Is it inappropriate for a child to cuddle dad on the couch?

Of course it is normal and aides in the healthy development of said child. Your mother sounds unstable.

2 of mine still cuddle with dad, 7 and 10. Soak up those cuddle moments when you can!

There is nothing wrong for a parent to cuddle with their own child affection is the best thing you can give your children :two_hearts:

That woman must be ignorant there ain’t nothing to a dad cuddling his daughter that lady is just looking for something to pin on somebody if they going to be acting that way just because of them cuddling on a couch she must be stupid

1 Like

This is the most b.s. question I have ever seen asked here. And ive seen some whack ones.

1 Like

Wtf. I cuddle my 27 yr old. And he gives me kisses on the cheek and forehead.

3 Likes

Ur mum needs to be admitted to a hospital

4 Likes

5 year old?! How is that inappropriate?! :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with it at all!!

1 Like

You’re mom needs to be “cut out” and mind her own business. It’s only wrong if the father is aroused or inappropriately touching the child. PERIOD!!
I hate that fathers are deemed “perverted” for doing what he should be doing with his babies(showing affection) Let the man cuddle his babies if that’s what they want to do.

1 Like

Yes it is definitely normal to cuddle your children. I would personally think it’s not normal to think you shouldn’t cuddle your kids. Showing your children affection is always a good idea. When my child is tired, sad, or just had a long day, she asks if we can cuddle. Sometimes she’ll ask if we can “group cuddle” with my husband and our youngest daughter. It always cheers her up and they both love it!

5 Likes

Maybe something happened to your mom you dont know about. But it is ok normal and a really good thing that your husband is affectionate.

2 Likes

Your mom needs some help or something. There’s absolutely NOTHING wrong with a child cuddling their dad

2 Likes

Your mom has it wrong. There is nothing wrong with a father cuddling his child.

1 Like

For our family Nothing is wrong with it, you do what you feel is right for your family. :heartpulse: if she feels it’s inappropriate then she’s making it that way.

1 Like

Tell your mom to butt out…

Children need touch. It isn’t only appropriate, it is necessary for a healthy human child!

1 Like

If my dad were alive I’d still snuggle up to him

3 Likes

My 5 year old nephew loves to cuddle we cuddle all the time!!!

Woman if your mind goes to the gutter about inappropriate stuff then u need to seek out therapy cause it’s perfectly fine for a child to cuddle with their damn father on a couch ffs!

Would it be weird for a mom to cuddle her son? No. Just because we’re different genders doesn’t mean we can’t cuddle our children of the opposite gender. It literally has NOTHING to do with anything sexual so it definitely isn’t weird. I’d try to explain it to your mom like that.

6 Likes

I still cuddle my 13 year old while watching tv or movies or when he’s sick

1 Like

I cuddle with my kids they’re 11 and 6. What the f**k is wrong with your mom.

I will literally cuddle with my dad now as a grown up. She sounds like she has repressed trauma.

6 Likes

I would tell her to f$$& off. All kids need cuddles

people who sexualize children and their parents ARE the problem.

9 Likes

people really need to stop sexualizing children its getting ridiculous!

2 Likes

What?!?! LoL Totally normal. I have some good memories of my dad and I cuddling on the couch watching tv!

1 Like

Mom’s wrong, REALLY WRONG!

2 Likes

Is this seriously a question? If it’s okay for mom to cuddle the child… it’s definitely okay for dad. Not inappropriate at all.

1 Like

Um why would she even think that :face_with_monocle:

Kids like to cuddle with their parents. Period. And it teaches them they are loved and cared for.

Your mom is the one that sounds wrong.

2 Likes

What is wrong with your mother?

1 Like

Sounds like she has some of her own trauma she needs to deal with.

4 Likes

My daughter is 8 and cuddles with dad. It’s not inappropriate. Kids like to be held every now and then. Did mom not get enough love?

I can’t believe this is even a question

Mom is wrong to say or think that.

