Is it inappropriate for a child to cuddle dad on the couch?

Is it normal for a five-year-old to snuggle with dad on the couch? My mom says it needs to be cut out, and it’s inappropriate.

479 Likes

Completely normal! They are 5 years old. If your mom is seeing an issue, no offense, but she’s messed up

1 Like

Of course it’s normal. What’s not normal is anyone thinking it is more than child parent bonding.

1 Like

There is absolutely nothing inappropriate about a man loving on his child and a child getting emotional support and affection from their father. Moms shouldn’t be the sole source of affection, and if your mom thinks something inappropriate is going on I would ask more questions about why she has those thoughts. It could be a byproduct of her own experiences.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is it inappropriate for a child to cuddle dad on the couch? - Mamas Uncut

Umm no. That’s his/her father. Physical contact is perfectly normal and I think it’s sick to want to take that away from a child

1 Like

Well your mom is wrong! That’s the child’s father!!! They need bonding too

1 Like

It’s 100% normal and fine why is it any different if a mom is doing the snuggling over a dad

1 Like

Snuggle them for as long as they want…they are only little once🥰

11 Likes

That is absolutely normal and should not be taken away

Your mom needs to see a psychologist

3 Likes

Would it be wrong to cuddle with u at 5? Hes her parent to… your mom is very wrong

1 Like

Your the parent not mother

That’s called projection and she should evaluate herself

1 Like

Uhm, she’s 5. There isn’t anything inappropriate about that.

Seriously ur mom needs to be snuggled :rofl::rofl:

13 Likes

Why are people always bashing father’s BEING A FATHER… it’s absolutely no different than the mom cuddling with the kid on the couch…

1 Like

It’s completely normal to me.

Wtf! No it’s not inappropriate! :woman_facepalming:t2:

Tf? That’s her DADDY, not some rando mom brought home. It sounds like grandma is trying to say your husband is a pedo or something

4 Likes

Your mom is absolutely ridiculous cuddling is fine

1 Like

It’s not inappropriate for a child to cuddle with either parent. Would she say the same if it was the mother cuddling their child?

What the fuck?! Cuddling dads is just as normal as cuddling moms.

1 Like

It’s 100% normal. It wouldn’t be normal to not trust a child’s parent to show them affection :woman_shrugging:. Sounds like maybe your mom has some trauma of her own she needs to work through

9 Likes

My 4 year and 1 year old daughters cuddle with their dad. It’s totally okay that’s their father!!! Tell her at least they have a dad now a days!

There is nothing wrong with a dad snuggling his child. Your mom has issues.

6 Likes

Whhhaaattt?? I’ve never heard anything as heinous as this. There’s no age limit to cuddling with your children. She’s a nut.

1 Like

It’s not inappropriate. That’s her dad for gods sake.

1 Like

I don’t think you should take your kid around your mom anymore…

10 Likes

This is the dumbest shit I have ever heard

So it’s okay for women to clean/ bath a male child and cuddle/ comfort them but when a father does his instantly a pedo? and it’s inappropriate? women need to pull their heads out of their assholes!! how is that okay that’s disgusting that you’s even think the way you do about him. he deserves better.

No it’s not🙄wth how’s cuddling with your father inappropriate especially a 5 year old?!

Stupid and bizarre :face_with_raised_eyebrow::unamused:

What’s wrong with your mother…:woman_facepalming:
I would only hope my children cuddle my spouse and I much longer than 5 years old.
Hell I’m 38 and I still enjoy cuddling my dad when I get a chance lol

5 Likes

Why is every single, loving gesture between a parent and a child suddenly in appropriate and sexualized?
Don’t kiss your kid on the mouth, don’t co sleep, don’t snuggle, don’t get dressed or undressed in front of your kids…

23 Likes

If anyone needs questioning here, it’s your Mum!

3 Likes

Why is your mom sexualizing your child and her father?
Thats the issue here :woman_shrugging:t3:

11 Likes

Shit if my dad was here i would still snuggle with him n im 37 n miss him dearly

Is this a serious question??? Of course it’s normal!

1 Like

I still cuddle my 10 year old

1 Like

My son thats 5 loves to cuddle with me or his dad it’s normal.

1 Like

Sounds like your mom may be the inappropriate one. Maybe you should cut her out🤷🏻‍♀️

5 Likes

What the f?! I rarely write, but this mom needs to gtfo, a cuddle on the couch is an issue?? So many kids would give so much to be able to do that…

2 Likes

I will be DAMNED if someone has the audacity to try and tell me my child can’t cuddle with their dad :roll_eyes:

Absolutely not at all. There is no age that if a child needs their parents that it’s inappropriate

1 Like

Your mom is making it inappropriate, and that in itself is inappropriate. Tell her to mind her own.

4 Likes

No my daughters 8 and 4 do it all the time. I don’t think it is inappropriate

1 Like

If u see a problem with a child snuggling on the couch with their parent regardless of which one YOU are the problem. YOU are the one making it inappropriate by sexualizing it. You should consider therapy

3 Likes

My 11 year old daughter and 8 year old boy still sleep with my husband when I’m traveling for work! Let him enjoy the snuggles!!! They grow up before you know it!

