I'm living a lice nightmare, help!

Soak her hair in vinegar for 15 to 20 minutes. Everyone in the house should be treated because if one has it everyone else will get it. Putt all brushes and combs is hot water. Wash all blankets and clothes and pillows in hot water then dry. Unfortunately you may have to cut her hair really short or shave it to help. I have heard some people have had no other choice but to shave there heads.

after treating your kids hair and doing all necessary things to the laundry and toys bug bomb the whole place make sure all animals are not in home and any animal food is not in sight if u have animals and than at out place after bug bomb air out place according to directions

Only thing that worked for us was me dying my daughter’s hair…she kept getting it weekly and weekly and weekly for months and the lice treatment was breaking her out terribly. Dyed her hair and combed it out while it was wet they never came back. Then bought lice free prevention spray and I douse her hair and backpack/coat in it when she goes to school. Haven’t had an issue in roughly three years now

When my daughters went through this and we kept doing treatment after treatment prescribed by the pediatrician finally we resorted to cutting all hair off and starting over. Come to find out that the lice had laid eggs directly on the scalp and due to them having so much hair it wasn’t being grabbed or touched by the medicine and that’s how they kept coming back. Once we did that it was over with and we got completely rid of them. I have four daughters and they were in elementary school at the time and my oldest was in 2nd grade it was a hard transition. But they made through it and we were able to defeat the lice

They sell these electric hair comb things that have a vaccum attached so you comb through their hair and it sucks up bugs, eggs, dandruff… anything that’s in hair

The time before the most recent time I had lice I thought it was one of my sensory things of feeling like something was crawling on me… no I’d had undiagnosed lice for about a month
We tried to treat and everything but nothing worked besides that comb and my head was sooo bad…

This most recent time I went and bleached my hair… well I went and lost about half of my hair rinsing the bleach out… so be careful with that

Gwinette county ga has a Lice dr . It’s two moms. Google this . You may need to cut her hair ,my 10yr old granddaughter had same trouble in kindergarten, also do not wash her hair every night ,so every other day , also use moose or hair spray around lining of hair . But mayo does work , also

Some lice are resistant to topical use… in severe cases you may need an antibiotic called Bactrim. it kills them!

You may have to bomb your house multiple time my dog had fleas and they took over my house while I was working I had to bomb and bathe it’s work but consistency should help

We have a place available to go to and also has a guarentee. Also my 3 kids hair was past their butts we had to cut it because of lice but it made it so much easier. Especially for one of them who has thick curly hair but maybe check and see if there is a place available to get treated it is well worth it

Honestly the only thing that ever worked on us growing up and my kids now, is Adam’s Flea Spray from dogs and cats. Just make sure you do it outside and have them hold a towel over their face while spraying around the edges of their hairline. Then once you have their hair completely wet with it, then through it in a blah or loose bun and then put a shower cap on their hair or a plastic bag (if you don’t have anything else to use). Let it sit for at least 5 to 6 hours (or even overnignt if they are pretty bad). Then you can wash their hair and then you need to go through and pick out any lice eggs. Also, put all their sheets, blankets and pillows in the dryer on the highest heat to kill any lice. You can also get the adams flea spray for your house as well that works really good. It’s the only thing I’ve ever found that not only actually kills the lice but also it’s eggs too. Good luck mama!!

Salt all over any carpet and furniture nothing can live in salt and vinegar and dog shampoo in hair…they also have some dry shampoo for your hair…I have been there a few times…u r in my prayers

Mayo! Put it on the scalp. In the hair every where. It sufficaties them and the oil makes it so them have a hard time holding on to the hair. Maybe even get a bed bug spray for the house to kill the ones crawling around. Vacuum and wash everything. Leave the mayo on over night with a shower cap and wash as many times as it takes to get clean.

Mayo?
Take all your bedding and pillows and wrap them in trash bags for about 8 ish days.
Or u can put in the dryer for a good while.
Spray bed down with the lice prevention spray.
Tea tree oil inside the shampoo and conditioner help a lot. They hate the smell.
Keeping hair short is best
Shampoo hair every 7-12 days… thats when usually new ones are hatched.
Keep hair up, braided tightly…

My kids were younger, we went through this once or twice. It’s a pain.

