Is it inappropriate for a dad to sleep in the same bed as his daughter?

Nor sure? Go ask a much of strangers on social media.

3 Likes

Cuddling upto a parent for naps is natural especially when both are appropriately clothed.
Do you mean daytime naps if so why is your child still napping at almost 6yrs old should be playing doing stuff.
Yes your partner needs his own bed so your daughter has her bed to herself especially as she gets older

3 Likes

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this except your thoughts are in the wrong place which I find are a little far out. Think you should stop trying to find a problem and hope like mad she continues to see her dad when your child needs both her mum and dad

10 Likes

I think from the comments on 2 pages you e put this on
Why is it any different from your kid to sleep with you but not her dad :woman_shrugging: seems like your fishing for some sort of justification

12 Likes

My husband sleeps with my 5 year daughter n it’s absolutely fine they both love each other very much u r over thinking

WHAT!! If I was the dad I’d be very offended…
you was with this man for years I am assuming and to think This way is perverted. Why is there something wrong with it what because he’s a MAN !!! Have a word with yourself

9 Likes

It’s not inappropriate unless he’s a pedophile. If he’s just a good dad, no. It’s loving.

4 Likes

Why is ok for you to sleep with your daughter but he isn’t allowed to sleep next to his daughter. You are sexualising something that isn’t. I’d be pissed at you aswell if I was him

15 Likes

So it’s ok for you as the mother to sleep in the same bed but not the father​:yawning_face::sleeping:
If you won’t allow it maybe you shouldn’t be sleeping in the same bed…rethink the whole sleeping arrangements get your daughter in her own bed, you and the father discuss your sleeping arrangements .

4 Likes

Wow… shes 5 years old. There is nothing wrong with them sleeping in the same bed. Theres even precautions he can take. Like having seperate blankets, having some pillows in between each other and make it like a pillow fort… your already taking ALOT of time away from them :frowning: . :wink: stop being a bitch

3 Likes

Kerrie Chambers frfr I wish I still had mines xoxo

Like fr … All we know about this is one side-ed … Hell on my mama I’m gonna ask my child … IJS frfr so like what else you ain’t saying

Smh fukni scroll up on smh again gn/gm

If you had any doubts on him . He shouldn’t be in your home period. You sound bitter asf

9 Likes

I was on night shift my ex slepted in my sons bed as he had tempeture .but I wouldn’t allow my sons dad to sleep in my sons bed all time sounds like pedophile .my kid brothers used to wake up during night sneak into my parents bed

I don’t see a problem

I do not believe it’s inappropriate, unless you have physical proof that he is being a pervert then you shouldn’t come between the father and daughter.

1 Like

You’re making excuses…you still want your husband…#realtalk

3 Likes

Go by your GUT INSTINCT. It will NEVER let you down x

5 Likes

My cousin told me that her hubby baths in the tub with their 8 year old daughter. I cautioned her against this behavior because it’s not appropriate according to me.

As a mother of a child who was abused by her father I wouldn’t worry unless there were indications that he took an interest in children and some different sexual preferences… I had to speak to a psychologist about the whole ordeal, obviously as a mum our first job is to protect our children from harm and had to learn that I wouldn’t of known the signs, I think it would be a good idea to read up online to find out what these signs are so you can put your mind to rest which I’m sure it will

2 Likes

Youre starting unnecessary drama. The separation is going to be hard enough on your kid. Don’t make it harder by making it seem like he’s doing something wrong.

19 Likes

If your having concerns about this I feel like maybe you need to reevaluate the whole situation. Are you trying to say he’s abusing your daughter ? I’m confused but seems like that’s what your implying and if that’s the case then you need to do something ASAP !!!

3 Likes

This day and age the world is evil. It is not right so move with your daughter period.

7 Likes

I use to sleep with my son (6) often to help settle him after my separation with my boys father, I don’t see anything wrong with it especially if you say it’s OK for her to do it with you. You are both parents who care for your child. Why must there be something sinister here. A good parent provides comfort, support and love which it sounds like he is doing

Why not put the child in her room. You sleep on the sofa and let him have the bed.
Really sounds like you are trying to accuse him of something.

13 Likes

Whenever I visited my dad me and my younger brother would both sleep in the same bed as our dad, never felt weird or uncomfortable. If you feel uncomfortable about it ask why. If it’s uncomfortable due to a risk that’s one thing If it’s just being upset about it’s, it’s normal.

I think it’s ok for this to happen (he is the dad) when our girls were younger the loved sleeping with me and dad. But girls are daddy’s girls (well mine are ) and the love sleep with him! No wonder ur not getting on’!!!
Imagine if he said she can’t sleep with you :man_shrugging:t4::man_shrugging:t4:

13 Likes

There must be more to this.

3 Likes

So you’re saying it’s OK for them to nap together… But that it’s inappropriate for him to sleep in the bed with her on a morning?
What?

8 Likes

I will take advantage of every minute I can with my daughter, cause there will be a time that we will no longer be able to do that :frowning:

Nothing wrong at all in my opinion with a father sleeping in the same bed as his daughter xx

No it is not ok. Speaking from experience.

2 Likes

Why would you even question this??!! She is 5 not 15, if you think this is inappropriate then I’m sorry to say it’s you that has the problem

8 Likes

Not a thing wrong with it

2 Likes

Are you kidding me?!?!? Is this question even real?!?!? She’s a daddy’s girl and likes her daddy (protector) to sleep next to her. This stage doesn’t last very long and he is probably sucking up as much time as possible before you take his kid across the state to where he only gets to see her 4 days a week!!! Makes me wonder if your trying to make a monkey out of a mole hill so you get full custody.

10 Likes

Trust your instincts if you feel something that truly jeopardizes your child’s safety is happening and investigate it on your own before asking any questions immediately. Don’t listen to others on here that only have insults. Should (and hopefully) nothing arise from that, I wouldn’t think more into it.

8 Likes

Lol dose she sleep in the same bed as you?? My kids slept in my bed till they were like 7&9 until I got a boyfriend then my bed was off limits to my kids… but they sleep with their dad and their step mum and all their kids together in the lounge room and I see nothing wrong with it… I think if you are separating he might see it as a bonding for him and his daughter before you live in separate houses… I think maybe a counceler for co parenting may help too

2 Likes

Think about it the other way round would you be comfortable with a son sleeping with you at 5 . My grandson sleeps in my bed when he’s stays over he’s 10 and I have no problem with that I we both have pjs on

Is there a reason you don’t trust him? Why is it okay for a mum to share a bed with their child and not the dad? Personally think this is a you problem if that’s the way you’re thinking.

8 Likes

Nope, nothing wrong with it!!

1 Like

That is ridiculous that you think its ok for you to sleep with her but not her father. There is nothing wrong w a father loving his child. A father can be affectionate and it not be sexualized. Shame on you.

5 Likes

My son climbed into my bed every night until he was 6 he cuddled next to me. If ur unhappy with the situation get a sofa bed and have him sleep on there. If you guys chose to be roommates where did u expect him to sleep? In your bed with u or the floor

Poor kid having 2 parents 5 hours a part how sad is that.

6 Likes

My daughters father sleeps in the same bed with our daughter she’s 3 I don’t see anything wrong

Why did u even have a kid with him if that’s how u feel?

7 Likes

Not even going to read comments if u feel it’s inappropriate do something

3 Likes

As a dad i don’t what the issue is,i was in a shared house & my daughter would stay at weekends sleeping in my bed from the age of 5-7 ,it was either that or i would’nt have my daughter staying over. Parenting is a shared job & at least he is still doing his bit so give the man a break after all she is his daughter too

Unless there is a concern for sexual abuse I don’t know why you would be concerned? There’s no difference between that child sleeping with you or with him?? You’re the child’s parents & all kids enjoy cuddling up to mum or dad…

2 Likes

The same post??? Umm…

4 Likes

Wow unless you have a Very good reason for him not to then you honey have the problem

1 Like

Why is it a problem? Would it be ok if it were you instead of him? Are you thinking he is being inappropriate?

2 Likes

Their must be something else behind this do u trust him with your daughter if it’s a yes their shouldn’t be a problem but if for some reason you don’t trust him then it’s a clear no I don’t no why your asking strangers you should no as her mother what’s right

3 Likes

My dad has nothing but girls and we were in our early/late 20s and we would all go lay in his bed when he put a movie on…

I’m confused by this like a few others I guess.

I find it so upsetting that this is an issue for some people. Imagine how you would feel as her dad if you thought people were judging you for loving your child.
He’s possibly just wanting to spend as much time as he can with her given the fact he’s going to be moving so far away.
If cosleeping is an issue then your child should sleep in her own bed. :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

Umm, who seriously would even ask something like this? I can see why you two are getting separated because clearly you are a strange one! Why would you ever sexualize something like your daughter sleeping with her father? That’s almost like sexualizing a child sitting on her fathers lap. :flushed::woman_facepalming:t4: Someone is bitter I see!! If I were him, I would fight your weird ass for custody :joy:

18 Likes

I smell a dirty delete

2 Likes

Ermmm if you had a 5 year old son would you let him sleep in bed with you? He’s her Dad. Why would this thought even cross your mind? If you think anything inappropriate would happen why would you have children with this man in the first place? I think you need help!

9 Likes

First that isn’t inappropriate as long as he has never gave you reason to be worried about sexual abuse. He’s her father. You don’t have a right to try to control and set the rules for their relationship. You are leaving him your daughters not.

6 Likes

If she sleeps with you in master bedroom why’s it any different for her dad to share a bed with her? Children like to be close to their parents, my eldest is nearly 4 an without fairly every night she gets into my bed with me and my partner and myself not her biological partner have a problem with it as she clearly wants the comfort. As I wouldn’t have an issue if she got into bed with her dad an his partner x

2 Likes

It’s ok for you but not him be thankful that’s a close bond

2 Likes

I slept in the bed with my dad growing up.

Unless he’s done something that makes you not trust him when it comes to his daughter than no, this isn’t weird. Is it weird when moms sleep next to their sons? No? Than a dad sleeping next to his daughter is no different. Knock it off before you ruin a bond. :roll_eyes:

Obviously after a certain age it’s considered weird but early-middle childhood it’s not.

My mother pulled this bullshit when I was 6 and made me feel like wanting to cuddle next to my dad was wrong. Ruined the relationship we had for a while because I distanced myself.

My.father started sexually abusing me when I was two. Do don’t say she’s only five what’s the harm. He can be grooming het so that later when he does sexually attack her, it will seem normal in her eyes. So to everyone who says oh leave it alone it’s just her dad, that’s what they said about mine. I agree no adult male father or not, should be sleeping with anyone who’s that young. They start off young. Please see that their are two sides to every story.

If it’s okay for mother it should be okay with father, unless daughter has expressed that she no longer wants to share a bed with father.

5 Likes

Bruh that is his daughter!! If he has not gave you signs of anything inappropriate then your just overthinking let the man enjoy daddy daughter time

4 Likes

You better tread lightly or your gonna start putting unnecessary BS in your daughter head. Make sure your not masking your own stuff as other people’s stuff

21 Likes

That’s like saying you should never sleep in the bed with your son!! Well my son is almost 5, and he sleeps with me whenever he feels like it. Which is mostly naps on the weekend. Nothing is wrong with him sleeping in the same bed as y’all’s baby! That’s truly petty! I’m sorry but it truly is!!

I think the real question here is why do you not trust your daughters father to sleep in the same bed as her?
Because in a ‘normal’ household this isn’t generally thought about as a bad thing.

22 Likes

Sounds like they have a strong bound. Maybe he’s trying to soak up his last bit of being a full time dad. Can’t be easy for him ‘sharing’ your daughter. And it won’t be easy on your daughter as well. I am an adult and when I visit my dads apartment and he’s laying in bed reading news papers I still go next to him to hang out. Maybe it’s a cultural thing. If you truly have a gut feeling that something inappropriate is happening then there are signs to look for .

OP is getting dragged harder than Joe Exotic in a tiger cage

5 Likes

Bitter it’s not always sexual when a father pays attention to there child I hate people who label fathers in a bad way pathetic

4 Likes

Well when my parents were divorcing when I was 10, I would sometimes sleep with my dad. We were clothed in appropriate PJs. And there was no touching. And that case I would see no problem. But if there is a suspect of any sort of abuse I would not approve.

Wow, do you think it’s inappropriate if you sleep with your daughter ?? What a stupid question :woman_facepalming:t2: he is her father, if it’s okay for you, then it’s okay for him.

3 Likes

Unless you think he’s a creep what’s the problem…it’s her dad

2 Likes

Unless you have clear evidence that he’s done or is going to do something to her then you really need to take a step back. If it’s all in your imagination then I would have to agree with others who have said the problem is you. Maybe you have some underlying issues or maybe you were abused as a child and feel like the same thing could happen to her, but he’s her dad. If she’s comfortable with it then maybe you should try to be as well.

1 Like

Nothing. Because it’s not inappropriate as long as you’ve never had red flags of pedophilia before or sexual harassment.

It’s his daughter…

3 Likes

Would this be a question if you had your 5 year old son sleeping in the same bed as you? Unless you suspect something wrong is happening, leave it alone

16 Likes

So since your separating I’m guessing you’re about to use that bullshit to start a custody battle and use it for a reason why he can no longer see his child? :roll_eyes: it’s the weird made up scenario in your head yet it wasn’t a problem b4 the split nor is it a problem for you to sleep in the same bed as your child

31 Likes

So where is the problem? It is only ok if you share the bed with her, not her father? My 6 year old sneaks into bed with us in the middle of the night. I leave for work at 3am. She stays sleeping in the same bed as her dad till morning. Unless your daughter says she doesn’t want him sharing the bed with her, then there is no problem.

Some of these comments are shocking! I don’t know why the OP posted this but it’s not so far fetched for a father to molest or rape their own daughter… Yet, so many are pretending it is… Instead of being judgemental show some empathy as there may be something very wrong at home!

1 Like

So is it wrong that my 6yr son is sleep in my bed and I’m his mom. No! So why would it be wrong for him to sleep with his child. If he’s never done anything solid as sexual abuse then you need to stop that way of thought.

Its a blessing for him separating from your toxic mindset. I wonder if your daughter is already a witness of your apprehension, what sort of an image she would be growing up with of a guardian.

9 Likes

I had to re-read this post twice just to be sure i was really reading what it actually says… And still had to come look in the comments just to make sure i didnt misunderstand it the 2nd time too… What an odd question. And clearly something you seem to be insecure about… Why is this even something you’re so unsure about… Hes the biological father. Yall aint sleeping in the same room. There has to be more otherwise this whole post is hella weird… Has he done anything to indicate hes sexually attracted to his child? Have you witnessed anything? Has the child said anything? Does she act any way around him that seems out of character? Cause if not then you feeling the way you feel or having these type of un-instigated thoughts. Really makes me feel bad for the father and the effect that your problem thinking is most likely going to have on their relationship… And possibly the shit that its gonna create for him if you keep persistently making some innocent. Not at all sexual, normal and paternal thing into some weird pedophiles shit … Youre gonna ruin that dudes life. And thats gonna have a huge impact on your daughter. .

9 Likes

Wtf? Sounds like you have a jealousy issue. Which is sickening.
It’s fine for you but not for him? Get over yourself and stop trying to drive a wedge between the father and daughter. If this is how you are in general, he probably left you and he should fight you for custody. You have the issues obviously! What should you do??? Knock this crap off! That’s what you should do!

18 Likes

Well you better stop sleeping in the same bed then. I find this so sad that you think this and in turn could project it onto her. This is unfair on your daughter.

7 Likes

You are sexualizing a dad sleeping in the same bed as his young daughter, and you think he is the inappropriate one? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

36 Likes

Just because you’re separating from him doesn’t mean he is separating from his child. There’s nothing wrong at all with what’s going on. I feel like you’re possibly just allowing your resentment to play with your mind. How would you feel if he said the same about you?

7 Likes

Has your daughter not got her own room ? I mean your daughter is nearly 6 personally I think she should be in her own room not with u or her dad ?

5 Likes

I’m going to play devils advocate…and assume that since you’re acting like this… he gave you a reason… meaning sexual abuse… in the case I wouldn’t be posting fucking fb questions I would be getting a lawyer and keeping my kid as far away as possible.

So, the comments section isn’t going the way you planned

9 Likes

Teach her bodily autonomy and independent sleep and it could help prevent her from sleeping in bed with him. Your daughter should have her own bed so dad needs to stop crashing in her room. When he moves out he legally will have to have a bed and dresser for her

3 Likes

I don’t see any problem with that unless he has done something unusual for you 2 be concerned.

3 Likes

Would you be asking the same question if it was a mother sharing a bed with a five year old son? While I believe the child should be sleeping in their own bed I don’t see anything wrong with her sleeping next to her Dad.

5 Likes

You need to think about why you’re even questioning this! Do you have suspicions about him? Do you not trust him? If you think there’s nothing to worry about, you wouldn’t even question it.

4 Likes

Are you concerned or jealous? That seems to be something that needs to be addressed before asking this question. If there were red flags, I feel you, as a mother, would act on protecting your child. It’s very difficult to answer the question without knowing that

4 Likes

Me , My kids and there father sleep together any chance they get. Snuggle time is valued by everyone here. She is 5 and he’s 3 so no nothing wrong w it lol

1 Like

This thread is being posted everywhere​:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

How TF do you think of that shit? If he does something stupid. Then send his ass jail. There are plenty of people to see to your daughter justice. They don’t like that shit. As a father. I could never destroy my daughter’s life like that. I get a free pass to embarrass the shit out of her and put the fear of God in the heart of the poor soul that trying to take her from me. It sounds to me like you got issues. Some very bad ones at that. Ones that could really fuck up the relationship between him and his daughter. I pray for this guy to find a house. Cuz you is sick in the head. You bad for any relationship. Naw man. Big MF Red flag. You need God. Jesus can’t help you yo.

I think at the end of the day you need to figure out why you feel this way. If it’s just the age thing then honestly he’s her daddy don’t worry about it. If there’s another reason you’re feeling this then trust your instincts and figure out why you’re not feeling it’s right.

7 Likes

Why is ur 6 year old or in her own bed?? Can’t have different rules for both parents so if u don’t want him sleeping with her best you don’t either and cut the habit if ur so concerned

7 Likes