby is here. Iā€™m currently 30 wks and personally would wait until after the babe is here but would not hesitate to get it while nursing. Just my opinion

I am bf and will definitely be getting it.

I got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine. My 3 yr old still breastfeeds. The first night after my vaccine I noticed a significant drop in my supply but after a few days it came back. Iā€™m curious to see if my supply will drop again once I get my second dose. Other than that no side-effects and I hope everyone gets the vaccine! Just know it could be a possibility to have a drop in your supply so I would have a pumped supply ready just in case. My daughter is older so that wasnā€™t really a concern for me and I just kept letting her try to nurse and my supply returned.

Iā€™m breastfeeding and wonā€™t get the vaccine

I think the vaccine for for drs not for the public yet

dont take the vaccine

You need to discuss this with your OB/GYN. <3

Pregnant and getting it Tuesday. Health care worker.

Do not be a Guinea pig.

1 Like

My doctor advised against it

Ask your doctor :woman_facepalming:

Seen a story on the news of a nurse that is breastfeeding and she got it. She is encouraging to get the vaccine. Itā€™s up to you if you wanna get it. Just had my baby 4 months ago and thinking of holding off on it since we donā€™t even go out :woman_shrugging:t2:

Letā€™s get medical information from Dr. Facebook!

Sent to me by a friend who is an OBGYN, pregnant, and got the vaccine. I am also breastfeeding and I got the vaccine. Getting my second dose next week!

:sweat::syringe::skull_and_crossbones: Beware. This shot has NOT been tested for safety. Human ginea pigs.

1 Like

I think itā€™s a good one to read xx

1 Like

My friend who works in healthcare, got the vaccine after she had her baby. Fearful of her newborn getting covid and of course wanting to protect her babyā€¦ not only did she get covid shortly after she also now has Bells PalsyšŸ˜”. She is having the worst time right now with so much regret. Sheā€™s honestly not even the same person. Mentally physically emotionally, you name it. I feel so bad for her but Iā€™m sure everyoneā€™s body reacts differently to it. I personally would not. I have a 5 month old and will not get it ever.

39 Likes

This isnā€™t a vaccine.

Statement by Dr. David Martin on Jan 5th 2021
ā€Letā€™s make sure we are clearā€¦ This is not a vaccine. They are using the term ā€œvaccineā€ to sneak this thing under public health exemptions. This is not a vaccine.
ā€This is mRNA packaged in a fat envelope that is delivered to a cell. It is a medical device designed to stimulate the human cell into becoming a pathogen creator. It is not a vaccine. Vaccines actually are a legally defined term under public health law; they are a legally defined term under CDC and FDA standards [1]. And the vaccine specifically has to stimulate both the immunity within the person receiving it and it also has to disrupt transmission.
And that is not what this is. They (Moderna and Pfizer) have been abundantly clear in saying that the mRNA strand that is going into the cell is not to stop the transmission, it is a treatment. But if it was discussed as a treatment, it would not get the sympathetic ear of public health authorities because then people would say, ā€œWhat other treatments are there?ā€

The use of the term vaccine is unconscionable for both the legal definition and also it is actually the sucker punch to open and free discourseā€¦ Moderna was started as a chemotherapy company for cancer, not a vaccine manufacturer for S.A.R.S.COV.2. If we said we are going to give people prophylactic chemotherapy for the cancer they donā€™t yet have, weā€™d be laughed out of the room because itā€™s a stupid idea. Thatā€™s exactly what this is. This is a mechanical device in the form of a very small package of technology that is being inserted into the human system to activate the cell to become a pathogen manufacturing site.

And I refuse to stipulate in any conversations that this is in fact a vaccine issue. The only reason why the term is being used is to abuse the 1905 Jacobson case that has been misrepresented since it was written. And if we were honest with this, we would actually call it what it is: it is a chemical pathogen device that is actually meant to unleash a chemical pathogen production action within a cell. It is a medical device, not a drug because it meets the CDRH definition of a device. It is not a living system, it is not a biologic system, it is a physical technology ā€“ it happens to just come in the size of a molecular package.

So, we need to be really clear on making sure we donā€™t fall for their game. Because their game is if we talk about it as a vaccine then we are going to get into a vaccine conversation but this is not, by their own admission, a vaccine. As a result it must be clear to everyone listening that we will not fall for this failed definition just like we will not fall for their industrial chemical definition of health. Both of them are functionally flawed and are an implicit violation of the legal construct that is being exploited. I get frustrated when I hear activists and lawyers say, ā€œwe are going to fight the vaccineā€. If you stipulate itā€™s a vaccine youā€™ve already lost the battle. Itā€™s not a vaccine. It is made to make you sick.ā€

1 Like

Nope. Vaccine was made too fast for covid19. When you have diabetes, HIV, etc that have been needing a vaccine for years.

I thought it was advised not to get it if pregnant as they hadnā€™t carried out any research on what it could do???

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lifesitenews.com/mobile/news/pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine-not-safe-for-pregnant-or-breastfeeding-mums-potential-danger-for-fertility

My Nurse Practitioner friend posted this areticle and she has a 4 month old and did not get the vaccine after her pediatrician suggested holding off.

Be your own advocate.

Research.

They excluded pregnant women (and maybe breastfeeding too?) from the trials.

Moms who are pregnant ARE the experiment.

And the vaccine companies have written their own rules that say they are not to be held accountable if something bad happens.

Free from liability.

