I'm unexpectedly pregnant, help me feel okay!

I currently am a few months shy of 30 with 3 amazing littles. I have been on a wait list for a tubal ligation for over a year. They called me today. 12hrs after I was surprised with the 4th positive.

I AM FREAKING OUT!! Going a million miles a minute. Doctors. Appointments.
mom’s of multiples feedback for the transition??
I should add I will be getting my first C-section and tubal for delivery.
ALSO I have noooo idea how to tell my parents. They are literally the only people I want to avoid completely. They are long done with me having kids(not that it’s their concern)

94 Likes

Itll be Alright. Don’t overthink it more than you already have to. I have 6 between 24 and 4. It happens and now you will have another amazing person to love. My family was the same. I know you had your appointment and weren’t planning anymore but surprise. Remember this is just how I feel. You do what feels right for you. BTW if you have 3 already, 4 isn’t much different. You’ll be amazing no matter what. Good luck to you and your babies.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I'm unexpectedly pregnant, help me feel okay! - Mamas Uncut

Don’t tell them yet its just gonna stress u out

:pray:! It will all work out! Xo

First of all, congratulations. I’m currently 24 weeks with what I call my, nexplanon baby lol
You’re a grown adult and your parents can be all upset if they want, it’s your life, your children.
I was waiting to get fixed also when I found out about bubs…
It will all work out. I’m contemplating a c-section tubal also…just scared of it lol

I have 5 going on 6 kiddos and still don’t want to get my tubes tied. My parents disagree with that but :woman_shrugging:t2: it’s my body.
Congratulations & good luck! If you’re happy it’s all that matters

3 Likes

Focus on your postpartum recovery plan with 3 other children in the house

1 Like

I went through the same thing. My family was very unsupportive of my 4th child, some came around, some took longer. It’s your body, your family. I found out two days before I was going in for my IUD after I missed my first appt. My littles are 14 months apart. My first two boys are 15 months apart then we waited 4 years before we had our daughter, or last,4th, was a unplanned. It was hard at first but I couldn’t imagine life without that lil guy. Ended up having a C-section and a tubal at the same time.

I have 5 kiddos!! It was a little scary at first on having a 5th. I wouldn’t change it for the world. It can get crazy with 5 kids but it’s the good crazy!!. 4 of my babies are at school and it’s just me and my little man at home 8 hrs a day and it gives us one on one time. We go to the park, color, play outside, snuggle on the couch and watch a movie. We just have fun! You got this mama!!

1 Like

Have faith! This is going to be a blessing.

1 Like

God must have a plan. A baby is Gods greatest gift.

4 Likes

When I got pg with my youngest I was so mad. My daughter was just a few months old. I had my boy & girl. I was done. Also my aunt told me at a family dinner that my daughter was my last. She was insistent that I don’t have any more kids. She called me out in front of everyone & made me say I won’t have more. At first when she found out I was pregnant she was “disappointed” then she came around before he was born. When he was about 2-3 she went off on me about how stupid I was to have him etc. I hung up on her & ignored her when she called again. I have never spoken to her since. He’s 8. This is your life. Things happen that we don’t think we want. We have to deal with it. But we should not have deal with others who think they have a say in our lives. You will love this baby. If they can’t love him/her they don’t need to be around it.

9 Likes

Listen 3 to 4 is okay but once you add that 5 let me tell you lol

Congratulations

4 Likes

Im pregnant with my second but together with my husband its our 4th. And all 3 of ours are 3 and under none of them are in school. I get the anxiety lol. And im definitely getting fixed after this one as well

congratulations!! everything happens for a reason… a year from now youre going to look back at this and be like woww… im so glad I got my 4th Lil one and last… enjoy it. and who gaf about what ur parents say or think… this is your life. c section is hard but you will get through it!!

1 Like

First off congratulations. We went from 3 to 4 however when I had my fourth my youngest was 10 years old. I did not wanting to tell your parents because I was 30-31 when I got pregnant and I still didn’t want to tell my parents. Don’t tell him until you’re ready to and try not to stress. :heart:

For me,going from 3 to 4,was easier then going from 1-2.Its going to be okay.I wouldnt tell them just yet.

I had 3 boys at home and I gotten pregnant with twins. I didn’t want anymore kids after I had my youngest 2 years ago. I had an emergency c section and got my tubes removed. 26 with 5 kids. It’s your body, your choice.

1 Like

Congratulations! I am one of those women who had a very hard time conceiving a child. Talk about not feeling ok! Had my one and only as I turned 41! Consider yourself lucky to be able to conceive and carry to full term. Hope all goes well and you find happiness. Blessings to you and your family.

6 Likes

I have 5. The transition isn’t difficult at all. Easiest thing for me was to eventually get the baby on the same schedule as the other kids, after that, it was easy.

If you are taking care of your babies without your parents help than why should they care how many you have.

18 Likes

I have 6, CONGRATULATIONS :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I know this feeling personally. Hubby called for his vasectomy appointment and the same week we found out were expecting number 4. We talked about how our 3 were perfect and all that so the idea of having a fourth has been hard. Weve had a lot of terrible things happen since then and now I’m 33 weeks and completely lost. One thing though is this baby is more than loved by his siblings. I waited until I was 20 weeks before telling anyone other than my mother because I spent the whole year before this pregnancy horribly sick. Luckily the pregnancy has helped whatever was going on. I just pray I don’t get sick again after his birth. Anyway sorry for my rambling just know that your feelings will be all over the place and that’s ok. It’s ok to be unsure of how things will work out but also feeling blessed to have another baby on the way. The kicks and love from his siblings gets me through my bad days. He already feels a part of our lives and although I have no idea how I’ll make it work, I know it will.

3 Likes

Mom of 8, You’re BLESSED for a REASON YOU GOT THIS. GOD’S GOT YOU.

1 Like

It was meant to be. :heart: have Faith

3 Likes

I took a test Friday night, 1 day late (didn’t think anything of it, have PCOS) because I wanted wine and just wanted to make sure. Planned to call Monday morning to schedule a tubal… positive. This is also my 4th. I’m 37 weeks now. I was definitely in denial until wayyyy too far along in this pregnancy. It’ll all work out :heart:

2 Likes

You have other options to explore…don’t forget that. :relaxed:

8 Likes

Congratulations hun!
You’ll be just fine🙂
Your business is no one else’s but your own.

You don’t have to give a shit about their opinion. I missed how you said you got 3 kids so I envisioned like 7 by when I got to the end, and saw the, “their done with me having kids” Yeah 4 kids is alot but not no Kate plus 8 lol. You were meant to have one more and shoot if you were able to raise 3, you got the 4th one down pat lol. Prayers and good wishes sent :white_heart::white_heart::white_heart: also i thought it was kinda obvious you’re keeping it because you said you’ll be having a c section delivery and then the tubal procedure. So I’m not sure why people would say you have other options to explore, if you stated you’re going through with a delivery a c section? Maybe I missed something lol

Why a C-Section? You don’t need that for a tubal they went right in my belly button and did everything after my 5th baby

4 Likes

I get the not wanting to tell mom and dad…with my 3rd and last I didnt tell anyone until I was 7 months, only me and my kids dad knew…lol. I probably would have went longer but thats when I couldn’t hide it anymore…lol…even then, I never said nothing till asked…:woman_facepalming::rofl:

Wow takes some breaths and ask yourself how YOU feel about this!!! Go from there

All babies are a blessing from god trust him itll be great hun

4 Likes

Just out of curiosity, do you suffer from anxiety? That will definitely make you freak out like this. I remember when I was having my 3rd, he was totally unexpected. My second child was only 2 when I found out I was pregnant. I freaked out for a little bit and then calmed down. Then one day I was shopping for a baby shower gift for someone else then reality really hit me and I had an anxiety attack in the store. :woman_facepalming:t4: But all the fear, anxiety, and uncertainty went away when I saw his cute little face. You are going to be fine. Just think about the joy you felt when you looked at and held your other babies for the first time. As far as telling your parents, just tell them when you’re ready. If they aren’t providing for you financially and putting a roof over your head, I don’t see why it would be a problem. :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

After 3 its nothing. Going to 4 was no different than having 3 lol.

1 Like

I wouldnt care what anyone else thinks. A baby is a blessing and,when he or she arrives, it will be like he or she was there all along and then you wont be able to imagine life without them in it. I freaked out with my second some…even though she was planned…bc first was going on 5 and potty trained and thought of diapers and bottles again made me freak for a minute. She got here and it was rough for first week,but after that it was like she fit right in and was always here. Made the place less boring and routine. Be happy,no matter what others say. Your baby…not theirs.

