Is it normal for a grown man to kiss his mom/grandma on the lips?

It is normal for some people ,my sister in law always does ,no problem there

My Grandpa and 2 0f my uncles(1 one each side of the family did that) it was normal. Relax

My stepmom kisses me on my lips every night :wink::wink:

1 Like

Lots of families kiss their lived ones on the lips. Itā€™s only sexual if you make it. Itā€™s more popular amongst the grandparents

Normal with many European families. My husbands entire family does it, Iā€™ve been kissed by all of them as well, even his brothers lol.

If itā€™s a peck then yeah but if it was more then obviously not lol. Some people just express there love that way

I think its completely normalā€¦ I mean hopefully he isnt kissing then like he does youā€¦ If that were the case id ve a little concernedā€¦ :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Some will say normal, some will say not. Do you and live a happy life girl!

My mom, and both grandmothers have long since passed. My grandma passed before I was born, nana, by the time I was 1. I always kissed my mom and continue to kiss my sister on the lips my whole life (Iā€™m 49, my sister is 38) and I will continue to do so. Whoever taught you to sexualize ALL displays of affection is a complete moron and you need to unlearn this stupidity. If you canā€™t, you need to let him go so he gets a chance to meet a fellow human being. :angry::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

11 Likes

He just loves his grandma and mum remember youā€™ve only known him for 3months so you donā€™t know his family like that to be judging, I do it to my papa coz heā€™s old and one day you wonā€™t even be able to that once they gone so suck it up lady like the rest said you just probably havenā€™t had that type of affection before in Maori families itā€™s normal just as long as they not making out then you have a problem :roll_eyes::joy:

4 Likes

Someone of yā€™all really making snarky comments just because she asked a question?! She clearly states that it wasnā€™t something she was used to and didnā€™t grow up in a loving family. She was just taken backā€¦please relax peoplešŸ™„

5 Likes

The rest of you idiots just have a dirty mind and goes to show your family probably did some fucked up things to you in the past thatā€™s why your grossed out pathetic turn that mind around !!

I wasnt raised like this but. Iā€™m very affectionate with my daughterā€¦never leave her without a hug and smack on the lipsā€¦bc I :heart: herā€¦and always always say I love youā€¦

1 Like

My question is where are you from because honestly in the states that is something not heard of very often. But I do know in European countries itā€™s a form of endearment

1 Like

No that is not normal!!! No parent should kiss their kids on the lips no matter the age thatā€™s sickening

11 Likes

Yes it is. I grew up kissing my dad and grandma and aunts on the lips

2 Likes

Yes as long as there is no tounge involved then itā€™s just awkward

1 Like

No not normalā€¦I grew up in a very loving family and never kissed my parents on lips and I do not do so with my kids either. But I guess thatā€™s my normal so I donā€™t find that affection normal but to others itā€™s normal. So I guess itā€™s your call if you are ok with it. I just think itā€™s not ok personally. I donā€™t think itā€™s immature to think itā€™s not normal. Heā€™s a grown man. That type of kisses is for relationships in my world. Either way youā€™re call and if itā€™ss something youā€™re not ok with, itā€™s ok to feel that way.

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t raised like that either but it doesnā€™t phase me any. Now if they made out then that is different lol but a simple kiss is nothing more than that.

I donā€™t see it as normal for me. Itā€™s obviously not for you. But just because you donā€™t find it normal doesnā€™t mean others donā€™t. Iā€™ve seen this before and while yes I find it weird, thatā€™s just how some families are. Youā€™ll need to decide if you can move past it (itā€™s ok if you canā€™t, itā€™s your life/decision) because letā€™s say that you stay with this man, his family is then your family and they might kiss you on the lips as well eventually.

5 Likes

I guess whatā€™s normal depends on the family. Seems beyond creepy and nowhere near normal to me. I would have been disgusted to see that :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Itā€™s purely based on how the family is. Iā€™ve seen it before, but I think itā€™s really weird. :joy: In my opinion, lip kisses are for significant others and relatives can get cheek kisses. :raised_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Iā€™d say no but I donā€™t kiss anyone or let anyone kiss me because I am a germ freak, even pre COVID lol.

1 Like

Itā€™s very normal. I even kiss some of my friends men and women on the lips. If itā€™s not for you, then donā€™t do it.

4 Likes

Everyoneā€™s ā€œnormalā€ looks different. Iā€™m sorry you didnā€™t grow up in a loving family, but donā€™t project that onto him because he did. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with this, itā€™s just a kiss.

