If you co-sleep, how do you make time for your SO?

Any parents cosleep? How do you make time with you SO in the bedroom when baby sleeps in your bed for naps and night time?

13 Likes

Go have sex on the couch , if youā€™re really looking for options theyā€™re all over . You just have to work for it

4 Likes

We live with my mil so when she goes to run an errand we ask if our daughter can go too cause she just loves her nana so much. :joy::joy: Or when shes napping thereā€™s the shower. When nanas out of town the living room. :grimacing: An other times we just wait till she falls asleep. Put her in her own bed and let her come back n stay when she wakes up in the night.

Put the baby in its own bed. Cosleeping does not help the child.

17 Likes

Bathroom, kitchen, couch. Anywhere really. As long as you keep the intimacy alive it doesnā€™t matter where you guys do it. I co sleep with my son, husband ends up on the couch at night so when I put him down I make sure to go to the livingroom and spend time with him even if nothing happens

1 Like

Are comments turned off

Just move to the bottom of bed obviously when baby asleepā€¦sneak out the bed at nap times :grin:Itā€™s hard but even without co sleeping itā€™s not easy with kids x It certainly helps if both of you are happy with the co sleeping and the fact your asking shows things are goodā€‹:heartbeat:good luck lol

Children need to be independent, managing to sleep in own bed,
Otherwise your starting something thatā€™s hard to change, no problem if not started in the first place.
Learn to say no ASAP, or it will be horrifying through childhood. (psychological answer)

11 Likes

People STOP preaching they didnā€™t ask your opinion on co-sleeping so keep it moving.

14 Likes

Intimacy and sex are so important. Find time to snuggle or dance or whatever gives you that time. Create a safe place for bubs to play. They can totally be awake whilst you do the deed - maybe a playpen

1 Like

Thereā€™s plenty of places you can have sex be adventurous lolā€¦ On the sofaā€¦ Against a tableā€¦ Bent over a chairā€¦ Use your imagination :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Sounds like NOT co sleeping is tha answer to tha problem tho so?? Id say KEEP preaching! Children belong in their OWN beds.

11 Likes

I put him in his crib while mommy and daddy have time then get him out when he wakes up (usually 2 hours in his crib is all he likes right now). But naps mine is never in the bed alone. But theres a whole lot of other places to get freaky :rofl: (unless you have 6 kids like me :woman_facepalming:)

We cosleep and our kid is 3. Granted, we donā€™t have much of an option as we live in a one bedroom kitchenette. Yā€™all wanna shame me for it? You can eat an entire dick. Thanks :slight_smile:

14 Likes

We co-sleep (baby is in a cot in the same room) she canā€™t see us and we are quiet when we need to be.
Otherwise we just do it anywhere we want in the house while sheā€™s sleeping.

Bedsharing doesnā€™t happen in my house

Do some of you woman realise that you complain when a man only responds to one part of the message and not the whole lot you all carry on? & yet you have just done this to her when she asked about sex not co sleeping

2 Likes

We use the guest room

Hit all the other rooms in the house. Living room, kitchen, laundry room ect. Or move the baby for a few.

1 Like

These people are rude. If cosleeping works for you and your family so be itā€¦ It definitely works for mine especially with my post partum anxiety and nighttime feedingsā€¦ Iā€™m part of a cosleeping group on fb but not sure if i can post links or advertise other groups??

Put them in a crib? You know the safe thing to do?

3 Likes

Iā€™m both sides of the fence when it comes to co-sleeping. With my two older children I didnā€™t co-sleep. Do they harass me all hours of the night? No. Ok, when itā€™s storming they do. Not often. My youngest I co-slept with because I was breastfeeding. It was easier. He hops into my bed every night. No matter how many times we put him back in his bed, or cuddle on his bed with him. So see my feels here? Everyone has their opinion. Thatā€™s not what sheā€™s asking here.

Her question was: how to stay intimate with her man because her crotch demon wonā€™t leave her bed.

One: You have a whole house. Use it. Get creative. It not only keeps you intimate, it keeps that spark alive.

Two: Get a crib or playpen, put the child in thereā€¦preferably in a different room, then get your freak on.

Three: Get a babysitter, leave the houseā€¦get creative?

Im worried about the amount of people saying child donā€™t belong to stay at sleep time with their mother. All mothers on nature sleep with their baby to keep them safe and donā€™t being eaten. We are animals and our kids have animal instincts. You Are the same mothers donā€™t like breastfeeding to donā€™t ruin your boobs or make the baby sleep longer, the same ones Photoshop your babies to look nicer, or leave the babies with the Nanny to do your nails. Connecte the baby to your phone so the baby can let you aloneā€¦ lazy mothers.
You canā€™t say a baby belong to their room/bed
Is like say the baby donā€™t belong to you! Of course eventually are going to leaveā€¦

9 Likes

We do it on the couch lol

Very creatively!Sex doesnā€™t always have to happen in the bedroom :grin: You could try putting a portable crib in your room and put the baby down in that until youā€™re done doing the deed and then move him back in bed with you,baby swing works to.

