Is a 6:30 bed time too early?

I feel like I let my 3 year old stay up way to late after reading some of these comments lmao. Except the one above mine. That makes me feel better lol I work crazy hours… I’m out of the house by 5;30am and not home till 7ish at night so when I get home my son eats dinner with me then ok put him to bed at like 9ish and go to bed right after him so I can be up at 3:30 and his dad takes him to daycare.

That’s way normal in my house. My 8 year barely makes it past 8:30pm. Her bedtime used to be between 6-7pm since 4 months old. She’s up early yes but school starts at 8am. We need to be up and out the door, and kids need to eat and acclimate.

You should do what works for you and your family… that is a perfect time to go to bed for them… when my older kids were that age, that was their bedtime, now I wish my kids still went to bed that time…remember, other people can’t tell you which times are best, because each child is different… those bedtime schedules are just guidelines… follow your motherly instincts, and do what you feel is best… but in my opinion, it’s not too early, as I said, that was my kids bedtime at that age

If it works for you. Clearly it’s okay.

It doesn’t matter what everyone else does. All that matters is it works for you and your schedule.

1 Like

I have a 3 year old, 4 year old, and 8 year old. My 3 year old goes to bed about 7 to 730 because she gets a nap during the day, my 4 year old is in bed by 7 and my 8 year old is 715 to 730. I’ve always had them on an early bedtime. We are early risers though so that’s what works for us. Just remember, they are your kids and you know them best.

Think its great my kids were on a similar schedule it give you time to do some things or just relax kids need a schedule and a lot of sleep

2 Likes

My 2 year old depending on her nap goes down anywhere from 6pm-9pm

That sounds like a wonderful and consistent routine for your kiddos. Children need ample sleep and if that works fine for you and for them please pat yourself of the back for being a wonder little momma!:kissing_heart:

1 Like

Oh wow u guys make me feel like my girls is super late! My 6yo goes to bed around 1030

2 Likes

The recommendation for children those ages is 12 to 14 hrs a night. Most children don’t get enough sleep so you are doing great. Setting them up with good habits for the future and well rested brains which will benefit learning and memory.

1 Like

My 11 year old still goes to bed at 8pm sharp people think it’s too early but i say its what works for us we get up at 6am every morning only once in a while will he get up a little earlier but not usually earlier then 530 so I say it works for us

Do what works for you. My 2 yr old goes to bed at 7. She’s crabby if she stays up later. This falling back with time has killed her too. But we will get through it. You’re doing just fine.

No problem. You see blessed. My monster considered bedtime child abuse.

My daughter used to be a madam at bed and would refuse to sleep until 11pm, then just before my son we tried a routine, bath snuggles and bed at 7:30-8. Once my son was born baths didn’t happen every day as it was hard work with a newborn and a toddler so we now try 6;30 bedtime with a dvd, she settles off brilliant and wakes around 7-8 in the morning xx

Yup! My 2 1/2 year old sleeps 7-6 usually, sometimes 7-7!

Mine have no schedule and give me no problems to go to school and no problems anywhere else

Stick to this bedtime that way you get to have the evenings to yourself to wind down.My daughter as when they were young bedtime 7 p.m. wake up 7 a.m
Have them on a struck schedule it doesn’t hurt them abit

We are almost on the same schedule. My 2 year old goes to bed at 7:30ish. Wakes up at 6:30. Naps at 11.

If it works keep it going.everyone has there own beliefs raising children,if it works don’t break it enjoy it

1 Like

Normal. My 16 month old and almost 3 ye old get up at 7:30, nap 12-2:30, and bed at 7:30.

Normal! My boys have always gone to be 6/7pm until this year :roll_eyes: they’ve been pushing it to 8. They’re 7 and 8.

We shoot for around 8

If it’s not broken, don’t fix it. You’re doing good, wish my son would go to sleep like that.

Stick with what you’re doing… it’s working for you. There are no rules. Everyone is different.

always been 7pm to 7am for my 6 year old and 20month old. and eventually my newborn once she can be on a schedual.

My little one goes to bed at 7pm as well. I think it’s a perfect time haha good job momma nothing wrong with routine, I’m the same way!

WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU!
Our bedtime is a little later bc we have older kids but we are strick with no later than, bedtime is anywhere from 8pm to 9pm but all lights HAVE TO BE OFF by 9.30pm. We have a 10, 8, 4 and 1 year old. The baby is the only one who gets to do his own thing bc well he is a baby.
Even in the summer time when all their friends get to stay up late, even when they have sleep overs at our house or at family members 9pm at the latest.
My kids need their sleep if they dont get it no one wants to deal w them. And its way easier to do one bedtime vs 4 yr old goes to bed at this time 8 yr old at this time 10 yr old at this time.

Early bedtimes are great for everyone, especially children. My kids are normally in bed by 7:30 and are awake around 6:30-7 every morning.

If it works for your family’s schedule then keep at it.

