Is it ever appropriate to show up with ecstasy to a family event?

I wouldn’t take my kids to be around that… not my thing and never will be!! Do what you want? Who cares what anyone else says!!

4 Likes

While I can understand your concern. Him taking drugs and passing out is not endangering your kids as he is not providing their primary care. You are.

7 Likes

You have two options:

1. Turn them in to the authorities
  2. Just stop attending

It’s obviously several family members taking drugs. The boyfriend is just the supplier.

5 Likes

You feel the way you feel. You don’t need anyone to validate your feelings. Stop going to these family events if they make you uncomfortable. Why put yourself in the same situation over and over? Is it worth it? Are you having fun? Letting your children play/see cousins is your priority and not their safety? Also, I am sure you can make time for kids to see each other outside family events if that is your concern.

1 Like

I’d be avoiding family functions all together. Sounds like an environment I wouldn’t want to be around and certainly wouldn’t want my children around

9 Likes

I jus want to say, trippy Things have been PROVED to help with PTSD, postpartum depression and many kore things but y’all wanna be quick to judge… to each his own bit do your research.

8 Likes

You are perfectly right to feel as you do. First and foremost is the responsibility of protecting your babies. It’s mother’s instinct and there’s absolutely not one person who can fault you. If they do then they have issues and are putting their children in danger. Keep being the fierce mama bear you are!!!

10 Likes

Idk… I guess I’d rather attend a fun party family event like this instead of mine where everyone sits around judging each other and forming phony little cliques & alliances

36 Likes

The fact that everyone in the family is basically okay with this is concerning. I’d stay away completely

8 Likes

Its not just him though, it seems to be your whole family engaging in these activities. I would keep my child from ANYONE who is actively on drugs and at any functions where drugs are being used. But I wouldn’t hold it against just 1 person, it would be all of them.

7 Likes

Concerned for the children at these parties. Pets too. Very easy for these to get in the wrong mouths! Enabling & supporting illicit drug usage, illegal activity and distribution can lead to being an accessory to crime. Why not invite an undercover officer to next gathering (?)

3 Likes

No definitely not in the wrong. Put your foot down stop attending. Yes it may strain the relationship but that has to be a firm boundary you are not going to cross. If he wants to go he can go without you and the kids. He will either go alone and continue without you and it will eventually cause you to breakup or he will maybe go again or not and realize how ridiculous it is and then will stop attending and support you etc…

2 Likes

He is a pusher : Someone who pushes people to take drugs so that he can later sell them to them.
This is very inappropriate behaviour at a family gathering with children
Especially shrooms or other psychothropes, which can lead to visual hallucinations and paranoia
That they would gather amongst adults , and do them , it’s their problem
They’re adults
But that you would bring your kids amongst this no
I know you would want your kids to see their cousins , but put your foot down
I would stop going with my children altogether, as long as drugs and such behaviour are accepted
They can think the f… they want
And maybe they’ll tell you you’re a joykiller, be the responsible parent
If they all want to run after their lost childhood , their problem
They will go down from their trip the day one of the children eats one of the shrooms , and no one is clear enough to drive them or even walk them to hospital , let alone call a doctor or ambulance , cause they would know they f… up big time, and the police will get involved
Show them these posts
Maybe it’ll open their eyes

3 Likes

If you don’t want your family involved then don’t be involved. As far as the rest of the family… unless the children are not being cared for… Ex. There is not a sober adult caring for them… don’t be concerned and just take yourself away from the situation you don’t wanna be in. We all have this choice.

Question is why not call CPS ? You know there is drugs at this party with minors and sexual overtones spoken God forbid something happens to the kids . Avoid people like that and environments that can harm your family .

5 Likes

100% agree with you. I wouldn’t want my son around that kind of behaviour either. It’s dangerous and not at all appropriate to be around children.

If your family are saying that you are wrong for feeling this way and putting your children’s safety first then they don’t deserve to be in their lives either. Sorry to be blunt but if they are willing to put your children at risk then they don’t respect you or your children

6 Likes

No you are never ever in the wrong for putting your kids safety first. Imagine how you would feel if your children took one of these, and you never know what’s in them. They could be laced with heroin or fentanyl. So your child overdoses and you’ll live with that the rest of your life. This “sister-in-law and her boy toy” should have the law called on them. My heart sank reading this.