Being creativeā€¦ šŸ’

I always Co-sleep
We just ā€œhad funā€ in other rooms of the house .

1 Like

#1 ignore the holier than thou Moms. They are the worstā€¦
Cosleeping was our thing tooā€¦4 kidsā€¦
Our adventures have taken us from the laundry room to the garageā€¦
Get creative :wink:

2 Likes

With other peopleā€™s help. If youā€™re always sleeping with the baby even during naps then youā€™re going to have to get help to make time. That said, you should spend time with your significant other while baby is awake, too. Talk, watch something you and Significant Other want to watch, play with the baby together. You have to wait until baby is unconscious in order to have sex, but baby doesnā€™t have to be asleep in order for you and your Significant Other to be intimate and just remember that you both exist and not just the baby.

You donā€™t. This is your life now. Godspeed :joy:

32 Likes

Sometimes we will turn on a movie for our daughter and have a quickie :joy:

7 Likes

Donā€™t see how you could unless you were in another room

2 Likes

Um so far we dont. Itā€™s highly disappointing :sob:

We just donā€™t. Maybe once a month when sheā€™s at grandma and grandpas for the night.

3 Likes

In the living room floor :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

You leave the room and find a different room to have that time.
Shower, laundry room, or during the day while the kids are playing.

1 Like

you fuck in the laundry room in the bathroom the kitchen the living room the floor

Put them in their own room in a crib and problem solved

23 Likes

We go to another room or the bathroom only when heā€™s asleep. Our master bathroom is huge so thereā€™s no problen there.

Move the baby to another room after they fall asleep or you go somewhere else? :crazy_face:

1 Like

Couch lolā€¦ you find other places to do it

1 Like

Distract with a movie or shower togetherā€¦ be creative lol

1 Like

Co-sleeping and bed-sharing are totally different. Co-sleeping is having baby/child sleeping in your room in their own bed. Bed-sharing is when you share you bed with baby/child.

3 Likes

You utilize other rooms for that. I let my son fall asleep and then I ninja roll away. It took some practice at first but now my husband and I have the entire evening to ourselves.

Our son sleeps on his own now, but for 7 months he slept with us and he would take naps in his pac n play and thats when we would do it :joy::joy::joy: if you want it badly enough trust me youā€™ll find the time lol

1 Like

My daughter sleeps against the wall on the side of her daddy and Iā€™m on the outside of the bed and the baby is in his crib

Leave baby in the swing temporarily. Put baby in the pack and play temporarily.

1 Like

You have to have sex during other times of the day and in new places. Canā€™t just be at night and in the bedroom. Boring anyways!

3 Likes

I use the floor lol or the bathroom but he owns the bed

Shower, couch, kitchen, bathroom sink, bedroom floor. You need to make the time when and where you can.

22 Likes

Um we dont often but im pregnant again so we did lol dont need to do it in the bedroomā€¦ Can do it in shower, living room. Spice it up quickly lol but also remember babies are only so small for so long. I have a life time of sex with my husband to look forward to. First few year are tough but well worth it.

You got a whole house to put to useā€¦ like come on having the babies made this shit way more fun up in this house :tipping_hand_woman::grin::raised_hands:

Move the baby over lol.

12 Likes

Any chance you get during sleepy time lol

There are so many other places inside and outside your home to do things with your S/O utilize them folks. Makes it fun :grin:

1 Like

The living room, bathroom, laundry room, hallwayā€¦ if you want it bad enough momma, you will get it :heart: plus doing it in random places it exciting lol

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a whole house just awaiting for some adventure :wink::wink:

2 Likes

Shower, couch, kitchen.
But try to put baby in crib once baby is in a dead sleep.

1 Like

Solution, donā€™t allow your children to sleep in your bed and youā€™ll never have a issue with them sleeping in thereā€™s

21 Likes

My baby is 9 months and wont fall asleep unless she is on me/my bed. However I can easily move her to her crib/bed which is what I do. She wakes up after about 2 or 3 hours, but if its night time I can quickly get her back to sleep and after about 20 minutes can move her back to her bed.

Ya donā€™t, Its the perfect form of contraception! :joy: The one night my youngest daughter slept in her crib made her baby brother! :roll_eyes::joy: Just make use of nap times elsewhereā€¦ Or hubby looks like having a date with pam and her five sisters :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

We did this! And itā€™s helped so much.

10 Likes

Do it in the shower lol :laughing: thatā€™s basically our only alone time together and it always has to be when the kid is asleep for the night :weary:

Thatā€™s why we donā€™t co sleep. Itā€™s our us time. We have 5 kids

7 Likes

we co-slept until they fell asleep and then we put them in their beds so that we would have our time together.

As far as sexy time with having kids in the house you learn how to become creative and do it whenever you can.