Do you. Screw what everybody else thinks. Why fix it if it ain’t broke

1 Like

My boy is 17 months old. He wakes up at 4 AM when his dad’s alarm goes off, and most days he’s in the bed by 5. Some days he goes to bed as early as 3 and sleeps until the next day lol

1 Like

My child goes to sleep when i do i have no steady work schedule doing 7am-9pm work shifts home by 930ish so we go to bed 10pm some nights back up for 630am but i let her sleep and she stays asleep when she gets to my families house been this way sense she was born and shes almost 3 on thursdays she had 9am dance class and performs well early

All 7 of my kids ages 11,8,6,5,4,3 and 1 go to bed 7 730 thats quiet tv time in their room and all are knocked out no later than 8

If it works for your family, it’s good. As they get older, times will change. At one year old my kids woke up at 6, napped from 12:30 to about 3 or 3:30 and bedtime routine started at 8:30. This worked for us. When they have up their afternoon nap, bedtime was a little earlier for a while.

IF it works for you who cares what other PPL think. After all its your house your rules.

My son is 4 and his bedtime is between 8-830 every night, he is up at 615am for preschool and doesnt nap :pensive: but there are some nights he is out by 7-730

No! whatever works for your kids especially if they get up at 6:30am then they r getting 12 hours!!

Honestly… do what works for you. Everyone’s schedules are different. Every parent & every child are different. There’s no such thing as bed time.

That’s not bad at all!! I started sleep training with all my kids early. My toddler starts her bedtime routine at 6:30pm bath, jammies, snack, teeth brushed, book and she’s always laid down by 7:30. We get up at 5:30am to get the kids on the bus. Plus she takes an hour nap during the day. We also have a month old who will start sleep training soon! Routine is great and children can’t ever get enough sleep lol.

My 4 yr old goes to bed at 730. I go to bed at 9.

Nah seems like good sched

No that’s perfectly fine that’s the sleep schedule for my children to and the nap schedule when my family or my husband’s family get all Where’d about the bedtimes I just simply tell them you know what you raise your children let me raise mine

It’s perfectly fine. I done the same with my small children and now they are between the ages of 10-15 and they normally lay down around 9,10 at the latest. Everyone use to give me a hard time cause of early bedtimes,but now here I sit at night with all my kids in bed with an hour or 2 to myself to relax before bed while they are begging theirs to just settle down around 11 :woman_shrugging: You know what’s right for you and you’re doing great :heart:

3 Likes

My 1 year old is in bed for 5pm sometimes earlier and sleeps right through until 8 or 9 am. My 8 year old goes at 8pm and my 13 year old goes at 8.30 school nights and 9.30 weekends

I say if it is working out good for you keep doing it! :slight_smile:

Whatever works for you! Personally, I lay my kids down later, cause I didn’t want them waking up earlier then 7am lol. My 9 yo goes to bed at 9, 9:30 if she wants to read. My my 1 yo, 8:30/9. My oldest wakes up to her alarm for school every morning and my youngest is up, usually around 7/7:15.

We always had early bedtimes because we wake so early for my work. My kids are 8 and 10 and still go to bed at 7:30 to get the appropriate amount of sleep. 6:30 was normal for mine at that age.

730 is when my 8 and 6 year old go to bed… Were up around 6 or 7 at the latest. It works great for us !

That schedule sounds like ours. I have an almost 1 & 2 year old. If it works, it works!

Depending on nap time, it varies most days, my little is in bed anywhere between 6:30 - 7:30

That sounds awesome, nice routine which kids need and love and gives you and your spouse some time also ! You will adjust as you see fit.

If it works don’t fix it

1 Like

You do what works for you :heart:

My daughter gets up between 6 and 7 usually, nap from 11 to 12 sometimes longer, down for good between 6 and 7 depending on how tired she is

Perfect! Keep doing what works for your family!

1 Like

Stick to what works for you.

From the age of 4 my son’s been in the bath by 7 and bed by half7.
Used to read a bunch of stories sing him a song and off to sleep he went

Now he is 7. So he reads me a story then I read him one x

Stick to what you know and have going.

That’s fine, especially if they’re actually going to bed at that time. My 7 year olds bedtime is 7 and has been for years now

My granddaughter was asleep no later than 7, anywhere between 6-7, she set her own bedtime, this was when she was ready for bed. She’s 8 now and goes to bed at 8. So I’d say if theyre ready for bed at these times, go for it, also gives you a little time for yourself

Do what works for you and your family do not worry about what other people say

1 Like

My kids 7, 3 and 2 all go to bed at 8pm

Everyone has their own routine and schedule. What’s normal for one varies for others. That has never been the norm in my home or my families homes, the schedules listed above, but… do what works for you…

3 Likes

my kids are 5 and 7. I try to have my daughter in bed by 8. my son who is 7 by 830 but normally they’re out by 7 to 730. they get up super early but so don’t I so it works for us.

The later they go to sleep, the later they might sleep in :joy::woman_shrugging:t3: I personally find it a bit early. Maybe 7-7:30

Don’t change it up
If they are happy
Stick to the schedule that works for your family

1 Like

I envy y’all. My kids test my sanity until well after 9pm. We start baths at 7pm. I’m just over here like 6pm? Wow. My kids would laugh at me then jump around more :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

There is absolutely nothing wrong with an early bedtime. Most people let their kids stay up too late. Look up how much sleep your child should get by age. It is shocking.