Could dye her hair? Lice don’t like hair dye. Just get a colour exactly like her natural and the lice won’t be able to hold on so I’ve heard… I don’t know if it’s true, but if it’s that bad and you can’t get rid of it, try dyeing her hair and putting garbage bags on pillows, and I think you can get mattress sheets to protect against headlice and bed bugs from Walmart I think? And any and all clothing put in dryer, the heat kills them.

1 Like

Smoother her hair in mayo leave it for at least 12 hours and then after you wash it out drench in in apple cider vinegar and leave it for at least 3 hrs wash and lice comb.

1 Like

Maybe shave the back of her head where it’s not noticeable? But my mom always used the green rubbing alcohol from the store and put that in are hair and it always worked for us!!

When I was a kid and had gotten it a couple times from school my mom put peanut butter in my hair and let it sit for a little bit then washed it out and it would get rid of them

It’s probably not what you want to hear but cutting her hair might be the best thing to help if it’s really that long and thick… :confused:

My friend’s daughter went through this. We tried everything, except cutting her long hair. She ended up putting coconut oil on her hair to suffocate them, washed and then reapplied a little bit everyday to make sure they couldn’t reattach. Her hair looked kinda greasy but it was better than having bugs.

For myself when I got it from my nieces, I did rubbing alcohol and shampoo in a bottle together (equal parts) and put it on. Let it sit for a few minutes while showering but also being careful not to get it in my eyes, and then washed it out and used conditioner. Only thing that worked for me and I have thick hair and a lot of it. It’ll be a bit for challenging with a kid but could help if you can get them to keep their head back with it soaks in her hair. Mayo made my hair gross and the otc stuff never worked.

I used mayonnaise. My daughters had long thick hair as well. Douse the hair with it before bed. Put a plastic bag over it an have her sleep in it. She will complain but it will work. Next day shampoo. But you have to go through her hair over and over. They do get tired of it but if you don’t get EVERY bit you will have to do it again and again until you get them all. It’s a long process. But if you want to see and end to it you have to do it right.

When i was a kid it sucked but my gramma would cover my head in mayo and wrap Saran Wrap and I’d sit there for like I don’t know and I were watching TV. And then we would rinse it I think and then should comb my hair. It might smell funny but it worked and made our hair super soft. I’m sure you didn’t like it better instructions on Google. Just an idea that helps with us. We also had the bed spray and put bedding we werent using in garbage bags for a while and the pillows we used we would put in the dryer. Idk just ideas… but if her hair is long you will probably have trouble getting them all.

When my daughter was younger and had it, our pediatrician called in “sklice”. You can find a coupon online so it cost us like 40$ but it’s a one time time use with no need to comb. It worked wonders. You may need 2 bottles.due to how thick and long your daughters hair is.

Everyonr likely has it and should be treated. You need to comb and nit pick everything out if you miss 1 its back. Everything in the house thats washable in trash bags and outside until it can be washed 1 load at a time on high heat wash and high heat dry. Spray/vacuum/wipe anything that is not washable.
Recheck heads daily for 2 weeks. Good luck.
My daughter who is now 20 got then 3 times in a school year. I decided to start checking her head every day. She come in from school and id check her hair. That way if she had anything I only needed to treat her and he imnediate belongings.

Use dog flea and tick shampoo. It was the only thing that worked for me when I was growing up

This will sound strange but after you manage to get rid of them I have foung the best thing to do is wash her hair with Pantene, my son used to get them all the time but being a boy I just shaved his head. But my ain’t told me with the silicone on Pantene the lice have a hard time holding on to the hair and he hasn’t had them since

Mayonnaise under a shower cap for 30 to 40 minutes suffocates the live ones and makes it easier to comb out the nits. Still wash with a lice shampoo in hot water. After using a lice come on her wet hair, blow dry. Lice hate heat. My daughter also had very thick hair down past her butt. This did the trick for me. All the bedding, jacket and clothes washed in hot water then put in a dryer. Any stuffed animals ties up in a garbage bag for a couple of weeks. There is also a spray you can use for bedding that you can find at Rite Aid.

