Is it appropriate for a married man to be drinking in a hot tub with another woman?

Doesn’t seem suspect to me

1 Like

No I don’t think so I just got back from a friend weekend with my boyfriends friend group He was asleep his best friends girl was asleep and we stayed up with a guitar it was completely platonic. People are allowed to socialize and be friends with other genders if you’re at a party and they’re in conversation its just conversation. sounds more like you’re mad that you stayed in but I wouldn’t cause a fight over this.

Would he be okay if it was you and a man in the hot tub together?

2 Likes

Once everybody got out but them 2 you should of walked out there. You let it happen is how I look at it

Why would it be inappropriate? He’s having a casual conversation with someone.

2 Likes

No he should have been with his wife and child!

3 Likes

If you are going with a group of people they should all be people you trust. If you know nothing happened and you trust your spouse then why worry about it

4 Likes

It depends really. Would he be okay if the rolls were reversed?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t care because of the circumstances

1 Like

He should have came inside and watched yalls kids for you to go outside and enjoy the hot tub for a bit. I also feel that if you were with your inlaws. When they came in.
Why couldn’t they watch your children for you to go enjoy time with your husband?
Trust is important in a relationship, but this does sound inappropriate.

18 Likes

Oh hell no! I would’ve marched myself out there and told his ass to get inside with me! Very inappropriate!

That is sooooo NOT appropriate :bangbang::bangbang:

5 Likes

I was mad at the first sentence of this. I wouldn’t have that. No way!

3 Likes

I’m a very jealous person so I would probably freak out at first, but then in the end I trust my husband and know he wouldn’t do anything to hurt me. He’s your husband, you should be able to trust him to be around other women and not do anything stupid…. Unless something has happened in the past to give you reason to doubt his faithfulness. The best thing to do is talk with him about it. Not accusing, just tell him how you felt knowing he was talking with another women for so long so he realizes that you do feel insecure about it. That’s what I do and that’s how I’m getting over my jealousy, my husband knows what makes me jealous and he knows how to reassure me that everything is ok and he’s not going behind my back. Trust and communication is key to a good relationship.

If they are jusy friends and you and the family are there stating for holiday etc then there is nothing in it

“Do you think it’s very inappropriate?” Hahaha.

No, I can see how you would be jealous. But that’s when you get your ass out there and jump on in. Stop being insecure.

This is not a question everyone can answer. This is a personal answer. It’s based on if he has cheated before, how would he feel if it was you. But my question is why didn’t he offer to swap out so you could enjoy after he was there for while.

3 Likes

Not really. Most of my friends are guys because I don’t like gossip & stuff. If anyone sees me outside with their hubby I guarantee you’ve got nothing to worry about Lol :laughing: but I guess it really depends on your husbands personality.

After midnight?! How long was he out there? He should have watched your child & gave you a turn in the hot tub.

8 Likes

Very inappropriate. He should have excused himself and gone to the cabin

4 Likes

No it doesn’t look right

5 Likes

Wouldnt bother me. I trust my husband.

The question is: Why did your husband want to stay with the woman and not come in and let you go drink in the hot tub with the lady?

9 Likes

I don’t think it’s a jealousy issue more or a respect one. He should have acknowledged the fact that you haven’t been able to relax and either got out to spend time with you and LO or offered to switch off. That’s not cool on his end and yes I would be very upset by it.

7 Likes

This is why I’m single

3 Likes

Someone I trust it’s fine, a stranger absolutely not

I won’t share the photos but why do people associate hot tubs with debauchery?! :joy: I went to a party and spent the evening with several unmarried men in the hot tub. We had a great laugh and good conversation. Why didn’t you join them once the toddler was in bed? Sounds like you are just trying to find fault for him having a good evening.

1 Like

If that was me… I would have expected him to get out and come indoors and let me chill out in the hot tub for a while… the cheeky selfish sod

11 Likes

Undoubtedly yes, very inappropriate.

2 Likes

What’s the reason he didn’t come get you? Why couldn’t his mom watch the baby so you could go out with them? Or why didn’t he go watch the baby so you could have stay in the hot tub with the girls husband alone? That is inappropriate. I guess the convo was that good that he forgot about you inside. Hell to the nawwwwww

4 Likes

She should have just gotten in too once her toddler was in bed.

6 Likes

I would have put a bathing suit on the toddler and gotten in with him and let him splash away!! :joy::sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops:

11 Likes

Do you not trust your husband? I would look at your insecurities first and work through those. I don’t find it inappropriate unless there were advances made or if there is a history of infidelity

5 Likes

Hes definitely fucking her

Yes .He should have gotten out when everyone else did.

10 Likes

You already know the answer, that’s why you’re asking…it didn’t feel right because something about it wasn’t right.

22 Likes

Maybe I’m the odd one out BUT I trust my husband and find absolutely nothing wrong with it!

7 Likes

Hell yes!!! I’d snatch that bitch ballheaded!!! Him too!

