I'm living a lice nightmare, help!

Tea tree oil doesn’t get rid of it it just helps prevent it . Good luck mama I had 3 girls and dealt with it for years bc the school they went to wasn’t following protocol and sending kids home like they should have been… so it kept being passed around back and forth from child to child… it was insane the amount of money we spent on treatment and if u leave just one freaking nit they will be back ten fold seems like… It was a vicious cycle… I finally had to just shave my youngest bc she seemed to be the carrier… I felt awful and she did too but it’s what was best for her… after that I haven’t dealt with it since.

Mayo. Sounds gross but works. Then tea tree oil in hair everyday. Also put in the condioner they use and shampoo. Will help ward them off.

I’ve had the same exact problem. I went online and found www.licekiller.com …if I’m remembering right, its formulated for people in the military that even get lice but anybody can buy it and it helped mine TREMENDOUSLY.

Mayo covered with a bag or shower cap for at least 30 mins they’ll be dead. Make sure to get ALL the eggs out. Mayo suffocates them.

Try vinegar , after applying that , put a shower cap on and leave it for approx 20 minutes , then apply again then wash her hair with plenty of shampoo , repeat this twice a day for at least 3 days , that’s all we had to use in the early 40’s worked good never had the fancy stuff , good luck !!!:facepunch:t3:

Cut her hair, continue to do all these things brushing her hair daily and her siblings hair if any and brush your hair as well daily. If even a few survive, it will never end.

Buy cheap conditioner…saturate her hair in it, really really thick and put a shower cap on her at night and then wash her hair in the morning! My daughter kept getting it from daycare (my son never did) and even for prevention I did it every single night for weeks to make sure that every single egg would have had the chance to hatch and then the conditioner will smother them. It is awful and so frustrating. We bagged everything soft that we possibly could that she was in contact with in large black trash bags and put them outside in direct sunlight for days and days and then washed everything at the laundry mat. Tea tree oil works good as a repellent they say it’s the smell of it. I put several drops in a spray bottle of water and lightly misted their hair, backpacks and coats. They also make tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner or you could just put the oil drops in the shampoo and conditioner that you currently use.
Also depending on her age you could do hair color. My niece was also an unfortunate favored one of lice and was constantly getting it from her step sister, after nothing else worked my sister took advice from a friend and dyed her hair a little darker brown than it was and it did the trick. What she had finally went away and she never got them back.

Anything the lice could get into to, stuffed animals and stuff, put them in trash bags

1 Like

I put tea tree oil in my kids shampoo and use it daily its a prevention I have only had it 1 time in my house and it was short lived

Coconut oil!!! Lather her hair in oil and let it soak. Even over night. While it’s soaking get everything in the wash and change sheets ect etc etc… then comb and wash. The coconut drowns all living and also detaches all eggs so when u comb it they all come out. It’s natural and won’t harm her at all xxxx

Try looking up a lice clinic, my entire family went through it 2adults 3 kids my 2 girls have tons of hair. We tried for so long to defeat them finally we went to the clinic100$a head but if was worth it they have different options to choose from. They check the head then talk go you about the choice and let you know what they feel is the best we did the best one it includes blow dryer machine that dehydrats them to death then some oil stuff after they comb out the hair. And there gone just like that. And if they come back with in the year you get a free visit, no more visits for us thank God

I shaved my head 110% my choice I was just done I told people I donated it to locks of love so I wouldn’t be judged

I sprayed olive oil on my daughter’s hair, put a shower cap on and left it over night and most of the following day. Used the lice combs at around 6pm the next day and this did it. Kept checking her for another week to be sure but that did the trick. Also go through when hair is dry and just pinch whatever is left out with your hands, sometimes the combs won’t remove it all the way.

There is head lice professionals . They will treat the hair and comb it all out themselves . I think you have to go once a week for a couple weeks

1 Like

Tea tree oil!!! When my daughter was 13 she had it for three months she has a very thick hair that that was the only thing that worked!!

