Is it inappropriate for a dad to sleep in the same bed as his daughter?

We always so worried about these fathers being fathers. What about woman who do and say questionable shit? Should he be questioning you? Fact is, he could probably get an air mattress and put it in her room or yours. And she can sleep in her own bed. Why is it okay that she sleeps in your bed??? I feel like you’re leaving something out of the story. But whatever.

As someone who has divorced their kids dad, I can tell you experience, if you are involving friends of the court or anything, they will make it clear that it’s not appropriate. I was letting my ex do the same, (just on nights he was on call and needed to be in my town) and foc made it beyond clear that he was not to share a bed or room with my daughters.

4 Likes

All of you jumping down this mother’s throat. Instead of being angry about her question why don’t tot ask why she feels this way? Why she wants to separate her husband and daughter during nap time? She asked a question because she seemed very concerned. I didn’t even think of anything sexist when she asked it. I was wondering what her husband did that his wife doesn’t feel comfortable with their child in bed with him.

9 Likes

Absolutely nothing wrong with that! This is the problem with co-parenting, or lack thereof…mom & dad split up. Mom is bitter or pissed off about the reasons behind it. Mom automatically keeps the child, (because 'Murica!) Then does all she can to paint the vivid image of how hard her life is and her “baby daddy” is a POS, etc., (GRANTED! Some are!! I know that) but then the double standards kick in. I have 2 sons. One is 20, the other 19. GUESS WHAT? If some chicken head breaks one of their hearts, come bring your tail over to Mommas, and I will cuddle the crap out of you!! Because that’s what a Mom does! I also have 2 daughters, aged 18 & 15. Who when bored will come lay at the foot of our bed. (Shocker-whether I’m in it or not!!) So let your child love her daddy!! They’re only young for a brief period of time! Oh yeah-my 4 kids, ARENT biological. They become my stepchildren at ages 1, 4, 5, & 6. because my husband had custody of them all. #DadsNeedMoreCredit #LetHetBeLittle #IStillNeedMyDadAtForty

I’m 30 and still take naps next to my dad…And sleep next to him when he is sick or just too lazy to go to my room when we’re watching tv. Never been an issue…my parents are still married…it’s not, not normal…

6 Likes

Dad’s lives matter! To even get on here and ask such question is one low blow towards him. You better have valid reasoning to even ask such a question. Obviously this is normalcy to most people that there’s nothing wrong with what you’re making issue of. Please get off this page and find yourself a family counselor - therapist to get to the root cause. If you’re soon to be X is innocent and sees this chances are you’ve expedited process. He’ll be out house tomorrow!

Whys it alright for you to sleep in the same bed but inappropriate for the father? :joy: painting it in that kind of way is more inappropriate lol

14 Likes

Also taking naps especially with at a young age with your dad is fine. But for a dad to constantly want to be in bed with his daughter? To constantly sleep in her bed? There are boundaries.

4 Likes

I’m 35 and I still love to take naps and cuddle with My dad… my sister takes one arm I take the other and all three of us k.o when we come up to visit …

Like other post said unless he is showing signs of abuse let it be… dads are important in girls lives

My fiancés daughters are teenagers and still climb in bed with him… No matter how many times he tells them to stop. It’s not inappropriate. It’s a father-daughter bond.

Follow your intuition.

I think if this is was an actual concern maybe you’d want to first change the sleeping arrangements not ask Facebook?

8 Likes

Excuse me what??? The only issue I see here is you having an issue with it… that’s her dad!

It sounds like your trying to paint him out to be a bad father when clearly he isn’t! Your trying to make a mole hill out of an ant hill! She’s still a small child. Small children most of the time need someone to lay with them to fall asleep! Nothing wrong with him laying next to his child while she sleeps! If it’s inappropriate for him then it’s inappropriate for you! Your double standards will eventually drive that dad away from his child! And that will be your fault! So stop with your double standards and let that child have a bond with her dad!

