Is it ever appropriate to show up with ecstasy to a family event?

I used to dr*** started at 12 years old. Family members influenced them like they were the best thing ever. I do not let those family members near my son this is a very serious situation I would be kicking someone’s a** and calling police. Children are very easily manipulated. Again I was 12 and told to do them by 20-28 year Olds in the family because they were so “cool”. It nearly ruined my life I had OD by the time I was 13. I am so thankful I got away from those people and have been 5 years sober. If this is real you know what to do.

2 Likes

I’m in recovery from drug addiction, so this type of thing is a big no no for me! Even if I wasn’t this shouldn’t be happening in the presence of children :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Call the police on him. Why the hell is he passing out illegal substances at all let alone around kids. What a loser.

4 Likes

Your children come first……screw what people think or say. Your obligation as a mom is to do your best for your children. You should keep them away from all of them. Your Children will grow up thinking taking drugs is the norm.

3 Likes

Why would you even attend? That is the weirdest thing I’ve ever heard. It’s not an adult party. It’s a family event.

3 Likes

No. His behavior and anyone else else that does drugs in the presence of children are in the wrong.

2 Likes

Nope! I wouldn’t be attending anything with him ever again. That’s cray

3 Likes

1.x is old …now its acid. 2.i HIGHLY doubt old boy is handing out a mim.30buck hit like candy … shrooms is like edibles. Not a big deal. Soooooo where do you live that drugs is so cheap you can give as a party favor? Research purposes only.

Also I bet you believe the Halloween thing too huh?

“Beware ppl are giving out drugs that look like candy”

3 Likes

I personally would stop going to events all together. I wouldn’t give a reason I would just stop going. If someone were to ask why I’d simply say I don’t feel comfortable with the drug use around me and my children so we just choose not to come instead of asking you all to not do it.

1 Like

Jesus. This is a family party? Sounds like a rager! Wtf?!?

Neither myself nor my kids would be around this man, ever.

Stay the hell away from there and them. WHAT IF’s can always happen, you don’t want to find out. You’re in the right. Your kids your call YOUR choice. WHAT if the house got raided while you were there? WHAT if God forbid one of the children got ahold of some of the drugs. Do the right thing and stay away.

Is…is this a real question? Are we being punked? STOP GOING IF YOU AREN’T COMFORTABLE! Make arrangements for the cousins to come to your house occasionally if you want them to spend time together. If the other adults have a problem with you not attending family events after you’ve laid out why, that’s their issue. Don’t ruin your peace, period.

1 Like

The entire family sounds like shit. I’m all for a good time, but wait til the kids are gone or asleep. I would just stop going to family events and stop having contact with any of them.

Just don’t go. Boom. Problem solved.

2 Likes

I feel like this is a normal part of family functions. :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Why are you worried about losing a relationship with your SIL or other family members??? I’d be more concerned about losing the 10 children that are months old to 12!!! Get real and do the right thing by your family.

4 Likes

Absolutely not. You are protecting your family. They don’t need to be around that at all.

I’d have a talk with Sister and inform her that you love her and will be their for her, however untill she looses the boyfriend, you will be keeping yourself and family safe and that means going no contact with them and who ever else that you need to do that with in the family. Over the phone wound be the dest in my opinion.
Your doing the right thing.

1 Like

i mean sometimes maybe lol

1 Like

I do not think he eoukd be allowed at the event …everrrrr

1 Like

Lmfao !! I swear there’s no way this page is real, the questions on here get stupider by the day

9 Likes

Stop going to events. It’s a major dangerous situation. Bathroom Rotation? Wow what happens when a child goes in there and gets the drugs. I would call the police the next time there is a party.

1 Like

No, no and no… this isnt okay in the slightest. I wouldnt attend any family events with him either and probably wouldnt with the ones who allow this behavior either, even if they didn’t partake in the drug use. And zero explanation should be needed, it’s common sense you dont bring and or do drugs around kids.

4 Likes

Sounds like they like him better cuz he has the drugs

Only if you’re a person who uses ecstasy in a family who uses ecstasy and the theme of the party is ecstasy.

You choose

Nope.

Stay far, far away.

What happens if a pill gets dropped by some high idiot and a child picks it up and eats it?

Now… tell me if that child picks up a pill that’s been laced with phentanyl.

Whole different ball game.

Nope. NEVER feel bad or change your strategy when it comes to protecting your children.

