Is it gross to let a dog lick out of a bowl before its washed?

I feel where you are coming from. I wouldn’t purposefully let my dog lick from our plates but let me ask you this: would you throw away a plate if your dog got to it while it was on a coffee table or would you wash it up and keep it moving?
I grew up filling the dogs bowl in the kitchen sink. My husband about lost his mind catching me do that! If he really thought I was going to go the hose outside every time he was sadly mistaken! Lol. Different strokes! I think on that one she can compromise and serve the dog in their bowl!

2 Likes

You are over - reacting- as long as it is washed afterward !

3 Likes

Some things you just don’t do and this is one of them

4 Likes

She is right going to be washed…won’t hurt anything or anyone.

3 Likes

My dog cleans off our plates of left over food all the time! I’m washing it so doesn’t matter to me

1 Like

Eh wash the bowl :woman_shrugging:t2:

As long as it gets washed properly afterwards it should be fine.

Completely overacting

You are overreacting!

1 Like

My dogs will finish licking my bowl or plate prior to me rinsing and putting it in the dishwasher. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

If I had a dog I would 100% let it lick the bowl. :woman_shrugging: It’s gonna be washed. Is that not the purpose of soap, to clean things?

1 Like

I let my pups lick things too, if I know they will be sanitized in the dish washer

1 Like

It’s cultural differences. WP think animals are people for some odd reason. I’ve always let my dogs get into my bed and on the couch. When I click with another black person, its normally a joke “can the dog be on the bed?!?!”. I’ve always dished the leftovers into the dogs dish. She’s lazy and if she’s lazy, she’s probably nasty. :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

I don’t see the big deal

1 Like

:roll_eyes: get over it :roll_eyes: Overreacting!!!

My babies lick bowls, plates, eat off forks. As long as you wash them, it’s all good. I don’t see a problem with it at all. Never have.

imo…def. overeacting…its gonna be washed and sanitized anyways? :joy::rofl:

Yes. You are overreacting. Its being put in the dishwasher not back in the cabinet

1 Like

Ummm. It’s going to be washed then what’s the issue? Unless you don’t wash your dishes well?

1 Like

I think it’s gross. But I wouldn’t have been rude about just explain why you’d prefer her to not do that with your family’s stuff. If it was her family, you have no say really.

I mean it’s being washed :woman_shrugging: I’ve definitely let my dogs do pre cycle wash on lots of my dishes :rofl::rofl::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

No! I’m white and it goes in the dog bowl she is not eating off my plates. Idc what they say about them having cleaner mouths they lick ass and dirty paws all day. I love mine but hell no

It’s gross, I have a dog and never let her lick any plates etc but to each their own I guess

7 Likes

Well it’s going to be clean again after you wash it :woman_shrugging:

What’s the big deal? It’s going to be washed. I’ve been known to share a spoon full of something with a dog. I turned out just fine

You’re washing it, so why does it matter?
Do you eat at restaurants? Someone you don’t know ate off your plate, used that fork and drank from your cup?

1 Like

Dogs are like a pre wash cycle :joy: If you’re washing your dishes right, the dog spit will be washed off lol

3 Likes

I feel you might be overreacting. If dishes go through the wash to be clean enough for us to eat out of them again I feel this is the same. Shit I don’t wash my dishes soon enough they get all nasty in the sink…put them in the dishwasher and tadaaaa clean. I eat out of it again. I don’t see how a dog licking it first is different BUT I do have 4 dogs and 3 cats and most of everything I own is shared with them in one way or another honestly.

1 Like

Please let them know a patient was just discharged, 11 weeks in the ICU. They now will be in physical Therapy for the rest of the year learning how to walk. Family dog licked a small wound on there lower leg……

Please do not let animals lick you or dishes. If you see something, say something! ITS GROSS :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Omg dish soap kills germs smh lol

I’m native… and I’m with you. Our dogs even have their own towels for when they take baths. I will wash their bowls outside. And if someone uses a regular bowl to give them water, that bowl is now a dog bowl

3 Likes

Just bleach it. I don’t let pets lick from my dishes deliberately, but it won’t ruin anything.

WHAT IN THEE FK does race have to do with ANYTHING??! WHY was this allowed on here?! That’s why you’re anonymous!! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Well if its being washed correctly it shouldn’t be a problem🤷‍♀️

1 Like

It’s gonna get washed, so no biggie. If super concerned splash it with some disinfectant, wash it again, then put it away

I always let my dog lick the bowls lol

Step 1 - dogs “rinse”
Step 2 - rinse in the sink in hot water
Step 3 - sanitized in the dishwasher

I mean it’s kinda gross, bit I think you are overreacting a little…

1 Like

Why does everything come down to race?

7 Likes

I share the same spoon with my cats. :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

You are overreacting :100: haha itl wash

2 Likes

Dogs shouldn’t eat potatoes. Lol. Gross.

2 Likes

Yeah you are. Soap is soap

1 Like

We let our dog too bec the bowls going in the dishwasher after.

1 Like

No your not overreacting at all.

2 Likes

If it’s gonna be washed anyway, there’s nothing wrong with letting pets licks the dishes! Everyone I know let’s their pets do that! :grin:

3 Likes

I’m white and I would never allow that. I don’t even use the same utensils to scoop cat food out. I only use plastic and toss it out. This is also a great example of why I don’t eat at other people’s houses.