3 Likes

Put ur foot down an don’t lift it for any of them.
Why haven’t the police been informed of this, I am absolutely dead against drugs an especially round children.
We are often told to “break the circle” I know this generally refers to sexual assault /assault but it is right across the board.

4 Likes

This is a real question? Because the answer SEEMS like common sense…

3 Likes

Why would you put yourself in that position? Let alone your children? Wow. If it was an adult party do whatever but I wouldn’t want to be the one calling 911.

1 Like

No!!
What you’re doing is right protect you kids from ever having these drugs handed out to them, other family should be the same where there kids are involved.
If your family don’t respect that then they’re not worth it…

Nope not at all in fact I would refuse to go to these family functions if they were there

It’s not exceptional. Yr family are teaching Yr kids that drug use is normal.

1 Like

Wait are you legit asking if it’s ok for illicit drugs to be done around children? I’m concerned that you need others opinion on this… why would ANYONE think this is acceptable. What adults do in their own time is one thing but Jesus fucking Christ why is this even a question??

1 Like

Nope. Never. Ever! Would I do such things when Kids are around. They don’t understand whats happening there. and they should never ever see a passout (worst case) because of something like this

It’s not okay. Yes, there are consenting adults there but I’m keen to think of the kids who shouldn’t be exposed to this bullshit

12 Likes

Leave immediately and never go back . You’re putting your custody of the children at risk. Knowing drugs are involved anything could happen to you or the kids.

Sounds like you are the only one who has an issue with it if other members actively participate in taking drugs as well.

Time to avoid family functions if that is the case. Because it’s not just him that is the issue

7 Likes

Never acceptable! Good for you for staying away!

No they are wrong. I suggest you start making other holiday arrangements.

Some questions need not be asked…Look into your soul.

you know what the RIGHT thing to do is without me telling you.

1 Like

Keep your foot firmly down he is a sleazy drug user and dealer keep away. If the police raid the home during mid drug using session you could also be arrested for exposing your children to risk of harm

1 Like

There’s been some stupid ‘is this ok’ questions on this page but this is up there!!! What a ridiculous thing to ask if it’s ok. Use your brain.

1 Like

Your first priority is your own family, especially your children. Go with your gut!

You’re absolutely correct in thinking it’s inappropriate, especially with children present! I would ask him and others using to leave and if they didn’t, I would call LEO and he would be arrested. Suppose in his and other participants drugged state a child were to find some stash and ingest it! An extremely dangerous situation. He’d already be in jail if it was me or my family! Your children are to precious, to be endangered like that! Is he the type of role model you want?

You’ve done the right thing by avoiding them! Do not feel remorse at all as you’re protecting your family

The fact that you need to ask should tell you something.

1 Like

No……and you know that already!

Why is this even a question?!

1 Like

The fact u have to ask this question is a worry wtaf

1 Like

Stay aware of these people

No it isn’t, I’d be out of there fast.

1 Like

I think you know the answer to all of these questions.

1 Like

Id call cfs thats not ok in the least.

It is illegal to do drugs. If there was a raid your children could be taken by Childrens’ Services.

Boycott family events and catch up with them during the day when there’s no drugs

…that’s terrible :upside_down_face: where is this SIL’s boyfriend at?

1 Like

Stick to your guns on this.

Why can’t I have family problems like this? :rofl::rofl:

Where was this guy when I was doing shrooms and E in high school?! :joy:

But honestly, just stop going to those family functions. You don’t really need to explain yourselves considering everyone there partakes in it. Use the typical work excuse like when a coworker asks you to cover their shift:
“Oh I would come, but my uncle’s cousin’s hamster died and I can’t.” Haha.

I get it. It’s normal in a lot of families. All drugs. Prescription as well. Generations of alcoholics and drug addicts who normalize it and surround themselves with like minded people to justify it.
You will synchronize to the people and things you surround yourself with. Show me your friends and I’ll show you your future. It may be time to end the cycle and give your kids a different future and there is nothing wrong with that. Don’t let power in numbers justify wrong behavior. A lot of people had some terrible beliefs in Germany not so long ago.

