I'm living a lice nightmare, help!

I had lice when I was in first grade. I had hair to my butt and very thick. My moms final choice after her very impatient 6 year old cried with every swipe of that comb and yes it was metal. She cut my hair I cried but looking back it was probably her only decision that made sense to get rid if the lice.

Color her hair. That’s how I got rid of lice for good. You can do her natural color or some other chemical service. Hope this helps.

1.cut her hair.
2. Treat everything with lice spray including your carpets, furniture, vehicle and if she has a carseat that too.
3.cover her mattress in a zip up waterproof mattress cover and get the same for her pillows.
4. Bag up any and all stuffed or cloth toys for at least 2 weeks.
5.Treat her once a week for like 4 Weeks.

1 Like

Mayo works and cover head with plastic bag for about an hour and pick hair with lice comb. White vinegar works well too. Do the same thing as with mayo but, may need to condition as well. Vinegar seems to work really well.

Tea tree oil !!! It will kill them put it in her shampoo and conditioner and wash her hair. It will help get rid of it. And put some in a spray bottle with water and spray everything down vigorously

Blow dry her hair on high into a towel, they can’t take the heat and will fall out of her hair onto the towel. Put them in a cup of rubbing alcohol and they die. Do it daily for at least a week and it will get rid of them all. You will still have to pull the dead eggs out but it works!

Mayo in the hair and high temp dry on all blankets, pillows and stuffed animals, and spray all the couches and stuff down…leave mayo in for a few hours, then comb threw it…my sister had lice every week from daycare as a kid and this was our routine.

I went through this exact same thing about 4 years ago with my 7 year old daughter. I was desperate, I bought every over the counter treatment out there and tried every remedy people would give me. Out of everything I tried I finally found something that worked, Tea Tree Oil. Buy the pure tea tree oil add it to a spray bottle with water and use it on her hair also add drops of it to your shampoos and conditioner. If she’s had them for a long time you should also have the entire family use this mix on a daily basis until you get rid of the problem. You will need to keep combing her hair out daily to get the dead lice out of her hair and the tea tree oil will also kill the eggs.
Also use the mix to spray all of your bedding, your couches, your rugs, anything that’s fabric. Replace her combs, her ties regularly. It took me like 2 weeks to finally get rid of the problem.
I now buy my daughter the tea tree oil shampoo and have her use it on a regular basis for prevention.

Bag EVERYTHING that can’t go in the dryer. Then use fairy tales treatment. We had used every chemical treatment out there and ended up paying $200 for a lady to come treat the house and child and thats the product she used

Cut her hair. It’s the only way unfortunately but it’ll grow back. Have her sit next to the tub and have her lean her head back over the tub. Drench her hair in rubbing alcohol, being very careful not to get it in her eyes. Have her hold a towel against her forehead while putting a towel under her hair and wrap her hair up tightly. Leave it wrapped for 2 hours in a well ventilated room. Rinse her hair, don’t wash and do the same thing with vinegar, wrap for 2 hours. Wash her hair as usual. Repeat again every 4 days until they’re gone. Keep washing all bedding with hot water and use flee powder on carpets. This was the only way I was able to get rid of them.

I called nit pickers and they came to the house and did everyone’s head for a small fortune but they guarantee it to be gone as long as you wash all clothes bedding car seats etc… bag stuffed animals and all that other stuff people already mentioned

1 Like

I HATE lice! So sorry your dealing with it. I tried everything as well. Rinse hair with apple cider vinegar, coat in mayo and let sit as long as possible. Worked ok. I mix oils in shampoo and conditioner to keep them away. But this stuff, Licefreee spray,… wow! This worked for us.

My step mom used to go through mine and clip the eggs off with nail clippers. Just the strands that had them. And then obv lice shampoo, coconut shampoo, mayo, cola. We did everything :sweat_smile: she usually had em gone in a weekend.

Don’t forget the car! I bought cheap conditioner. Would wash their hair every singke night and put a LOAD of conditioner in their hair and just comb, rinse the comb and repeat every single day until gone.

1 Like

A few years ago I had to use a straightener on my daughter’s hair a few days in a row to kill all nits. Good luck. That’s a nightmare.