1 Like

Is this the only thing you have against him? :joy:

3 Likes

So it’s okay for you to share the bed with your daughter at night but ita not okay for her daddy to share the bed with her for a nap.
I think you’re looking for an issue to be honest and what you say makes no sense at all and quite hypocritical :woman_shrugging:

13 Likes

Why? What is concerning about it? She is 5… if she was 10+ then yeah maybe then yes but…

Would it be wrong for a mother to sleep in the same bed as her daughter or Son…

EXACTLY 🤦

Adam Formstone

1 Like

I see absolutely nothing wrong with it! My daughter spends every weekend at her dad’s house and sleeps in the bed with him. She’s almost 9! It has never occurred to me to feel strangely about it at all. She doesn’t have another place to sleep when she is there but even if she did and just wanted to sleep there I would never bat an eye. Unless he has ever given you reason to suspect he is creepy about kids then give the poor guy a break. If she has her own place to sleep in his new place it is very unlikely to continue. It sounds like he has nowhere else to go at the moment.

I think she’s a crank looking 4 stuff

3 Likes

Why are you consrnd about it? Thats what actually matters

2 Likes

I’m 34 and I still take naps next to my dad :relieved::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

IMO this is inappropriate.

7 Likes

This makes me feel funny :face_with_monocle:. Why should this be a problem?? Father and daughter?? Is your ex a pedo??? Do u think this off him?? Dad’s can’t be dads these days.

52 Likes

So it’s fine for her to sleep in bed with you because your her mum but it’s not fine because he’s her dad I can’t see a problem with it it’s her dad.

43 Likes

If she was a boy, would it be weird for you to allow him to sleep with you?

16 Likes

I have to agree it’s not unnatural at all. It’s no different to her sleeping with you. Prior to splitting would she join you both in bed for cuddles?

I really feel for dads they worry so much about things that are completely natural.

21 Likes

Yeah lady back off if it’s inappropriate for him then you are inappropriate to. And if you think something is wrong with a dad and daughter being close you should get your head examined and it’s no wonder you are separating.

27 Likes

I slept in the same bed as my dad at that age…nothing wrong about it. He wasn’t a perv, he was just my dad laying next to his daughter. If you have a problem with him laying with her why are you with him?!? Because it would never even cross my mind to question the father of my daughter sleeping with her in her bed.

1 Like

My daughter is 11 and sometimes sleeps with her dad at his house. Obviously because of her ago, she’s got shorts/pants on

I really don’t know how you think your relationship is more important than his with her? Girls need their dads and you should be thankful that she has one that loves her. I think it’s petty and wrong of you to even think like that.

19 Likes

Why is this inappropriate ?
He is the father of the child?
Why making a deal over nothing…
This is strange in my opinion.

Wait, so she’s aloud to sleep with you coz your her mum but she’s not allowed to sleep with dad…why?? Why is it inappropriate?? Why do you view it as inappropriate??

11 Likes

I wouldn’t be able to put a wedge between the love my daughter has for her daddy like that. She loves napping with her daddy. Dad’s should be allowed all the snuggles just like mom’s.

Sort your head out- your weird for even thinking that its inappropriate

11 Likes

This is Noones business but your own. And should be dealt with privately and how you see fit. Some things are better left off social media. I don’t see any good opinions coming from this.

5 Likes

I find it a little uncomfortable and would not want it happening either.

6 Likes

Eh ? Why would that be inappropriate? It’s her dad nothing wrong with that at all

7 Likes

I think she would sleep in her own bed,this could be a problem larer on when she needs to be independent!!!

9 Likes

STOP COMPARING MOTHERS AND FATHERS. The child came from our body and the connection between a Mother and her child is COMPLETELY different.