Ever.

12 Likes

Is this really even a question.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t even attend. That’s bizarre, and not normal for family events.

3 Likes

I just read the first question. Didn’t bother with the rest. Why did you ask? Is someone out there really going to say, “oh yes. Showing up with illegal drugs to a family event is ok in the right circumstances.” :thinking:

But go on with your vent and realization that you should probably set some boundaries.

4 Likes

I don’t think he is the only one with a problem in this situation. Sounds like any of them participating in the drugs or being okay with this are a problem.

7 Likes

What in the trailer park bumpkins is going on in your family? Lol.

11 Likes

Next party make an anonymous call to the police just before you leave. There’s obviously no respect from their end so no need to feel any guilt in doing so.

10 Likes

I know I have a couple cousins who “smoke”… But if they disappear it is done very discreetly. The party your family is having sounds more like an adult party… I wouldn’t want my kids there either.

9 Likes

So aside from the fact that it seems this gets passed around like party favors, I have 2 problems. Well more than 2 but these 2 are the biggest.

1. Something gets dropped in the bathroom and one of the kids gets a hold of it.
  2. Police show up due to a noise complaint or something and you a long with everyone else gets busted and you get in deep shit for “endangering the welfare of a child” for just having your child in a house where this is going on.
    Honestly if it were me, as soon as I saw it started happening I’d grab my husband and kid and leave and throw out an anonymous tip to police that major drug activity is going on at 1234 main St.
    But that’s what I would do. And if I lose some family members in the process, so be it. My husband, child nor myself don’t need that type of stress in our lives.

No. Stand your ground

I would never bring my kids around s people I know are doing drugs like that. What if BIL is to messed up and drops one of those pills and a little one eats it? I would never ever put my kids in that situation.

5 Likes

Is it just this one man getting high at these parties? Or other family members as well? The way you worded your post, it seems that one man isnt the only one to blame. Others are getting high as well and everyone is allowing it. This seams like a whole family issue. That would also answer why they want you to make nice with him

5 Likes

Honestly u should probably just keep ur kids away from that whole mess cause it sounds like everyone is down with dudes party style if it’s been going on for 6 years. They are obviously well aware and allow him to continue to bring the stuff for judging by ur post for everyone there and himself. I don’t think u are gonna change that especially if they do that around their own kids.

4 Likes

Yall remember when baby Liam got into Fionna’s coke on shameless???

Nah. I’d be calling the cops

7 Likes

Your family sorry to say, have no morals, and no integrity whatsoever, they sound like a right bunch of morons, don’t compromise yourself or your family just to please others, don’t go to these get togethers , stay away!!!

3 Likes

Well….
Our family are pot heads. That happens all day long at gatherings but there’s always a few of us that don’t just in case.

We also drink at family gatherings to some degree. But again we always have some who don’t drink even a drop. I think within the family we all rotate to make sure the children’s safety is top priority.

But our family also isn’t hard drugs and your situation doesn’t seem reasonable.

5 Likes

You shouldn’t go ever.you know these family parties are not appropriate for children. You should report all the adults there too putting their innocent children in harms way. That’s kind of criminal.

2 Likes

Zero tolerance with me. Just my opinion, but I’ve watched as drug use has ravaged members of my family over the years.
It’s not just a “disease” of the user, the family members suffer too.

2 Likes

Uh, no! Wtf?! Why is this even a question? I know you’re here for advice, but why WOULD it ever be appropriate to show up to a family event with drugs? Doesn’t seem like it’s the boyfriend that’s the issue though, seems like it’s the whole damn family. I understand the boyfriend is the one bringing it but sounds like half the family is partaking. If I were in your situation, my husband and I would be starting our own family traditions and avoiding that whole dumpster fire! When you get asked why, be flat out honest about it. If you choose not to avoid the situation, then start calling people out openly about it. It would be kind of a different story if it was an adults only gathering, but with the kids? No.

It’s okay to write people off!

2 Likes

It’s never ok to have that drug at all…

2 Likes

Nothing an anonymous call to police can’t handle. If its putting the kids in danger, why sit back and let it happen. Family or not, you shouldn’t alow the kids to be put in danger because the adults choose to be stupid & use drugs in front of their kids.

1 Like

Why is this even a question? One should NEVER jeopardize the safety and well-being of their child!

2 Likes

Always trust your gut. It sounds like a very dangerous and inappropriate setting for children.