For me in this situation I would say no. They were all in the hot tub and some left, I don’t think its necessary for your husband to leave just because he’s left in there with a woman unless he can’t control himself. I assume it wouldn’t be an issue to you if everyone left the hot tub except for your husband and another guy. It’s not like they decided just the two of them to go sit in the hot tub and drink. If it bothered you at the time you should have went out to ask when he was coming in or if you could take a turn in the tub.

1 Like

Nope not by themselves especially drinking maybe if it were with the guys but another woman hell no. He should have had enough respect to got out when everyone else did n went in with his wife n child. No married man should put hisself in that position js.

8 Likes

Inappropriate for sure.and disrespectful

8 Likes

Nope. Not respectful to you or the other guy!

2 Likes

I think the correct thing for him to do in that situation was excuse himself and go be with you, and vice versa…if it was you left alone with a man around your age.

12 Likes

Depends on their relationship but if they only know each other casually or had just met propriety should have made them both get out.

2 Likes

It’s a bit weird but if you were able to see them and know they weren’t doing anything weird then I’d say I’d not a have a problem. If they were flirty or inappropriate then I’d make an issue out of it myself.

Personally my husband chooses not to be around women alone unless I’m around. I think your husband should have done the same that’s wrong.

15 Likes

If that had been my husband he would be single. :laughing:

1 Like

Yes it’s wrong he should have never stayed when everyone else went inside period

8 Likes

He should have gotten out when everyone else did and checked on you and the child and asked you if you wanted to switch places with him or bring the child back to the hot tub since there was only one other person in the hot tub now.

23 Likes

Hmm it is a bit inappropriate … he should have spent time with you and your toddler imstead

6 Likes

I don’t know. I’ve literally been there with an ex bf and his brother’s wife’s sister in a pool hanging out. Turns out they were banging.

If there is true trust in a relationship then it shouldnt be a problem besides maybe checking on you.

1 Like

Some of yall need better partners

1 Like

Yeah I would have flipped :eyes::grimacing:

1 Like

Forget trust…that’s inappropriate!!

9 Likes

I don’t see a problem with it.

So instead of helping you or taking a turn so you could enjoy some girl time… he chatted with another woman instead?

10 Likes

Nah I would have been upset

5 Likes

My husband wouldn’t be in the tub without me at all, but that’s just how we are. To each their own.

6 Likes

I’d be more pissed off I was stuck with the toddler tbh haha

6 Likes

The amount of insecurity on this page :sweat_smile: if you all feel this way you shouldn’t be married

4 Likes

Nah. He should’ve left when the others left. It’s not even about trust. It’s about respect.

18 Likes

Nope wrong
He should have hoped out

2 Likes

Mom with toddler probley could have used the time with her husband. Sometimes men don’t think about stuff like that. It’s possible they haven’t had that much time alone to “talk”. The friend should have offered to watch toddler

1 Like

I think it you feel so offended you have to make a Facebook post, you already knew the answer before typing. This is also a personal thing. If you’re a jealous woman, than yes it’s inappropriate, but if you’re not jealous and have no worries than bully you. Also, having a toddler doesn’t excuse you from having fun. If there are two of you, than two of you can do the job of watching the toddler. Speaking as a man, it’s not his fault someone didn’t come and get him and tell him they wanted to relax. It’s his fault for not thinking of it, but If it was an all day or all night event, you had more than enough time to tell him your wants. I’m sorry, but the husband isn’t to blame here and anyone that thinks so obviously doesn’t tell their spouse when they are annoyed or feeling disrespected. My folks taught me communication is key. How is anyone supposed to know without telling them. I’m sure you making a Facebook post for millions to see is literally just as bad, because every woman and their Oma is gonna be on the woman’s side. Just spitting facts, don’t call me a woman hater.

7 Likes

No…jealousy is very ugly trusting is key and why is it wrong to have a conversation with another adult

You handled this situation a lot better than I could ever.

2 Likes

Yep… thats not inappropriate but also disrespectful to you!

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know. My husband would never do that. If there wasn’t anything going on but friend type stuff though I don’t see a problem. I can see how it would be uncomfortable for you though.

2 Likes

If it bothered you, you should’ve say something and if you did and he didn’t see nothing wrong about it, then, it’s time for you to get back at him so he can feel how you felt. In my eyes if it was me, and my kid was asleep I would have come out there and told him to come to bed with you. That’s when you notice their behavior

1 Like

It’s inappropriate for me to say what I would do on here…

2 Likes

No it is not appropriate, next time ,go interrupt his bad behavior.

Your husband should have gotten his butt out of the hot tub out of respect for you​:rage: mine of 42 years would have had a knot on his head no bc of jealousy but bc of disrespect and he could have easily came in and watch your toddler and let you go relax in the hot tub :bath: just bc there wasn’t anything happening no think people weren’t noticing his disrespect!