I’m sorry if this is repetitive, you need to treat the car as well, all the furniture and everything she sits or lays on, clothes need to go straight to the washing machine after wearing.

Cover the entire head with Mayo and wrap up for an entire day. Might smell bad but it works great! Good luck.

I’m not sure how often you repeat the treatments. I know they normally say after 7 days but after countless times dealing with it I found out it really should be after 3 days because then it cuts into their cycle and kills them. My daughter had long hair but I found shorter hair was easier. I’m not sure where your from but lice squad had helpful tips. You can probably google it as well. I feel your pain it’s so hard to deal with and is tiring for kids and parents.

Black trash bags for at least 7 days on couch, mattress… anything cloth. After treating hair, and washing it…keep hairspray on it. Lice likes clean, slick hair.
Good luck

1 Like

I’ve been in the same boat and I tried alcohol just out of the blue because I was tires of it and it actually kills them and helps get nits out but does burn a little so have a fan blowing

First thick long hair is hard to fully treat successfully… I know y’all prolly dread the idea but the best bet would cut her hair off(no I don’t mean completely bald) just up to shoulders. Then try rid lice treatment, some people believe mayo and a bag over their head helps suffocate the bugs and make it easy to remove the eggs… then wash, disinfectant and wash Everything through out the house. After u get rid of the pesty varmints go buy some green tree oil and add to regular shampoo, they hate the smell and won’t attach., Best of luck to u both

Put mayonnaise in her hair like the whole jar in her hair. Let it staying overnight. This worked for us when were kids. My sister has thick curly hair and nothing would work but mayonnaise did. Fhelice can’t breathe it

Soak everyone’s hair in olive oil. Section hair. Use the lice comb and every time you pull the comb through wipe it on paper towels. Put the paper towels in garbage bags and throw away immediately. Wash the hair in dish soap and let dry. Wash all bed linens in hot water. Then that night before bed soak everyone’s hair in olive oil again and wrap the head in plastic wrap overnight. The olive oil over night smothers the bugs and eggs. You may have to do this whole process twice! Good luck!! I have been there :roll_eyes:

My dad put kerosene in my head when I was in 4th grade . Never had them again. My cousin puts Mayo in her kids hair

1 Like

I went through hell trying to get rid of lice in my daughters hair. It’s supper fine and blonde so seeing the nits was impossible. We live in Phoenix, AZ so no freeze to help kill them off and they all seem to be super bugs immune to otc treatment. I finally broke down and called in mobile specialized help. I was pissed at first that she just dumped olive oil on our heads and combed it all out. But it worked!!! Trick to it was to leave it on for 8+ hours to smother any live ones left then Reapply and comb out a second time 2 days later and leave on for 8+ hours again that way if any nits remained they were killed on the second treatment. She also told me about tea tree oil. Couple of drops in a new bottle of shampoo it would help keep it from happening again. Haven’t had a reoccurrence since.

Fairy tale works. Use the spray, and shampoo. Also bag all stuff animals and anything you can’t wash. Tie up in trash bags. And put away.

put all stuffed animals in plastic bag, thoughroughly vacuum everything thing was and dry every bit of bed clothing and and clothing, it takes alot, wash and dry pillows as well, and treat everyone in your home whether they have it or not. I know it sounds like alot and needs to be done all in same day, but it does help

Mayo overnight and a 50/50mix of water and vinegar after you wash the mayo out. They mayo will kill them an the vinegar water dissolve the eggs/nits also add a few drops of tea tree oil to your shampoo

My friend had the same problem and her Dr finally put the whole family on Bactrim. I guess the lice do not like the taste of that particular antibiotic in you system.

Use vegetable oil!
It smothers them.
Make sure all her hair is slathered with oil. Use the lice comb through her hair while oil is in it.
Rinse with Dawn dish soap. Do this a couple times throughout the week until no more nits or bugs. Wash all linens, put all stuffed animals in trash bags and make sure they are tightly sealed for up to 4 weeks. Keep product (hair spray, gel, moose) in her hair. Lice don’t like dirty hair.