21 Likes

I don’t think I understand why you are so worried about this? I feel it’s some type of trigger or trauma you hold inside or a jealousy thing maybe? I knew another mother who was this way with her daughter and I knew the father well and their daughter was 6 and she loved to sleep in the bed with her dad on his weekends with her. It was harmless and innocent and it was quality time in its own way. As a girl I use to love to sleep with my parents and when my mother was not in bed I’d still lay with my dad and it was so comforting and I loved it and my father did too to be with one of his little girls. I don’t feel there is anything wrong with it and if there is then that needs to be addressed with the court of law as a serious matter and I don’t feel it is that way as you would have called the police already if there was anything weird on inappropriate going on.

You’re not only being irrational, you’re also being incredibly sexist.

Also, are you trying to suggest that because he is a male, he is inherently a predator?
Because if you are, you’re just plain old nasty.

22 Likes

I find it inappropriate.

4 Likes

The mom needs some serious help, it’s definitely not normal for you to take it there. Ya’ll both made & love your child so if he chooses to lay with his child it should be fine. Just because you carried her its different? You have issues & need help

7 Likes

This is why dad’s cant be dad’s these days. He is her dad too. If you feel he’s inappropriate why’d you have a baby with him?

21 Likes

Are you inappropriate for having these thoughts?

Have you left out information that could change the whole context of this story?

Child sexual abuse is perpetrated by both males and females. So, why is a child safer with you than him?

20 Likes

I hope you’re not expressing your feelings to you’re daughter. If he has never done anything to make her uncomfortable then why would this even run through your mind… because you no longer love each other has NOTHING to do with your daughter! Sounds like parent alienation to me, (look it up).

20 Likes

You’re uncomfortable with his actions for a reason. Always follow your gut instinct especially, were your children are concerned.
I certainly wouldn’t want my daughter (or my sons) waking up to their father’s ‘morning glory.’

Child should have her own sleeping space and not sleep with either parent; having said that there is no difference between parents.

14 Likes

Stop judging this woman. She is asking out of concern. A cuddle on the couch is enough I feel? especially since they are separating and Mum won’t be around. May be there’s something behind her fears. I wouldn’t encourage it myself. just my opinion…

Her name must be Karen

5 Likes

HES HER DAD!!! Your ok with the child sleeping with you! Why should it be different for her sleeping with her dad??? Get a grip, and suck it up he has as much input as you do.
Get the child back in her own room…you and dad need to sort your own sleeping arrangements out, wether it be on the couch or blow up mattress.

14 Likes

No it’s not a problem if it’s ok for u to do it then why is not ok for the father it’s his child as much as yours

7 Likes

See nothing wrong with father and daughter sharing a bed

5 Likes

I slept in between my mom n dad for 9 years and I am perfectly fine as an adult I don’t see why y’all are making such a big deal of it. Has there been issues before with him or anyone else inappropriately touching her?

Why is there even a concern on your side? Follow your gut feeling!

My son slept in my bed (yes he had the most amazing fire truck bed :woman_facepalming:t2: but obviously my bed was better) until he was about 9-10?
He also shared a bed with his dad on visits and things, he is scared of the dark.
Unless that child raises a concern with you or has UT infections etc. there is literally no need for concern at this stage!
Make sure you drum into her the inappropriateness of touching!

I also think your projecting you feelings! You and dad are in not only separate beds but different rooms so your obviously having some troubles in your relationship. Do not take that out on a father and daughters relationship! How about put your daughter back in HER bed and figure out your relationship and buy a blow up mattress for him while you figure it out

4 Likes

You are making something out of nothing. Unless you have notice inappropriate behaviour or your daughter is uncomfortable, I wouldn’t worry.

8 Likes

If you have doubts that he is a peado then yes but if it’s just a dad having a cuddle with his daughter then no… it’s her dad for goodness sake!

9 Likes

You’ve posted this bullshit on more than one site… leave your baby daddy the hell alone… he should be glad he’s not sleeping with you anymore… stop bullying

8 Likes

He’s her dad not a pedo

12 Likes

Wow lady just wow… I’m actually speechless

2 Likes

It’s his daughter. Enough said! Unless you think he is molesting her, it’s normal and appropriate for a father to sleep in the same bed as his 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 etc year old daughter.

