Is it inappropriate for a dad to sleep in the same bed as his daughter?

My daughter is five, almost six, and sleeps with me in the master bedroom. Both the father and I are roommates; he sleeps on her bed in her room as we plan on separating. However, when her father takes naps on weekends, we want our daughter to nap to-in the same bed as him. As I am an early riser in the mornings, he gets up and moves to sleep in the bed with our daughter. I have made multiple attempts that this behavior is not appropriate, and he fights me on it, saying nothing is wrong. I fear this will continue once we separate at the end of our lease as we will live on different sides of the state, more than 5 hours one way from each other. What should I do as I’m worried this will continue in my absence?

352 Likes

He’s her dad!? She’s still a baby?

15 Likes

I don’t see the issue. He is her dad.

18 Likes

Why don’t you think this is appropriate?? She’s sleeps in with you so what’s the difference??

37 Likes

So it’s ok for her to sleep with her mum but not her dad ? How is it inappropriate? What if he turned around and said to you that he doesn’t think her in with you is appropriate?

40 Likes

My 6 yr old sleeps in our bed all the time. That’s her dad! Not everything is bad like a lot of people make it out to be these days.

Shit kids need their dads too. Naps awake whenever

9 Likes

It’s no different from her sleeping in a bed with you

3 Likes

Errrrm how inappropriate that you’re in a bed with her! Since we are having that opinion… ffs

9 Likes

What is wrong with You?!

6 Likes

Would u feel the same if it were you and your 5 year old son? I’m my opinion unless he’s given u reason to think it’s not ok ( in which case u have a much bigger problem) she’s still his baby and I see nothing wrong with it.

14 Likes

Not inappropriate at all, in fact it will just strengthen the bond between them, and help her feel secure, knowing her dad’s there. My almost 9 year old will come and snuggle up with me or her dad, as does my 3 year old son.

Please, for the love of God and your child let them. It will create a bigger bond for them, esp with the circumstances y’all are in let them enjoy it. His her father.

7 Likes

Why is this inappropriate? She sleeps beside you so what’s the difference in her sleeping beside her daddy? She’s still a baby, once she is older she won’t want to sleep beside either of you, i say make the most of it now and all the cuddles while you can, they grow so fast!! I think your being a little inappropriate by even thinking this is a problem or by even trying to make it into one, due to the fact your separating and going to be so far apart poor man probably just wants to spend as much time as he can with his daughter, it’s her daddy for god sake!! Let them be.

14 Likes

You have serious issues, get help

16 Likes

No difference from sleeping in a bed with you x

2 Likes

Why do people keep asking if its appropriate for dad to do this or dad to do that around his daughter? Its her father. People need to stop sexulizing that relationship. If you don’t trust him around her then you have bigger problems to deal with.

1 Like

? Does he not have cloths on while sleeping? Cause thats the only issue i see. Is he he didnt have pjs on.

2 Likes

Either you have issues or you need full custody :joy:

8 Likes

I don’t see the issue. When my sons dad kids come to visit all his kids pile in bed with us from ages 7-11… nothing wrong with love and affection. We love our co sleep and snuggles!

She sleeps in bed with you and that’s okay what’s the issue did he do something to her if not then I think your being kinda sexist…

12 Likes

I will nap with my daughter, sleep through the night with my daughter, or stay awake all freaking night with my daughter. What’s the issue here? I don’t think I quite get what the problem is… are you saying you believe your husband is inappropriately touching his own daughter or…? I don’t get how else this would be deemed inappropriate. It’s okay for moms but not dads??

30 Likes

Has he ever given u any reason to think something bad might happen? Or that he might do something to her? If yes then definitely question this but if not then I don’t see the problem … also remember to talk to ur child about telling you anything and everything in life not just this situation

11 Likes

Why is this even an issue? She’s 5 and still needs to feel safe while sleeping. My daughter sleeps with her dad in our bed when I leave for work and she’s gonna be 7 this summer. Sounds to me like someone is jealous and bitter about the breakup.

My girls always get into bed with us in the middle of the night they are 8 and 9 . I would never even question them being in the bed with their daddy

7 Likes

So it’s ok she sleeps with you but not her own father? That doesn’t make any sense…

11 Likes

Omg go get help I can see why you are divorcing cause it’s clear you have issues and creating things out of nothing

Until last week my 5 year old Son has been sleeping with me and his father sleeps in a different room because of his work hours.
Am I being inappropriate for sleeping with my son? Unless he’s ever given you a reason to make you feel this way I don’t see a problem with it and if he has then why is he still staying there?

1 Like

I think her problem may be him moving to the childs bed when she gets up, if I read it correctly?
Sounds like the dude does3nr want to sleep alone if thats the case, and your child is not a crutch…

I think your being too much on a control freak on the situation and making a bid deal out of nothing. Your choosing to zone in on JUST that one thing. If he hasn’t given you no indication of hurting the baby than why go after him?? I can tell you exactly why. It’s just a way to nit pick at him because of the separation. Leave the daughter out of the separation because it’s only going to Ed up hurting her more than him sleeping with her ever will. Be glad she had a dad that WANTS to sleep with her and be in her life period. Pick and choose your battles more wisely from now on. That’s my best advice to you…

My daughter is almost four and sleeps between her dad and I, usually cuddled up to/spooning with her dad. There is nothing inappropriate about a father and daughter cuddling together. Its healthy and normal, and I’m sure makes your daughter feel comforted and loved by both parents during this difficult time of transition in her life as you two separate. If she has shown no issue or hesitation in sleeping with him I don’t believe you have any reason to be concerned.

13 Likes

Stop trying to look for ways to break their bond because you are separating. What if he neglected your daughter? Didn’t care to spend time with her? Allow her to be daddy’s girl and get over yourself.

Wow!! Sorry but its YOU theres something wrong with here hes her dad and unless you have a genuine safeguarding issue with him then let that be hes her daddy and clearly loves her so unless youre making a real accusation then why woupd them sharing a bed be a concern

16 Likes

You need to stop with the bullshit

Does no one remember whole families sleeping in the same bed? Took naps with the kids… Idk social breakdown is getting asinine

13 Likes

So it’s one rule for you one rule for the other person??? I’m confused as to what you’re insinuating by this post. Do you believe that he is abusing your daughter? Or are you just being sexist?

3 Likes

My dad slept with me.
He never touched me in a way that made me uncomfortable.
He wasn’t sexual towards me.
He was a daddy sleeping with his child.

So she can sleep with you but not her dad? I think YOU are the one needing help :woman_shrugging: sick.

5 Likes

I thought this was a nail page what the actual???

16 Likes

Didn’t you just post earlier that y’all had a wired interaction at a friends place about cutting up a pineapple???
Now it’s y’all are divorcing?!?!
Wtf!?!?

3 Likes

I’m failing to see an issue? My kids dad and I are separated, I’ve been with my partner almost 8 years my youngest is 12 and still climbs in our bed and when they go to their dads he gets in his bed. I certainly don’t have an issue with it. It does kinda sound like you don’t trust him with her though?

1 Like

I feel like you’re the one trying to make it seem inappropriate.

Its her father!!! No issue at all

4 Likes

All kids should sleep in their own beds

8 Likes

It’s his child there’s nothing wrong with that

2 Likes

I think if she does sleep with him they should be under different blankets. But shes also at the age where separation might be difficult when the time to move beds does come

There is a history of Dads touching their daughters. I wouldn’t allow it until she’s absolutely old enough to know if she is being touch wrongfully she will be able to tell it. Also teach her that it’s wrong if any boy or man touch her inappropriately. Some girls were touched as kids and told their Mom’s and they didn’t believe it until they ended up on the Steve Wilco show. Better safe than freaking sorry.

15 Likes

If it’s inappropriate for the father it’s inappropriate for you. I feel it’s more trying to separate your kid from the dad. I think you’re the inappropriate one for trying to sexualise your child and fathers relationship.

131 Likes

What’s the issue. She’s sleeping with you why can’t she sleep with her dad? I remember I was 7 or 8 and when I went to my dad’s my brother and me would watch movies in bed with dad and then sleep with him. It wasn’t anything creepy. You’re being weird

He is her parent, you don’t get to tell him how to parent.
Making a false accusation of inappropriate touching is harmful to your daughter. Take a parenting class to enlighten yourselves of all the ways divorce and family separation affect your children.

16 Likes

Its a tough one at this age now consistently even when having naps id say not now and then of she need a cuddle comforting dad dream that sort of thing obviously yes but if anything I’d worry why he would insist she sleeps with him that bit seems strange I mean you must be worried about something to post this if not you wouldn’t have posted maybe have a conversation together about how she’s getting older maybe encouraging her to sleep independently

2 Likes

My kids are 12 and 14 and still crawl in bed once in a while with me or their dad. It’s a comfort thing. If my child needs us to be there were gonna be there I don’t care if they are 40. That’s our job as parents!