2 Likes

Wild to me that this isn’t a conversation when alcohol is concerned.

9 Likes

stand your ground do what is best for your family

Hell no. Your doing right by your babies and your SIL doesn’t respect you or your kids.

If I am anywhere, family or not, and I feel that it is not an appropriate setting for my child we are leaving and will continue to refuse to come to events as long as the behavior continues. The fact you are being pressured to still come despite you already expressing that you do not want your children in the presence of illegal substances is completely disrespectful. You are setting a boundary and if your family cannot accept that then I think you are totally within reason to not attend events.

5 Likes

It seems as though everyone else in the family accepts and is ok with it, it also seems he isn’t the only one getting high. So you can’t be upset at him. IMO the only ones endangering their children is you and your hubby because you are well aware of what is going on n don’t accept or agree with it yet you still show up to that “unsafe environment” with your children that you state you really care for. Stop going for the safety n welfare of your kids if that truly is your concern.

3 Likes

I don’t want to sound mean…
But, PLEASE re-read your post !
What would u tell that person ?
I can tell u it’s NOT normal…
Especially because of infants n small kids being there.
Add to the fact that multiple adults participate in the drug use… N, it obviously isn’t just marijuana !!
Last, you see the in- law becoming more sexually inappropriate n with others in the family.
U can bet the combination of all these behaviors WILL lead to some bad situations… Especially again for the innocent kids… I pray to God that nothing bad has happened already !!!
I would let ALL the adults that goes to “family” party what u think.
I would tell the kids privately that if they’re ever feeling unsafe they can call you !!
Last, I would never go back unless the drug use is stopped !!!
Best wishes for you n your family. :pray:

1 Like

Protect your family at all costs.

2 Likes

You and only you can make the choice of doing what is in the best interest of your children n by showing up to the events knowing it’s not a safe environment falls on you. You say you know its not safe so stop going.

Is your husbands family The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia?

5 Likes

I’m a dick and would cut them all off. In no way is this acceptable. What if the kids got ahold of it? I’d make my own family plans or try to get with the family members that don’t do that and have the cousins you want your kids around. If you have the ability do a BBQ. You have every right to invite who you want and have the rules you want. And if they gaslight you to thinks it’s normal, know its not. My family functions start at noon and end at 4p. Drugs have never been involved. A lot of my family is aging there’s barely any children there besides my own. And I always feel awkward because the reason I’m related to them is dead and has been over 20yrs. I usually get ignored so I usually don’t go.

Never ok. Protect your family

No,go with that motherly instinct!

1 Like

No I’d turn him in no child should be around that

4 Likes

Your whole family sucks and I don’t know why you still associate yourself with them.

3 Likes

Just don’t go !!! Eventually hes gonna get popped. And you won’t have anything to do with it so you’ll have a clear conscience and your kids will be safe.

4 Likes

Omg Do you even have to ask? What a terrible environment for children.

5 Likes

No you know what is right and respectful so stick to your guns and keep your family safe

I would take pictures…record secretly…and then I’d be notifying the police…even if it meant my family hated me…because ultimately, it’s the kids safety I’m concerned about.

4 Likes

Wake up!!! This is not ok!!! Quit going and put your family first!! Invite their cousins over for a play day! Children only!!!

5 Likes

That’s a Hell no. Cut him and the sister off and anyone that tries to make you feel like it’s ok.

2 Likes

If it were me, cops would have been involved already. That is bs.

6 Likes

You already know the answer. Protect your kids - your mother’s intuition is rarely wrong, especially when it comes to inappropriate behavior. The fact that the rest of the family is allowing this behavior is a major red flag. I’d keep my kids away from it, too, and not look back until he’s out of the picture.

2 Likes

Oh hell no, I wouldn’t want to be around any of those people.

1 Like

Nope :-1:t4: your sil should give up the jerk and why is he allowed there ???

2 Likes

Wtf…. It’s not just him it’s the whole family I’d avoid. They’re accepting it and participating?? No just no

7 Likes

Heck no! NONE of this is ok!! It’s YOUR responsibility to protect YOUR kids!!
Sure, you don’t like your family being mad @ you BUT how would you feel if something happened to one of your kids while over there??!!! Only takes a split second for a kid to pop drugs in their mouths too.

1 Like

Family functions<safety of your kids. It’s easy.