My one year old goes down at 7:30 and my three and nine year olds go by 8 the latest

My youngest at 1 is in bed by 6:45. My oldest two (4/6) are in bed by 7:30. We get up by 6 every morning.

If it works for your family then it’s perfect. My little ones are in bed between 10&11 but I bartend late hours. It works for us.

My only question is…why is this also on the site ‘Dearly’ ??? Same words, … everything is the same !!!

Honestly it doesnt matter as long as the kids are functioning fine not tired or cranky threw the day if they were then id say adjust the times but if the kids are fine and respomd well then keep at it…every child is different some need more sleep s ome need less who cares what others say u do what is best for ur kids they are YOUR kids. .y best friends kids always wemt to bed early they are 12 and 13 and have an 830 bed time

1 Like

If it works stick to it why go to the trouble getting them rescheduled

My twins went eee
to bed about 7.730 and we always went to bed when I was growing up as well.Eveyone varies but f

My son’s bedtime has always been around 7 if he didn’t nap it’s 6:30 if I have the next day off and want to sleep a little bit I’ll let him stay up till 8 and he usually sleeps a full 12 hours which is what is recommended for most toddlers and babies so as long as they are getting close to 12 then whatever schedule works for you I would stick with why change just because someone doesn’t agree with it. It’s hard enough to try to stick to a schedule with one child but add another one and it’s three times as hard. So I say don’t fix what ain’t broke

I wish it was our norm

whatever works for u.

My 2 year old goes to bed at 6:30/7 and 9 and 10 year olds at 8:30

Felt like I had more time to myself .

About 7pm is when my older 2 went to bed until they were 6 and 8… now my 13 year old, 11 yrs old and 5 yrs old go to bed at 9…

I tried getting my youngest to bed earlier, but she’d wake up at 4am, every day, ready to start her day… WITHOUT NAPS…

Soo, really it depends on the child and their sleep patterns…

Each child is a person, and every person is different…

If it works for your kids and your family, do you…

Really we have no input in what your child’s sleep patterns are…

Know what I mean?

1 Like

If it works for y’all who cares. Wish my little man was like that. I can’t even get him to nap until after noon

Don’t let others put you down for what works best for you family!!! We also have bath/bedtime routine for kiddos and it works great! Bath and bed for 21 month old by 7p and 8p for our 8 year old.

As long as it works for you guys, that’s really all that matters. Sounds like you’re keeping them on a schedule and allowing them to get the sleep they need. My kids have always been 10-12 hour sleepers. My older 2 are teens, but our youngest is 2 and she sleeps from 9p-8a with a 1.5-2 hour nap around 1 each day. I do home child care and don’t get up until 7:45, so her going to bed later suits my schedule, plus she gets more time with her Daddy this way.

My son & I are in bed at 7pm. He’s 6.

My kids are 5,4,2 and 6 months. The older 3 are in bed between 7 and 730 and the baby is in bed between 730 and 8. Whatever routine works for you is what matters

Always stick to what works. My sons (9 and 5) go to bed around 7:30 because I have to be up for work at 1am and they have to be up at 6:30am to get ready for school (my daughter who is 18 takes them).

My 2 year old is asleep by 6:30 most nights, my 9 month old by 5:30/6! It’s always been that way! And I love it esp when they’re up at 6am! We try to push bedtime back a zillion times and they only wake up earlier :woman_shrugging:t3: rather him get the full 12

Who care? If it works for y’all and that’s what you. Children are use to? They are very small

1 Like

My three children were always bathed and in bed around 7 o clock.They slept until 6-30 - 7 in the morning.l thought it was great. :grin::grin::grin:

My 4 & 5 year Olds go to sleep around 730 every night.

My son is 4 and he goes to bed at 7 with a DVD he always sleep within 5-10 mins. But it’s what ever suits you and your children x

That was a normal time for all 3 of mine

When my 2 were little there bedtime was 7 to 730. Now they are 7 and 8 bedtime is 830

Your children, your life, you choose bedtime. If they are going to sleep at about that time then that suits them xxx

1 Like

What a great routine if it’s working for you. I am all for early and routine. Some kiddies are difficult to get into a routine and like late. Mum and Dad need relationship time on their own too even if it’s only a short time, its great to get wind down time, a little peace and quiet time or time to catch up chores and get ready for tomorrow. Stay with what’s working for you. :four_leaf_clover::shamrock:

We do 6:30/7 for my almost 3 year old, but he stopped napping before he was 2 so it just works out that way that he gets tired early. He wakes up around 6:30/7:30 as well

Both my boys use to go to bed around 7. My oldest is almost 5 he is in bed by 830 my youngest still falls asleep by 7 and he’s 3. Both my boys wake up at 6 which is when I go to work

My 9 month old daughter’s bedtime routine starts at 630 and she sleeps 12 hours, and my 2 1/2 year old nephew’s bedtime routine starts at 630 and he sleeps 12 hours! It’s their natural cycle!

Same here. I have a 6 yr old who stay up alittle later and my son 3.5 goes 630-7 and my almost 2year old with naps around 12 because of preschool