3 Likes

When we were having this problem a couple of years ago, I got listening mouthwash (store brand works fine) and completely saturated my kids hair in it. Put on a shower cap and let it sit for about an hour, washed that out and rinsed with white vinegar water. It killed everything and I added tea tree oil to the shampoo and conditioner and they never came back! Also diatomaceous earth on the mattress and carpets might help.

See if you have a lice clinic in your area. It’s a little costly, but worth it bc they get rid of it guaranteed. We had issues getting rid of my daughter’s a few years back. We kept doing treatments and combing for hours thinking we got it all and it kept coming back. One heat treatment at a clinic and it was gone and haven’t had it since.

My kids had lice once. Everything went in the dryer. I put coconut oil and tea tree oil in their hair. I would blow dry their hair to slow the lice down and then I used this electric lice comb I got from cvs. We only had lice for like 2 days. I dont like bugs.

Buy a steamer and steam all the bed and stuffed animals all the clothes. It’s most likely coming back from a sleep over, friends house, family you are visiting. Someone your child is in close contact with has it and until you stop contact it’s not gonna go away. I stopped taking my kid to a babysitter because they didn’t do everything needed to get rid of it in their home. The adults all had it and didn’t treat it.

You’ve got to make sure to treat every single piece of cloth in that house. Throw all the stuffed animals in the dryer on high heat. Treat every single person in the house wether you think you need to or not. My daughter got lice as soon as she started school. I started putting tea tree oil in all our shampoo to help keep them away.

1 Like

I would start by cutting her hair to a manageable length. When my daughter would get them I would use the treatment, comb through and pick out everything and then use a straightener and straighten her hair (picking out missed stuff as I went). Doctor told me not to use the treatment to much or the lice would start to build an immunity to it; so in between treatments I would do apple cider vinegar treatments and brush through and pick out stuff I missed and then straighten the hair again. As said above you have to do bedding, pillows, stuffed animals, brushes, furniture and carpets all in the first day of treatment or they are going to hang around. You can also do hair dye as well. Good luck.

I dealt with this a few years ago. Made my daughter sit through 2 lice kit combing and poured alcohol on her head a few times. After researching more, I got coconut oil from the cooking section which is like Vaseline… rub all over her head and leave. It will suffocate them. They were dead and gone. It does leave hair oily but it’s ok! Just use baking soda for a little bit to cutout the oil

Take her out of the home to treat her… Someone needs to treat her hair out of the home while you stay home and clean everything. She can’t get a haircut until there gone unless you do it :wink:. That is all. But you have to treat every piece of cloth or fabric, carpet in your home !!!

Girl! Family of long haired females. My mom worked in the hospital and brought home lice often. Smother her head in mayonnaise and wrap it in a wet, hot as tolerated towel. That will hatch any eggs and hydrate her hair. THEN wash with an insane amount of lice shampoo starting at the roots

Mayo but what worked best/quickest when I was a kid my grandma soaked my hair in karacine oil let sit wrapped in grocery sack for 30 mins. Itched sting like crazy while it was wrapped but killed them

My daughter had the same issue. We did rubbing alcohol with a shower cap for 45 minutes. Then we did regular mayonnaise overnight with a shower cap. Then when she woke up we used blue dawn dish detergent. For aftercare we started a tea tree oil in water spray in her styling routine to keep the little boogers away

That Nix Ultra was the only thing that killed it when my daughters got it. Their hair was so gross for about a week and really greasy. We had to use Dawn dish soap for a few days but it killed them good!

Take all bedding including blankets stuffies put them in a garbage bag tie it up tight put them in the sunlight 4 a cpl days or run ur dryer on hot & put them in there 4 an hr supposedly the heat kills lice & I know u won’t like this but u will probably wind up having 2 cut her hair not right off but maybe 2 her shoulders good luck

You have to treat your house.
Everything. Bedding, pillows, clothes, stuffed animals. Go on a dark bag. Tie it closed. Put outside in the heat for a few days.

Basically bomb your house. You can buy them on Amazon or at Walmart. Follow directions on the box. It’s a flea/bedbug/lice bomb. You set these little cans in the middle of your room. With cupboards/drawers open. Windows/doors closed. Ac/heat off. Trigger the bombs. And then leave for a few hours. (All pets must be out of the home too.)