3 Likes

I let my doberman pre clean my dishes

1 Like

No thats wrong if dog eats licks r whatever out of anything it’s the dogs now are its trash an buy new ones.are just dont do that an I’m a white girl!lol but no nasty I agree

I share a fork with my dog. You can’t ask me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Honestly I have the same background. Black household, white partner. And he’s constantly using human bowls for our kitty. Once the fur baby kicks the bowl, it’s out of rotation for humans. I get PO’d if I even see the dish in the dishwasher.

That being said, a dog’s mouth is technically cleaner than a human’s. It’s just the ingrained notion that you are eating out of what is now a pet bowl.

1 Like

I mean if she let the dog lick it clean and put it up yeah lol

Some people don’t mind it. Some will even let their animals eat off their silverware as they are eating. Also feeding them from their plates each bit.
IMO it’s nasty! Animals have there own food and dishes. No way I’m letting them eat off my plate while eating. To each their own

2 Likes

Why waste it let the dogs have it, It’s going to get washed with soap 🫧

1 Like

I grew up in a Mexican household and I think it’s disgusting :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I wouldn’t like it either and would probably end up binning the thing it licked but some people think it’s acceptable so there’s no right or wrong way it’s about personal preference

Its gunna get washes anyways, i always let the pets i have had eat out the bowls before they get washes, no harm done

I do it. My dog always asked if I washed the bowl good. After all he saw me eat out of it yesterday.

How is that gross? He is licking the left over food. I am confused :confused:

Nope, not overreacting. I wouldn’t allow that either.

Washed are not idc nope notta!

That is disgusting but looking at these comments I guess the differences in responses is cultural.

5 Likes

I don’t let my dogs touch any dishware meant for human consumption & if they do then it’s now their bowl.! Very disgusting imo. Whether it gets cleaned or not is irrelevant.

3 Likes

Also, you’re trying to make it into a black and white thing?? Cuz I’ve definitely seen black ppl that let their dogs lick plates n bowls clean… I hope you don’t eat chitterlings :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Nope, my dogs lick and eat off our dishes… and they go through a dishwasher which has detergent and scalding hot water

3 Likes

Yes, you’re severely overreacting. Unless you don’t wash your dishes properly

6 Likes

Way overreacting…it’s gonna be cleaned so it’s not like you’re eating after a dog

3 Likes

If using a dishwasher it’s sterilized anyway.
If not…eh still meh.

1 Like

It’s all good honey!!! dogs are part of the family( I think they are) so as Long as it goes into the dishwasher good and clean for the next licking👅plus less water to rinse them before you put them in the dishwasher

4 Likes

Was literally just going over this with my man. He lets the dog but my mom would have a fit if she knew. And it’s not even her house/bowls.

The only problem I see is the dog eating something he shouldn’t like onions in potato salad

2 Likes

They probably rednecks from Georgia

Yes you’re overreacting

My boyfriend lets the dog lick his bowl and plate when he’s done. And then they go in the dishwasher. And then we eat off of it again. :woman_shrugging:t3: who cares.

My dogs do. I always use a little bit of bleach in my dish water anyways

It’s a matter of opinion. I won’t let Mt dog luck my face or mouth but she gets the last bite from my bowl or plate sometimes. Dishes get washed

Have you seen some of society? They eat out of the dishes you eat out of at restaurants. I’d rather eat out of a dish that a dog licked out of.

4 Likes

I feel you on this. I’m not a fan of sharing dishes with my dogs. I will put it into their dish.

1 Like

I don’t see an issue with it, it’s getting washed.

1 Like

Not gross at all. Dogs lick you… too…

1 Like

If you use the real hot water in your dishwasher setting, no germs could live through that. However, it wouldn’t hurt to have pet-designated eating utensils, etc.

Our dogs are our prewash cycle :joy:

1 Like

You know you’re a redneck when you have to go Steal the dog’s food skillet to cook dinner.

Lmao just bleach it. It makes me mad when I dog eats from people dishes too but there’s bleach… lol

I always let my dog lick my plates and then put them in the dishwasher. He’s my bestie. Not sure what being black or white has to do with it? :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

I think it’s gross af personally

2 Likes

I was brought up that it’s nasty…I just have delegated bowls for my animals…but not my dishes…ewwww…I mean I wouldn’t freak but it would bother me…I wouldn’t intentionally set down family dinner wear on the floor to let animals eat out of them. No way…

You answered your question in your post. Y’all were raised differently. Personally I think it’s disgusting.

4 Likes

Lmao :joy: I let my dogs lick from our bowls… over reacting

1 Like

What is funny is that I am positive that at least half of the people that believe this is disgusting do just as bad or a whole lot worse in their private “bow chickawowow” time :rofl::rofl: I’ma take my exit now

18 Likes

I grew up and we always put the plates on the floor for the dog to eat any left over food. Dad would joke, the dog cleans the dishes better than your mother. Of course dishes were washed afterwards.

4 Likes

You are overreacting, its going to be washed with soap and hot water

7 Likes

Obviously you two are very different with regard to this issue. You can respect the differences. I understand your point as I am a black woman and it was deemed gross in our home as well. Ive grown to understand just because it was frowned upon in my house doesnt mean its a bad thing in someone else’s home.

I would never let my dog eat off my dishes. They have dog dishes.

It is SO gross …but its her dog and she will wash the dish ,so…

My grandparents dog licked bowls, my dog licks bowls, my stepdads dog licks bowls. Its fine, but if you are uncomfortable with it dont let them

But y’all okay with eating :peach:??? Hmm alrighty then

4 Likes

Regardless of whether it’s gross or not it’s nothing to throw a fit about.

She’s out of line for not asking, and yes I believe your over reacting.

It’s going to get washed anyways

1 Like