Why is a 6 year old napping?

11 Likes

Some of these people here believe in incest. And people are nothing like they were these nutts don’t know if they’re coming or going. He might be a great dad but I wouldn’t trust it. Like I said when she’s older, fine

The fact that we see something wrong with a father sharing a bed with their child is crazy. It shouldn’t be a question. Geesh. This is one of the many reasons why little girls and fathers relationships are so taboo. Everything is specialized. Girls need physical love and affection from their father.

33 Likes

The same post??? Ummm

10 Likes

So much for “nails”

You are the weakest link. Good bye

10 Likes

So you can share a bed with her but he can’t? You’re her mum and he’s her dad you are both EQUAL in her life. You are not superior!!!
Is he a nonce? Genuine question!! That would be the only need for concern! And if you had concern around that then he shouldn’t be in house or around the kids at all. I think you’re being so fucking hypocritical because if he told you to stop sleeping in the bed with her you’d have something to say about that. Ffs🤦🏼‍♀️

If you’re worried about abuse and your instincts are telling you something is wrong then I’d be majorly worried. If everything seems fine and no red flags are popping up then it’s completely fine for them to nap together :hugs:

2 Likes

why tf is there conversation about parenting in a “:nail_care:t5:” group page :face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking:

9 Likes

Why would you think it is? She’s is daughter

2 Likes

Looks like the only one with noncy thoughts and sexualising their relationship is you tbh. Are you a nonce cause you share a bed with her??

WHY do you feel it’s inappropriate?
She’s young.
He adores her.
Soon they’ll be separated if you’re in the process of.
My child sleeps with her dad.
It’s only inappropriate of inappropriate things are going on.
Other than that it’s a parent crawling into bed with their child.
NO different than a momma curling up with her 5/6 year old son.
I commend dad for being there like that.
It’s sweet.

Am I reading this right? Yes this is wrong in so many ways! Needs to stop NOW.

This confusing… it’s ok for you but not for him? Are you looking for reasons to take his rights away? Cause that’s how I feel. I might be wrong. Something seems off. And before anyone says it women have touched there own kids before it just pushed under the rug no one wants to believe a women could do that.

7 Likes

You are ridiculous seriously

1 Like

Why even have a kid by him if that’s how u feel?

Same admin​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I dont see anything wrong with a father sharing a bed with his child. I share my bed with my kids, whats the difference??

6 Likes

Not appreciate not at all so mine red flags

The bigger question is…why post this on a nails page? Wierdos!!!

8 Likes

Is there a real concern or are you just tripping because you’re mad at him? Abuse comes from both genders… if he’s a predator, why have him in the house with your kid at all? You sound like you’re gearing up to do some real damage to your CHILD. DON’T!!!

It’s not wrong. I slept in the same bed as my dad, I was a daddy’s girl. If he’s doing inappropriate things, then provide proof and remove yourself from the situation. It’s really not that difficult.

4 Likes

I was raised by my dad. If I got scared I would climb in my dad’s bed. When I was that age I couldn’t sleep unless I was by my dad

1 Like

Couldn’t imagine sexualising a father daughter relationship when no sinister action/ behaviour has been performed.

13 Likes

Why do you think it’s in appropriate? If y’all were together and co slept with her it wouldn’t be an issue or if you napped with her it’s the same thing , there is nothing wrong with a dad napping with his daughter , I love when my kids sleep or cuddle with dad is a bonding time for them

3 Likes

Honestly do you get a weird feeling? To answer your question I would need more answers… like how big is the bed how is he sleeping back to back spoon direction ect? Does your daughter feel uncomfortable or made any suggestions?.. My 4 year old daughter will hop in my spot as soon as I get out of the bed just to steal my snuggles (that’s what I say to her anyways lol) but I will lightly tap and tell her dad that she’s in the bed just so he’s aware and doesn’t roll over to hold her the way he would me (it’s never happened and he knows the difference between us but it’s just a little fyi for him) so go generally answer you question my opinion is NO there is no issue with a girl to sleep in the bed with her father. Our son is 5 and loves for me to hold him like a spoon (my mommas boy :heart:) and there is absolutely nothing inappropriate about me cuddling & snuggling up with my babies :100:

There should be a reason for you feeling uncomfortable. If you are just asking without a reason to know if this is inappropriate, then my answer would be no. My daughter is almost 4 and she is very fond of her dad. She sneaks into our bed early mornings and she literally turns her back on me to snuggle with daddy. They nap together with no reason for me to be uncomfortable. They have a healthy relationship which we value. Fathers and daughters tend to have a more special bond than mommies and daughters and there is nothing wrong with it.