Treat hair daily for a few weeks. Comb and hand pick through her hair.
Make a leave in spray with tea tree oil.
Blow dry hair after treatment. Comb through again.

Don’t give up momma!
I remember when I was little I had that crap for months!!! I missed so much school. It was horrible. But you will get through this!

I have put tea tree oil and my shampoo that smells bad but after your hair dries you don’t smell it for the last 20 years my kids never got head lice and you need to shampoo your carpet spray your furniture bag up all the stuff the animals dry everything he kills them use a blow dryer cut the hair

I dont know how old your daughter is but… Hair Dye kills those suckers! Dye hair wash blow dry and comb every day. Lice spary for funiture. Make sure you bag up all stuff animals for a few. Also mayo smoother her hair in mayo over nigh and wrap it.

Mayonnaise in the hair and then cover the best u can with plastic wrap…check everyone in the house….wash all the bedding & pillows…several drops tea tree oil in the shampoo for a while & vacuum everything including your car!!! Have had several run ins with lice no fun at all!!! I hope this suggests will help…oh and the last thing someone told me about but I haven’t tried yet is the yellow listerine massaged into the hair down to the scalp and leave on as long as she can stand it & then rinse it out…and put all stuffed animals in a garbage bag and put in the garage or somewhere for at least a month!

You also need to buy the lice spray and spray all the mattresses curtains anything that you are not washing! Bag all toys for at least a week. And for the nits left in hair you can buy cheap grainy face wash like the apricot kind put it on her hair and comb out and the grit pulls all nits out

My girls had it bad too and nothing was helping. I formulate skin care so I tried a few formulas. The lice today are superbugs! After I killed the adults and eggs with a hair mask I made, I made a spray that prevents them. They use the spray like a daily detangler. I’m not a huge business but everyone that has used those products continues to order. They haven’t had lice for 4 years now. We also have a tick problem where we live. The ticks have landed on us but have not bit us for 2 years. I can’t promise it will work for everyone. I do have yet to hear the opposite.

We just dealt with lice on my 6yo daughter’s head. The rest of us were clear. I think we caught it early because I only found 4 adult lice, but there were plenty of nits. We used the Nix kit that comes with a spray for furniture and mattresses. I washed and dried every stuffy and blanket in the house. Got an extra bottle of aerosol lice and bed bug killer and treated everything again. We just did the second treatment 10 days after the first and I didn’t see a single nit or louse. I must have done an okay job combing through her head with the nit comb. The Nix product seemed to work well for us but it makes her hair really greasy. If you haven’t tried that product you might want to, and to get the spray (Walgreens has it) for furniture and mattress.

I have this issue with my own hair. My kids bring them home, one treatment and they’re free but then it takes me weeks before I’m free. I soak my hair in white vinegar and rinse it out, then I use dog shampoo, leave it til my hair dries then comb the crap out of it. Then wash normally. Takes me three days if doing this, but I have very long and very very thick hair. Not expensive dog shampoo either, get the cheapest, nastiest tea tree one. Always works for me.

Doctor Needs to prescribe Natroba. It kills it in their hair. Still need to check their hair. But combing them all out, you will not habe to do. Yes bag everything for a week. Wash and dry as much as you can .

When I was a kid I had lice BAD! My mom washed my hair with the lice, flea and tic dog shampoo. Then she put the medicine in and tied my hair up in a Walmart sac to help kill them off with heat and suffocation. Get a plastic cover for the bed ,if the mattress has lice get a plastic cover that encases the whole thing and put it in the sun for a while. You can wrap your furniture in saran wrap too, to suffocate them. Bag up all soft surfaces that you can and put them outside or in a garage. Lice don’t live that long without a human if they have no where to go. Basically anything you can wrap in plastic and heat up really hot is gonna be your best bet. For your car, park it in the sun on a really hot day and turn the heat up as high as it’ll go and just let it run for a while. They’ll get hot and die. I would say once you get them out of hair and the car you can bug bomb your house too :black_heart:

My daughter kept it she has very thick hair her little friends kept bringing it over that’s why I couldn’t get rid of it! I put a stop 2 them coming over end of the luce situation! Not had it since!

