Is having a c-section and getting tubes tied at the same time more painful?

No different for me.

I had my tubes tied and a c-sectionā€¦ I didnā€™t find it any more or less painful

Had my c section and tubal removal didnā€™t feel much different and didnā€™t have to go back for another procedure kill two birds with one stone I did.

No difference for me at all.

My first was a emergency C-section. My second was also planned a C-section, and I went into labor a little early. Ended in a C-section. I got my tubes tided as planned. Prepare for signing lots of extra papers! My recovery was better than the first. I knew what to expect as far as the CSection went. The extra added absolutely nothing extra recovery wise.

My OB recommends against getting both at once.

No I had it done. Nothing different from first c section. I did it so I wouldnā€™t have to go back for another surgery. 2 in 1

I had extra pain only because I had my tubes taken out and 5 c sections. The 5th was the worst.

Alii Visioli Alii Visioli

I had two c-sections and had my tubes removed after the second one.

I had 4 c sections and after my last had a tubal if all my births were like that last one i would of had more kids but i also had a pain pump

1 Like

Yes and a big mistakeā€¦

I had my tubes fully removed. No change in recovery from my first c section but my periods are awful now. A lot of cramping and very heavy which I never had prior to having my tubes done

I had two csections my second I got my tubes clamped. It didnā€™t feel more or less painful. Itā€™s the best time to do it

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is having a c-section and getting tubes tied at the same time more painful? - Mamas Uncut

Iā€™ve had 2 c-sections and my tubes tied with the second. Pain was no different for me.

24 Likes

Not any more painful than my first 2 c-sections. The first few days i was a little more sore/tender when i moved than i remember the other 2 times but nothing unbearable.

1 Like

For me, it was my 3rd c-section and got my tubes cut and tied. I was a more painful and longer recovery. I recommend an abdominal support wrap. It helped me a lot since I had two other kids at home as well.

2 Likes

It was no more painful then my first two C-sections. Much better then having another surgery to have tubes tied.

3 Likes

I had one natural and 2 c sections with the last one getting my tubes tied. I think I felt the same both times around.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had 3 c-sections. First was emergency and totally knocked out and second two were planned. Tubes cut, cauterized and tied on the last one. No difference in recovery. Pain only lasted for first 24 hours.

5 Likes

No problems at all. Couldnā€™t tell I had it.

5 Likes

I had a c-section and my tunes tied with my 3rd child. Fortunately it was an easy recovery for me. However, everyone does heal and deal with surgeries differently. I would recommend have your tunes tied if having a c-section as it is easier than having the separate surgery.
I wish you a easy delivery and a quick recovery.

1 Like

Nope, no more painful, no extra heal time. It was the best decision I made. It was done and didnā€™t have a second recovery time

8 Likes

It is actually easier than having a second surgery

10 Likes

For meā€¦ The pain was way worseā€¦ I was in pain for 2 weeksā€¦ Hurt like heck!! ā€¦ I had 3 C-sections, tubes tied with the 3rd C-sectionā€¦ First two C-sectionsā€¦ I was fine, no pain after the 2nd dayā€¦ But that 3rd one!! Lawd have mercy!!! It hurt to yawn, and donā€™t even think about coughingā€¦ So, I donā€™t know how some of you say it was no differentā€¦ For meā€¦ It was worse than the pain from my open heart surgery recovery I had at 15ā€¦

2 Likes

I got my tubes tied at the same time. I was wide awake because they froze me. I kept saying did you tie my tubes? Are you sure? My husband said he would go. I said thatā€™s how people have 7 or 8 kids, waiting for their husband to go. I set the whole thing up myself for the c-sectionā€¦:grin:

3 csections, tubes tied on last one. No difference in recovery at all.

3 Likes

I had my tunes tied with my third c section. I donā€™t think the pain was any worseā€¦until my then 5 year old kicked me in the stomach accidentally. I still have numbness in the area (6 years later) but I donā€™t think itā€™s because of having both procedures.

1 Like

First c section went rubbish as I lost a lot of blood. Due to my 21 year old son wiggling in Surgeons hands! Second one was planned c section and tubes done was absolutely fine was walking about putting on my makeup in two hours and stayed just one night.