Honestly the best is baby oil in the hair for over 8 hours because luce can hold their breath that long. Then spray furniture down with the rid spray, bag up all toys and bedding to suffocate them and wash what you can. After the hair sets use one of the lice combs and they should slide out easily. It sucks to do it but that’s what I found to work. Good luck :heart:

After you wash her hair condition it and use that lice comb the metal ones are the best then after you rinse it use a blow dryer daily and of course pic out The nits. But lice cant live in hair your constantly combing through and make everyone in the house do it too daily . it will go away

MAYO!!! We used cheap mayo, doused her hair, saran wrapped it, and made her for 4 hours…then rinsed and used not comb. Didn’t shampoo it until the next day! And wash everything in hot water and dry on high heat

I made a simple spray of tea tree oil and water and my girls spray their hair every day with it, haven’t had lice for ages so once you’ve got it under control maybe try doing that every day to keep them at bay. They hate the smell and stay away… Good luck :crossed_fingers:

I had to cut my daughters hip length hair to shoulder length. And mixed vinegar, dawn, shampoo, and conditioner to her hair. Kept spraying her hair with vinegar when I was combing it. And I wash her hair with fairytales shampoo and conditioner before she has sleepovers and spray her hair with repelling spray each morning when she goes to daycare/school

Sounds crazy but use a 2 liter of coke. Pour over her dry hair… get the scalp. Let it dry in her hair (over night) and rinse in the morning after it is dry!! It can cause dandruff but the acid eats the lice and the eggs.

As a kid whenever we would get lice my mom would crisco our hair wrap in a grocery bag or shower cap and sleep with it on. Next day was wash out with dawn dish soap and comb through with a fine tooth comb. And then tea tree oil treatment. Dark trash bags and dryer for everything you can.

I know you’ll hate this as much as I did but it definitely WORKS! Mayonnaise.
Coat her entire head from scalp to the tip of her hair in Mayo and wrap it up good over night with a shower cap and put lots of towels down to protect the pillow & bedding. (Mayo smothers them and they die).

In the morning wash her hair really well with blue dawn dish soap (blue dawn also kills fleas on pets).
It definitely works. Hang in there momma. Remember this too shall pass. You’re doing a great job.

Really really thick conditioner, leave in overnight. Repeat every three days for two weeks. Do the same with washing. The life cycle is every 3 days. NOTHING kills nits.Toss all hair products and pillows. Plastic on furniture. Bag up everything that cant be washed for at least a month. Cut hair as short as is tolerable. Source: RID website and experience

Look to see if there’s a company that will get rid of them. My cousin had that same problem, no matter what she did they wouldn’t go away and she’s a very clean person. She went to a place that guaranteed they would get rid of them out of her daughter’s hair and it worked. It was kind of pricey but worth it.

Saturate hair in real mayonnaise!!! It works & kills the eggs as well!!! And it conditions your hair at the same time. Sleep with mayonnaise in hair over night, make sure to have a shower cap on or something to cover while sleeping. Shampoo & conditioner after. Works like a charm

Treat everything for a couple weeks.
See if you have any lice treatment places in your area.

My daughter had this same issue. We had to cut her hair short, and gave her an undercut. I also got them so I just shaved my head.

My current situation. The 7yr old sits nicely and understands the severity. The 6yr old is autistic, wildly afraid of getting his head shaved and its a nightmare and the 5yr old got his head buzzed so at least thats 1 down. My situation however they’re picking it up at visitation w their father. I feel like I can’t win. Idk wtd. The answer is clear, stop letting them go there butttt how do I do that?:woman_facepalming: feeling your pain momma

Life free spray. Spray it to the point it’s dripping out of her hair and bag it and leave it on over night. Then wash it out in the morning. Also use tea tree oil once you get it out. I made a spray with leave in conditioner Argan oil coconut oil and tea tree oil and hot water I put in my daughters hair every morning and we haven’t had an issue with them since.

After treating it with lice treatment .You can put hair grease in her hair for about 10 days. It may look unappealing but the lice won’t be able to lay the eggs on the strands. That’s why black folks don’t get head lice. Wash everything in hot water and boil water in the stove to shampoo your carpets.