I had the same issue with my daughter as well and I even would cut her hair short and I refuse to do that anymore. Lice free works well it smells like black licorice and I got the one that said super lice on it and the comb that comes with it pulls the nits out too. I remember when I used the comb I would see so much white stuff on it and I was like omg those are nits. I haven’t had a problem since and it’s been over a year now and my daughter hair is almost to her waist line. Good luck

Shave the bottom half. Contact anyone she’s been around- she could be getting them over and over from someone she is close too. Who is treating your hair? Who is assisting you? When I was a kid I had this same problem an my mom shaved the bottom half of my thick ass hair off an mannnn I loved it! Not only did it make it easier to maintain but it assisted GREATLY in getting rid of the head lice! You could also try putting straight tea tree oil in her hair. Let it sit for 35/45 min before rinsing. Comb while it’s in her hair it make it’s easier to slide the lice bugs an nits out. Good luck girl!

Look up lice center near you. They usually have an oil that kills on contact. I’ve used that the last few times the kids had it. Works amazing. Tea tree oil in her shampoo and conditioner. Mix tea tree oil in with coconut oil and let it sit over night. Combine. Wash with TTO shampoo and conditioner. Blow dry. Straighten (the heat will kill eggs). Repeat! Get a nice heavy duty lice comb. And comb frequently. 6 girls and we’ve had to do it on all of them before plus their brother

Vinger leave vinger in all day comb through then put conditioner in leave through the night and wash comb and a hair dryer kills them too repeat if needed

1 Like

You may need to cut her hair. What worked for my daughter was Mayo and vinegar… lather up her head with Mayo… this will suffocate them. Then pour vinegar on her head and comb out the dead lice

Try tree tea oil!!! It’s worked! I know it might smell awful but worth at the end! For maybe 30mintues to an hour, then wash again and again. That’s it then put little tree tea oil in the water spray bottle and spray her hair once a weekly! It’s work miracle

I mixed a water bottle with lavender and tea tree oil. It really worked rid our family of this perpetual nightmare. Would spray my own hair and my child’s. I also would smother his hair with thick conditioner regular to suffocate them, doing this regular until I thought the cycle died

Maybe talk to your doctor about Invermectin. It’s an oral medicine for lice, and helps when other treatments aren’t working. I knew nothing about it until my sister told me about her doctor giving it to my niece because combing was doing nothing for her hair. Make sure you spray everything down with lice spray that can’t be washed though, like her furniture, mattress, carpet, your car, etc, and wash all her clothes and bedding and whatever else you can with hot water, and run it through the dryer twice. Whatever can’t be washed like stuffed animals and such, spray them down, and bag them up for at least a week. Hope this may help!

Does she have any stuff animals? Those need to go into a bag for a week. Do you vaccum the furniture? Lice is always going around at school. I swear by tea tree oil shampoo. You can get it at Sally’ Beauty Supply or just buy some tea tree oil and put a few drops in her shampoo. I didn’t read all of your post. Does she go to daycare or a sitter? Do her hair every day with gel and hairspray. It helps. All 4 of my kids never got lice ! My brothers who are way younger than me. Got lice all the time. My mom never did their hair

You need to put your pillows in the dryer for like an hour and iron your furniture with a hot iron and your bed any stuffed animals you need to get rid of those put them in a garbage bag for about 2 months you have to really clean the room not just wash the bedding you have to clean everything stuffed animals curtains all the clothes that are out

Mayo in hair with bag. We usually do an hour. Wash the hair our shampoo only. Comb the hair it will allow the eggs and bugs to just fall out due to the hair being so oily make sure to do small sections at a time. Once finished was hair out with any type of bottled beer. This will remove all the oil. Then shampoo and conditioner to remove beer smell. This is how we beat it a few years ago. I was doing one child’s head for 6 hours non stop.

A few years ago, my kids got lice and my best friend had it. She has super thick, really long hair that mats up really easily. I went and bought two jars of Hellman’s mayonnaise. I dumped an entire jar on my best friend’s head. Made sure I got it through all of her hair, put a grocery bag over it and tied it. She sat for 30 minutes and we washed it out, followed by her regular drug store shampoo. The bugs and eggs were falling out dead as we were washing it out. Using the mayo, it was a LOT easier to pull the lice comb through her hair too. I did the same thing to my 3 boys. It works like a CHARM. I’ve never used anything else since, and the boys have gotten it twice since, from school.