1 Like

Dad and kido are good, your mama on the other hand :thinking: idk she might wanna talk to someone about how she feels that’s not healthy for real!

1 Like

Did something happen to your mom in her life? I find people who think like this had something happen to them in their lives. There’s nothing wrong with a five year old cuddling in with her father

7 Likes

Your mom is weird. :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Your mom is the one being weird and projecting shit. Snuggling with both parents is super good for your kids. Children need to feel affection from their father as well.

Wtf :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

No it’s not. That is perfectly normal.

1 Like

WTF of course it should be ok I have 4 grown daughters and they still cuddle with their dad!

1 Like

Ummm, yes its normal…smh

1 Like

my 6 yr old son snuggles me all the time!!!

1 Like

Id cut the mom out asap​:nauseated_face::roll_eyes: Idk what’s wrong with ppl anymore but if you see anything sexual with children then you’re the one with the issue! DADS HAVE EVERY RIGHT MOMS HAVE!!!

2 Likes

My 13&18 y/o still cuddle with their dad on the couch. Nothing wrong with it.

Wow. Just wow. Why the fuck wouldn’t it be okay?

No way is it inappropiate its shows that effectionate is ok

Wtf no of course not

Yeah your mom, total weirdo. I’d be worrying more about her and her weird ways and thinking, than your daughter cuddling her dad. For fuck sake!

Why would that be weird?

The problem is why is this even a question?

3 Likes

If your mom thinks that’s inappropriate, maybe she’s the problem! I used to lay on the couch with my dad and watch T.V & even slept with him in the bed up until double digits sometimes… WTF is wrong with people???

2 Likes

My 20 year old was cuddling w me on the couch today and I loved every minute of it!

Whats wrong is the people that are sexualizing this🙄

6 Likes

What? That’s totally normal. Your mom should keep her weird ideas to herself. Your child will have a healthier emotional life if they aren’t prevented or shamed from having a loving relationship with their father.

2 Likes

My 17 & 18 year olds still cuddled on the couch with their dad and sometimes they even sleep in bed with him. I would tell your mom to mind her own business she already raised her kid/kids

3 Likes

Cut out mom ASAP! !!

1 Like

It would not be normal if they didn’t snuggle! What’s wrong with your mother?

It’s her FATHER wtf??? Your momma gross

4 Likes

Sounds like your mom is inappropriate…:sweat_smile:

6 Likes

That’s sweet
Tell her to mind her business.

Tell your mom to go get some snuggles and quit being a weirdo!!! :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2: I’m gonna snuggle my babies as long as they let me!!!

1 Like

If it’s not normal for dad to do it then it should go the same way for you. Why is this even a question.

1 Like

Ridiculous. Nothing wrong with it at all

Your mom is sexualizing it & that is the problem.

5 Likes

Sounds like Mama might need some therapy for past trauma :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I just went through this with my boyfriend. His 5 year old daughter is very snuggly but to the points it’s almost uncomfortably inappropriate. She was rubbing him all over and it got very awkward to be around.
I have no issues with dads cuddling their daughters but boundaries need to be made in my eyes

If it ok for a child to cuddle their mother than it’s just at ok to cuddle dad… something happened to ur mother in her life… ITS PERFECTLY FINE FOR A CHILD TO CUDDLE MOM OR DAD!

1 Like

She’s absolutely ridiculous

2 Likes

Hmm :thinking: no. That’s the child father. Your mum has issues.
Both my children still cuddle their father & they are 11 years old & 6 years old.

2 Likes

Omg I would think there was something wrong if a 5 year old didn’t want a snuggle off their daddy!

2 Likes

Insert eye roll…tell your mom to stfu

3 Likes

Your mom needs to be cut out!

1 Like

Your mom has some issues.

1 Like

That’s ridiculous!!! What is inappropriate about a child snuggling with a parent ??

Maybe mom was abused as a child.
It’s perfectly fine to cuddle dad.

2 Likes

Seriously,there is nothing wrong with it. If that makes them happy and Dad is able to openly show her affection ,that is wonderful. What a good girl Dad :heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Ffs. It’s their dad.

I still cuddle with my dad when I can :woman_shrugging:t3: my dad is my protector and my hero, there will never be a day I don’t wanna put on a show and cuddle :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Your Mom is the issue. If your child can’t cuddle with their parents? That’s a problem.
5 year old will fart on you & make you smell it. It would a problem if they didn’t want to cuddle.

Your mom needs to cut it out

1 Like

I get why everyone’s saying the grandmother is overreacting. I would agree. However, I’ve had things happen to me that would definitely make me watch them like a hawk to make sure nothing inappropriate was going on because, at five, someone was touching me inappropriately while “snuggling” under a blanket on the couch. If there’s no reason to suspect anything then there’s nothing wrong with it. Just remember, most sexual predators are family or friends of the family and not strangers.

16 Likes

Our 5 yr old will come sleep snuggled up to her dad tell ur mom she is crazy and to keep her opinions to herself

Your mom needs to keep her opinions to herself :roll_eyes:

God Almighty he or she is a daddy’s kid that is completely normal especially girls because a girls figure out Daddy will let him get away with bloody murder