I'm sad that I'll miss out on everything

FaceTime with them… my cousin did 6 months with dad and 6 months with her. But that will be hard on the kids because they will have to switch schools.

Simple, move closer so that u can then be part of everything with them

4 Likes

Sounds like you already know your not wanting the responsibility of raising these precious children. With that being said and obviously them already with their dad at such a young age they’re probably better off with him and him having full custody.

15 Likes

My situation is almost identical but I’m in Louisiana and my (soon to be) ex husband is in Georgia… it’s going to be very hard and I barely see an easy day when my boys aren’t with me and I have missed out on things I wish I hadn’t but we have cameras and videos and I know it isn’t the same as actually being there but kids can surprise you with how understanding they can be. I have no answers but the one thing I can suggest is to have a good support system all situations are different please don’t let little minds try and make you feel like a bad momma you aren’t you know what’s best for your babies not any one else

2 Likes

I would never be that far away from my kids for that amount of time. If you think it’s better for them there, then I would move there.

14 Likes

I’d be moving to Texas with them for the better education

1 Like

I would have never let my kids go that far for 2 months.

3 Likes

Sorry to say sounds like your putting your self first and not your kids sounds like you want to love your life without having to worry about them right now my kids have moved woth me from wv really small school to va to a bigger school to ny to a huge school back to va and they have done just fine in all their schools so sounds like excuses to me and I can tell you small towns in ny still ain’t small schools

8 Likes

I would absolutely not be able to miss any of that. Their entire childhoods, no. They’re only little for such a short time in life, I’d do anything to be with them everyday.
If it were me, I’d move to New York, for my kids. I’d move across the world for my kids.

5 Likes

Just move to the same town or as close as possible so yall can have 50/50

2 Likes

You needed a break from your kids during Christmas!!! Seems like you’re already set on them being with him and want us to tell you it’s okay.

11 Likes

Kinda sounds like you’re giving up your kids? 2 and 3? They’re so young. They’re gonna want their mom around.

2 Likes

Move to that town if you can.

2 Likes

There’s no way I could live in a different state than my kids.

2 Likes

It seems like you already made your decision. While you needed “you” time, he continued his responsibilities as a parent and made sure the kids were taken care of. Now, you get to move closer to them, no questions asked. If you can’t afford it then pick up another job. There is always a way.

6 Likes

How will they feel without you being nearby? I’d move.

1 Like

Extremely judgemental comments on here. Leave her alone, she needed a break and she was lucky enough to get one. Don’t be jealous because you can’t and don’t gun her down because you can’t or don’t get a break.

2 Likes

I will start by saying that I am glad that you guys are able to work together to coparent but please think about your kids. I’m not sure where you live bc you didn’t specify, even though it sounds like Texas, but will say that I really hope that you live in the same state and if not, I hope that it’s close bc you don’t need to be hours away. Not sure where the could go to “school” since they’re only 2 and 3 years old and the “school district” doesn’t allow children to go to actual school until they’re at least 4 or 5 years old. Most preschools don’t have big classes but they’re private. I would highly suggest that you guys live near each other and at least split 50/50 and both be active in their lives. Good luck with everything and I hope that you guys will make the best decision for your girls. :heart:

1 Like

Look, we all need a break from our kids here and there but we also know our whole world revolves around our kids. I just don’t understand how you can let them go so far away? They are in unfamiliar territory. Their mom isn’t even there to comfort them. Who knows what dad is doing in the mean time. Honestly, I think what you have done is very selfish. If dad retaliates, you may never have contact with your kids. I guess I just don’t understand how parents can do this to their innocent children. Good luck!

4 Likes

I would keep them in Texas they have a better education system down there I wouldn’t let them go to school up there and plus dad can get them over Christmas break spring break summer break

1 Like

Move close to your children or you will most likely lose them and it just might be their Decision

2 Likes

I always say I need a break from my daughter, but then she’s gone for half a day with her dad and I’m like “bring her back here now!” Hahahahaha, honestly mom, if you think dad will be better for them than you, then let them go, if you were really worried about missing out on them, you would’ve Considered moving over there in the first place, which you didn’t even consider

3 Likes

Going on about how you would never this and you would never that. Sit down .