Not to mention that this has never been studied over a long period of time genetic MRNA code in it. Does it change the stability of regular human genetic code somehow? Who knows?

3 Likes

I will never get that vaccine

please dontā€¦ but thats my opinion

Kristen Johnson read these comments

I personally wouldnā€™t

Iā€™m not getting it fullstop.

2 Likes

Im 3 weeks in and very much alive and kicking not climbing walls or seeking blood like a zombie. Had a sore arm im also not pregnant or breastfeeding. I am front center with aerosols as my oral surgeon works. So I took it as a precaution and to try before my parents so I was the trial. And to prevent bringing it home to my kids. Its a damned if u do or donā€™t thing.

Im nearly 5 months pregnant and Im going to wait, its too new for me

I personally would wait they havenā€™t done much study on birth defects and breastfeeding effects itā€™s still new. I donā€™t believe the doctors even know for sure what the outcome would be. At least wait till after the babyā€™s born cuz if you have any side effects you could always give the baby bottles of formula and heā€™d still be safe

5 Likes

Donā€™t do it anything u take in baby takes in. Weā€™re not sure how good this vaccine is all I hear is people dying or having facial paralysis and imagine the unknownā€¦donā€™t risk your life and your babies. If you feel you must just wait till you know for a fact people are not dying as they are now when they get it.

12 Likes

Breastfeeding mothers should not take the vaccine. pregnant people can take it but only the mRNA vaccine.

I would talk with your ob and pediatrician. Depending on your provider the recommendations are different

1 Like

NP I work with is breastfeeding and got the vaccine to help get her kiddo the antibodies as well ā€¦

1 Like

Talk to your doctor. Pregnant and breastfeeding woman CAN get the vaccine, but should be something you discuss with your provider first.

The OB board is supporting moms either way from what I heard from a preg doctor.

I was told by my doctor not to take it and Iā€™m breastfeeding

It said if your pregnant or breastfeeding to not get the vaccine they are not sure what it will cause or do.

Pregnant women canā€™t get the vaccine.

I wouldnā€™t get it. Too newā€¦ too many unknowns.

My sister breast feeds she did and no issues.

I do know some pregnant woman who weighed their options and got it.

You asked for advise if you should or shouldnā€™t receive a vaccine on Facebook, some people will say get it others will say donā€™t, if you want medical advice ask medical practitioners not random people on social media, otherwise all youā€™re doing is causing a debate instead of getting the answer you really wantā€¦debates are healthy and itā€™s all just a matter of personal opinion, but itā€™s not what you really wantā€¦is it?

2 Likes

This is a joke right? If youā€™re concerned for your baby then DONT get it. Unless you want you AND your baby to be lab rats!!! :woman_facepalming:t2:

Please donā€™t. Just wait. Do quarantine if youā€™re worried. But refuse vaccine until you are :100: confident in a decision.

3 Likes

Be careful, a few ppl already died after taking the vaccine within 2 weeks. Dont do it yet.

2 Likes

I work in healthcare, currently as an Environmental Services Aideā€¦ and my union sent me an email a few weeks ago stating thatā€¦ ā€œpregnant women, children 16 and under, those with auto immune disorders or weakened immune systems should NOT get the Covid-19 Vaccine.ā€ So I guess not :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

With no studies proving whether or not itā€™s safe while pregnant or while nursing, my doctor advised against it.

I work in the medical field and will not be getting it. There is not enough positive study around it. I have also heard many drs tell their patients do not get it if you plan on getting pregnant or are currently. Many drs are refusing it as well.

Nursing mom, not getting it. Wouldnā€™t get it while pregnant either. (Wonā€™t be getting it at all, actually)
They havenā€™t done any study to test the safety of pregnant women. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

16 Likes

I did get it and not only am I breastfeeding my baby, Iā€™m pumping a cup for my toddler to drink too. No side affects for any of us so far and I feel good knowing Iā€™m possibly providing them with immunity as well.- This is all scary with little known about any of it. But I feel like this the best educated decision I can make for me and my family.:woman_shrugging:t3:

22 Likes

Donā€™t get your information from FB. Speak to your doctor who will have science to support his answer. Iā€™m not saying a doctor will tell you to get the vaccine but they are more qualified to answer your question than people on FB.

5 Likes

My obgyn told me not to get it if you are planning to become pregnant or you are pregnant or nursing. He highly recommended not to get it

5 Likes

There hasnā€™t been enough testing so this makes me nervous. Iā€™m pregnant and due with baby in feb. I wont be getting it.

Im pregnant and was refused the vaccine. I was told to wait until after I delivered. Iā€™ve also had Covid so im not sure if that makes a difference.

It was advised to not get pregnant or breastfeed if you receive the vaccine because it hasnā€™t been studied for pregnant/nursing women. I highly suggest you read the complete pamphlet, speak your dr and make an informed decision

If there was more information on it and tests done, I probably would, but since there isnā€™t, Iā€™m personally not getting it

When you sign up (at least in our county) pregnant or breast feeding is a specific question they ask on the form. Seems like a question to ask your doctor, no need to get it you could prolly just call.

I wouldnā€™t get it period as you said not many studies have been done for it at all in any regard

You are discouraged from getting it not enough information on those groups of people

Pregnant and not taking it and wonā€™t take it even after they donā€™t know enough about it

I wouldnā€™t take it bc the vaccine is Not approved for ppl under 18ā€¦

Iā€™m not pregnant or nursing but still refuse to get the vaccine. I donā€™t even get the flu shot :woman_shrugging:t3: