Is 5 years to big for an age gap?

I have an 8 year gap between my 2 children. And their the best of friends :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My 2 are 4 years apart, she wanted a baby brother. That she got and have been best friends since. It just depends on their personality toward each other and how you include then into each other’s lives

8 years between me and my younger sister when we were younger we used to argue loads but now we are best friends… 2 years between me and my older brother and we used to get on loads when we were younger and now I barely see him

11 years between my sister and I. Granted that when I was in my teenage years and she was a toddler she irritated me, but now we are so sooo close and I love her to pieces :slightly_smiling_face:. X

Theres 2years between me n ny older bro then 5 years between me and my younger bro and me and my younger brother have always got on and are dead close xxx

There was 6 years between me and my eldest sister. I idolised her growing up and we became really close and inseparable when I hit my late teens and early 20’s. The gap lessened if that makes sense. She passed away at the age of 30. I was 24. I miss her everyday and think of her all the time. The age gap meant nothing. We were best friends.

Mine are 5 years a part and I loved every minute of it. They got a long great and my eldest love to help out and “take care of” her baby brother. I’m 20 years older than my sister and we are very close and I loved watching her grow up.

My little brother and I are five years apart and best friends!

There is 13 years difference between my oldest and middle child. They got along just fine.

Mine are five years apart and they are just best friends. They adore each other

There are eight yrs between my brother and I. He took me everywhere. And I loved him.

1 Like

There are 20 years between me and my little sister and 22 years between me and my little brother so 5 years really isn’t that long :joy:

I am the middle of an older sister 5 yrs and a younger brother 5 yrs. I was very close to my brother growing up but not my sister and now as an adult, very close to my sister than my brother. But my sister and I are both very caring and protective of my younger brother as adults. Needless to say, 5 yrs isn’t too bad!

My girls were 8 and 6 when I had my son. They are good about 90% of the time but it works.

My 3 older brothers wer 2 years apart i was the youngest boy it was 6 years differnce between me and him an 6 years between me an mysister an 17 months between her an my baby sister so i dont guess it really matters

I’m 29, my brothers 27 and my sisters currently 22, 23 in a couple of weeks and we’re all very close.

My sister is 9 years older than me and my brother is 23 years older than me. There’s no such thing as too big of an age gap for siblings.

Me and my brother are 4 years apart my husband has a 8 and 10 year gap with his sister’s. They all get along great!

Me and my youngest brother are 15 years apart lol so 5 is nothing siblings are siblings the love will be there no matter the age gap

I have 4 and there is nearly 16 years between my oldest and youngest

1 Like

Uhhh my and my sisters are 10 and 11 years apart I’m the youngest and they’re the two oldest my brother is a year older than me my mom decided a whole decade later to have more kids lmao :joy: honestly I think it was easier that we had the age gap for her cause our sisters could babysit us when she worked night shift

My sister and I are 5 years apart and we get along great! Like most siblings we got on each h others nerves but I feel like we were close growing up and she was able to help me with things like when I got my first period and boys and clothes and makeup. I used to be her doll for testing out new hairstyles and makeup too which was fun.

the age gaps between my oldest children and my twins, is 10 and 8 years

I’m 28 & my brother is soon to be 21. 7 years between us & we are so close. We always have been, I used to help my mum when he was young & I loved it xx

Me and my older sister are 2 years apart, my youngest siblings I’m 5, 10 and 17 years older than them and I’m still decently close with all of them :woman_shrugging:t2: age gap doesn’t matter, it’s the bond we create as we get older that matters.

My oldest & youngest have a 7 & a half year age gap & they are inseparable

9 yrs between my third and first it was a lot easier 3rd time around

Yes, you are overthinking it.Love grows where ever and when ever you plant it.:two_hearts:

:cherry_blossom:My 3 children are all 5 years apart… wanted them to have my undivided attention… then off to school they went… they are all very independent! So in my opinion, no not at all! Bless you and your family!:butterfly:

My kids are 22, 16, 14 and 3 months. My oldest loves my baby just as much as the others do and they all have a bond no matter the age gap!

1 Like

I have two girls three years apart then I had a son 10 years later they all love each other but it was different when I had my son, when he was old enough to play they were teenagers and he wanted to go everywhere with the girls, he drove them mad lol, they all love each other they are 48, 45, 35 now so all grown up.
My own sister was born as I was leaving school
And she was only 4 when I had my first daughter, they were and still are very close

No I have 3, my kids are 7 years apart 15. 8. And a 1 year old… They get along…

don’t worry about age gap. Older kids can help out.
Mine are 24, 21 and 13 yrs. 2 older girls are like mini mums to their baby brother​:roll_eyes::rofl:

My oldest brother and youngest brother are 20 years apart. Me and my next brother are 10 years apart. If that’s what you want for your life, just send it.

I’m 28, my brothers are 25 and 8. The bond i have with the 8 year old is the most amazing thing, don’t worry about age, its not important

I have 11 years between my two girls (18&7)not thru lack of trying though. They have squabbles but are usually great friends

Nope, between my 1st and 3rd there will be 12 years, 1st and second 6 years and second and 3rd 5 years, the age gap suits me fine!

There was 10 1/2 between my closet sister and me .There was 20 years between my oldest brother and me. With 4 more in between me and the oldest .yes I was the 7th child out of 8.

I three boys one is 43 one is 36 n the last is 22. My boys love n protect each other. Don’t stress.

My parents had two kids in the early 80s and then two more in the early 90s, so my brothers are 11 years apart and a decade separates my sister and I. :woman_shrugging:t3: It really doesn’t matter.

This question is ridiculous. :joy: if you want to take care of another child then go head! Siblings will either get along or they won’t. Plus you have a baby sitter for a few years

I have 3 children all of them are 5 years apart
boy 9
Girl 4
And now a newborn

I have 8 living children. The eldest was 17 when the youngest was born. There is a 5 year age group between no’s 5 and 6 and only 11 months between. No’s 4 and 5 land they were all close. They are all now adults with the youngest being 40 and are still really close. :grin:

My daughter is 4 and my son is 3 months so close to 5 . Personally I love it because she’s kind of independent on certain things . I don’t need to worry about her crawling or walking and putting things in her mouth , she can feed herself to an extent obvi , she can pour her own drink she can pee on her own and lastly she sleeps in her own room the entire night !! I plan on keeping all my kids I have 3-4 years apart :woman_shrugging:t2:

No diffently not you have more 1 on 1 time while the other 2 at school it’s really nice To 4 it

That’s me and my sisters, we weren’t close growing up I felt like a burden to them. Now in our 30s things are better.

I have a 50, 48, & 42. Since the oldest are close in age … it would have been nice to have the 3rd one closer in age.

Me and my sister are close, and the gap is like 10 years man you might be overthinking it

My older sister is 2 years older than me and my younger sister is 5 years younger than me and we all turned out fine

There is 4 years between me and my sister and 14 years between me and my brother x

My sister is 18 years younger than me, and 24 years younger than our older sister. They’ll be fine lol

My older sister is 7 years older, and I have 2 younger brothers one 9 years younger and one 12 years younger,
We’re all really close

No… the gap will be great. I had mine 12 years apart. They will all love each other. Enjoy

Nope I had 11 year old, 8 year old and a new born

My oldest is 21, middle 9 and youngest is 2. I like that each got a lil one on one as a baby.

Lol, two of my sisters are one year apart and then there’s me, 11 and 10 year difference between them both!

They say three is the perfect age to introduce a new baby. They can understand more.

Hi This is definitely not too big of a gap. A five year old can be a huge ‘help’ with a new baby and will remember their siblings milestones. I have four sons. Their ages are 28,25,13 and 10
Everything works in a loving family. My younger children are so proud of their big brothers and vice versa. There is a place in the family for everyone, regardless of the age gap. Good luck, and happy memories xxxx

No never… a big gap is 12 and a new born at the time so now 14 and 2 thats my two boys and they get along great

I have a 31yrs ,29yrs, and 11yrs,with same mum,it all works out, don’t worry.

1 Like

My 2 are 6 years apart, it feels like I’m raising 2 only children, but the fact that you’ll have 3 I feel would give it a different dynamic already

my first two are 11 months and 26 days apart then there is 16 years between them and my 3rd child

I dont think 5 years it to big there was 16 years between me and my sister and 19 years between me and my brother

I have an 8 year old daughter and am 38.5 weeks pregnant with a boy. My daughters dad and his brother are the exact same age difference as what my kids will be and they grew up close and are still close to this day.

My 4 kids are all 5 yrs apart, they all had their own friends but love and care about each other. My granddaughter is 30 and her brother is 13 they have a wonderful relationship.

There is an 11 year gap between my oldest and youngest :grimacing:

My brother and I have a 6 year age gap, never caused any issues

I personally think 5 is right at the cut off point. My oldest will be 6 this year, and my youngest was born back in February

My youngest is 10 yrs apart from a sibling.

Its 8yrs between my 1st&2nd and 4yrs between the 2nd&3rd

Ours are 62,61,60,42,39, so don’t worry about a 5 year gap

2 Likes

I’m 28, and my siblings are 18, 16 and 12… It’s fineeee :joy:

Mine are 37, 35, 23 and 20 all best of friends. Don’t overtime it just do it xx

I have 3 siblings and we all are 5yrs apart from eachother

My 3 are 35, 32 and 24… no problem… they were great growing up

Not at all there is 6 years between 2 of my kids :slight_smile:

My kids are 24.22.18 and 7. The age gap has so many amazing advantages. My youngest has the best relationship with his older siblings and watching their interactions and love for their little brother is very special. Although the older kids do say they probably won’t be giving me grandkids anytime soon thanks to their little brother​:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

All my girls are about 4 years one will be 10 6 and nearly 2. X

No i had three 5yrs apart

My step mum had a son who was in his 20’s when she accidentally got pregnant in her 40’s :joy::joy:

I have children 16 years apart

1 Like

Honey I have a brother 16 years younger than I am :joy:

Im 22 years older than my youngest sibling.

If you want another bubba just go ahead clearly you do so just do it sweetie

They will love their sibling. Never mind the gap

my kids are 11 years apart

My son was 4 and a half years old when I had my second and honestly I like the gap between them as he can do all sorts of things and understands sometimes that he has to wait and he helps with everything! He loves his sister very much

My sister was born on my 17th birthday…

1 Like

For affection .age is not a matter

Mine are 9 years apart

Not at all! Me and my brother are 4 years, we lived together all through college and even after! Age really doesn’t change the bond :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have seen different age gaps work. I think the closeness depends on the parenting style and personalities involved.

1 Like

My baby sister is 10yrs younger than me, our relationship is strong as ever especially as she’s gotten older!

Just have two more, one year apart! :woman_shrugging:t3:

Nope, mine are 20 years apart.

My girls are 10 days shy of 7 years apart and they’re best friends. My oldest adores her baby sister and my baby thinks her sissy is the best thing ever.

I don’t believe loving each other or being happy longer term is dependant upon age gaps. Go for it.

My first two are 2 years 6 weeks apart and then I’ve got a 6 year age gap between the middle and youngest child.

My s/o and I have kids that are 12 years and 16 years apart from their sister. Regardless of an age difference the love they have for each other is so extraordinary and genuine as well as their age gap benefitting Finley’s progression intellectually, socially and behaviorally. It’s incredible from what I see/experience daily with my kids. My 3 year old is working on basic addition with her brother, is very good about manners, and all she knows when it comes to her brothers or cares about is that they love her and love making her/ seeing her happy.

I have 4 girls
37 -30-20 and 16. My eldest has an almost 9 year old daughter and a 4 month old son . We all get on fabulously. We holiday together do day trips . Wasn’t planned like this but it definitely works :heart: