Is having a c-section and getting tubes tied at the same time more painful?

I had both done at once. Way better and makes a lot of sense to me.

I had a c section and the last c section I had a tubal with it and it was alittle more soreness but not bad.

Nope not at all, you cannot feel it at all!

Mine was pretty normal. I had a little more cramping then my last 2 c-sections, but not too bad.

I had it all done at the same time Nd had no problems

I didn’t feel any more discomfort when mine was done

I had 2 c sections and a tubal and never noticed any more pain than usual .

I had both done at same time. No problems!

Had mine tied no pain uncomfortable.but a c section you aren’t going to think about it.

I had my tubes tied after a vaginal birth and no pain

I had a tubal immediately after my second c section and didn’t feel any different.

I had both no different from c-section that would b the only way id do it

Not more painful,I had both done at same time after my fifth(, my 3rd son),who is now 34.i had complications with him…

First C section Next two VBaC. Had to wait 2 days to get tubes tied. OUCHES with post delivery and gas pains

Had 3 c sections. Last one with tubes tied. I noticed no difference.

no difference than just a plain c section…you won’t even notice…I didn’t.

Had mine tied after 2nd csection no difference

They also circumsized my son as soon as he was born.

No it’s not more painful you can’t tell the difference

For me I was more sore and had a little more pain….everyone is different so

1 Like

It’s best to do it that away otherwise u have two diff surgery’s with healing

C section tubes tied same time no issues!! Normal pain from a c section.

1 Like

Let the husband do it easier on them !

Pain was no different for me.

I never felt a thing. Quick and painless.

Just like a regular c section for me. No extra pain

I done both at once no problem saves a second surgery

I’m having this done in Nov. I’ll let you know, then! :blush:

Mine was like having a regular c section… no pain at all.

To me it was just like my other c section

You dont even know its happening

I did and I think the pain just coincided with the C Section

I tried to but they wouldn’t let me.

Pain was the same no different

i had it done… went great

I had 4 c sections and i was fine after

I did it all at once normal recovery time.

Had no problems at all😊

Had a c section and had another c section with tubal. No difference.

Not for me because your already open.

Mine was like haveing a regular c section

It wasn’t a big deal at all

Had 3 C-sections and all of them are the same :blush::blush::blush:

No more pain, no longer recovery time and no second surgery bill!

No problem. You can’t tell the difference!!!

Best thing I ever did ! ! ! Not that bad .

My friend wanted it done with this last baby in December but they said they do not do it together anymore

Why not your open anyway

I didn’t notice any differences

I wanted to get it done while already opened up, a friend had hers done awhile after the birth, she got an infection

Nope, did it with my 3rd C-section. Best decision I ever made!

Tubes being tied dont hurt if you get it done with something that hurts worse. I got my hernia repair and tubes done together and my hernia repair process of inflating the abdomen hurts so much more!

No its yr nirmal pain w meds.

just same as previous 2

I had tubal with my 2nd c-section and it didn’t feel any different to me. Healed the same and pain level was the same.

I had mine done with my second c section! Recovery time was no longer… I did how ever feel pain on the inside where the tubes are. My sister had hers done and didn’t feel it at all. Everyone’s body’s different you may have a little extra pain you may not. Some people aren’t aware of it because of the normal c section discomfort/pain. Also my periods are heavier now and cramps are awful! I have irregular bleeding between periods now to

Only had one c section because of breech baby, my periods are awful since, was put on the pill 6 months after because I was bleeding more than I wasn’t. After 5 months stopped the pill to see what was going on, had one normal period and back to bleeding all the time. Had scans, nothing wrong :woman_shrugging:t3:
Also double check what sterilisation they are doing. One of my notes said tubes tied( when I was referred for my scan) but my section notes says my tubes have been removed. Which doesn’t make sense because the surgeon said if I wanted children in the future the reversal wouldn’t be done on the NHS we would have to pay, u can’t get a reversal from tubes removed so make sure u no exactly what they are doing

It is exactly the same as a regular cesarean section. You don’t feel anything from the tubes.

You have a chance of it not taking because your body is healing itself

I had 3 c_sections and a tubal ligation now Im 52 and done with menapause
No issues

No but I wouldn’t recommend getting tubes tied it’s got side effects ur periods hurt way worse

I had 3 c-sections. I had my tubes tied with the 3rd. My recovery was a little more difficult than the previous two. I was frequently nauseous and I was not quite as quick to get "back to normal ". (I was also 41 years old with the 3rd)

Had mine cut tied and burned with 2nd c section no difference in recovery time or pain

1 Like

Had my 3rd C-section and they took my tubes it’s the same recovery

I had it done and honestly I think it has a lot to do with the way the doctor ties, burns, ect…your tubes. I was in a ton of pain for almost a week because of all the air that was in my belly. I couldn’t stand up. My first 2 c-sections were a breeze compared to that lol

No you don’t even know. No pain

Didn’t make a difference still hurt

No difference for me 5 c sections n recovery for the last was the same as the first

No definitely not. I had 3 sections and got tubes tied when i had third

no big deal. a little sore.