Cut her hair immediately, always treat outside in bright light…throw away all stuffed animals, brushes, hair ties, anything that comes in contact with hair, including YOUR things…easier to replace then keep dealing…spray furniture n bag everything else for at least two weeks, and get the prescription stuff if you can…best of luck.

cut her hair, i had long thick hair when i had lice as a kid and my mom cut it and when the lice was gone i went to a professional to fix it up

Okay so I used this on my daughter and it killed all bugs and eggs and we never needed a 2nd treatment. 1 cup of extra Virgin olive oil and 10 drops of eucalyptus oil. Drench her hair and wrap it up (I used a grocery bag) it has to sit in her hair for an hour. Then rinse it all out.

The way I’ve always gotten rid of it at least since I was a teenager is I dye my hair. I have thick hair and it takes me forever with lice treatment to kill them all and then hours upon hours to comb through my hair. I started dying my hair instead and it gets rid of everything. Like once my hair is dyed there is no trace of lice in my hair. I even do it with my kids now. Then we clean everything! And once we got rid of it we use tea tree oil in our shampoos or there’s special shampoo to keep them away. The thing that sucks the most is the cleaner your hair is the more likely you get lice. If u have greasy hair for some reason lice don’t like it and they won’t stay…

Cut her hair and put Vaseline in her hair let sit for 15 to 20 minutes…it suffocates lice and gets the eggs to come out easier…comb with lice comb…worked for me as a kid…and we had it bad…it is actually only thing that worked…will make hair greasy looking for a bit…only use shampoo no conditioner tho for baths/showers

Mix up a batch of tea tree oil and water and spray down your whole house. couch, pillows bed, stuffies, everything. I put a few drops in our shampoo and conditioner as a preventative. Wash everything you can. treat all the family with the lice treatment.

When i was infested back when i was young my grandmother cut my long thick hair into a pixie and worked kerosene thru. They either jumped ship(my head) or stayed and shriveled. Either way i was shocked but relieved.

My niece had the same thing happen to her about 2 years ago. And her hair was past her but as well. We had tried everything just like you as well. We had to cut her hair up to her sholders i suggust doing that and then abother treatment and putting her hair up for about 2 weeks everyday. That what we did. And she hasnt had lice since.

The thing that worked for my daughter was to coat her hair in cream rinse (cheapest you could find) and comb through her hair with the lice comb that came in the lice shampoo package. The lice couldn’t hold on with the greasy cream rinse. Took several days but worked!!

I tried so many things for my daughter and she had thick curly hair past her butt…. Eventually to make it less traumatic for her I cut her hair to shoulder length and then I used fairy tales lice treatment and followed up with their lice leave in conditioner spray daily for a month… we still use the fairy tales repel shampoo and conditioner especially during the school year when they’re more prone to get it. Hang in there it’s a nightmare but eventually they will all be gone if you keep doing what you’re doing

Every thing in the house has to be treated. All stuffed animals and everything. Tie them all shut in a pillow case and put them on high for at least 30 min. All blankets, pillows etc… Also, your vehicle can be a host. Clothes also need to go directly in the washer or the re-infect everything when taken off and put in hampers or on floors.

Might be someone she’s sees daily that isnt being treated for them? That happened to me when I was young and I just kept getting them because a girl in my
Class wasn’t being treated

Treat EVERYONE’S hair including yours. Bag everything. Vacuum and spray your car including pulling the seat belts all the way out. Invest in tea tree oil and mix it with warm water in a spray bottle. Once you’ve treated the hair spray it with the oil everyday for 2 weeks. It’s exhausting. I still have nightmares from the last time. Good luck.

Lice is the worse… don’t pick out the lice/bugs in living room or bedrooms…do it in the tub so whatever falls out doesn’t spread more! The medicine doesn’t work. I used the lice comb…comb hair over tub or sink and then clean it out. Even after being clear of bugs. For at least a month…brush hair with lice comb over sink/tub to make sure non hacked to start the process over again…

I kept getting it from a friend in middle school and the absolute only thing that worked was soaking my hair in listerine original for ab 1-2 hours then putting coconut oil all in my hair & we sat there every day for 3 days and pulled every single bug & knit out strand by strand. It was a pain but after that & putting tea tree oil in my shampoo I never had any more problems.