Definitely not inappropriate at all! Why is it ok for you and not him? That is a genuine question so please answer as I am genuinely wanting to know your reasoning behind it ?

9 Likes

Should be no problem at the moment, it appears that he had not conducted inappropriate behaviour towards his daughter. However I would encourage him to see it from an outsiders perspective- there has to come a time when it must stop. Your daughter should not get dependent on sleeping with either of you.

My daughter is 15 and still finds her way to her daddy. She will sleep right at his feet. I don’t even wake her. I think it’s beautiful.

3 Likes

If he has had a history of being inappropriate then yes you’re right but if he doesn’t, i personally don’t see anything wrong with this.

1 Like

Unless he has givin you reason for concern you are being sexist in my opinion. Yes, there is a history of men touching children. There is also a history of women touching children. In one sentence you use the term “We want her to take naps with him.” Then in the next sentence you say, “I have made multiple attempts that this behavior is inappropriate.”
Seems as though you may possibly be a woman scorned and you are trying to use your child as leverage against your husband. If this is the case DON’T. It will damage your little girl and it will be something she will have issues with her entire life.

18 Likes

Why? Do u feel he would be inappropriate with ur daughter ?

Are you implying you don’t trust the father of your child all of a sudden :thinking::thinking: why would you have his child if you felt that way… or is this because you are divorcing now so you have an issue :eyes::eyes::eyes:

9 Likes

He is the child’s father, correct? I don’t see anything wrong it. But I don’t know him. Do YOU feel like he could be a child molester or something? If that’s the case then you shouldn’t be asking this group if it’s ok. Go with your gut!

Why would that even be a thought in your head… unless there’s a reason it should be inappropriate…
I slept in the same bed with my dad until I was about 11 I would sleep near his feet since he slept on the couch id just make a nest on the end by his feet

4 Likes

Ok time to delete this page

8 Likes

When I took a 3 day trip to Ohio, my then 4 year old slept in the bed with her daddy. He is my husband, and the father of my kids. I feel like you are thinking he might do something? It’s not fair. Apparently your child feels safe. Let it be.

He’s her dad, she loves him and you. I don’t see a problem with it at all.

3 Likes

:thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: on a nail page??

11 Likes

He is her father. This post doesn’t even make sense. Smh a father-daughter Bond is not something that you can comprehend obviously. He is her protector.

6 Likes

Are you looking for an issue? That’s her daddy… Unless you’re considering he has shown signs of abuse before would be the only way that would be inappropriate. If not, I don’t see anything wrong with that.

6 Likes

:neutral_face:I’m just going to unlike this page​:rofl: YOU need help … End of story .

18 Likes

I think you need some therapy honey. You may have some unresolved childhood trama. If there is no proof of bad behavior and you are just creating it in your head now that you and him are separated. He is her dad. She is allowed to love him too. If you really think its that inappropriate why are you still there? Why is he still around? Honestly this sounds like a you issue, and not a him issue

My daughter is 2 and sleeps in between her father and I… when I’m on third shift she cuddles up to him to go to sleep. It’s normal fathers need relationships with their daughters💜

8 Likes

Ok WTF why am I seeing this on this page?

5 Likes

Why would that even be inappropriate, it’s her dad… the world is going mad

6 Likes

This is ridiculous! Grow up and let him be a father to his kid! Nothing wrong with a father sleeping in with their kids, just like there’s nothing wrong with a mother doing it!

1 Like

why is this only a concern now you’re separated :thinking: your kid is 5, surely if you’ve had ANY kind of concerns this wouldn’t be a habit all 3 of you have been comfortable with FoR FiVe WhOLe yEaRs :thinking: I’d question your own feelings of wanting to blast this all over Facebook before insinuating what he’s doing is inappropriate all of a sudden :roll_eyes::tipping_hand_woman:

9 Likes

So your daughter sleeps in the bed with you, her parent. But you’re concerned about her sleeping in the same bed with her dad… her other parent :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Does he have an issue with her sleeping in with you? Because that’s the same damn thing.

8 Likes