1 Like

Sounds to me like the entire family is a problem for you. If I were you, I’d just cut myself from all of that. Ignorance is bliss.

I mean I think there were things given out at my family functions too. Just didn’t realize until I was older. But just weed. Not saying it’s good but that’s the only thing I’ve caught wind of. Seems like a thing people do.

Made to feel as if? No. You feel like you feel. Nobody “makes” you feel anything. You are uncomfortable at the “family gatherings” with good reason. Don’t go and make your peace with this.

1 Like

You and your husband are the caretaker and responsible parents and protectors of your children and or any minor who is under your agreed upon supervision . If it is ever informed to any law enforcement and or protective services of these practices when there are minors present could be considerd child endangerment. And remember when you present ecstacy or other drugs and alcohol to adults and only adults no matter how responsible we all like to think we are well hate to say it but it is simply a bad idea if you or yhe crowd are swingers or live within an open marriage then it sounds like s good party but anything ither it is setting the stage for some possible bad outcomes ! So relationship or not stand on your morals and teach your children about everything that can and does present its self in life after all you wont be there every time your children may have to make their own decisions so arm ghem with knowledge as well as things can be good and bad it all is how we manage them yhings in moderation no matter what it is or desires we have should be fully understood how they can and will affect us and those others involved so teach them well

1 Like

Just don’t turn up when you know he’s going to be there

2 Likes

Really? You need to ask.

1 Like

Emma Parker Marie Parker :joy:

1 Like

All it takes is one dropped pill and an innocent kid loses their lives, you wouldn’t see me or my kids for dust where this person is present

1 Like

Blood doesn’t mean family. Cut the toxic shite out. And that’s coming from someone who has experimented and has friends who partake so I personally have no problem with it either, but if children, animals, the elderly or disabled are being put at risk that’s where the line is drawn. Anyone who cannot decide for themselves shouldn’t be put at risk. That simple.

Quick question…. Is their liquor being served at these functions ? I’m pretty sure ya didn’t have a problem with drinks. Even tho alcohol is falls into the same exact category as the other “ party favors”. It’s been yrs and now u don’t want your kids around it. Lol seems like u just don’t like him. Which is weird because u don’t have the same energy for the family members who’s also using. If u don’t like it stay home it’s simple. Go meet new friends who don’t do any type of substance throw your kids boring get togethers that ppl would probably not come to. And stop complaining about adults doing what they wanna do.

2 Likes

If you tell me where that after-party is and when, I’m more than wiling to drop by and have a nice talk with him. Just trying to do the good thing.

I mean I agree drugs and kids don’t go together ever. I don’t see anything wrong with him doing them not around kids but with kids being there I just am not one to agree with it. I understand your feelings.

Nope you’re right. Take your kids and go

1 Like

I wouldn’t be attending these events anymore :woman_shrugging:

I wouldn’t attend any functions as long as he’s there.

If u need answer on this u are just same as him .

How is this even a question?! :flushed:

Don’t show to events he attends.

Dob them into the cops. Give the cops a heads up for the next family gathering. Disgusting behavior in general let alone around children.

2 Likes

Well, not his fault many e your family is dull and boring and that’s the only way they can tolerate it

1 Like

You are the one putting your kids in danger by attending said gatherings abd why are you blaning SIL and boyfriend. Everybody is taking drugs he’s just a mule

Can’t beat em join em

1 Like

Your husband’s family sounds like trash and your SILs boyfriend is a bozo

1 Like

Sounds like all though he started the after parties the other adults are wanting to join in and blow off steam. How ever I agree with you not around the kids. Trust your gut maybe try talking to them sil and bf and explain how it makes you feel and you worry for the kids.

Fuck that! Screw them

You can’t tell people what they can or cannot do, but at the same time, you don’t have to be a part of it or encourage it if what they are doing is dangerous and/or illegal. You have a responsibility towards your family and their safety and you need to put your foot down where it’s necessary and this definitely sounds like a situation where you must put your foot down and say “no”.