4 Likes

I see it all the time and I think itā€™s wrong for parents/grandparents to do so and always have.

1 Like

Some in my family do, some donā€™t. It is a peck, not a French kiss!!

1 Like

We all have different views but if he has done it all of his life you cant make him change Iā€™m sorry x

1 Like

Sounds like French people, itā€™s all good

Seriously??? Youā€™ve got issues not him.

4 Likes

It is and its gross lol ive seen people do that I just think its too affectionate for family but Iā€™ve definitely seen people do it. But I barely even like to hug family so not my place to judge

1 Like

Hmmā€¦ I can see a kiss on the cheek as normal but on the lipsā€¦ not so much :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Do you kiss your kids on the lips your kids are still your when they are grown

1 Like

While not everyone does it it is completely normal!

Some families have different views on their way of showing their love

Some families have that customā€¦now when they do more than a quik peck ā€¦u may wanna worry

I see nothing wrong with it tbh. I kiss my kids on the lips. (ages 15,12,11)

Its normal, I personally donā€™t kiss my kids on the lips after they are pre teen

Itā€™s normal.just a little kiss on lips.Family has been doing it for years .

I see nothing wrong with it

Every family is different and yes it is perfectly normal in some families. People now days are so quick to judge others by what they think is ā€œnormalā€. Donā€™t be one of them.

6 Likes

In many families a quick kiss on the lips is normal, some it is not.

Totally normal, that was the way I was raised too your all family, my parents always did it with close friends too

Its normal. My meemaw does this to me still lol im 28

I kiss my kids on the lips but they are younge still.

I feel more sad for you. Why would it disgust you? Unless it was a big frenchie or something :joy::joy: My grandma kisses everyone in the family.

2 Likes

Why would u feel disgusted?

1 Like

I donā€™t care who agrees or disagreesā€¦I donā€™t like it!!! If your lips are touching everybody elseā€™s then donā€™t touch mine.
Also It has been said that people shouldnā€™t kiss their babies on the mouth. Well since my children will always be my babies I still donā€™t.

3 Likes

I can only hope that my boys will continue to kiss me on the lips. Completely normal

From European family, very normal and accepting. Just a little peckā€¦ we arenā€™t perverts.

2 Likes

I always kissed my Grandparents on the lipsā€¦:revolving_hearts:

Some people have no clue how to love like that!!! I dated a guy who never hugged or kissed or got said I love you tooā€¦ makes it hard to be in a relationshipā€¦ I love he did that

Yeah once people are adults they shouldnā€™t do that

1 Like

A kiss is a show of love. Does he love his mom and grandma. Does he kiss you on the lips. Does he love u. Whatā€™s the difference?

2 Likes

My daddy always kissed my lips.I guess everyone is different

I kiss my ppl on the lips. Little kisses is showing love, not sexual desire. To each their own tho

Yesā€¦its normal in some families.

I have never felt comfortable with my kids kissing me on the lips and im their mom. It could be a cultural thing like for me im puerto rican so hug n kiss on the cheek for hello n goodbyes :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes its normal its not like it a pash , I kiss my kids on the lips

Itā€™s normal. Itā€™s okay if you donā€™t do it, itā€™s okay if you do.

1 Like

I think its normal but everyone is different i actually said i love you to my brother before we hung up the other day and someone said i was wierd for that lolā€¦ Everyone loves different doesnt mean its wrong

You never know if that will be the last time you get to kiss them.

Pretty gross but some familyā€™s do that.

3 Likes

I think it depends on what the family is comfortable with. If it bothers you that much end the relationship. If you start it off being judgemental your mind will always fall back on that thought. Why waste time? If it bothers you enough you ask complete strangers about it, just be done. You both deserve something more.

2 Likes

Itā€™s just affection and love

Normal for some families yes but not for mine :woozy_face: while my kids are little yes but once they reach a certain age itā€™s on the cheek, I find it weird seeing people kiss on the lips unless it is their partner :woman_shrugging: but thatā€™s just me

9 Likes

To me, itā€™s weird that people donā€™t kiss their kids on the lips. Maybe I was just raised different, Idkā€¦

3 Likes

Itā€™s always been like that in my family. I always kissed my mom and dad as well as my siblings goodbye. I always gave my Aunts and Uncles goodbye also

One of my old best friends used to kiss her dad and mom on the lipsā€¦ she was 9ā€¦ i personally never grew up kissing any of my parents and think itā€™s kinda weird especially being older. Like babies are okay but personally as soon as my lil one turns 5 were not doing that anymore.