2 Likes

If he is doing no harm and just snuggling or laying next to her there really is no reason for it. I loved it when I was a kid. My dad is a great man and he made me feel loved and protected especially when I woke up from nightmares. If u keep pushing this and ur daughter sees u are basically saying she isnt safe around any man not even her father. What she once thought of him as her protector now she sees him as a predator. IF NO HARM IS DONE TO HER it is completely natural.

Would you sleep with your child at this age if he was a boy
Would it mean that I should not lay in the same bed as my grandsons especially when they have nightmares
Nothing wrong with it
Kids just want to be close to any parent
It’s just normal

I’m confused. In one part you say ‘we want our daughter to nap in the same bed as him’ but in another you have a problem with it? Assuming he doesn’t sleep naked then it should be ok for another year or so. Perhaps use the rule about brothers and sisters not sharing a room after a certain age.

2 Likes

Okay , why does your daughter need naps at 6 years old ?
Is she in school ?
They don’t get naps in the schools where I live .
My kids stopped taking naps at 18 months it was disturbing their sleep at night . We were awake at 5:30 am and bedtime was 7:30 at that age .
Co-sleeping is fine . No matter which parent it is with . Their relationship is there relationship. You can’t change anything about the way he will parent when it is his time with her . The only thing you can control is your actions . Let him do things his way . And you do things your way . You don’t have to agree .

1 Like

I DEFINITELY WOULD PUT A STOP TO IT ASAP !!! Trust me . My gut instinct is spot on. Please don’t overlook this behavior.

Nothing wrong with it…except…its a hard habit to break…

2 Likes

Troll Alert, Someone just looking for some attention

1 Like

If she was a boy, would u allow him to still climb into bed with u at that age? If the answer is yes then why is it different for a father to share a bed with his daughter? Unless he has given any sign of him having inappropriate intentions, then I don’t see the problem :woman_shrugging:t2: my son’s used to climb into bed with me up until they were 6/7 years old when I would just put them straight back to bed in their own beds. My son who is 5 still comes and gets in my bed for a cuddle some nights. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it in my eyes at that age.

Separate BEDS for everyone simple

4 Likes

Twisted thoughts (N)

Your post is confusing. First you say “we want our daughter to nap in the same bed as him”, if you have concerns, why did you allow it?
Do you feel he is grooming her? Have you seen any inappropriate behavior from him?

If you are trying to be bitter toward him and use this as a bully tactic, no one is going to support you. But, if you legitimately saw inappropriate behavior, then you need to step up and be a mom and protect your daughter. Sometimes, this type of behavior can be a grooming tool peds use on their victims. Look for the red flags. And if there are no red flags, be grateful he is a good dad.

2 Likes

Let him be a parent. It’s no different than you sleeping with your daughter. Like be happy he is with your daughter and actually gives a shit about her ok

4 Likes

So your daughter can co sleep with you but not her own father? Whack lol r u ok?

You say you want her to take naps with him? But he’s also not allowed? What am I reading

10 Likes

Wtf I just saw this exact same thing in another group I’m in. I think you’re just trying to start shit where it isn’t needed. Be thankful her father isn’t a damn deadbeat that just walks out and says fuck you, at least he wants to be in his kids life. Why do I get the feeling you’re one of those type that will try to poison her against her dad and try to coach her to say inappropriate things happened when they didn’t…

9 Likes

If it was a 5 year old son would you be comfortable with him in bed with you ? Thought so.

You have double standards.

17 Likes

This seems like you think hes a pedo. I slept with my dad and grandparents(when he worked night shift) till I was almost 7 I believe. Unless she is showing ACTUAL signs of abuse I see nothing wrong

Yes it is inappropriate for a father to sleep in the same bed as his daughter.

8 Likes

Why can’t she sleep with her dad, but she can you don’t get it.