Make sure you wash all stuffed animals also and put in a plastic bag for at least 2 weeks. Also, blow dry her hair after shampooing. Those little buggers don’t like heat. Everything I washed and treated was put into plastic bags and I left them for a month. Clothes, bedding and towels. Hope this works for you. Good luck❤

My sister had this issue when we were young and my parents would wash her hair in kerosene to get rid of them.

1 Like

So, my sister brought lice and we ended up having it for a pretty good while till my mom finally got rid of alot of our cloth toys and washed bedding treated everything then sat and made us wait till our hair was picked through piece by piece to remove all eggs and bugs it was hell and took days of rechecking and splitting hair in sections till it was done it was uncomfortable but we were a little older I was in 7th grade she was in 3rd

Recently for my daughter I coated her hair completely with coconut oil and put a shower cap on her head and had her sleep in it. The coconut oil disintegrates the eggs and suffocates the adults and then use the lice stuff and comb through. Like I got her lice resistant shampoo and conditioner. Red and white bottles. From Amazon

Conditioner. Lots and lots of conditioner. It suffocates them, lather a full bottle if not more all over her hair focussing on the roots and leave it on overnight, comb the hair in the morning & after wash the conditioner out. Repeat as many times as necessary - always worked for us & way cheaper than buying lice treatment x

My philosophy is that if one person has it, everyone else may have it, too! Treat everyone in the house, not just your daughter! It sucks because it’s a lot of work but it must be done! Everyone’s bedding, etc! Take no shortcuts! It will end!

My daughters all had waist* length hair and they got lice one summer and nothing I was doing could get rid of it. I ended up cutting their hair. Cried while I did too. After all that and nearly 500 dollars wasted on different treatments it turned out that it was some of their friends that they had regular contact with and that was the reason they kept being reinfested. Section out her hair if you treated it again and go by small sections starting at the back. Bag up EVERY THING. Vacuum every thing, including the mattresses and couches. If you can get your hands on a spray for lice id spray the couches and her mattress too. If you have any pets, give them a bath. When she goes to friends houses or school tie her hair up and put tea tree oil in her condition. Lice hate tea tree oil. We also use a lot of products with lavender and havent had any issues either anymore. I guess they dont like lavender either.

I used to help my neighbors out when their kids would get it, which was allllll the damn time. Treat it with your preferred method & then hand pick AND then comb. Tiny sections at a time under a bright light with magnifying glasses. It’s tedious, yes, but imho the best way in order to salvage the hair. Lice in this day and age are “super lice” and a lot of crap that used to work when we were kids no longer kills them as effectively. They can live without blood for 2 weeks. Vacuum the beds on all sides- bag up everything plush and not in immediate need, put it in a garage or closet & forget about it for a month. Run brushes & hair accessories through the dishwasher. Dry bedding and clothes on high heat. Use carpet powder on carpets before vacuuming thoroughly. There’s no need to spend a bunch of money- basically rinse and repeat. Lice prefer clean heads over dirty- so don’t wash hair everyday, instead wash maybe 3x a week with peppermint and tea tree shampoo and conditioner…. These are all things I’ve learned through my 15 years as a professional nanny. Good luck!!

Thee only thing that worked for my daughter was using the flat iron. Her hair was thicker then anyone could imagine so cutting it wasn’t an option.

A friend lived with me and the only thing that worked Let apple cider vinegar dry completely in her hair. Then wash it. Wash everything with a soft surface lysol everything else. Wash everything in apple cider vinegar. Let her hair dry again with the apple cider vinegar. Add some of the apple cider vinegar in her shampoo or conditioner. The longer it sits in her hair the better. The smell kills suffocates them.

Mayonnaise her hair and put a bag over it for an hour. The comb out. Works. Dr gave these instructions.

The old timers treated it with kerosene. My daughter has really tight curls down to her waist and repeatedly got lice at school. After 2 months, we still couldn’t get rid of it but we didn’t want to cut her hair. My great grandma said “We didn’t have lice shampoo in my day. We used kerosene.” Sure enough. It worked on the first try. Killed eggs and everything. And they never came back.