Try tea tree oil mixed with alcohol and water. Spray in dry hair and let it sit over night. Then wash with shampoo with tea tree oil. Comb through hair and repeat next day. It’s a cycle. Once you think you have all the lice out repeat the process 5 days later. I would do weekly for a month and use tea tree with shampoo every time you wash hair or at least once a week.

ANY type of oil or grease. They instantly die off. And cut any other hair off body> under arms or pubic) and moisturize whole body with a good cream or Vaseline

Cut her hair. I had the same problem when I was a kid. Cut my hair to above my shoulders and got rid of it easy after that.

We had it so bad we had to dye the hair everyone. Killed them

Cut her hair to about her shoulders and it will make a world’s difference. Even if you don’t do a great job you can’t always go to a salon and get it fixed once the lice are gone.

Cover her head in mayo for the night, wash thoroughly the morning after, and with the Luce comb for the hair. I was terrible for that as a kid, tried absolutely everything and that’s the best trick I ever found. Plus it’s not damaging the hair or scalp, and is inexpensive

I had good luck with lice free from Walmart. Homeopathic… Leave in hair per directions. Comb through w provided comb. I mean COMB Through… I would spend an hour at least combing thru getting every strand. This really worked for us. My daughter had long hair also. The school nurse was impressed!!! Good luck!

stuffed animals, clothes, bedding, carpet all need to be treated as well.

I always used mayonnaise for my daughter. Completely saturate their hair in it and wrap it in Saran Wrap. Leave it over night and wash out in the morning. All the lice will suffocate that way. Then blow dry the crap out of their hair, and use a hair straightener to straighten their hair from root to tip (it fries any remaining knits) in very thin sections. My daughter had lice so many times and it always worked! I’m sorry you are dealing with this, it is hell!

My daughter had long hair and I used the electric lice comb and then after I got rid of it all I would have her wash her hair 2 times a week with T-gel because it has charcoal in it which suffocates live bugs and repels new bugs

Unfortunately we went through this with my step daughter and ended up having to cut her hair short so it was more manageable.

1 Like

Tried alot of those things,my daughter also had long thick hair.I finally cut it short. (It grows back)

Are you bagging everything that your not washing,stuffed animals,pillows,etc.

Cut her hair shorter and thin it out, and then put miracle Whip in her hair with cap on it for 1 hour then do it agen and leave it in over night the us regular shampoo. Do this about everyday for 1 week. Rember to use lice come after each time

When my girls had this we put apple cider vintages in their shampoo. Only about 1/3 of a cup. Every time and we finally got rid of it for good!

Cut it off. A cute pixie cut. Then treat it three days in a row. It will grow back

I had long thick hair and she waa able to get rid of it. I knew a girl with short hair that was way worse off, so it doesn’t make no sense to cut it

Hellman’s
Then cover head with plastic bags like when you dye or have a perm leave on several hours them comb out and shampoo is she close to other people who have it ? Is so treat them too if you can

Coconut oil. Let sit an hour. Comb, then wash. Blow dry completely, then as an extra precaution, run a straightener through. Works every time

Blow dry her hair and put any soft toys in garbage bags for two weeks. Also tea tree shampoo.

mayo it works wonders my niece had it and she has long thick hair we did her hair around 1pm and we kept it in her hair til the next morning when she woke up then gave her a bath and they were gone we put a plastic grocery bag on her head so she wouldnt get mayo everywhere

Google the apple cider vinegar and coconut oil remedy, it definitely helps and eases the process of removal.
I hope that something out there helps you and your daughter in this situation.

unfortunately you might have to cut her hair short to get rid of most or even half of the lice that is occupying the space. Make sure you are constantly combing through her hair, it has to be twice or even three times a day if they continue to multiply the way they are at this rate. Keep her with a cap on through out the home with coconut oil to limit spread & kill, most of those over the counter medicines really don’t work to well, you just have to be on her constantly . Goodluck! its a longggg process but can be done! havent had to deal with those since i was a kid :sweat_smile:

When I was little I had it and my grandmother used kerosene. It stinks bad but it works . Saturate hair wrap a Walmart bag around it tight and leave on about 15 minutes. Wash hair really good afterward and condition the smell will stay a day a so.