5 Likes

Sounds like me…right down to the parents thing…smh. mama of 4… YOU GOT THIS! :raised_hands:t3:

4 Likes

I am about to get mine tied after this baby toooo they’re doing mine right after delivery. Not c section though. Unless emergent.

1 Like

If you decide you want to explore other options, I know of a couple who would love to adopt. :heart: They would be so grateful and the baby would be so spoiled. :heart:

1 Like

I would feel like you were on that waiting list for so long for a reason. I completely get being anxious about telling your parents but it’s your choice. Take a moment to gather your thoughts and feelings and then tell who you want. No matter your decision you’ve got this.

1 Like

Do you actually want another? Because you have a litigation booked already, you don’t have to have the baby

11 Likes

I feel u want this baby coz it is a complete surprise. Going through a termination is just that…another world of emotional and physical abuse to your body and soul. Having another is scary but uv done it before and its no different to 3. Having the basics and a support system , if you have your partner would be so much more easier but if not then that’s where u need to think more of… we are having our surprise 5th in December and to be honest I was exactly in your mind. I do have hubby so that was easier. But I didn’t want another to be frank. But am glad I chose to carry on because our kids an I are quite excited to meet the new unexpected edition…do what you feel is right for yourself mama. Never doubt yourself. I thorght ild be done by 30. (Had my 4th and only baby girl 2 months before 30) now 33 waiting for the 5th.

You have 3 already , so what’s wrong with another… Your parents should be mature enough to deal with you being pregnant again at 30. Seriously enjoy the pregnancy and look forward to the baby…

1 Like

Going from 2 to 3 kids is the biggest transition, after 3 it’s no different. Lol. As for your parents, cut off contact if they are toxic. They will find out or they won’t. :woman_shrugging:t2:good luck mama!! You’ve got this!!

2 Likes

I have 5 and a bonus son. I freaked out from 2 to 3. Now after 5 what’s one more. You got this. I am 30 too. All babies are a blessing. May not have been planned but once he/she gets here you will wonder how you lived without them.

2 Likes

Are you afraid to tell your parents because you live In their house and they are helping you take care of your other littles. You dont mention how the dad feels about this

5 Likes

I am literally in the exact situation!!! Breathe. You don’t have to make an announcement until you feel you are ready.

You have options: abortion, adoption, and keeping it.

Do you even want a baby? You don’t have to have it. It’s nobody business but yours.

8 Likes

My mom had 4 girls I’m 4th she said we pretty easy once she got the hang of it she was unstoppable just pace you’re self every baby is a gift congrats.

4 Likes

What a blessing…it will keep u busy…u have this…I am rooting for you

3 Likes

I can not wait to get pregnant with my 4th! I’m 36, Been trying for over 2 years and had one miscarriage :broken_heart: count your blessings

1 Like

It’s too bad your partner didn’t step up since guys can get the snip soooo much quicker and way less complications.

11 Likes

Don’t panic it’s going to be ok after three it’s not even hard seriously you are already doing everything very little impact to be honest :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I was so scared as well the hardest part is the brand new baby once the baby starts sleeping at night you will be golden :raised_hands:t2::pray:t2: congratulations

2 Likes

Sometimes God has a different plan for our lives, than we do

7 Likes

This was a sign you must be an amazing mother god hadn’t quite finished yet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

May I ask why there is a waiting list please? No disrespect…. Is it because of covid? Just curious and please don’t answer if you choose to not do so…… thank you

I had 6 by 31. U got this…

A baby is a blessing… Many would love to have…

4 Likes

You can’t avoid your parents forever so just tear the bandage off. You already have 3 kids so knew you could get pregnant easy but chose to play Russian roulette anyway and unfortunately lost. Time now to get accustomed to having 1 more

2 Likes

Omg honey I feel this post to my core as I just found out the same and I’m physically exhausted, I may be more excited if every pregnancy I have had didn’t feel like so was dying but I haven’t had such luck. Every child is a blessing and you are lucky to be able to conceive I agree but those comments don’t always help. About your parents if you’re doing it on your own I wouldn’t worry about that too much, just handle your business and things will fall into place. Good luck. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Statistically speaking, 3 is the hardest number of kids to have.
I’m a mom of 4 boys, and yeah, it’s hard…but so worth it.