No different than my other C-Section.

No its actually easier together than separate. When you just get your tubes tied they have to blow up everything with air to do it. When you get it done right after birth everything is already swollen.

I had 2 c-sections, With my tubes tied during the 2nd. I actually recovered better with the 2nd then the 1st…

I had my 3rd c-section and got my tubes tied and I had no issuse recovery time no different as for pain didn’t have any.

I’ve had 3 csections and sterilised on 3rd I didn’t experience any more pain and actually recovered quicker than the first 2

No. It was the same as my previous c-sections.

1 Like

No difference than previous sections :). I had my tubes tied. Happy with it.

I had 3 C-sections and on my last a tubal. Not alot of extra pain for me.

2 Likes

No different i had my tied back in march 2010

1 Like

Julia Payne I knew you would have an answer lol

1 Like

I had both done at the same time. My ob recommended it and I found it to be worth it so I wouldn’t have to have two surgeries. I was in pain anyway so it didn’t make any sense not too.

2 Likes

I am just shy of 6 weeks post partum right now with my 3rd c section with tubal. As of right now I think I have a hernia but that would be considered unrelated. The recovery has been about the same. I won’t know for 11 more days about what the lump by my belly button is because all three of my kids have covid.

I’ve had 3 sections and got my tubes “tied” my last one. The only difference I noticed was the gas pains (I know this can happen with just a section too, but I never experienced it). That was some of the worst pain I’ve been in! It presented as back and shoulder pain, it was bad but bearable. It lasted about 2 days and the meds they have me helped a lot.

No pain difference in recovery. I had 2 c-sections. Second one had my tubes ties. No extra issues.

1 Like

Thanks for asking this question! I’ll have mine done in December with my third c section I was curious if it would be any more of a recovery.

for me it was more painful on the third day but I also over did it… my periods are way worse now they were heavy before but now they’re worse and I wish I hadn’t done it… it is different for everyone though

I did. After it only hurt to get up to go to bathroom and I walked (pushed my baby in her cradle) around the ward. It really does help recovery. Whatever you do, DO NOT have the one where they go through the belly button. Every women I know that had it done that way still suffers to this day. I think they only do it that way if natural birth? Because they did the tubes for me after they took my daughter.

I cramped a little more when I had my tubes tied during caesarean but honestly it wasn’t too big of a difference to me :woman_shrugging:t4:

Recovery time was the same for me :grin:

Mine was the same, same recovery time, the pain was the same. 4th c-section.The only diff. Is my periods are heavier and i cramp more now.

About the same for me

It was the same until that first period came. It was like the devil himself was ripping out all of my insides.

This might be TMI but during a C-section usually the OB examines the tubes anyway. I would not imagine that hat cutting them would make any difference in the amount of discomfort you have afterwards. I would say just get it all done at once if you can.

1 Like

No different pain wise for me but I thought my 2nd c-section was a lot better cause I knew what to expect. I got up and out of bed a lot sooner and just over all better experience. But may of had something to do with the fact I had a 2yro I had to also take care of🤷‍♀️. I will say the periods after a tubal…horrible!!

Not for me at the time. 3 c sections and on 3rd one tube tied. Now, 5 yrs later I am dealing with horrible cramps at period time but I still wouldnt change getting it done for the sake of unplanned pregnancies and being a single mom.

Less for me. The first c section was very painful, the second one when I got my tubes tied was a lot less painful.

I had c-sections both times. During my second csection I had my tubes totally removed. I went home 24 hours post op. I don’t think the recovery from surgery was any different. My biggest struggle was not picking up my 3 year old (who was the size of a 5 year old) he loved to be picked up and rocked like he was a baby. I had to learn to tell him no and have him climb up to where I was sitting and sit or lay beside me for snuggles. And my husband took over lifting and “wocking” him.

Hard to say. It took longer for me to get back to normal, but i was also older than when I had the first two. I don’t think you should worry about it.

I had a C-section and a tubal ligation at the same time. I can’t say it was more painful, since the C-section was my first c-section. However, I had complications, lost a lot of blood and ended up with an infection…and had to be in the hospital for over 9 days with baby twin daughters.

Everything was the same for me except the resident taking out my staples was in a rush to answer a phone call and left a staple in which caused an infection at the incision site