I did cooking oil in my daughter hair, wrapped it in plastic wrap and had the blow dryer on low heat for about 30mins. Had her wash it out of her hair threw her head over the tub and started coming through it every single live bug was on the tub floor and the eggs were just falling out. It worked for us. Still had to comb through it 3times daily to be sure I got them all for about a week but we got it. Tea tree oil shampoo is all my kids used after having head lice and they’ve never gotten it again.

I had this problem as a kid and I was a magnet for lice. This will sounds crazy. Mayonnaise coat her hair I’m it put a trash badly iver it for 30 minutes and rinse they will fall out as your rinse it and what doesn’t wash out will comb right out

I would cut her hair shorter and thin it out but you also have to treat the vehicles, stuffed animals, furniture, carpet, absolutely any type of cloth you have in the house or vehicle and school. Put tea tree oil in the shampoo bottle (really a prevention but they also don’t like it) I have three sisters and we passed it to each other for years :woman_facepalming:t3::upside_down_face::upside_down_face: I literally stopped washing my hair for two months the summer between middle and high school because I was so embarrassed and just wanted to get rid of them. It worked though

Go to a lice clinic; if you have an HSA through work it’s covered. I took my niece who has lice for over a year after everything was tried they rid them!

So coming from a mama that was a hairdresser AND has dealt with this on my daughter multiple times in the past… this was my magical routine that helped…
First of all, you will HAVE TO DO MULTIPLE TREATMENTS, over the next 2-3 weeks, depending how bad the current lice situation is.
I used the shampoo and then blow dried, then used the spray & leave in stuff… I drenched her hair in it and left it on over night with a shower cap… in the morning, I would use a blow dryer if it wasn’t all the way dry.
And then I sectioned it off and used a flat iron on it, in small sections, and on atleast 350°… flat iron small sections and go down hair shafts slowly, also getting as close to the scalp as possible… the heat kills what was not suffocated by leave in treatment… also, as you flat iron sections, you should be able to pick out all the nits that are on the hair… THOSE ARE KEY TO ENDING LICE.
I also would repeat shampoo and leave in treatments every 5-7 days for about 2-3 weeks- depending how bad it was from the start.

When I was in elementary school my cousins had it really so I got it and me and 1 of my cousins had very thick long hair so my mom coated our hair in mayo and put a bag on our head for at least 10mins maybe longer and pretty much all the lice stuck to the bag and the eggs were way easier to comb out with the lice comb… I also saw online I wish I remember what it was called but its like a vacuum for head lice it kinda just sucks them out including the eggs…

Get a Straightener if you don’t have one and use that as you use it it kills the eggs off and the bugs run to the cold part of the head and you can pick the live bugs out and kill the eggs. This Seriously works just don’t leave it on so long you burn your kids hair. Definitely repeat for a few days :raised_hands:

I’d get one of the professional nitpickers to do it, I believe they charge by the hour usually, and depending on stages found, will have to do it twice at minimum.
I’ve heard mayonnaise kills them also.

We hired people to take the lice out. It took hours but it was worth it. Then you have to make sure to smother with olive oil. We would put it on the hair at night and cover with with a shower cap and wash it out in the morning.

I just went through this! It’s aweful… Mix vegetable oil and mouthwash in a spray bottle and make her sleep in it (I used a shower cap) then comb it out and then rinse it comb again and I done it on my daughter every other 2days for a week and my daughter is clear of lice… With school starting I told her I was gonna do it every weekend

Baby oil lots and lots of baby oil. Saturate hair with it. While oil is still in hair get a metal lice comb and comb the hell out of it. My daughter has cork screw curls and that’s the only way I was able to get rid of the lice. When I say saturate I mean dripping with oil.

You’re going to need to spray the house with a mixture of vinegar, dawn dish soap, and water. I mean wipe everything down. You’ll need to treat her hair with tea tree oil they have shampoo with it too. Everything needs to go into bags or everything needs to be washed. Car too. If she keeps getting it then most likely someone around her still has it. It happened with my nieces at school and the school had to be treated for 3 days. I hope you get rid of it soon.