That last extra bonus surprise baby is so worth it. Ask me how I know!

1 Like

Just tell your parents. You’re a grown ass adult who doesn’t owe anyone anything… Unless they are caring for you and your kids. You didn’t unexpectedly get pregnant. After 3, you know how this works. You made this choice.

I have 4 kids ages 1,2,3 & 5. I am 29 and I am done. You got this momma. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I suffer from tubal ligation syndrome! I wouldn’t do it again. I would recommend getting the hubby snipped instead. A lot of women suffer from post tubal ligation syndrome, and a lot of doctors brush you off about your symptoms. I hope your body doesn’t have a bad reaction. Just be aware it’s possible and not worth it in my opinion. Congratulations on your expanding family! I have 6 kiddos myself :clap:

4 Likes

Congratulations! God is blessing you with another sweet precious baby

Stop letting other ppl steal your Joy!! I have 6 amazing young adults. I too let others steal my Joy… I love being a Mom, Gmom, and Great Gmom. Enjoy your babies…

1 Like

…to not offend the unbelievers lemme jis say. Slow down mama…

3 Likes

Why do you have to have a c-section? Have you previously had to?

As far as being 30 and an unplanned pregnancy….adding a fourth child in my experience really is pretty easy to adjust too. I say that because the older siblings love to help.

I’m sorry your parents feel that they have a right to have any opinion regarding the amount of children you have. Some patents evidently think they can do this. They seem to forget how they would have felt in the same position.

1 Like

My husband was supposed to get snipped while I was pregnant with our second child, couldn’t get it at that time. Got pregnant at 39 with our last. We’re both glad that our youngest is here.

Had my last one at 36. Had 10 babies in 18 yrs. You’ll do fine. God bless you

9 Likes

It’s non of their damn business. Shit happens and they can just get over it. If they’d really punish the children for being born then to hell with them.

I’m unexpectedly pregnant, help me feel good.
Let’s start with … You’re not 5 anymore & noone needs to make you feel good because you fucked up. Deal with your lot & grow up.

I have 4… my last was an oops too… but I got my girl… so am SO happy 3 boys, 1 girl.

2 Likes

Are your parents supporting you and your children or raising your children??? Why would their opinion matter if not? You’re a grown woman. It shouldn’t matter at all if you take care of
Them.

2 Likes

No contact and enjoy your sweet baby. Toxic people dont get attention. 4 is so much better than 3. Mama to 3 girls and 1 boy.

1 Like

Omg Marissa Leigh Myette, thats amazing!! My mom had 6 of us before she was 30 and we’re all a year apart. And… we grew up in a 4 room house! Its amazing how you make things work but you do.
When I visit my father( he’s 89) who still lives in that house, I cannot believe 8 of us lived there :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

You’re an adult a mother just follow your heart

Congratulations on the baby… trust me it will be worth it. Cut off the people who don’t support your decisions. It sounds like you got this sweetie! I hope you have a healthy and safe pregnancy. I bet the other kids will be super excited for a new baby brother or sister.

I felt the same way when I found out I was having my fourth. My third was only 6 months old… I was more concerned about what people would say… I really didn’t want to go through with the pregnancy… I had so many thoughts going around in my head… but I realized my baby was a blessing and he was sent to me for a reason. All the anger and sadness turned in to so much LOVE. I don’t regret my baby at all… and I can care less what anyone thinks … I didn’t tell anyone about my pregnancy … They just found out on their own when they saw my belly grow lol

It’ll be okay momma :heart: don’t let anyone get too you
That baby is a blessing

2 Likes

Embrace the gift … tubal ligation isn’t going anywhere… things happen for reasons we don’t know about sometimes… in the long run you will be overwhelmed with love and joy…

Don’t let anyone ruin this for you. I was freaked out with our third because the timing was horrible, told me family and my mom was supper unsupportive because she knew I had just
Told her a few weeks ago hubs was ready but I wasn’t. Keep the negativity away it’s your life, your family just as everyone else has told you. I had my tubes tied after baby #3 and am so happy we did. We have three beautiful children 2 years apart which is what we wanted. Wishing you the best

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I'm unexpectedly pregnant, help me feel okay! - Mamas Uncut

Join our mummas page, lots of support and helpful advice on there :heart: Mummies Support Group xx

Are they raising your kids or supporting them financially? If not, their opinion doesn’t matter and it’s none of their business. The transition to our 4th was probably the easiest.