1 Like

Get your mind/brain out of the gutter, LADY!!! :rage::rage::rage:

9 Likes

U want ur 5 almost 6yr old to take naps? Seriously lady. If ur going to make a post for attention at least make it believable. 2 much wrong in this post and sadly the biggest thing wrong is u

4 Likes

if my kid is 45yrs old and wants to sleep next to me im ok with that. As a child I did it up to my tweens and then I decided to be independent and cool and rebellious. I loved cuddling up to my mom or dad (separated and in different houses) when I was a kid. It made me feel protected and loved and I slept so much better cause of it. (And yes I believe the father should have the privilege as well!)

If he is doing no harm and just snuggling or laying next to her there really is no reason for it. I loved it when I was a kid. My dad is a great man and he made me feel loved and protected especially when I woke up from nightmares. If u keep pushing this and ur daughter sees u are basically saying she isnt safe around any man not even her father. What she once thought of him as her protector now she sees him as a predator. IF NO HARM IS DONE TO HER it is completely natural.

Are you crazy?? Father molested their children. Smh

2 Likes

Listen my son is turning 15 this year and he still some nights crawl into bed with me and sleeps next to me, in the same bed, and you know what i cuddle the shit out of him. I DO NOT see anything wrong with a parent wanting to hold/cuddle or sleep next to their child.
On the other hand if you have noticed unappropriate behaviour, then yes obviously you should worry, but do not make something if there is nothing.
In my personal opinion, there is nothing more beautiful than a parent/child relationship that is based on love and pure and true affection that is innocent.

1 Like

Why are all of you thinking it’s okay for a father sleeping in the same bed as his daughter? Y’all wouldn’t be typing the same thing if a mother is sleeping in the same bed as her son.

4 Likes

Its not inappropriate for my child father to sleep in the bed with her…If thats the case i didnt have no business opening my legs for him period…If i cant trust him in the bed with our child…

If you don’t trust the father to sleep in a bed with your child perhaps don’t have kids with him? Maybe?! Fucking hell

14 Likes

It’s his daughter. You should know the man that he is.

2 Likes

He should refuse bonding is just kisses hugs in public view.

1 Like

It’s your child why are you asking a Facebook group a bunch of strangers what is appropriate or inappropriate for your child.

15 Likes

The only problem i see is that a 5yr old is still cosleeping with a parent but as dad sleeping in the same bed
I dont see the issue. Do you get satisfaction when she is in bed with you? Are you sexualizing your naps wit her? Is he a pedophile?
If all those answers are no then stop been petty bcuz you sound like a typical bitter babymama that wants to create any excuse to make all the decisions of a child that took 2 people to create.

50 Likes

This makes no sense! Its her FATHER! If you think something is going on call the damn cops or take her to a dr. Don’t get on Facebook and start shit when it comes to your child’s saftey. And another thing you think she isn’t safe around him yet your willing to let her go stay with him 5 freaking hours away yet you don’t trust him to take a fucking nap with his daughter? She’s 5 not 15 and you my dear need to grow up!

1 Like

If a man is going to do anything ‘inappropriate’ with a child, they do not need to be sleeping in the same bed to do so, so for those with that mindset, bare that in mind.

If a man or woman is going to do anything inappropriate to a child, they will do regardless of where they are!

I see absolutely no problem with a child having a nap or sleep in the same ‘space’ as a parent, sofa, bed, den in the living room, its all the same.

Whenever I go out I come home to my lot all asleep together, usually because they are upset I’m not there!

Feel sad for the man, its his daughter and he shouldn’t be attacked for doing what he sees as a normal thing to do!

3 Likes

You are insane and controlling. You can sleep with her but not him? Get over yourself.

12 Likes

This post is so confusing wtf :woman_facepalming:t4:

4 Likes

Anyone commenting here will get attacked from randoms and their opinions just saying. Beware! :roll_eyes: Can’t say shit these days.

2 Likes

My daughter is 9 years old and still sleeps in same bed with her dad sometimes. Wth this post makes me lost lol

1 Like