If thatā€™s how they grew up then yeah. Not everyone kisses on the cheek

Yuck, not in my family

2 Likes

When my kids were smaller, now it is the top of their head mostly. But as adults it seams odd to me, that is reserved for significants, but that is just me

Chill out lil momma, I kiss my beautiful boy of 9 on the lips. Itā€™s all good. Might be unusual for you but itā€™s alright

If it were a long kiss Iā€™d be concerned about it, but a quick kiss means there a close family.

Anyone that loves his mom and gma like that will love you the same way. Trust me!! My boyfriend is like that with his mom but man he treats me better than I could ever imagine. Plus he takes care of my kids. He is the sweetest most amazing man ever. It may seem weird I get it but just means they are a loving family and it is amazing being in a family like that. Atleast for me it is!! His family is more my family than my own family!!

3 Likes

I didnt grow up like that but I know some families do this. I kissed my kids on the lips until about 6 or 7 and now on the cheek.

1 Like

Thatā€™s so weird to me. My husband would never kiss his mom on the mouth. Like ever. And theyā€™re super close.

2 Likes

A quick little kiss on the lips is definitely normal :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I kiss my parents and grandparents on the lips. But that was how i was brought up. Each family is different.

1 Like

Shit my whole family does little peck kisses on the lips. I honestly never thought anything of it before I saw this post. We are just the type of family that believes you always hug and kiss goodbye and never leave or hung up the phone without saying I love you because you never know when it will be the last time you see each other. Shit you canā€™t leave our house without saying ā€œI love you ,be safe and call me when you make it thereā€ about 15 times before shutting the door lmao.

Iā€™m 25 and kid immediate family members like this but mostly my mom lol

My kids also kiss me too.

I never even thought that other families didnā€™t do this, wow!

It would weird me out. I am all about the hugs and being lovey dovey, but kissing other family members on the lips is not for me. To each his own.

How lucky you are to have a loving boyfriend.

1 Like

It is normal if lips are closed and it is a peck. Now if he was giving a deep open mouth kiss I would be wondering why.

4 Likes

Each family is different. But he is normal. Your family didnā€™t, thatā€™s ok.

1 Like

My husband grew up in an Italian family and for them itā€™s totally normal, but for me I still think itā€™s so weird and I turn away when I know itā€™s coming :joy: but itā€™s normal for them so I just respect it :heart:

2 Likes

I would feel weird about it

A quick peck is a sign of respect and unconditional love in our family to moms and grandmaā€™s

This is normal for many. I would of had the same reaction as you. Definitely not normal when I was growing up.

Each to their own but in my family itā€™s normalšŸ™‚

1 Like

LMAO it depends on how you grow upā€¦ Iā€™m not a mouth kisser maybe when my kids were little but once they got bigger no. However it is not weird some people just come from a very affectionate families. And thatā€™s all right.

Thats affection in my family,its not sexualized to Us all.We know the difference

1 Like

Itā€™s a cultural thing. Some do it, some dont. Depends entirely on the persons :slightly_smiling_face: if it bothers you, try to reflect upon your own judgement and figure out why it bothers you so much! :heart:

1 Like

This is normal in my family too.

Some families do, some dont. Either way its okay

2 Likes

My brothers & cousins kissed their mums on the lips until they turned into to cool teenagers ! Some do it some donā€™t itā€™s normal for some itā€™s not for some ! Just like most people are saying either way itā€™s okay :love_you_gesture:

Very normal. It is a sign of love and trust. You see it more in mothers then fathers. My son who is 4 kisses me on my lips and i have always kissed my mom on hers and she on her moms lips.

My family kisses on the lips. I still kiss my mom and dad on the lips and Iā€™m 41. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

My husband and his mother kissed on the mouth when we first started dating,and it was weird but I simply reminded him of where his mouth had just been a couple hrs prior and out of respect to her he stopped kissing her on the mouth :joy:

14 Likes

I find it wierd amd woukdnt kiss my parents on the mouth now lol but i kiss my own kids on the lips and i wouldnā€™t stop unless they asked me too :woman_shrugging: i guess hes lucky to have a loving family. Its clearly something both him, his mum and his granny feel is normal. Iā€™d be glad to have them as loving role models for me inlaws and my kids having them as grannies :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

unless there was tongue involved, who cares? Lol

9 Likes