1 Like

I had both done when I had my last child and it wasnā€™t any more painful then my first c-section with my second child~nothing to stress or worry about~just enjoy your new baby and donā€™t stress the rest of your pregnancy~just look forward to your new bundle of joy~

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had 3 c sectionā€™s
I had a tubal cut when i had my 3rd. I found the first 12 hrs or so after the pain was worse. But then it took me longer to heal and get goin

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had 3 emergency c-sections, tubes tied with my 3rd oneā€¦ depends on how tight they tie your tubes I guess. My post operation I had abdominal pain for couple weeks and bled heavily and when having my period abdominal pain is more severe every month and period becomes heavier for first 2 days.

I had 3 c sections. The pain was more intense each time the last time had my tubes done whoa glad that is done but remember everyone has a different out come

4 Likes

I had 2 c-sections and a tubal after the 2nd. Pain was a little worse, took about a week longer for me to get moving then the first go round. And by pain being worse, I mean more sore then the first

I had an emergency C section and tubes tied at the same time. The pain from the C section wasnā€™t really bad but the gas pains were horrible. As I understood it when they tied my tubes the same time as they did the C S they have you opened up a little longer so more air gets in and causes gas. I just tried to breath through the pain.

Never had a c section but had my tubes cut tied and burnt twice wasnā€™t that bad mowed my yard 2 weeks later

Nope not at all. It is so much better to get it done when you are open, then to go back and do it later.

Iā€™ve had 2 c-sec and had my tubal at the same time of my last at age 35. The c-sec was scheduled so it took about 45 min longer but they kept me comfy and talking so I hardly noticed. The pain level was the same but I healed from my c-sec faster, my pain from the tubal lasted longer! Not unbearable pain, but was taking otc medication for the first 8 weeks bc of it. Once it eased up I was fine!

I had 3 c sections. First two unplanned after going through labor. The last one I was although I was alot older, it was planned and I had my tunes tied at tge sane time. It was the easiest one. The key was no labor couldnā€™t even tell there was a difference with my tubes being tied. Youā€™ll do great.

4 c-sections, Each one was different. 2 and 4 were more painful but for different reasons. The last one i had my tubes removed and ended up with a hematoma in my abdominals (non- related). So, it was hard to tell.

Me too, same as the other sections, didnā€™t have any extra pain with it!

1 Like

Just like not having it done. Felt no different than the other two times.

1 Like

I had my tubes tied during my 3rd c section and the pain was about the same . I took my meds on time and I was okā€¦ Of course the c section will hurt in general but I honestly didnā€™t feel any different

I had 2 c sections with tubes tied during 2nd. I had more pain but I donā€™t know if it was from the tube being tied or it was 6years in-between surgeries and almost 30??

Iā€™ve had 4 C-Sections and had my tubes tied with my last, the pain was no worse than the last 3 I had.

I had a c- section and hysterectomy and it wasnā€™t any worse than a c-section three years before.

I have two c- sections. My last c-section I got my tubes tied. The pain of recovery was not bad at all. Itā€™s after that I had all the pain. My pms was horrible. I bled so much and was in so much pain when that time came. I got a lot of cysts on my overies. I had to go back 6 months later and had to get a complete hysterectomy. I am fine now. Iā€™m so glad I donā€™t have a period every month. I would get a hysterectomy if u know u done with wanting to have kids.

Iā€™ve had 5 sections and tubes tied. Getting tubes tied made no difference to recovery. The more sections I had the easier they were. My first and 2nd were emergency and last 3 elective. The first one was the worst as I wasnā€™t expecting it, but I got over it and I had 3 sections inside 34 months .

No difference for me but I had 3 c sections and with last one got tubes tied. Each time it was slower in healing and had to take things slower, but pain wise no different as long as you stay on top of your pain meds

I have 4 children. The last 3 were c-sections. Getting my tubes tied with the last c section was no different or worse in pain at all. It was better then going back for another surgery.

Honestly it was way less painful then my emergency csection. My recovery with my 7 year old took over 6 months to fully heal. My recovery time with my 2 year old took maybe 2 months and I had a planned csection/tubal with her.

On my 3rd c section I had my tubes done and the first 48 hours were extremely painful for me it was to the point it hurt to breath but after that it was like a normal c section

Had 4 c sections in 4 yrs. Had tubes tied after last one. Recovery was fine after all went home to 5 kids and a hard working husband.

1 Like

Having them both at once saves you from an additional surgical procedure with the risk of another anesthesia. Also, thereā€™s always
the chance of a pregnancy between your delivery and the opportunity to schedule a tubal. Stranger things have happened.

1 Like

Well would downtime be different for a c-section, tubes being tied and having an ovary removed? I know every woman is different, but just wanted to see who has had it done.