My daughter had it and after weeks of struggling and thinking it was gone it was never gone. My boys would be good and then back again. I finally forked over the money and brought her to a lice clinic and it was the best thing I ever did. Washed and dried everything we could and garbage bagged the rest. I used essential oils and the fairy tale lice stuff on myself. Never got it. Good luck

We had this problem with our girls to long hair and thick the kids hated it but put the med in like normal every 2 weeks and comb through in between when they showered I would condition there hair and brush through with the conditioner and lice comb and the eggs would come off but we did this every day and it wasn’t so pain ful made it easier for them to handle and put tee tree oil in there hair it took a little bit but we got it all

There are lice centers you can go to and they’ll go through her hair and remove everything. If you choose that service but I did for my niece and within that week she got better drastically.

I feel your pain. I have 3 girls of my own, who are finally out of elementary school, which helped so much. Now I have a 8 year old little girl and of course in elementary, now the problem begins again. Its a horrible routine, especially when you work your butt off and then have to do it again. We use apple cider vinegar and coconut oil. Goodnluck

Real Mayonnaise!
Lather & soak hair in Mayo. Leave it in her hair, wrap a plastic bag around her head and tie it so it doesn’t come off, leave it wrapped up with Mayo allll day for like 10-12 hours then rinse it out. Wash everything and anything that can be washed in the washing machine in HOT water. Get the lice spray that they have for mattresses and furniture, strip and spray everything! Pillows, rugs, Stuffed animals, dolls etc.
A few days later get RID lice shampoo and do a treatment in her hair.

What finally got rid of them in my daughters thick, dark hair was to use lice treatment but also to put a head lamp on your head and beam the light on their head and pick out the nits one by one. Do this every day until you are sure there are no more nits. It’s time consuming but it’s what finally got rid of them for good.

You can also use hair color developer on her hair… Leave it on for a while then comb out with a lice comb…
Wash all her bedding and pillows with hot water and tumble dry…

You need to use the real live killing products, I’d shampoo her then comb her hair everyday for a week, change all sheets and blankets then repeat the shampoo and start combing every couple of days until they are gone

Have you tried the cetaphil treatment.? Look online. My child has hair down to her butt and very curly and thick. It worked. I was outside in the sun picking knits out because the sun reflected on them. No hair cuts because she said everyone would know. Then use a vinegar rinse.

Do you have a lice salon where you live? We had one and my daughter only caught lice once you literally do not need to wash anything lice CAN NOT survive off the head! It starts to die after 2 hours and is completely dead after 12 hrs. It does not jump and is ONLY transferred from head to head contact you need to comb her hair literally strand for strand with a metal lice comb after every few combs wipe it with a paper towel or tap it on a paper towel that’s on the table. Strand for strand every day for a week then every other day for a week then like once a week but it should be gone by then. My daughter has extremely long hair as well I had her wash her hair sit on the floor in front of me and watch a movie while I combed! We went to a lice salon at first and they told me all of this information. I also have her use a tea tree shampoo during the school year because lice hates the mint smell. Good luck momma but please read up on it before you over work yourself trying to clean

I was to the point with my daughter I was going to shave her head. Takes patience. I wash in nothing but hot water. She was 10 when it broke out in school. I combed threw her hair everyday with a lice comb.

Smother her head in Vaseline, over night. It’ll kill them and you’ll just have to pick them out. I used vinegar as well. Put everything in trash bags for at least a month. I also started putting tea tree oil in my girls spray bottle and used it every morning before school.

Mayo and a walmart bag wrapped around her hair then it’s just combing it out❤

Once you have gotten rid of them…. Wash your daughters hair on Sunday afternoon. Next morning when you put her up spray her hair with a good quality hairspray- I used the laquor…. Don’t wash until Wednesday night and follow the process each week. They can’t / want stick to her hair…. Good luck. PM if you need more information

Tree tea shampoo they hate it !! My mom an i had super thick long hair an it worked great

From a struggle we had a few years ago, it’s stinks, but I had to cut my daughters hair, to neck length and did the treatments all over again. There are also lice repellent that are leave in. The fine comb helps right after the shampoo, but you’ve got to get in there with your hands, sit her under sunlight, and start at the bottom and ear section, that’s where the blood flow is. Reach out to me if you need.