2 Likes

Ppl are fucking weird

This question is stupid and pmro omg wat r some people thinking.This person and there mother have issues.slap urself fools

Your mom has Avery sick mind to even think this is wrong! She could be the leader to 1/2 the problems in this world!

1 Like

Normal, why is it different for a mom to snuggle then a father tell her you need to quit sexualizing my child

2 Likes

I cant beleive you even need to ask this question.

4 Likes

What! That’s bonding time!! A shower together would be inappropriate at that age maybe but not cuddling on the couch.

My 7yr old cuddles with my husband all the time (his step dad)

What in the $uck??? Omg. I couldn’t even imagine NOT snuggling them. Theyre just babies. Of course they should be snuggled. You only got about 5 or 6 years til they think they’re to cool for it! Lol

1 Like

I would tell mom to stop sexualizing a literal CHILD with her father… That’s where the problem lies. She needs therapy for whatever she may have gone through to make her think that.

I can’t imagine telling my five year old she’s not allowed to cuddle with her dad, and then her have to watch her toddler sister get that attention. It’s completely normal. Especially if dad works all day & your child doesn’t get to see him much!

5 Likes

Your mother is inappropriate for sexualizing a child cuddling with her father. .

11 Likes

My 7 year old girl cuddles with her dad…nothing weird about it unless there is something in her past that makes her think that

Umm what I cuddled on the couch with my dad until I was at least 12. Big daddys girl!. My 9 year old still occasionally cuddle with her dad

Mom is so wrong she must have issues from her child hood most little girls are daddies girls I know I was and I’m 72 if I had a chance I’d love on mine now let them learn to love each other

2 Likes

Maybe something happened to your mom when she was younger… that sounds a lot like the way a victim of sexual abuse would think. I’d just put her in her place & tell her, in our home we snuggle & show affection.

1 Like

That is what’s wrong in this world! I was on my dads lap until i was physically too big! THAT is how it should be!

1 Like

Then your mom is the problem… cuz as long as it’s his kid then it shouldn’t be an issue

2 Likes

Thats completely normal omg :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Your mother is the problem in this situation. Tell her to sort her shit out.

1 Like

I’m 23 and still want my moms cuddles :joy::joy: hell if my dad wasn’t such a dork id still want his too. My almost 5 year old son can cuddle with anyone he pleases to (people I know or he knows)

My daughter snuggles with her step dad on the couch sometimes and she’s also 5 wtf

Lol wth … :rofl: no, it’s bonding. My child is 11 and still snuggles an cuddles … whoever told you that wasn’t loved much as a kid, it sounds like

1 Like

What’s up with people, no this is not weird. Our daughter is 10 and she sleeps in the same bed as dad. My sons are 7, 4 and 1 and they all cuddle with dad. Tell her to stop sexualizing the situation and that its them bonding. All you have to do is speak to your daughter about people not touching any of her no no spots and if they do no matter WHO it is you tell mommy because its not right for anyone to do it no matter if they are family or not. Then tell anyone who is trying to mame a deal of it after that that YOU talked to your child about being safe and not to worry about it.

1 Like

My 3 and 8 year olds both cuddle my husband allll the time. Its not ok to take away a kids bonding time with a parent

1 Like

Obviously doesn’t understand what love comfort & affection are she needs a cuddle or a therapist

1 Like

I would only cut it out if you are TRYING to create life long “daddy issues”…

Otherwise it’s completely normal.

I wish I could still snuggle with my Dad. You are never too old for love.

Um wtf? My almost 11 year old cuddles with both my husband and I every single day. Tell your mom to get a life.