4 Likes

I think you already know that illicit drugs are not appropriate. It’s also not appropriate to have allowed it for so long. :woman_shrugging:

They’re illegal substances. It’s not okay.

Um, stop taking your kids around things and people that make you uncomfortable? If you know its happening, then why proceed to keep bringing your kids. Sure, kids don’t need to be around that stuff. But to keep putting you and yourself in the situation is just stupid.

3 Likes

I mean him doing shrooms isn’t going to hurt your kids as long as he’s not shooting up and leaving coke residue on the bathroom counter let the man be :joy: I think as long as the sexual comments are making their way to the children and he’s being a phedofile you need to chill out some or chose to not go

2 Likes

Omg :astonished: this is terrifying get as far away as possible keep your family safe that guys a creep. Hes toxic and dangerous.

If this type of behavior has endangered any child you need to leave & report the entire family. I know it’s family & you love them but what happens when something tragic happens because the children weren’t being watched or cared for?..…I’m not normally this person but that’s not ok for children to be exposed to this behavior. Not to mention what’s to say something happens when you & your children are present?..…You will be facing the same consequences as the drug users. Stay away & protect all those children!

6 Likes

If you’re not comfortable then you aren’t wrong. Those are your kids and you know what’s best. If your family has an issue, gift them some fine tissues

1 Like

Yes it’s not appropriate at all. However you can’t just be pissed off at him cuz he brings the drugs… especially when your other family members are taking them. If your going to hate you need to hate them all.

6 Likes

You are 100% right to feel how you do! Do not let that boundary move at all! Keep your foot down. How does your husband feel? Assuming the same way.

Call the cops already. What happens when one of the children gets their hands on something. It’s illegal so call the cops.

Call and report him……?? He’s 1- endangering your children and the others in your family and 2- taking illegal drugs and distributing them……??? Like, those are both crimes……??

What the heck! I’m sorry but your family is dysfunctional and those babies are in true danger! You as a mother must protect and keep your kids from that kind of environment.
Wonder if a child get a hold of the drugs Lord forbids! A family that allows such behavior is very dysfunctional and dangerous to
Children. You need to talk to your husband about cutting ties
With some family members because it’s dangerous for your children,
Wonder if a drug raid hits that party and you, your husband heck! The whole family hand cuffed where’s the kids heading then? Girl cut those ties for your family sake!

6 Likes

Absolutely not! You do what’s best for YOUR family, YOUR kids, YOUR marriage!!! Don’t ever feel guilty for protecting your children, but also don’t feel guilty for cutting out toxicity!!! :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Every family is diff. Don’t like it, don’t go

3 Likes

Do what is right for you and your family. But do you feel the same with alcohol??

1 Like

How exactly are they endangering children? Aren’t you, sober responsible adult watching your kids? How is that endangering?

Also if any of you have ever once smoked weed, underaged drinking etc take several seats with your “CalL ThE CoPs”
It sounds like a very mind your own business situation and if you don’t like it, don’t go or don’t participate. Calling the police over Shrooms is extremely extra a waste of time when they could be taking down heroin and other dealers that sell to kids instead of shrooms. He is not responsible for your kids, you are. Probably gonna get :poop: for being the opposing comment but don’t like it, don’t go 🤷
It also sounds like a lot of people are uneducated about the law and nature of this subject as well

5 Likes

Alcohol endangers everyone around too… do you feel the same ab that?

You aren’t wrong to feel the way you do, but don’t pick & choose what to be mad about.

3 Likes

As a family to be a complete understanding but nothing is done in front of the children. What they do in their home if they have children is on them. They should not be bringing around others. That being said if the party time for adults is after the kids of gone off to bed it’s a whole other story. If the children are present they come first amongst anything else. If you’re feeling uncomfortable in the situation speak your peace. If they feel you were wrong and what you’re saying, then it’s time for them to get a reality check.

1 Like

It’s illegal so I’d go ahead and say it’s never appropriate but that is just wild sheesh you’re not wrong for not liking the dude you definitely don’t have to but none of the rest are innocent they’re all just as guilty as him

2 Likes

Ummm what? No!! I cant believe you went once. What you should do is protect the children. If they’re doing ecstasy and shrooms around kids I’d be calling authorities.

1 Like

Sounds better than everyone getting drunk :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

You can totally tell who’s the pill popper in these comments :joy:

8 Likes

I agree with you 100%!

Why is everything being put on the SIL’s bf if the rest of the family is partaking too?

11 Likes