Olive oil!!! Drench the hair in it and then wash it out with blue dawn. I had to call in a company for my kids and this is what they did.

Tea tree oil is the goto i used with my hair when i had a babysitting kid bring lice into my home. Get spray bottle of water, add about 8 to 10 drops. Spray it on EVERYTHING, dont worry, it will not stain. Spray, vaccume, spray again. Every day. Add teetree to laudry wash soap as well. Add teatree to shampoos and conditioners. Also doesn’t hurt to add to hair products you use. Soak brushes in bleach water, then when try, spray with teatree oil. Even use spray bottle of teatree oil in daughters hair while brushing it with lice comb. You need real teatree oil, not that concentrated stuff from walmart. Find someone or store that sells natural oils. It can be expensive (20 to 30) but it goes a long way and it works.

Only thing that worked for me was to cut it all off. Down past my butt to wayyyyyy above the ears. I’m sorry I hope you find relief soon

Coconut oil in hair for the day wrapped up with ceran wrap. Blowdry hair on hot daily, it will kill anything new. Spray everything with rubbing alcohol and vacuum daily for a couple weeks. Wrap up anything not needed in garbage bags and set outside. If it’s hot where u are everything will die in a couple days if not leave em outside for a couple weeks.

Also spray her hair daily before school with hairspray. Don’t have to be much. Get the spray for lice and spray furniture

I had it when younger from neighbours n sadly my mum cut my long hair, never been able to grow my hair back, Mum always put fly spray in n it worked wonders…
Nowadays my oldest use to get it in kindy so I would get stuff from chemist, they work good but need to wash everything in the house n vacuum

I found a system that worked super good for me and if my daughter ever gets it again I won’t even turn to lice treatment I’ll just do this!

Years ago I had custody of my exe’s niece and she constantly got them from her family. What worked amazingly for me was after combing through and picking out any live lice and nits, I’d lather her and my daughter’s hair in coconut oil and wrap it in plastic wrap, I did this overnight every night! Then I’d check their hair in the morning and usually there’d be nothing but I would still do the coconut lather overnight several nights just to be sure! I also put tea tree oil in a spray bottle with base oil and water and sprayed all over the house, and don’t forget the car seats, backpacks, etc!! And of course bed washing. I put tea tree oil drops in the shampoo, too. I vacuumed 2-3 times a day. I also sprayed the lice stuff for furniture all over. All that got rid of them very quickly, a lice infestation would be gone in a few days but I would keep that stuff up for like 5 days just to make sure!! Finally I learned to prevent lice from being in our home by checking my niece’s hair every time she came back from her family’s… I’d get any live lice out, do the coconut oil wrap overnight, and immediately washed and/or dried any clothes she had on and with her when she got back. I have long super curly hair and never got lice from her because during this I’d coconut oil my own hair and put it in a bun as a precaution.

If your daughter is getting it from school/ someone else I’d suggest cutting her hair shorter, or if that’s not an option, use tea tree oil in her hair and try to style her hair in braids or space buns etc so her hair isn’t just hanging loose. You can also spray her backpack and such with tea tree oil before school, and when she got home you could spray it with lice spray and bag it up and put it somewhere away from everything in the house. You could also have her change when she gets home and bag her clothes up or wash them immediately with whatever laundry you’re washing that day. If you haven’t already, vacuum your car and spray it as well, you can spray it before and after school or however much you need to. I hope this helps!