2 Likes

We find the laundry room is fun. Haha bathroom, living room :fire::wink: Back yard if your brave. explore mama.:joy::thinking:

2 Likes

I never co sleptā€¦ I have 5 kids, they were always with me during day and they had a bed/ a room all set upā€¦ I like my space and me time. So they were always in a routine and went to bed by 730.

5 Likes

Pop outta bed and fuck in the hallway

We cosleep not just Iā€¦ so we make time for each otherā€¦ not me just making time for himā€¦ itā€™s his damn kid too in our bed!

All you folks about posting about co-sleeping itā€™s like the number one rule of being a mama as hard as it is you going to be the same ones 6 or 7 years from now saying how do I get my seven-year-old out of my bed

8 Likes

I wish I had advice. I have been bed sharing since day 1 and have never had this issue. I guess you just need to find your window and go for it.

Not everyone has an empty enough house to fuck everywhere, and anyone enjoying sex on a counter or floor or standingā€¦ just wait. That shit isnā€™t fun forever. lol #OwMyBack
Anyway, I canā€™t help. My babies sleep in a pack n play next to the bed until they are sleeping enough to move to their own room. Good luck.

Dont cosleep. Itā€™s not healthy for the baby. Dangerous

7 Likes

I refuse to have kids in MY bed. I did it with my first child, never again. Itā€™s the only space that is mine and my bfs. I have 4 children. Once they sleep through the night which it varied on when that happened but then itā€™s off to their own room. My 1 year old currently sleeps in my room in his crib because he still doesnt sleep solidly. So that leaves my bed free, but there are other places that are used just because.

3 Likes

Yall must have some tiny ass beds. Husband sleeps on bed too as I cosleep. We always spooning. With the baby taking up most of the bed. The dogs even have room on the bed too. But dont cosleep.that often, only when Iā€™m dog ass tired & baby keeps fussing

Who says you gotta have sex in the bed.

8 Likes

Kitchen, living room, walk in closet, laundry room, bathroom, another room!!

2 Likes

We pop her in her cot it buys us an hour or so :joy: sometimes it only buys us like 10 mins but we take our chances :joy: xx

1 Like

No co sleep = always time for my SO = happier less stressed mama

2 Likes

Where a will there away. Mine kids slept with me until she was ready for her bed.

1 Like

Literally anywhere your child isnt lol

2 Likes

Our daughter will be 4 in April and weā€™re expecting our second baby beginning of May and we still periodically cosleep with our first. We still have sex often throughout the week but it isnā€™t always in our bed lol the spare bedroom, couch, bathroom, pretty well anywhere that is out of sight from our daughter and the windows lol

1 Like

Parent of 30 yrs, We never co slept, the baby was in a bassinet/crib in our room until they slept through the night, then moved to thier room. Itā€™s just this Old school parenting belief .Mom and Dadā€™s room is a kid free zone

8 Likes

Lol we donā€™t have time. Tried in the shower but milk went everywhere lol

3 Likes

We have co slept for 2+ and we just have sex everywhere else or do it in the bed when sheā€™s downstairs watching tv. The kitchen table is fun and the couch is a good option.

1 Like

Have sex in other places
Like the unused room the kids should be sleeping in lol. All mine have co-slept and we are finally moving into the kids room YAY
SO NO MORE KIDS IN MY BED until the older ones decide they might need to sleep with us. Itā€™s getting less and less

Yes I co-slept with my kids but I always had something next to the bed or in the room for the baby so I can have quality time with my husband.

Both kids now sleep in their own beds even when they have nightmares.

I dont see how you have time with your spouse after working all day if your kids are in bed with you. I couldnt imagine not having my 2 hours of cuddle Netflix time

3 Likes

This is also a life saver :pray:

3 Likes

Pop him into his cot with a couple toys and the mobile going if you have one :ok_hand:t3: should give you about 15 mins hahaha

Put your kid in itā€™s own bed :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

ā€¦you could, I dunno, put the baby in their own freaking bed??

10 Likes

Kinda like when you were living with your parents!

2 Likes

The floor :joy: the shower.

2 Likes

Some of you are fucking skunts and it shows.

Nope. They sleep in there beds. Our bed our time. :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

8 Likes

We have a 2 year old, the shower is our domain :joy: or after she falls asleep in our bed we just move her to her own bed and get a good hour to ourselves!!

2 Likes

We did it other placesā€¦ and sometimes we would get him to sleep and then move him to his bouncer or something and then we would use the bed. Theres lots of ways to work around it. We coslept for from when my son was about 8 months till almost 8 years

1 Like

Different areas of the house

1 Like

Luckily Iā€™m a single mom :joy::joy::joy: all three of mine sleep with me every night. Yes they have their own beds. No they wonā€™t sleep them. So I enjoy bedtime with my babies around me.

5 Likes

Eveywhere else when kiddos are knocked out in the bed :smirk::joy:

4 Likes