Take some get naked spread cut loose moma you know you want to party like it’s 1999.

as long as there not causing any physical harm to anyone mind your own business and move on with your life very simple concept

1 Like

Did you HONESTLY just ask a Facebook group if it’s ok for kids to be present where drugs are being passed out like candy?!

2 Likes

How about not doing drugs. Your family has issues.

1 Like

I feel like hes the uncle knob head of the family. And let’s face it, all families have an uncle knob head :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Wtf … are you serious?..

1 Like

I promise you, the weird boyfriend is not going to share his very expensive drugs with your children and if they were to ever put a shroom in their mouth they would immediately lose interest in them forever. Keep an eye on your kids, don’t experiment if you don’t want to and loosen up a little. This is free entertainment you’re passing up on.

NTA… your whole family sucks. There is a time and place and these types of drugs they are using can cause extreme hallucinations and irrational thinking… this isn’t smoking a joint or having a glass of wine after the kids are in bed… these are hard and dangerous drugs and your family could get their kids taken away just from having them in their possession around their kids let alone partaking in them. This is extremely irresponsible and concerning. It would be one thing if it was an adult only party… fine, whatever… but while the children are in the house?! No. Nta… protect yourself and your children and keep them far from these activities and people. I’m sorry. It would really suck to just want to get the kid’s together, hang out with your loved ones, and have a family friendly gathering and then have to deal with this…

Are you freaking kidding me? It’s one thing for consenting adults to use…that’s whatever. But to bring those drugs around children and then even partake while the children are present is irresponsible, dangerous, and ignorant. This isn’t have a beer or glass of wine, or smoking a joint… these are hallucinogenic drugs that you don’t know for sure how you’re going to react to no matter how many times you’ve used them. You also have no way of knowing what’s in the ecstacy pills. To say that it’s not a danger to have around children is insane. To say that if that child then gets ahold of one of those drugs its “oh well, they’ll never do it again” and it’s free entertainment?! I sincerely hope you’re trolling

So your nieces and nephews stay in danger…

There are so many red flags about the situation, passing drugs around kids, not keeping his sexual interest to his girlfriend, and the fact that he has identified a whole family group that allows him to mentally incapacitate them all and attack the one person with enough wherewithal to understand this is repulsive. The OP’s family sounds about as dangerously niave as the Abducted at Plain Sight parents.

Safer than going to a doctor for a papsmear I Say but no one can call the cops about that huh seriously people bigger problems than almost all the things u get arrested for but u wanna call the cops on a good time

3 Likes

Get video proof and show the cops

You are in no way wrong for feeling this way. F your family if they are going to judge you for doing what’s right for YOUR own family. Make your own family traditions with your children. I would stop going, if it’s not feeding yours and your families growth then it’s a waste of time.

11 Likes

It’s possible your SIL BF is using mushrooms as a form of micro dosing for mental health reasons. I can see by your wording and blame game you aren’t educated in the benefits of those. Ecstasy? Do they even make that anymore? That’s like an old word for it. But MMJ (legal) and mushrooms (legal) and it sounds like since it’s been years…. Might need to see why you are still attending if it’s that big of a deal to you?

So you should never be bringing drugs to family events. But it sounds like the family likes it when he does. So yeah I wouldn’t be going around them at all anymore either.

4 Likes

Stop putting your kids in that environment.
You know it’s going own. It’s not worth them being exposed that way just to enjoy the cousin!

It’s not just the sil boyfriend to blame plenty of others to blame as well.

Unless he’s forcing them to take them

5 Likes

I would call the police

8 Likes

You’re not the wrong!

2 Likes

Smash his ankles as a first warning… move up as required.

5 Likes

It’s sad that the whole family is partaking. Like others have said you can’t place the blame solely on the SIL bf. All the other people do it too and I’m sure they all have kids. It’s not right but you aren’t going to stop them. They are grown adults who like to party. Just don’t go to these events. You know what is going on but continue to attend these get togethers. I get you were leaving before the “after party” but why go at all if you feel like it’s a danger to you and your kids?

2 Likes

Sounds like the whole family parties. I’d stay away from all of them.

1 Like