A dr told me this to use and it really worked put a bottle of cerave on and leave for 6 min than comb thru to get the nits out rinse it all out wait a week and do again it makes their hair so soft if long hair may have to use 2 bott les make sure its thick on the head

Get some tree tea oil… mix in a spray water bottle and mix a little in her shampoo… Spray everywhere with the tea tree oil it smells like a pine sol… but works wonders they hate it… they can hide in bedding stuffed animals rugs. Etc…

TRUST ME— Put blue magic hair grease in her and keep it in her hair for 8 days. She can shower and reapply the grease daily!!! Works problem solved

Olive oil and shower cap every night all night for minimal of 7days everyone in the house . Continue cleaning everything in the meantime . An egg laid can hatch 4-5 days later that’s why u just do oil minimum of 7 days … to smother and late bloomers

How old is she? The reason I’m asking is if she still sits in a booster or car seat don’t forget to take it out and treat it and the car seat under it.

Tea tree oil in everything! I alternated between store products and home remedies. Mayo soaked for hours to suffocate, Vaseline, or oil. Linens and any fabric that could be was put in the dryer at a high temp daily!. Spray with bleach mix in the car mattress, etc.

Listerine, (or vodka) leave on hair for one hour. Rinse. Then put Vinegar on hair for one hour. Rinse and comb. The vinegar disolves egg sacks and they will mostly wash away. Then comb through. Will not dry out hair and no harsh chemicals. Buy rid household spray and spray everything you can and leave the house for atleast an hour. Dry bed clothes as hot as possible.

When i was younger i went through the same situation my hair was so thick an long my mom spent hours on my hair. It might sound crazy but put mayo in her hair the oils will allow you to comb the nits an stuff right out.

Wash hair in apple cider vinegar then saturate hair in Coconut oil. Wrap it up with a hair cap for 8 hours. Rinse hair and then comb. Worked great and no chemicals!

Tea tree oil and Rosemary but put a shower cap and leave it on for at least 30 mins. Also cutting her hair shorter would help.

My mom always put mayonnaise in my hair and it worked gotta leave it for like an hour tho

Mayonnaise, sounds crazy by the greasy the hair they can’t stick to it.

The antibiotic called bactrum will kill them from the inside out. It’s a sulfa based antibiotic

Had this same problem with my stepdaughters. We tried tree tea oil and we bought an electric comb that would zap them as we combed though there hair. It’s sucks. I’m sorry your going though this

Olive oil ! It’s suffocates them ! Bam gone, like magic .
Slather her hair up , put a plastic bag over , leave it over night or all day .

Kids had it tryed everything i died there here with loreal there color got rid of it washed all sheets ect .

Vamousse and use about four bottles or however many it takes to fully saturate het hair

1 Like

I used my dogs flea and tick shampoo when I was a kid. It worked 🤷

Put hair conditioning onnher hair and comb through it. The lice will drop off. Do this everyday. Use a fine tooth comb

Sadly I had the same problem tried getting rid of it for
5 years!!!
Yes you read that correctly 5 DAM YEARS!!!
Finally I shaved my head into a sweet Mohawk and kept it like that for 2 more years after that, got a new everything from bed to couch to clothes and bedding, it’s literally the only thing that worked now I’m lice free, but the trauma will always be there! Good luck :crossed_fingers:

After you washed the hair rinse with strong vinegar eater. It burst the eggs

Mayonnaise. Put lots and lots of mayonnaise in her hair, cover it with a plastic bag and let it sit for 6-8 hours

Mayonnaise will suffocate them
My daughters had thick ass long AF hair and that is the only thing that did it and they ain’t had it since. That was 4 years ago.

Petroleum jelly
Put it on thick and cover her head with a cloth over night.
Wash with warm soapy water the next day.

What my mom has done since nothing was working with me, try hair die with amonia in it.

Maybe the momma needs to check with the people her daughter is hanging out with, the lice are like fleas on a dog they are shared.

Vinegar worked for us in the old days.

I got an electric zapper comb. After you treat it you comb thru the hair anytime you think about it and comb till you don’t hear them being zapped . I used it almost every day when my kids were in school , just to check them . Well worth getting .and not that expensive . Drug stores should have them.