11 Likes

My 3yr old son is snuggling with his daddy on the couch right now :thinking:

I love nothing more then when my 9y/o wants to cuddle and fall asleep in my arms still. Couldn’t imagine anything better. Don’t let them make it weird

2 Likes

Wow really, that’s sad. Most girls are daddys girls but regardless why is it so wrong for fathers to love their kids but moms can always cuddle. Mine are 15, 16, 17, and 18 and I still cuddle with them and it’s purely out of love and I miss them due to workig a ton. I never had affectionate parents and I never want my kids to feel like I did growing up (not worthy of a hug). I was abused and I had a very hard time giving hugs until I had my kids. There’s nothing gross or wrong with being a loving parent or showing your kids you love them.

4 Likes

Completely normal!! She is being ridiculous and inappropriate.

2 Likes

It’s normal!
Don’t let other people’s opinions effect the relationship between daddy and daughter!
You would know if something was up, and if u do think something is you need to file a police report.

There’s nothing wrong with it , my son is five and he cuddles with me every night , too soon he will be grown and I’ll miss these days

:unamused:🤷 I’m 40 and would still do it . My kids are older and still cuddle

1 Like

My dad had his arm around me and my head was on him after my ex husbands father passed away - I was 30. You’re never too old you get a snuggle from your dad.

2 Likes

Your mom has daddy issues. It is very normal to cuddle with dad. Im 43 and I still need a cuddle sometimes

3 Likes

This has to be a damn joke :neutral_face:

Pssst. I was 26 when my dad passed and still cuddled with him on the couch. Thats my dad. Hell I would go sleep in their bed and make them both move over. Your moms crazy. Lol

Maybe she should stop being a weirdo and sexualizing it

4 Likes

It is in no way inappropriate! Your mom is wrong :expressionless:

my kids are 15 and 17, and even though I tell them they’re growing up, they both still want to watch a movie with me and cuddle with snacks…
my 2 nieces are 11 yrs old and they’re still cuddlers

Not at all inappropriate it’s showing love

The fuck? Your mom should stop sexualizing a healthy father/daughter relationship

My son is 9 and cuddles me and his dad on the couch! Even cuddles his gammaw and pawpaw when watching tv

Um no, and the only thing weird about it is that THEY think it’s inappropriate! I still snuggle with my mama any chance I get :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What the hell is wrong with her?? That is absolutely absurd! But I would bet she is the same one who would criticize him is he wasn’t in the picture?? I am 47 and would love the opportunity to cuddle with my dad! Let your husband do what he should be doing…… being a loving father!

3 Likes

Um no. Your mom is the one being inappropriate.

1 Like

Your moms a weirdo.:woman_shrugging:t3::joy:

2 Likes

Shes inappropriate to sexualize it. Shes sick.

4 Likes

I still snuggle up my 14 yo son…heck ive even recently snuggled up with my almost 19 yo son also. Its NOT weird.
Showing affection is never frowned upon in our house :star_struck::star_struck:

2 Likes

It’s inappropriate to think thats inappropriate. I don’t think you can ever out grow cuddles from mom or dad! Let alone a five year old!!!

5 Likes

Umm… :flushed: How is that inappropriate? All three of my kids (6 yo boy, 3 yo girl, and 1.5 yo boy) all cuddle with their dad on a regular basis. Plus the youngest 2 regularly end up in bed with my husband and I at night.

Sounds a bit like your mom has the problem.

Wow I’m 40 and still still sit on my dads recliner and hug him! Guess that’s inappropriate too!

My daughter is snuggling with her daddy as we speak watching the little mermaid. She should stop being weird and thinking it’s inappropriate for a father and his child to show affection.

I’m sorry, but that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

1 Like

Uhhhhhhhh… Is it appropriate for the same child to snuggle with mom on the couch.??? You all kill me with these questions. If that’s his child rather it be a boy or girl then why is it inappropriate to snuggle with your child

2 Likes

How the hell is a 5 year old cuddling dad inappropriate :laughing:

1 Like

Your mom is having inappropriate thoughts

What’s inappropriate about a dad loving his child :thinking:

My 7 year old son snuggles with me. Nothing wrong with it :woman_shrugging:t4:

Ur mom is the problem here! Not inappropriate at all!! No different than a mom cuddling her child!