For her hair put mayonnaise in, bag over it and leave it in overnight, bag all stuff animals and other stuff that can’t be washed and dried on high heat in dryer

This is a weird thing but….straiten her hair with a hot straitener. Only had lice once in my life- none of the treatments worked because my hair is thick, curly and coarse. I couldn’t get a lice comb through and I was miserable (my mom even tried mayonnaise in my hair) so as a last ditch effort before cutting my hair I straitened it for a few days in a row to kinda say goodbye to the length….I’ve never had them since.

I tried literally everything and the only thing that worked was manually taking them out and the eggs too. You need to cut her hair shorter, sadly with waist length hair you’re probably not seeing them all.

The last time I got it nothing worked until I went to bed with miracle whip in my hair and a bag over it. This was 6 years ago so I was an adult. Good luck!

So I went through this in 2014. Nothing over the counter will work anymore due to lice becoming resistant to it and resistant to natural treatments. What finally rid them for us was going to a local business that specializes in killing them using heat. It’s worth every Penny. Search your area for lice treatment and don’t feel any embarrassment going. I also learned from the owner that lice cannot live off their source of food (head) for more than 24’hours. Wash linens and bag up teddy bears etc for 24’hrs.

Walmart and dollar general has a spray the helps with lice bed bugs and fleas. It stinks and very strong . When my sister got it really bad in grade school. My mind used that on things like furniture, back pack hard to was areas essentially.

Lice comb.costs about $60 but it’s worth every penny. Plus put all stuffed animals in garbage bags and don’t bring them back until lice is completely gone and wash bedding and vacuum daily should be gone. With in 2 weeks.

Years ago my kids were in daycare and kept getting it. They all had super long hair. Our doctors office suggested mayonnaise. Cover their head thoroughly with mayonnaise and put a shower cap on. Let sit overnight.

Dog shampoo works pretty good. My mom used it on me when I was a kid. She would also bag up any toys I had wash everything. Bomb the house and leave for the weekend. She would also sit for hours and pull out every egg and bug from my hair.

I went through this with my daughter in first grade… insanely long thick hair and I refused to cut it… the ONLY THING THAT WORKED after trying everything…was the prescription lice treatment after I went and got the closest color I could find and dyed her hair…. Not sure if it was luck but never had an issues since…

My daughter went thru the same, same long thick hair as well, we ended up cutting alot of to shoulder length and the only thing that worked in the end was keeping coconut oil in her hair for like 2 weeks, I kept soaking her hair and combing thru it for weeks it seemed like, but ever since then she hasn’t had a problem with them, that was probably close to ten years ago lol

It sounds gross I’ve never tried it but cover her hair and mayonnaise and let it sit overnight it will suffocate them

The original (brown bottle) Listerine. Soak her head & let off like 5 lice/flea bombs in your house.
Freeze all stuffed animals & wash all your bedding. Whatever you can’t get to right away, put in big black garbage bags, spray inside with lice spray & tie tight to suffocate, then wash.
Then retreat her head again. Then add tea tree oil to her shampoo/conditioner she uses in the shower.

I was in a situation like that when I was a kid. My dad ended up cutting all of my hair off. Wasn’t shaved but was really really short.

I put tea tree oil in my kids shampoo and make my daughter either blow dry or straighten her hair every day or every other day. Took me forever to figure it out but now we have no problems.

Never had to deal with it personally but know people who have had to but I was told to always keep a few drops of tea tree oil in ur hair brushes an shampoo just mix it in every time u get a new bottle an it help prevent getting it my girls had long thick hair an they never got it even being exposed by using hair brushes of people who had it just a idea for whn u get rid of it

Lice ice & treating your whole entire house & spraying EVERYTHING down as well, also if you have pets they need to be treated and washed as well!

We had the same problem as kids. My sister used to bring it home about once a month from the same friend. Take all teddy bears amd seal them in trash bags in the sun for at least 3 days. Wash all bedding in lice stuff. Lather her head in dawn and very little water amd wrap her head in siran wrap. If nothing else works…sallys beauty sells ammonia free hair dye. That may sound crazy!! But that’s what we did when my aunt got it while she was pregnant. If you have pets I would dawn bath them too.