1 Like

I absolutely wouldn’t miss that time. Period. I would move there if that’s the best place for them.

8 Likes

No way I would allowed that ever for any reason …. Sounds like you’ve been gaslighted to believe what was done was the best , did you think that over real good or ask anyone outside the home before your babies rode off in the sunset , they are 2& 3 school isn’t for couple more years where I’m from . Have you thought what your going to do when he won’t let you see your children , and after all they won’t be missing mommy because they won’t know you and what about when Daddy gets a néw girlfriend or wife , how is it going to feel to hear your babies calling another chick mommy . GO get your babies !!!

Then move to New York . Me personally would never allow that my girls need to be with their mother or period . I would move to where they’re at just so I can be there

1 Like

I would move before I would just miss my kids lives.

5 Likes

I could never be without my 2 and 3 year olds :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

I feel like you’ll regret it in the long run. Even if you move & get your own place you will still have time to yourself. I think you would be lonely. At least I would without my kids near me. My son makes every holiday special & before him it was just blah.

You need to make the best decision for the children, and that is usually being with their mom. My daughter had class sizes of 20-25 and she did just fine. I’d also look at the curriculum of the schools. Where do NY schools fall in comparison to TX schools. And finally, no judgement, but are you really ok letting your girls grow up without their mother? As a mother, my child wouldn’t be taken 60 miles from me, let alone across the country. Good luck, and I hope you’re able to make the best decision for your girls, and education should be the least of your worries.

1 Like

It sounds to me like they are where they should be and I think deep down your completely fine with it :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

If you dont want to raise them dont be mad when a woman steps in who will.

3 Likes

I think you made up your mind and already gave up on them…is it you who’s having the midlife crisis and wanted the divorce cuz seems like you don’t want anyone around to tie you down anymore…

I would move with them where I thought was a better school district or they wouldn’t be moving at all.

3 Likes

You can’t get time back. If it were me I would find a way to live in the same area as the father. There should be a compromise with the living location, it is not fair on the kids to have both parents living in different states. Not saying that people don’t do this and live this life, but I am sure those kids wish it were different. In my life, my kid comes first and no matter the status of my relationships. Just my personal opinion. I don’t know how parents can separate form their young children, and just go on with their lives. kids need both parents. Mom and dad.

Move there on your own. Don’t miss out on those Babies lives!

Girl. Move to new York. It might be hard for a minute while you try to figure it all out. But you got this!

2 Likes

Is moving not and option?

If it’s an option move to the same town or get them back! I could never and would never be able to be away from my kids or have them be away from me for that long. They need their mom and dad but dad will be enough for them if your no longer wanting the responsibility of raising them or if you keep making excuses why they are better with their dad then just let them stay with dad.

Yall kill me… Now if this woman were to harm herself(God forbid) and her kids were there, then you all would be yelling, why didnt you just send them to the dad or some other family if she had the option. MENTAL HEALTH issues are real. As mothers we feel like we have to do EVERYTHING ALONE …. But we also have to take care of ourselves so we can be the best for our kids !!! So if sending them with their FATHER , you know , the other half of their DNA :roll_eyes: is what she needed to do for 60 days andr he was willing to do so then ……… :woman_shrugging:t4: let that woman take care of herself !!! Yall make me sick

13 Likes

I raised 2 grandchildren. Children need their mother. A clean healthy mother. After my grands turned 17 & 18 they went to their mother. Do what a mother should do. :heart:

A child needs their parents. You should be moving as well.

3 Likes

Make arrangements to be there for them and what you want to be there for, or keep them… it’s that simple… they’re your children too, and they will remember if you were there or not.