40 Likes

Sounds like this little was meant to be… they could be the soul that changes the world… day by day… that’s the way to get through

24 Likes

Their opinions shouldn’t matter.
Theyre not the ones taking care of you or your children.
Congratulations, enjoy your last pregnancy! You’re gonna miss it once you ave your tubal.:heart:

16 Likes

I know the feeling I had 2 stair steps and schedule for tubaligation, found out I was 6 weeks pregnant. But my 3rd was so peaceful and never really cried much. Had my tubes tied when she was 6 months old, I used depo to save me. But now she’s 23 and working my nerves spoiled and sweet. I didn’t have support. But God got me through with a lot of prayer and midnight bubble baths and crying. You’ll be fine. If you got 3, 4 is a piece of cake.

16 Likes

I’m so confused as to what the question is…

16 Likes

I had twins last year unexpectedly at 40. I felt that way telling my parents as well. My Dad said great, that’s just what you need. My Mom just said gid bless you both and that’s all. LOL Within a week or 2 they both were excited. My Dad a nervous wreck something was going to happen to me my entire pregnancy. He went and got us a mini van that he started looking for right away because our car was too small for 2 more kids. (I have an eleven year old already.) By about 5 months he said he had go get then a swing set he did. They LOVE their grandbabies and have been very supportive since the initial news break to them. They’re just as spoiled as all the other grandkids. It’s probably going to go better than you thought!

15 Likes

A baby is a blessing. I had my daughter at 20. Unexpected pregnancy. She is turning 16 next month. Had a miscarriage twice 3 years ago. Havent been able to have another baby unfortunately. You will never be given more then you can handle. Be blessed with your new baby

12 Likes

Pull the bandaid off and tell them. It’s going to stress you out trying to hide it. If you have 3 you can handle anything. You are not responsible for how anyone else feels about it but yourself.

14 Likes

How do you feel about having a child?! That’s all that should matter!
I was 34 when I found out I was pregnant with our first, we had planned on not having any and protection failed us. I turned 35 and had our son (by c section a few months later) and he is healthy and happy! We are grateful that we have him. You guys are the ones that are having the baby and caring for it. If you’re happy, then don’t let anyone rain on your parade.

11 Likes

Once you have 3, you can have 10🤣 you’ve got this mama

15 Likes

I’m currently pregnant with my 4th. I will have four kids, 5 and under. I plan a tubal with this c section as well. I was afraid to announce after my first two (twins). They are medically complex. However, just do it! You’re allowed to have kids just like anyone else. Enjoy it :blush:

9 Likes

Single mom of 4. 3 of them, 100% fulltime. You may go insane sometimes but they’re worth it!

6 Likes

Well, I can’t say what it’s like to have more than 3…yet… I will be 31 in November and I am due by 4th cesarean in 7 weeks and a few days… with TWINS. Now this was a very unexpected pregnancy as I was on the naplexon or whatever its called that is good for 3 years… it didn’t work obviously lol … my youngest is 16 months old… as for your parents, unless they are financially helping you in my opinion it doesn’t really matter. It matter what you think. My mom wasn’t happy I was pregnant again and my dad isn’t happy I’m getting a tubal this time… so it’s you that it matters too. And btw, cesaren isn’t all that bad, get you a belly wrap for after and it’ll give you more support while you are healing and it will ease the pain as well. I wish you the best momma!!! Hang in there

7 Likes

I was the same way a while back. But my husband & I were trying for our 3rd. I turned 30 & a month later was pregnant. I worried about what people would say but hubby said “were raising our kids, we have our home, I have a job. They aren’t doing anything do it’s not their business how many we have.” It’s really not. Whether they’re ok about it or not. As far as multiples, I only have 2 but I grew up in a big close family. Always had cousins & everything. Older kids helped with younger kids. Times get hard but the good outweighs the bad in my opinion. The snuggle, giggles, smiles are so worth it.

5 Likes