After my 1st c-section I didnā€™t want to move at all. Every little shift hurt. My 2nd c-section with tubal (it basically turned into a while youā€™re in there thing lol) standing slightly bent over in a HOT shower was a God send! Iā€™m sure I drove my nurses insane asking to take a shower every 15 minutes. But it helped me feel better.

For me, it was the same as my first c-section. Couldnā€™t tell a difference between the 2.

It felt the same to me, actually a bit easier, but it was also my third c-section so I knew what to expect

It wasnā€™t pain free as I got a hernia but it was a lot easier than having to have 2 ops I had bit done on Thursday and the following Monday I was collecting the other kids from school

4 c sections tubes tied on the last one. Pain not different other than takes longer to heal the older you get

Weā€™ll I had all 5 natural, got tubes tied 2 months after last baby so being cut for the first time that was the worse Pain I ever been in :flushed:

I had two C-sections and my tubes tied at the same time I didnā€™t have any problems I was getting up and walking around

The tubes only cause minor cramping whereas the C-section hurt horribly. I ended up having blood clots on the incision and didnā€™t fully heal until almost 3 months.

You wouldnā€™t know the differenceā€¦having a baby is a very painful experience c section or naturalā€¦after pain is real

1 Like

I only had one c section and my tubes tied at that time, but i had some pain on both side kind of inside(if that makes sense) and the doctor told me that was suture pain from the tubes but I donā€™t think it made anything worse

It is not more painful because you canā€™t feel anything different than you felt the first timeā€¦ After the first c section you know what to expect. It is usually less painful or you can tolerate it better because youā€™ve been thru it before.

No itā€™s a good thing I did and it was no worse than just having my other 2 c-sections

C section and tubes done at same time, not too bad, bearable and healed quickly.

No. It wasnā€™t any more painful to do both at the same time.

I just had my son two months ago and had c section and tubes tied I think I hurt more this time then my last one good luck

Nope. They just do it while you are still open. I had my done at the same time. Iā€™m glad I did it. I didnā€™t have to make a schedule.

No more pain than just a csection.convenient to get done while already in there.

I had that done years ago. The pain was no different.

I had both done after 5th child and was in really bad pain for at least a week but had other 4 naturally (no c section) so nothing to compare to)

I had a little soreness with both. But not bad at all.

Less expensive. Saving a second trip to surgery.

No of anything it heals at the same time so leas down time hope it goes well

I had two c-sections and had tubes tied on 2nd no difference in pain I actually got to go home a day earlier on 2nd c-section

I had 4 c-sections and my tubes tied on the 4th and pain was no different

Had tubs tied with my 3rd c-section felt the same as the other two.

1 Like

Had mine done when I had my 4th C-section, was sore for longer after but no increase in pain.

Didnā€™t hurt any more than the 1st c section to me

1 Like

I didnā€™t find having both at the same time was any worse.

Couldnā€™t tell any difference between my first and second one .

I donā€™t think so. I had my first natural, my second a c-section and my third a c-section and tubes tied. I couldnā€™t tell a difference pain wise.

Iā€™ve had 2 c sections, pain a lot better second time even with tubes tied.

Three C-sections, tubes tied on the third. No difference in pain level or recovery for me.

I never had a C section but when I got my tubes tied there was no pain at all.

There is ZERO PAIN having your tubes tied. I had my tubes tied on a Friday & Sunday had a party for my 2 year old.

Only thing with my was longer surgery beside it was same

Had tubes tied after 4th c-section. Absolutely no difference in recovery.

I had my tubes removed completely during my 3rd C-section and honestly it was worse. It took longer to feel better. But the medicine helped. As long as I stayed on top of it. And it was, to me, better than going back in for another surgery to have them removed. So, yes the pain was a little more intense but worth it knowing Iā€™m not having more kids. I love my babies but I donā€™t wanna add more lol. Mine are 9, 5, and 2. Iā€™m 32. Iā€™m done.

Mine was more intense but it was due to a lot of scar tissue (that had to be removed) from my 1st c-section

It was easy for me!! 3rd C-section and tubs tied !! No more pain than normal

I had more complications with my second than with my last after the c-section and tubal

It was 38 years ago but no more pain than the first c-section I had.

I did. Absolutely normal. No issues at all.

Make sure you wear the abdominal wrap as much as possible! It really helps those muscles.

Having a normal C-section. I had 2. Tubes tied during 2nd one. Had less pain on 2nd than the 1st.