Who knows where he’ll be in a couple of years. They’re 2 and 3, if you’re worried about their education and class size, teach them the things you think they’d be missing out on at the other school in your spare time or homeschool the both of them for a year if you’re able so you can be sure to give them lots of one on one teaching. I don’t think that where they go to kinder/1st will make a difference in their lives but moving away from their mom sure will. I would either move with or keep them with me and make up for what they lack at the “better” school. Good luck with whatever you do, I can’t imagine having to make a choice like that

Idk, I think you’re trying to justify living so far away from your kids.
I would move to New York without question🤷🏼‍♀️

3 Likes

What if u didn’t get a divorce where would they have gone to school since U already kno u don’t like the district where u live ? Kinda makes me think ur making excuses as to why u want them living with their dad so far away… he’s the one who decided to move. Or u need to think about moving. Those babies are so young and need BOTH parents. If both parents are healthy and good for them but if dad is better off to have them then you need to recognize that but also be there as much as possible throughout their lives. This is gunna impact them huge choose wisely and I pray everything works out amazing for those babes and you too

3 Likes

They need their mother more than they need a smaller class size.

5 Likes

Lot mom don’t want the responsibility but the still w ant to let people think their kids are their main concern .all they worry is their self they don’t put them first they just do what they have too less time they spend with them better they like it

1 Like

Smaller schools aren’t always better.
But truthfully, move!

Why would a school district even be a problem now ? They’re only 2 and 3 wth just say u want to give up ur kids and move on

4 Likes

Move to NY you gon hate yourself at the end of the day if u didn’t.

I wouldn’t. The break is great but he could also take the children if he decides to be petty. This LITERALLY happened to me and it took me 3 years to get my sole and physical custody restored. Think very hard about your decisions you make.

1 Like

I would absolutely move with my children or bring them back home!! They would never be without me!

6 Likes

You should move closer to them

Learn the laws of that state. I know where I live if a child is with a parent and lives in that state for 6 months then they become a citizen of that state and you will have to fight in that court. I had to hire a lawyer where I lived and where the child new residence was. Very costly.

Sounds like you have 2-3 years until they start school. Plenty of time to set plans in motion to move with them if you truly believe NY schools will be better.

1 Like

They don’t have to worry about prek for another year and 2 for the youngest

I would be moving back with my kids. You can live in same city and still be their for every step. I just couldn’t let my kids go.

Which ever school is best and the parents agree on then the other parent need to move closer.from experience they need both parents. I made this mistake and the only ones that suffered were mu boys…

I understand your concerns and I think you are a great momma. Kids education is so important and if I was in your situation I would send them wherever I feel the education is better for them. If you don’t like the school district where you are then maybe there is a reason. You could also look into private school if you can afford it. I would move out there if you can, or at least fly out there for their first day until you can afford to move out there.

I wouldn’t, if you take better care of them than he does especially dont let them go up there full time just over better class ratios. You will feel lonely without your girls, and will regret missing parts of their early school years. They need their mother.

2 Likes

I feel that your children are so young that school isn’t the top tier of your priority. At the age your little kids are they need the primary caregiver the most. You have plenty of time to figure out optimal school situation for them up until around 5th grade If you reference parenting books.
But if you still feel dead set about your girls moving to NY I would be looking into moving to the State to share custody.

2 Likes

I would move personally if it was me and that was a better place for my children. Then they are near both parents and I wouldn’t have to miss out on anything. If moving is absolutely not possible then my kids would stay with me, period. You are their mother, they need you.

2 Likes

Is there a reason you can’t leave Texas? I’d say move closer to them so you don’t have to miss out.

If the children will have a better life with their dad, let them go! Do not let anyone shame you out of doing what’s best for them and you.

1 Like

School isn’t the real question. Do you want to be a mother or not? In my opinion, a mother never leaves her children.

5 Likes

I’d be moving, especially to a small town. Also he could take them from you.

Relationship with mom > education
They’ll be far more appreciative that they had you in the long run. Instill the love of learning in them, and it won’t matter where they’re educated.

3 Likes

Move closer to him if you think that’s the best for the kids.

your kids are still babies what kind of question is this? everyone needs a break from toddlers send them to daycare…this sounds very selfish to me

4 Likes

Make arrangements with your ex to still be there for their first days. If you two can coparent amicably then you don’t have to miss out on anything

I would move. Not into the same town but near there, so that you don’t have to miss out on things. Honestly, when my ex and I got divorced, I decided to stay in the same town, as it’s better for my kids and their schedules. We don’t split weeks or holidays. We have them the same amount of time. M-W morning with him, W night-F with me and then every other weekend. I don’t know that I would ever be able to be without my kids.