Use a hair dryer and comb out while drying the hair…
Make sure it’s really hot…
Don’t wet the hair before drying it out…

Well when the ladies are in jail and the head lice is going around they braid their hair very tightly soak it in baby oil and the lice die leave move on they’re not there anymore

Clean all the bedding and get rid of all soft plush toys for 2 weeks

My mom has used mayo, vinegar used blow dryed straightener, a thing that you sit under a t a beauty shop it got rid of them

You need to cut the hair short, so you can manage it better. The hair will grow back.

Check to see if there are a business in your area that can remove the lice in your daughters hair. I live in Pennsylvania and there is a place called Lice Lifters.

Soak her scalp and hair in vinegar, leave it for about an hour, it kills the lice…the nits you must try to get the special fine comb meant for nits, it will help…tried and tested for my friends daughter, now she is clean of lice and nits

When my girls were younger I dyed there hair I used the same color as there own hair u couldnt even tell

Google the cetaphil treatment aka the nuvo method…it requires no combing or cleaning because it suffocates the lice.

Try using manaise. It smothers them and then you can comb through the hair and the dead ones will come right out

I had long thick hair and went through this as a kid. We had to dye my hair to kill them… hope you have luck

There is a comb for lice. Use it twice a day everyday until its gone.

Straighten it with a straightener that reaches 410 degrees every night and then go over it with a nit comb

Try mayo. Or if you have a lice clinic around. Can be pricey but they do a great job getting rid of them.

Blow dry hair from wet to dry for a week or so. Heat kills them.

Mayo. Then wash with Dawn dish soap. 1 time a week for 3 weeks. Works wonders.

Unfortunately best thing to do is to cut her hair shorter :confused:

Get your dr. To give you Kwell shampoo and for long thick hair use 1tbls

Flat iron as close to the root as you can possibly get daily, it will fry any potential live eggs.

Cover her hair w/ mayo and leave it over night then get lice comb out and get them all out of her hair

You can take her to a salon. Or my mom would make me sit with mayonnaise on head with a shower cap then pick them out

Kp24 hair lice laundry liquid. You need to wash all linen and pillow cases at the same time you nit wash everybodies hair. Make sure all new blankets and pillows are still wrapped and buy new brushes…and throw all the old ones out…(next day you haircut and thin everyone’s hair out as short as comfortably possible)… from that day on you use hair lice moose/ spray daily on hair and kp24 all linens at least once a week with regular daily laundry

Try dying her hair it truely works

Here’s what I had to do and I had two girls with thick long hair, one with it past her butt. This is an all day thing. Put all stuffed animals, throw pillows, etc through the dryer for 30 minutes. When they come out bag them in a black trash bag, they’re gonna stay there for 2 weeks. Wash and dry all bedding. Pillows that will be used in the dryer for 30 minutes on high heat. While you’re in the process of getting all this done you need to treat the hair. After that comb it with the lice comb until nothing comes comes out. Now for the fun part. Turn on a movie and sit on the couch with her in front of you on the floor and start from one side the the head and work your way over in TINY section. Pick out every. Single. Nit. Go through the hair about 3 times. This part took me around 2 hours per kid. She’s gonna hate it! She’s gonna whine but this was the only way I could get rid of them. After that I treated my house. Here’s where it was easy for me, we own a pest control company so we were able to get a good aerosol spray. Only bad part is that you have to be out of the house for three hours. Maybe you can call and get a company to come out. Maybe first thing in the morning so it’s done and you can finish the process when you can go back in but you’ll probably be up late. What we used was a commonly (for around here) flea treatment called PT Alpine flea and bed bug treatment. If your not treating the house you may not get rid of them. If you can’t do that then make sure you’re spraying with the over the counter spray. If you call someone out have all beds stripped so he/she will spray those. They may even think you’re crazy wanting a flea treatment for lice but I swear it works and they’re unlikely to turn down money.

I got some stuff off ebay actually worked called pouxit. Then every few day I wash hair and nit comb get the eggs. So far I’ve seen no living

Did u try vinegar Soak it. Leave on. Then a thick coconut cream. Thick on it wrap and leave till next day.