Depends what she looks like :rofl:

7 Likes

Yes I would say it’s a tad inappropriate. Even if it was innocent enough it’s still pretty weird. It would be different if they knew the couple prior and it was just all of them hanging out.

2 Likes

Husband should have been more considerate of you in my opinion. Also it would have been nice if his dad and stepmom had offered to watch the toddler

3 Likes

Married men can have friends too. The question is not if it is appropriate but rather if you trust your man or not. My husband has friends who are female and works mainly around females but I don’t get my panties in a twist about it cus I trust him.

3 Likes

Men often don’t think before they act . Personally wouldnt have been happy. Not because I thought he was cheating but because he was so fricken inconsiderate

4 Likes

No it’s not!!! I’m out, your out too. What the hell you got to talk about with a stranger that damn long?

Yes, very inappropriate. The husband should have known better and not stayed there alone with the other woman. I, as the wife, would have given him 5 min and then gone out and said I needed help inside with the toddler.

1 Like

No it’s not appropriate and pretty disrespectful to leave u watching the kid while he’s out living his best life

1 Like

Are you fuckinv kidding me!!??
Like he’s going to cheat on you when you can see him???
These posts are getting out of hand!
They weren’t naked either!:woman_facepalming::joy:

4 Likes

Not appropriate at all

2 Likes

Totally inappropriate!

2 Likes

Ummm no not unless it’s a family member!!

Christy Benton

Why put yourself in a position where things can become awkward? It’s not about trust or insecurity. What if one of them says or does something to give the other one the green light? Of course it’s not gender specific. What do you do now? Do you tell their spouse? Do you tell yours? Now everyone’s feeling awkward around each other. Plus, I don’t go on vacation to hang out with someone else’s wife. I’m not saying follow each other around like a lap dog but remaining in a hot tub long after the wife and baby are probably asleep now? No. Finish your drink and excuse yourself. Or invite them back inside to be closer or within earshot in case the wife needs something. I’d just avoid the whole situation. It’s just proper manners.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why some of you ask these questions and expect validation from total strangers, instead of talking to your partners

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean it’s kind of inappropriate and then there is the whole leaving you with your child alone. It’s half his kid, too, and therefore half his responsibility. He could have went in for awhile and then let you go.

1 Like

Only if you don’t trust him

2 Likes

It’s not like they met up TO be in the hot tub together, he wasn’t hiding anything, everyone else left them there and he was right there with you feet away. Could drinking have impaired his judgement to how long continuing the convo should go? Sure. Was he doing anything BAD? No. I wouldn’t be too upset since this just happened and they weren’t hugged up, just enjoying a good convo what must have been really cool and enjoying drinking. Why should they stop enjoying the amenities because others were done? If the toddler was sleeping you could have come out to enjoy the hot tub too

5 Likes

I would be angry my husband left me to be the only parent taking care of the kids. I would lose my shit! Good luck to you. Just remember. Communication is also best.

Depends on the situation if as he went out with a random woman only he knew and stayed up drinking in a hot tub all night I wouldn’t like it but if they are mutual friends I don’t really see anything wrong with it gotta have trust! Just depends there are a lot of things I would have done before I got with my fiancé that I thought were harmless that now I know he wouldn’t like so I try to be mindful of his feelings and he does the same for me but now that he really knows how my family and my friends are I don’t think he would get upset about a lot of things that he used to before he really knew that he could trust me and before he understood how close we all are. Now that I know I can fully trust him there is not much he can do that I will get upset about or worry about but some people aren’t so lucky if you’ve had to worry about cheating in the past than you’re kind of screwed in that area forever.

1 Like

Would he not care if it were the opposite scenerio?

I would be fine if she were my good friend, but some girl he didn’t know with him in the hottub till midnight and likely both with a good buzz? Nope. This isn’t even so much a jealousy thing but more a respect thing. My fiance wouldn’t have appreciated it if it were turned around, either.

I wouldn’t be comfortable but that’s because that’s just me lmao. Considering that it was a group thing but for the fact the others got out. I wouldn’t make it a big issue. I’d hold it in. They were also in public view.
Something similar happened to me when it was just myself and a dude. I sat all the wayyyy as far as I could to the other side. His wife is a cool chick and I would never ever want her to be uncomfortable. I’m sure she wasn’t but just in case. I also got out soon afterwards when he came in.

I think if the spouses hadn’t been there in the first place, inappropriate but If they wanted to get out and it was just friendly conversation… Eh, not a big deal

2 Likes

No?? They were talking and having some drinks. Nothing happened. They’re loyal to their SOs. People are allowed to have friendships and conversations with the other sex without it leading to something more. Yall need to quit being so insecure.

There’s a " Rat" in the wood pile :-1:

Yes it is inappropriate

1 Like

I have not read all the comments however… I think the bigger issue here is why did He not take turns with the toddler? He could have been in the tub for awhile then Mom takes a turn… don’t know him however he seems pretty selfish… hanging out with friends and then solo while his wife takes care of the kids?

No a good sign

10 Likes