Mouthwash with alcohol in it, soak hair in it, but a shower cap on head for an hour then rinse out. Can shampoo if you want. Lysol everything you can’t wash or put in a closed trash bag for a week or two. I’m sorry, head lice are awful…

Years and years ago I ended up having to shave the under half of my daughters head, then for hrs upon hrs I sat there with nail clippers clipping any strand of hair that had a nit on it, it felt like a never ending battle!! But all of that finally worked!!

When my daughter was little she got it bad and nothing worked except washing her hair daily in the shower with a dog sprayer (small one). Then blow drying and then flat ironing. They hate heat! The flat iron will kill whatever eggs are there. I did this everyday before she went to school and at night for 2 weeks. Bagged everything in her room up in black trash bags and left it in the sun for a month. It’s alot but it works! I’m a hair stylist and was so angry and so was she.

Have your doctor prescribe spinosad most insurances will cover it. It only takes one treatment for a full infestation can follow up with a second if you need too. The medicine without Insurance is $140 a bottle. After battling it for years and losing my mind it was the only thing that worked.

LiceFReee gel is also a good option but will require more work and multiple treatments.

Omg lice is the worst! I literally got rid of everything because it kept coming back with my daughter - all sheets blankets combs pillows hair ties - all went in the garbage - maybe try tea tree oil!

My mom would poor rubbing alcohol and wrap my hair in a towel for 30 minutes and then brush it out

Baby oil works!! I know…. My girls kept getting them from school. I spent so much money on lice shampoo it’s ridiculous!! Also I told her friends parents and we all treated at the same time and that helped a lot! All stuffed animals, pillows, in a sealed garbage bag for 2 weeks and they die. Good luck I’m glad those days are far behind me.

I was in exactly the same boat but I ended up buying “lice doctors” I did my 4 kids hair roughly 2 months ago and they haven’t contracted them again yet. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

I went through it with my girls too. We used everything and still had them! Finally I got sick of the treatments not working and tried unrefined coconut oil. (My girls have really long thick hair too.) After a good comb out a couple of times within a week or two and the usual washing of everything we got rid of the little nasties.

Giver her invermite tablet along with applying lotrix lotion and then combing for some days ! It will go after this treatment as my dr prescribed for my son

Use tea tree shampoo and conditioner. 2 for £1.80 in morrisons. My daughter was always getting them, she has very long think wavy hair, but she hasn’t had them in 3 years since I started using it. X

I got treatment for my daughter then flat ironed her hair, she has long thick hair too i burn the remainder of the eggs by applying heat. Bed covers, new sheets, fleas and tick powder, bombed the room then washed everything in hot water dryer everything in heat it worked for me.

Oil suffocates them. Rub your entire scalp with it, let it sit, then take a shower with lice shampoo. My sister and I have extremely thick hair and it worked for us.

Make sure you’re picking out all nits, don’t just brush it out go strand by strand and make sure it’s all gone. Time consuming and annoying but don’t leave any behind also add some tea tree oil drops to her shampoo.

I’m not sure where you live, but in my area there is actually a business that you can go to for lice removal!

Put tea tree oil in ur shampoo and use in a regular basis gets rid of lice and prevents u from getting it…my kids use to get it every school year but not since I started doing this. Also u could treat hair with olive oil over night then use a fine tooth comb to remove any bugs or eggs its very messy though and u have to wash ur hair several times to get all the oil out…good luck dealing with lice is a nightmare

Don’t forget to bag up all stuffed animals, basically anything cloth, wash bedding in HOT water 2-3 times, vacuum everything!!! Right down to curtains, move furniture, don’t forget vehicles as well and everybody else in the house. Make sure you’re treating twice (some nits may survive- wait through the hatching period and do it all again- I did this 3 times because I was super paranoid). If all else fails…. Sorry but chop her hair, shoulder length bob is much easier to be thorough with than butt length hair, you’re probably missing some and not even realizing because of the effort you’re already required to put in with the length and thickness of her hair

You can use mayonnaise in her hair to kill them instead of all that chemicals. Boil her sheets on the stove and I KNOW this sounds crazy but put VO5 oil that comes in a tube in her hair as ur brushing it and bugs can’t stick in her hair. This may take a week. This is old school but it works