2 Likes

Are you able to move to the same city?

No offense but that’s a long break from them. It doesn’t sound like you want more than visits.

8 Likes

Go with stay close so y’all are in the same school district don’t miss out on this time in there lives

Your girls are not even school aged yet…

2 Likes

You don’t, basically give up your children, based on school systems and class sizes! This is much deeper than this post and I think you’re just looking for the tiniest bit of approval from strangers to make you feel better about what you’re doing! Also, “a break” from your kids is a Saturday night not 2 months!

63 Likes

Move closer to share custody. Especially if you see perks where he is living for the children

3 Likes

I could never let my children move away without me, they will need their momma.

6 Likes

I would move with my children. No way could I possibly be that far away and miss those moments with my kids. I couldn’t “cope” with missing that part of my life.

4 Likes

I would move to wherever my babies were. I know stuff is hard and it isn’t always possible but I’d get it figured out one way or another. My son is my everything. I’d be damned if i was missing a thing :man_shrugging:

2 months is a long break!

3 Likes

I’d pack up and move with them.

4 Likes

10 kids per class in a nys school? That sounds like a whole lie

4 Likes

If my children were living in New York, I’d be living there too.

4 Likes

First, I applaud you for being strong enough to put your kids and their education first!

Putting them in to a school district with small class sizes is always better for learning but I know you’ll miss them.

Be a strong mama and keep doing the best for your munchkins!

2 Likes

I don’t normally comment! But I’d move. I would have moved when your ex did. Especially a move across the country, I’d NEVER not be in the same state as my kids. My opinion

3 Likes

I’m sure your husband will choose a great school where they live. If you do want to be a part of their lives then you should probably consider moving closer to them so you dont miss out on too much.

3 Likes

I’m proud of you for thinking of your kids. I had a friend who did basically the same thing. She had longer visits over all the breaks. She basically did what a dad would do. Nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

I’m sorry but the school district is not an excuse for giving up on your kids. It basically looks like since you “needed” a break from your own kids. If he didn’t live in another town. Your kids would have to go to the schools in your areas. :woman_shrugging:t3: I could never just send my child away just for a “better school” if is so bad, you should consider moving somewhere else and not your kids.

4 Likes

Being there for the “first” aren’t nearly as important as being a constant in their lives… it seems you are more worried about you missing out than them missing out.

13 Likes

2months without my kid I would die.

4 Likes

I’d move closer to him so that custody would be easier for my kids and they would be in a better school environment

3 Likes

I have put my children in a small class as well, it has been the best thing for them. You can always fly to see them on special occasions and dad can FaceTime you for first like school days or sports. I think it’s courageous that your willing to put your kids first, it will show through the years. You can always be a phone call way or a video chat away.

You are basically giving your kids up and causing them long term damage but whatever…

7 Likes

You move with the children or they stay with you. I can’t go 2 days without my kids, I sure couldn’t make it 2 months for a “break” let alone consider giving up my parental duties for a “better school”. Have you tried counseling, you don’t seem to be in a healthy mindset. Getting help is 100% ok, we all need help from time to time.

12 Likes

When did it become normal for children to not live with their mother? Why do we live in a world that’s normalizing children being away from their parents for long periods of time? This isn’t normal you either need to move to a better school district or move with them wherever they go, in my opinion.
If there are any underlying conditions such as your mental health or anything that can be a danger to your children, then that should have been in the post also.
Some won’t agree with me and that’s ok but by posting on a public forum you’re asking for opinions.

6 Likes

You take them on breaks, book time off qork for special events. Or if work isn’t tying you down, you move closer

No way I’d let my kids move away from me! I have 3 children and they are my entire world, I couldn’t even fathom the thought of ever missing out on being apart of their EVERYDAY lives! I don’t even understand the part of needing a break… So maybe they are better off with Dad

7 Likes

No way I’d let my kids go anywhere I am not. Especially not new York and their tyranny

5 Likes